• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
lava stage: Mario (Bowser's Castle)

ship stage: Donkey Kong (Gangplank Galleon)

vertical scrolling stage: Kid Icarus?
Personally I like Pirate Ship for "ship stage". Gangplank Galleon would really only be there if K. Rool was...which is pretty likely, so nevermind.

As for The Underworld being a vertically-scrolling stage? I have but two, simple words for you.

F*CK YES​

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
In all reality, if you wanted a TRUE full pokemon environent.... POKEMON ISLAND, from POKEMON SNAP. Seriously. I want to battle in the Valley :/.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Personally I like Pirate Ship for "ship stage". Gangplank Galleon would really only be there if K. Rool was...which is pretty likely, so nevermind.

As for The Underworld being a vertically-scrolling stage? I have but two, simple words for you.

F*CK YES​
That's the way it's supposed to be, right? (Kid Icarus seems pretty hard) I can see Pirate Ship returning as a stage. But we need TWO ship stages, so Gangplank Galleon, as it sails by a nice tropical island, would be neat.

In all reality, if you wanted a TRUE full pokemon environent.... POKEMON ISLAND, from POKEMON SNAP. Seriously. I want to battle in the Valley :/.
Which one's that, the one with the Gyarados?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah, Kid Icarus is split between vertically-scrolling stages (though they don't autoscroll. They just follow you as you make your ascent) and horizontal, autoscrolling shooting levels.

So a upward, autoscrolling stage, filled with swarms of Monoeyes, Nettlers, Shemums, and so on, with the occasional appearance by the Eggplant Wizard and Reaper would be infinitely better than the P.O.S. stage they gave Pit in Brawl.

Seriously, does anybody even like Skyworld?

And I still like the Route X idea better than the island from Snap, because the route not only represents the whole world of Pokemon, but the actual games as well. What better way to represent the long, long journey to Pokemon Masterdom than the actual, physical journey? (The stage could end at the Pokemon League, at which point large flying Pokemon take you back to Pallet Town).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, Kid Icarus is split between vertically-scrolling stages (though they don't autoscroll. They just follow you as you make your ascent) and horizontal, autoscrolling shooting levels.

So a upward, autoscrolling stage, filled with swarms of Monoeyes, Nettlers, Shemums, and so on, with the occasional appearance by the Eggplant Wizard and Reaper would be infinitely better than the P.O.S. stage they gave Pit in Brawl.

And I still like the Route X idea better than the island from Snap, because the route not only represents the whole world of Pokemon, but the actual games as well. What better way to represent the long, long journey to Pokemon Masterdom than the actual, physical journey? (The stage could end at the Pokemon League, at which point large flying Pokemon take you back to Pallet Town).
I'm not a fan of Skyworld.

Does the scrolling Route have to take place in Kanto? Holy crud, even better, the stage sometimes changes between regions (wild dream, wild dream!). It could scroll by some landmarks in the background (quickly).

Roihu

Smash Ace
I try, I try. :chuckle:

If there's one Pokemon song that I'd really like to see...it's probably the Primal/Dark Dialga battle music from Mystery Dungeon 2.
Why do *******s feel the need to use my rip and upload the same **** with different backgrounds?
Also, the remix is pretty awesome.
A stage I would really like to see would see is Temporal Tower, but it'd be too much like Spear Pillar.
The runnerup would have to be Sootopolis City with Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza fighting in the background. It's hopeless but it'd be a nice idea.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

I think that the 1st gen. has gotten enough rep though so let another region have the route maybe?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think the consensus is that anything would be better than Pokemon Stadium 3. (Speak now or forever hold your peace.) (Aye!)

Tin Tower

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, okay, we can put Phendrana Drifts and Magmoor Caverns in the Pokemon stage too.
The next game needs to do this for its stages. Can you imagine if Clock Town was played in the AC stag; Hell Prominence on the lava stage?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Does the scrolling Route have to take place in Kanto? Holy crud, even better, the stage sometimes changes between regions (wild dream, wild dream!).
Most likely. That region has the most exposure, and is easily the most "legendary" of the four.

But yeah, different regions wouldn't happen. It would already take a tremendous amount of work to make a stage that incorporates most of the Pokemon world, so making multiple versions would be pretty far out...

Though now that I say that, I don't think it actually has to be a specific region. As long as there're no signs that say "Welcome to Viridian/Rustboro/Mauville City", then they could get by just making generic, all-encompassing archetypical towns and cities.

Small Hometown > Large First City (w/Gym) > Dark Cavern > Second Gym City > Marshlands > Cycling Road > Huge City with Shopping Mall > Cruise across the ocean on the S.S. Something > Third Gym City > Desert w/Sandstorm > Climbing a tall mountain > Mysterious Ruins (and maybe a Legendary Pokemon?) > Descending the mountain > Final Gym City > Victory Road > Pokemon League > Small Hometown...

Rinse and repeat! (Think of the ">"s as generic Route scenery (traveled dirt road, tall grass, some tree, etc.) to fill in the gaps between areas.)

Of course, a stage like that might take a good ten or twenty minutes to fully play through...BUT IT WOULD BE SO FREAKING AWESOME

EDIT - Pokemon Stadium 3 NOT for the win.

EDIT 2 - Yes, we really need Galaxy music in SSB4.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The next game needs to do this for its stages. Can you imagine if Clock Town was played in the AC stag; Hell Prominence on the lava stage?
Oh, you speak of music? I was actually joking around with whoever I was quoting; I meant that the Magmoor Caverns could appear on a Pokemon stage. But it'd be nice to move some music selections around, yeah.

Though now that I say that, I don't think it actually has to be a specific region. As long as there're no signs that say "Welcome to Viridian/Rustboro/Mauville City", then they could get by just making generic, all-encompassing archetypical towns and cities.
That's what I was thinking. (So...it's not really Kanto?) (It'd be really long, so that'd be a bit of a problem...perhaps some super-scrolling?)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Add Megaman---playable character

Issac from golden Sun---playable character

Take Snake OUT....(he never belonged)

Add Krystal from star fox.---playable character

Switch ZZS for Dark Samus

More stage builder options.
Ex//// movable stages would be a HUGE improvement.

take out tripping out unless it is part of a character ......EX///diddy bannna

Lighthouse tower from golden sun would make a kick *** stage.

Add another Falcon character......... Black bull....Blood Falcon....Samuri Goro (blood falcon would own)

Knuckles or tails...

Zero from megaman if possible.....megaman must come first.

PLEASE SAKURI IMPROVE THE BALNCE.......

Mith_

Smash Champion
Elite 4 place would be nice. The stage could be Final Destination esque, randomly having a theme when the fight starts depending on which member of the Elite 4's room.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post but,

New Gen Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken) would be kickass.
So would Meowth as a playable character.

These have prolly already been said but I'm not reading 452 pages lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...paradox!

*I know what you mean though. Isn't the cocky buttface Blue though?
Huh? Are you talking about the manga character names?

Pokemon Trainer is Red, Gary is Green (Blue in the US), the female Pokemon Trainer is Blue (Green in the US), and then there's Yellow, an original character.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Huh? Are you talking about the manga character names?

Pokemon Trainer is Red, Gary is Green (Blue in the US), the female Pokemon Trainer is Blue (Green in the US), and then there's Yellow, an original character.
Well, Roihu was talking about in-game and...fudge, I'm confused.

*not really though, it's all good

Roihu

Smash Ace
Sorry, I usually go by what the Japanese do.
Kuma is right on the target.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Bring back the Halberd and give Kirby and DDD their own stages. Actually, every character needs their own stage.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Actually, every character needs their own stage.
This makes sense...

...Until you think about the cloned or double characters. What stage is easily associated with Falco? Wolf? Zamus? Sheik? R.O.B.? Jiggs?

I think they should rather shoot for two stages per franchise, and maybe three if it's one of the bigger ones (i.e. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Recent Awesome Stage Ideas Compiled (RASIC):

Gangplank Galleon (MasterWarlord)

Bowser's Castle (MasterWarlord)

Route X (Chief Mendez)/Gym (SkylerOcon)/Colosseum (C. Olimar)/Battle Tower (Luvtoy77)/Safari Zone/
Tin Tower

some scrolling Kid Icarus stage

Mario Galaxy stage

MT. DEDEDE

Sorry if I got anyone's name wrong. Would anyone else like to contribute their cool ideas? SmashBoardians unite?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
List of stages for every character:

Mario: Rainbow Cruise/virtually any random Mario stage
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion
Peach: Peach's Castle
Bowser: Bowser's Castle
Bowser Jr.: Delfino Plaza
Toad (Not that he's likely): Mario Circuit
Geno (Not that he's likely): Forest Maze (SMRPG)
Donkey Kong: Kongo Jungle
Diddy Kong: Krazy Kremland
Dixie Kong: Bramble Scramble (Music, Dixie gets it over Diddy due to being able to actually manuever it in better with her hair.)
K. Rool: Gangplank Galleon/K. Rool's Boxing Arena (DK64)
Wario: Warioware/Warioland stage
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island
Link: *Insert random Zelda stage here*
Zelda/Shiek: Hyrule Castle
Ganondorf: Ganon's Tower
Toon Link: Great Sea
Midna/Zant (Not that they're likely): Palace of Twilight
Samus/ZSS: *Insert random Metroid stage here*
Ridley: Pirate Homeworld
Pit: Skyworld
Ice Climbers: Summit
Rob: Gyromite
Kirby: Green Greens
Meta Knight: Halberd
Dedede: Mt. Dedede
Olimar: Distant Planet
Fox: Corneria
Falco: *Insert random Starfox stage here*
Wolf: Venom
Krystal (Not that she's likely): Dinosaur Planet
Captain Falcon: *Insert random F-Zero stage here*
Black Shadow: Underworld course where Deathborn is faced
Samurai Goroh (Not that he's likely): The canyon where he and his bandit gang hang out.
Pikachu: Pokemon Stadium/2
Jigglypuff: Poke'floats
Mewtwo: Team Rocket Base/Other random 1st gen stage
Pokemon Trainer: *Insert random 1st gen stage here*
Lucario: Spear Pillar
5th Gen Pokemon: *Insert random 5th gen pokemon location here*
Marth/Ike/Roy/New FE Lord/Sigurd/Your FE lord of choice: *Insert stage from where their game takes place here*
Ness: Onettt
Lucas: New Pork City
Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone/2
Sonic: Green Hill Zone
Knuckles (Not that he's likely): Angel Island
Tails (Not that he's likely): Mystic Ruins
Eggman (Not that he's likely): Egg Carrier/Final Egg/Death Egg
Shadow (Not that he's likely): Space Colony ARK
Snake: Shadow Moses Island
Megaman: *Insert random Megaman stage here*
Bomberman: *Insert random Bomberman stage here*
Simon Belmont: *Insert random Castlevania stage here*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
10,000 bonus cookies for including Bomberman on that list.

All in all, looks pretty good.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Good list that pretty much covers most of the popular characters, MasterWarlord. It's a lot to discuss and get down and dirty with though....:urg:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My big complaint with it is...sure, those stages all fit, but would it be worth it to divest all that time and energy in making a stage out of all of them? I mean, is every one of them so iconic and inexorably linked to the character it's for?

No. And that, again, goes double for characters like Falco.

And then there's the question of: could each of those stage ideas actually make good stages? Fighting on the Pirate Homeworld would be...kind of boring, actually. Or at least, it sounds it.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Just make another stage for the cloned characters. For example, Star Fox franchise can have three stages (Fox, Falco, Wolf), and Ice Climbers can have one.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Not all characters need their own stage if there isn't anything that iconic to put there, or there's another stage choice that really jumps out. Characters like Falco will just get their series another stage added that doesn't really relate to them, but is their "home stage" none the less. The only real problem I have with this is that it'd mean Starfox would get 3 stages, when it has trouble getting 2. Just so long as there's as many stages from each series as there are characters with nothing that really contradicts the character (Bowser's home stage is Peach's castle lol!), it's fine.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
you didn't include X character! you suck!

but seriously, its pretty **** hard to list ALL of the possible contestents for SSb4. though i think you did pretty good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom