• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Bad sales would make me a sad puppy and spoil our chances for a fourth Super Smash Bros. to not only exist, but to trump Brawl in terms of production effort and quality.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
Well I think of 15 new hidden characters for new super smash bros 4

Bowser jr, and he can transform to shadow Mario
Lips, from panel de pon
Princess Rosalina
Midna
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Maciah, from Radiant Dawn
Megaman
Krystal from Star fox adventure
Shadow or Amy Rose
Bomberman
Mona or Ashley from Warioware
Princess Daisy
Deoxys
Knunckle Joe from Kirby series
I hope you like my idea characters but I really want to see Rosalina and Lips in action. And I thought of two bosses on the adventure mode
Marx
Metal Sonic

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well I think of 15 new hidden characters for new super smash bros 4

Lips, from panel de pon
Princess Rosalina
Midna
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Megaman
Shadow or Amy Rose
Bomberman
Princess Daisy
Deoxys
I hope you like my idea characters but I really want to see Rosalina and Lips in action. And I thought of two bosses on the adventure mode
Marx
Metal Sonic
Too many GIRLS, ewwwwww

just kidding, Girl Power! and try not to double post please

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Tom Nook is likely the best representation though. The Animal Crossing human is whoever you make it to be. There's no real look for the guy either. K.K. Slider and Ressetti also don't work as well, because one's a character that shows up once a week in a optional event, and the other you're not technically supposed to see at all. You have to deal with Nook though no matter what, and despite being a shop keeper, he's got quite a bit of move set pottential.
You could just pick one of the many looks. It's not like it will be a huge problem and fans will be outraged.

But, if Sakurai will direct SSB4, we'll never see an Animal Crossing character.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I HAS ISSUES WITH TIRE LIST.

Yoshimitsu should be at the top of top tier. And Talim should be top tier as well. Come on, she has wind magic.

Cervantes's gun is a no-no for Smash. Also, since when do pirates generally have the ability to make water?
Check out my Nightmare, Voldo and Yoshimitsu movesets if you want your mind changed on that matter. Most of Zasalamel's actual moves actually translate well into Smash, unlike Talim, which is why he's so high while Talim's so low.

On Cervantes, he doesn't actually use a gun. His freaking SWORDS shoot bullets, so he might actually be able to get away with it in smash due to being so unrealistic. As for the water powers, he had some attacks like that in Soul Calibur Legends, not that anybody's played that, but that'd just be to give him a less generic recovery.

Really, Soul Calibur characters are easy to make A moves for, but you have to get pretty creative for the B moves.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hmm...

At least Bowser Jr. I agree with. I've always been iffy on the SM transformation.

Lips, from panel de pon
It's Lip, and I think she's a decent suggestion. I'd be interested to see how she turned out.

Princess Rosalina
Not likely. Peach is still Mario's princess.

Unless she gets a role in more LoZ games, that's not gonna happen.

King K Rool
Now there's a character worth adding.

Dixie Kong
Please, no. She's not a necessary character by any means, and she's really kind of a stupid character, if you ask me.

Radiant Dawn's gonna be last decade's news by the time SSB4 comes out, so unless Micaiah plays a prominent role in future FE games, she hasn't got even the slightest chance of getting in.

Yes! 183% YES!!

Fine, if for no other reason than to make peopel shut up about her.

Shadow or Amy Rose
*cough*Try*cough*Knuckles*cough*

Bomberman
I'm SirKibble, and I approve this message.

Ugh... I hate Wario enough already...

Princess Daisy
I don't see this happening. She'll likely be an alternate color for Peach forever.

Not worth jumping into Pokemon's past for. We'll get a fifth-generation Pokemon, more than likely.

I'd love to see this, fanatic that I am, but I don't think it's likely at all.

Marx
Metal Sonic
Not bad boss ideas. I'd love to see Marx, and Metal Sonic would be interesting as well. It would be nice to have some bosses that aren't so huge. The small ones always were the killers!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Check out my Nightmare, Voldo and Yoshimitsu movesets if you want your mind changed on that matter. Most of Zasalamel's actual moves actually translate well into Smash, unlike Talim, which is why he's so high while Talim's so low.

On Cervantes, he doesn't actually use a gun. His freaking SWORDS shoot bullets, so he might actually be able to get away with it in smash due to being so unrealistic. As for the water powers, he had some attacks like that in Soul Calibur Legends, not that anybody's played that, but that'd just be to give him a less generic recovery.

Really, Soul Calibur characters are easy to make A moves for, but you have to get pretty creative for the B moves.
I like the Yoshimitsu, except for three things:

-I think his Dash Attack should be his Flying Knee (the real name escapes me)

-One of his victory lines should be "Behold the magnificence of my victory!"

-and one of his taunts needs to be "Well done!"

:p

Cervantes's Nirvana really is a gun and sword put together (and I didn't know that about Soulcalibur Legends), and if they put great detail into changing Snake's realistic mine, I think they'd do something about a real gun, even if it is attached to a sword. Just IMO though.

I ought to do one of those for Talim (she has wind magic).

(If a Soul Calibur character were to make it in, I think it'd probably be Mitsurugi, Taki,
or Yoshimitsu
)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Really? I'd wager on Nightmare/Siegfried. He's usually the character most central to the plot, and he's also the logo for Project Soul.

Personally I'd prefer Maxi or Talim, but they are, admittedly, kind of ho-hum.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The character without question would be Nightmare if Soul Calibur got a character. Nightmare is more popular, he's on the gamefaqs character battle polls along with Ivy while there's no Siegfried in sight. If you take away Siegfried's dealings with Nightmare and Soul Calibur Legends, Siegfried is unimportant. Soul Calibur Legends was mediocre and shouldn't be reasoning to make a character playable. Siegfried would be the one to make it in if Nightmare didn't, though. Nightmare also, as stated, has much more moveset potetional.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Does it really have a flower's chance in hell of getting in?
(Of course, hell could always be like heaven, except exxagerated...)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
But see, can you define "Smash community"?

If you mean the much-vaunted "Competitive Players", then you're talking about an incredibly small percentage of actual Smash Bros. players, so why would anyone spend time and (more importantly) money pandering to them, when the potential rewards are almost non-existent? I mean, I can guarantee that even if Brawl was the holy "Melee 2.0", people still would've found issues with it.

And it probably wouldn't have sold as well, to boot. :ohwell:
Quote for truthiness

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Really? I'd wager on Nightmare/Siegfried. He's usually the character most central to the plot, and he's also the logo for Project Soul.

Personally I'd prefer Maxi or Talim, but they are, admittedly, kind of ho-hum.
As a fellow Filipino, I decided to throw this together:

Talim:
the Flying Filipina joins the battle!​

B - Icy Wind: I believe this is the one that's Talim's B+K move. She thrusts one of her elbow blades straight forward to strike the opponent. This attack can be charged, and freezes the opponent as they are sent flying.

Side B - Wind Sault: Talim does a front flip forward for a good distance. If she makes contact with an opponent while flipping, she will kick them with both legs three times while flipping, then finish with a downward slash with two arms. An attack button can be pressed mid-flip to just do the downward slash instead. This move is good for sideways recovery.

Up B - Whirlwind: Talim summons a whirlwind to lift herself up into the air. This move doesn't damage, but does blows away characters who come too close.

Down B - Gale: Talim strikes a defensive pose, ready to counter. If an opponent does attack while she's in this stance, she does a quick flip backwards to evade, than counterattacks with a forward thrusting strike.

Final Smash - rip-off of Critical Finish

one of her Taunts: "Are you okay?"

@Roihu: HEY, IT COULD HAPPEN

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
WAAAGH DOWN SPECIAL COUNTER

DOUBLE WAAAGH COPIED FINAL SMASH

...Yeah, she wouldn't be worth it. Also, are people from the Philippines really called "filipinos"?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Dunno. Nightmare is much more important to Soul Calibur than Talim though, so don't get your hopes up.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
WAAAGH DOWN SPECIAL COUNTER

DOUBLE WAAAGH COPIED FINAL SMASH

...Yeah, she wouldn't be worth it. Also, are people from the Philippines really called "filipinos"?
BUT IT'S A COOL LOOKING COUNTER

I wasn't serious about copying the Critical Finisher...
I bet if I wrote more and with more detail you would've liked it better....

And yeah, it's with an F in English (not Philippians). In Tagalog, we're Pilipino, or Pinoy. Pinoy Power!

Dunno. Nightmare is much more important to Soul Calibur than Talim though, so don't get your hopes up.
I'm not really getting my hopes up for Soul Calibur anyway.
Come on Yoshimitsu

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
BUT IT'S A COOL LOOKING COUNTER
Your face is a cool looking counter.

O BURN

I bet if I wrote more and with more detail you would've liked it better....
No, if you had covered it in tasty, delicious, rib-sticking blueberry pie--then I would've liked it better.

And yeah, it's with an F in English (not Philippians). In Tagalog, we're Pilipino, or Pinoy. Pinoy Power!
I learn something new every day. :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
[/SPOILER]
That reminds me. Aren't some of Talim's move names in Tagalog? Also, not to sound offensive, but Pinoy sounds like it could be the name of a monster from the Mario series.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I vote Pikachu from the Brawl Taunts 2 video gets in. 'Bout time Pikachu had a change of character.

He'd have an epic win pose: "I don't have to %#@!$&# impress you people!"

Lol. I just saw those for the first time yesterday, and that part made me laugh... A lot. Heck, the whole thing did.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That reminds me. Aren't some of Talim's move names in Tagalog? Also, not to sound offensive, but Pinoy sounds like it could be the name of a monster from the Mario series.
Yes, a lot of them (in SC2 at least).

Tuhod Slice = Knee Slice

Double Abaniko = Double Fan

Sipa = Kick

Whirlwind (?) Kamay = Whirlwind Hand

Pinoy kinda looks like Pokey...or Spiney...uhh...yeah!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Soul Calibur characters? wow, simply astounding, how cool and sexy would it be to see Ivy, or Mitsurugi who would simply best the most EPic characters from the series. Cervantes sounds like he would work, though he might seem a little "too"
violent for a T rated game, but I guess that didn't stop Snake form making it in now did it?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The SC series is rated T, you know. Although Smash seems to be on the younger end.

OmegaXXII

The SC series is rated T, you know. Although Smash seems to be on the younger end.
I wasn't referring to the game, I was referring to the sole character Cervantes who IMO would looks way violent with his swords.

and yea Ivy wouldn't be appropriate as seeing she shows alot of skin, though she could get in with an alternate costume which i wouldn't mind but still it would be nice.

OmegaXXII

Astaroth, Yoshimitsu, Nightmare, Necrid, and possibly Zasalamel would be bad *** looking.

as for Voldo, Algol...meh, I rather see Heihachi up against Link, I know Heihachi's never been on a Nintendo system but it still would be fun.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Cervantes doesn't have to have his brutal moves with his throws in, and the bullets being shot from the sword don't have to be that realistic. The bullets are very small, and could work like Shiek's Needles. There isn't any actual gun sound effect when he shoots them in Soul Calibur anyway.

But as for who actually would be in if Soul Calibur got a character:

Top Tier:
Nightmare
Siegfried

High Tier:
Ivy
Taki
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu

Mid-High Tier:
Astaroth
Voldo
Cervantes

No chance in hell tier:
Everyone else (If you're complaining about Talim not being on the list, you should be complaining about Kilik.)

OmegaXXII

^actually it should be like this:

Top Tier:
Nightmare
Ivy
Mitsurugi

High Tier:
Astaroth
Taki
Siegfried

Mid Tier:
Voldo
Cervantes
Zasalamel
Talim

BottomTier:
Kikik

@smashbot226: oh yea, I forgot about Tekken Advance, wasn't that the PS1 remake of Tekken 3? well in any case at least Heihachi's chances aren't impossible even if his "only" appearance was on a hendheld.

smashbot226

Smash Master
^actually it should be like this:

Top Tier:
Nightmare
Ivy
Mitsurugi

High Tier:
Astaroth
Taki
Siegfried

Mid Tier:
Voldo
Cervantes
Zasalamel
Talim

BottomTier:
Kikik

@smashbot226: oh yea, I forgot about Tekken Advance, wasn't that the PS1 remake of Tekken 3? well in any case at least Heihachi's chances aren't impossible even if his "only" appearance was on a hendheld.
Umm, Mitsu is ONE OF THOSE generic swordsman, to be honest.

And Asta could be higher, as the strongest, heaviest, slowest fighter.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Mitsurugi is indeed horribly generic and has little moveset potetional, but he's one of the icons of the game, also being popular.

Talim has zero likelihood due to having no impact on the story at all and being relatively new, having been introduced in Soul Calibur 2.

Zasalamel was introduced in Soul Calibur 3, but the storyline of that game REVOLVED AROUND HIM. Every character fought him multiple times in their story, and fought a super version of him for their final battle. He's one of the more unique characters in the franchise, the only thing killing his chances is the fact he showed up in the series so late.

My favorite characters in the series are Astaroth and Zass, so know it's hard for me to put them so low. Astaroth has better chances then you might think though, as he cameod in several other Namco games. He showed up in ridge racer as the mascot of a tire company. More importantly, Astaroth was a playable character in Pac-Man party while no other Soul Calibur character was, having been selected to represnt the Soul Calibur series. It's clear he's a favorite of the developers, and he's got long time veterancy, being vastly more popular then the character he was based off of, Rock, who was absent in Soul Calibur 2. Astaroth's turned into one of the more iconic characters of the series, but he's just not as popular as some of the other choices.

And we also have to keep in mind one thing. Nightmare completely outclasses everyone on every front for a Soul Calibur character and there's only going to be one of the series, so we're basically just having fun discussing this. Nothing wrong with having some fun, just saying.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Some minor changes to characters I just thought up of

Bowser: Make his fire breath individual balls of fire like in the original super mario bros
(In fact all his b moves need reconsidering: Bowser has a wealth of options that better fit his in game appearances, but that's another story)

Ivysaur:
Make vine whip a zair that doesn't make him helpless
New Up Special: Petal dance/Leaf Storm
Ivysaur moves upwards surrounded by a storm of leaves/petals, which go flying as he reaches the top. Of course, after he uses it, he's confused and helpless.

Charizard:
Change rock smash to strength, as in he actually throws the rock

Olimar:
Put his actual attacks from the pikmin game (his headbutting jab thingy and his stupid wind up punch) in somewhere
Make pikmin chain a Z air
New Up B: Olimar Throw
Olimars pikmin throw olimar up. The more pikmin he has, the higher he gets thrown (so one pikmin would give him an egg toss like boost, but six pikmin would be one of the "wonder height recoveries" (whatever the hell that means)
Switch down B and neutral B (it always made more sense that way), and give pikmin order a mild stun to nearby enemies

Kirby: Give Hammer the versatility it has in Kirby Superstar
Ie
Tilt forward B: Light overhead swing
Smash forward B: His current hammer attack
Dash B: He does that spin on the ground or whatever
Aerial Forward B: Same as in Melee
Smash Aerial Forward B: Same as in brawl
Probably wouldn't want to give him the hammer throw though
New Down Smash: Needles (that would look so awesome)
(In fact every single one of kirby's attacks should be some sort of distinctive copy power (he has a few generic attacks) but that's another story)

Samus: If you charge up the charge shot, then hold down side b for a second of so, samus launches a super missile.
New down B: Morph Ball
While in morph ball (note: all attacks end with samus reforming)
Down B: Bomb
Neutral B: Power bomb (an explosion emerges from a point: quite powerful but easy to avoid)
Side B: Boost ball (samus charges and then goes launching in a direction, samus reforms as helpless)
Up B: Spring ball (samus just goes up)
Z: Spider Ball (samus latches onto enemy [essentailly a grab])
A moves: Various ways of reforming that do damage

Wolf: Let him charge the laser, and have it home when fully charged

Yoshi: Incorporate neutral B into grab (down throw is egg lay)
Make grab tether recovery
Make super dragon cause earthquakes when yoshi lands
New Neutral B: Watermelon
*Rapidly tap b: Yoshi spits seeds
*Hold down b: Yoshi breathes fire
*Press b for a short while, but not too long: Yoshi lets out an ice breath

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
My favorite characters in the series are Astaroth and Zass, so know it's hard for me to put them so low. Astaroth has better chances then you might think though, as he cameod in several other Namco games. He showed up in ridge racer as the mascot of a tire company. More importantly, Astaroth was a playable character in Pac-Man party while no other Soul Calibur character was, having been selected to represnt the Soul Calibur series. It's clear he's a favorite of the developers, and he's got long time veterancy, being vastly more popular then the character he was based off of, Rock, who was absent in Soul Calibur 2. Astaroth's turned into one of the more iconic characters of the series, but he's just not as popular as some of the other choices.
Don't forget that Mitsurugi and Taki
and Charade
both appeared in the crossover game Namco vs. Capcom as representatives of the Soul series. Mitsurugi and Taki have also been in the series since the very beginning. (IMO, Astaroth is just a generic large guy with a generic large guy weapon)
(And Talim is Top Tier for being Filipina)
/bias

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@ Illusive: I really like the idea of making Samus so versatile, but if they did all that (essentially making a separate character for the Morph Ball), then Samus would have three forms...

Also the only thing I want to change on Kirby is...nothing. His hammer's aerial is great as it is, since you can use it right out of Stone. It's ridiculously cool like that, even if it isn't so true-to game.

Zasalamel has never been on a Nintendo system, so he has no chance at all.

EDIT - Unless he snuck into Legends.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

SKARMORY

*** BACKGROUND ***

Skarmory is the only one of Steven’s Pokemon not from the 3rd generation of Pokemon, as well as the Hoenn Elite Four as a whole. Skarmory debuted in the 2nd generation as an exclusive Pokemon to the Silver version, players having to choose between it and Gligar when selecting the Silver and Gold versions.

Skarmory has never been all that notable in the mainstream eye of Pokemon, but Skarmory is about as close as one can get to the embodiment of competetive Pokemon. Skarmory is THE best physical wall in the game. Blissey is considered the best special wall, and when you bring them both together many consider the combination to be quite broken, “Skarmbliss”.

Skarmory revolves around taking hits and setting up traps for its opponent in the competitive environment. A Skarmory is far from capable of taking out six Pokemon on its own, requiring a good team to back it up. That said, Skarmory provides excellent support by setting up it’s many entry hazards, then by forcing the enemy to switch into them with Whirlwind/Roar. Skarmory plays much like it does in the competitive Pokemon enviornment in Smash Bros, having little power to KO foes, but extremely durable and great at setting up traps.

*** STATS ***

Size: 7/10
Skarmory stands around as tall as Bowser, but is only around as wide as Ganondorf. He’s big, but not huge.

Weight: 9/10
Skarmory’s always been a b*tch to take down since second gen, and it shows no signs of changing any time soon.

Walking Speed: 5/10
Nothing special.

Dashing Speed: 6.5/10
Decent, but not spectacular. Around the level of Charizard’s run in both stats and appearance.

Traction: 5/10
Skarmory is more graceful in his gliding around the ground then Charizard, but he’s far from amazing.

Power: 3/10
Skarmory is far from a heavy hitter, being one of Steven’s damage rackers. He only has one truly viable KO option.

Attack Speed: 5/10
Despite being rather weak, Skarmory isn’t all that fast either. He’s by no means slow, but his attack speed isn’t what makes him such an amazing damage racker, unlike most who specialize in the field.

Range: 7/10
While not a lot of Skarmory’s attacks have range above average, he has amazing stage control with his whirlwinds.

Priority: 5/10
Skarmory’s melee attacks aren’t all that impressive, but you’ll rarely actually be trying to hit the foes with those anyway. You’ll be relying on his disjointed hitboxes to get the job done, which means while Skarmory’s overall priority isn’t all that great, you’ll rarely have to worry about clashing with enemy attacks or being out prioritized.

First Jump: 3.5/10
Skarmory’s main jump isn’t anything notable at all, him struggling to use his short legs to boost up his heavy body.

Extra Jumps: 9/10
However; Skarmory has four extra jumps by flapping his wings on the level of Meta Knight’s.

Fall Speed: 7/10
Sadly, what could’ve been an absolutely killer aerial game is hurt by Skarmory’s heavyweight status which makes him fall faster then one would want.

Gliding: 7/10
Skarmory’s glide is a really mixed bag. On the plus side, it’s twice as long as Meta Knight’s and much easier to control. If you handle Skarmory well enough during the glide you could potentially even turn him around. On the downside, Skarmory moves very slowly during the glide and has a horrible glide attack, meaning he begs to be gimped.

Recovery: 8/10
Skarmory can always get back to the stage with his glide if he so chooses, and if he’s not knocked out particularly far he can use a less gimpable recovery with his up special. When all’s said and done, when combined with Skarmory’s massive weight, Skarmory simply refuses to die, surving to absolutely ridiculous percentages while racking up his enemy’s percentage along with him.

Crouch: 3/10
While this cuts Skarmory’s height in half, considering his already large height this won’t help him dodge much.

Crawl: None
Hover: None
Wall jump: None
Wall cling: None

*** ANIMATIONS***

Standard Pose
Skarmory stands tall with his wings up against his sides.

Idle Pose
Skarmory extends out his wings and strikes the pose you see on the headers.

Walking
Skarmory slowly puts one foot in front of the other, looking cautiously from side to side.

Running
Skarmory unfurls his wings and gets them out as he goes faster, getting ready for the next step up in the chain.

Dashing
Skarmory extends out his wings and glides along the ground like the dashes of Meta Knight and Charizard.

Crouching
Skarmoy sits on his legs and furls up his wings into his sides, looking like a bird sitting in a nest. Try using this on the tree in Onett or similar situations for nice screenshots.

First Jump
Skarmory gathers all the strength he can in his tiny legs as he jumps up.

Extra Jumps
Skarmory simply flaps his wings as he goes upwards, just like the extra jumps of Meta Knight, Pit, Charizard, etc.

Shield
Skarmory blocks his face with his wings as a bubble shield forms over himself.

Spot Dodge
Skarmory turns to face the camera and does his shield pose, but no bubble shield forms.

Roll
Skarmory either flaps in front of or behind himself to propel himself in the desired direction. This is somewhat laggy for a roll, but it goes as far as Mewtwo’s.

Air Dodge
Skarmory leans into the background, flapping frantically.

Asleep
Skarmory goes into his crouch pose, but closes his eyes and gets a typical anime snot bubble.

Dizzy
Skarmory flails about, flapping frantically.

*** MOVESET ***

*** SPECIALS ***

Down Special – Spikes
Skarmory looks to the ground as he stands on his legs, then suddenly lets out a cry as he rapidly flaps forwards a couple times, letting out one spike onto the ground with each flap of his wings. This has an above average duration, though the actual starting and ending lag are low. The spikes come out right in front of Skarmory, not even a stage builder block away. Each Spike only deals 1% and tiny hitstun with horrible disjointed priority as you shoot it out. . .This is an absolutely horrendous move.

However; whether or not the spikes hit anyone, they’ll fall onto the ground in front of Skarmory as he shoots them out. When foes walk over the spikes, they’ll take 3% damage with set small knockback away from the spikes. While you can only have one set of spikes out at a time, you can lay more spikes in the same area by using the move right at the same spot up to two more times to make the spike trap deal 9% damage when foes walk over it.

Neutral Special - Toxic
Skarmory looks upward as he opens his mouth wide and extends out his wings for average starting lag, then hurls out some toxic acid in an animation like when he uses this move in the Stadium games. The acid has infinite disjointed priority and goes up a battlefield platform, then, comes back down, dropping barely just in front of Skarmory at the same range as where spikes come out when Skarmory lays them. Skarmory cannot move until the acid hits the ground, though the acid goes through it’s arc quite quickly, thankfully, and the move has very little end lag.

If the acid hits anyone, they’ll take some brief hitstun and become poisoned, taking 1% per second for 10 seconds. Considering the lag of the move and the small horizontal range, this isn’t particularly good payoff, wouldn’t you agree? This isn’t the move’s primary function, though. Notice how the move has the same horizontal range as Spikes? If you use Toxic onto any spikes you’ve laid out, they’ll turn into toxic spikes. In addition to dealing the regular damage they would of before, the spikes will now poison the foe like the move does normally. You can stregnthen the poison on the spikes by using toxic on them by up to two more times, each use increasing the damage per second of the poison by 1%, meaning the spikes can potentially do up to a total of 39%, assuming you give the poison the time it needs to work.

Side Special - Whirlwind
Skarmory starts making a gust of wind, slowing flapping his wings behind himself then in front of himself, then picking up the pace as a whirlwind forms in front of him. This move is chargeable by holding B as Skarmory forms the whirlwind, but the charge can’t be saved. The longer the charge, the bigger the whirlwind. At minimum charge (.25 seconds), the whirlwind is only Mario’s size, but at max charge (1.5 seconds) the whirlwind is 1.5X Ganondorf’s height and Bowser’s width.

The whirlwind travels forward rather quickly at first at the speed of Meta Knight’s dash, but gradually slows down as it moves, losing 16.66% of it’s speed for second, meaning it lasts for 6 seconds. The whirlwind will suck foes within half a Battlefield platform’s distance away from it and carry them along with it, this being rather hard to DI out of. This move on it’s own is best used for gimping.

However; that’s not all this move has the potential to do. If the whirlwind goes over any spikes you’ve laid, it will suck them up and they’ll swirl around in the whirlwind. Anybody who’s trapped in the whirlwind will take half 1/2/3% damage per second depending on the level of the spikes, and they’ll also be poisoned for the full effect of the spikes if they’re toxic.

In addition, this move is quite notable in FFAs in that if you suck up two foes in the whirlwind, they’ll rapidly bump into each other, damaging each other. Bigger/heavier characters take less damage from this and deal more damage into those they bump into. Two Marios trapped in a whirlwind would deal 8% to each other per second. If Bowser and Jigglypuff were in the whirlwind together, though, Jigglypuff would be taking a massive 16% per second while Bowser would be taking a mere 4% per second.

If any non energy based projectiles are thrown into the tornado such as Dedede’s Waddle Dees or throwing items, they’ll start spinning around in the whirlwind, dealing the damage/knockback they normally would to anybody who gets caught in it. The projectile won’t vanish until the whirlwind does, meaning you can potentially prevent Dedede from using his side special due to having two Waddle Dees out that he can’t get rid of.

Up Special – Brave Bird
Skarmory lets out a screech and flies up double Ganondorf’s height, then starts going downwards at a 45 degree angle until he hits the ground, going at the speed of his run. Skarmory has super armor during this recovery and any foes hit by his beak take 10% and average knockback, though 3% is dealt to Skarmory in recoil damage.

This recovery isn’t controllable at all and doesn’t go nearly as far as Skarmory’s glide, but he’s completely immune to being gimped, though that doesn’t mean he can’t take some damage from a skilled foe as he comes to the stage. The move has above average start up lag but no end lag.

*** STANDARDS ***

Standard Attack – Drill Peck
Skarmory pecks into the ground upon the first press of A, doing 7% and below average knockback and priority with below average range in front of himself. Pressing A again will cause Skarmory to start drilling his beak about as it’s into the ground, his beak doing 5 hits of 1% and flinching per second, you having to mash/hold A to keep up the drilling. In addition to Skarmory’s drilling beak, small particles will fly about randomly the size of a Franklin Badge. Two particles come out per second and do 3% and flinching, one always coming out behind Skarm and the other in front of him, going out a max distance of a Battlefield platform.

This move has a more notable use, though. If you peck down onto a buried trap, on the second press of A Skarmory will dig into the ground and pick up the trap in his mouth, then throw it away. This has average lag. This can only dispose of traps literally within the ground, like Snake’s mines.

Dashing Attack – Living Storm
Skarmory continues dashing forwards, slightly increasing his speed by one level or so. This has below average lag to come in or out of and you can hold A for as long as you want. This has no hitbox whatsoever, but it helps Skarmory’s movement speed. If Skarmory moves into any whirlwinds along the way, the whirlwind will start swirling around him as he dashes forwards, covering him like a shield. Once Skarmory comes out of this attack, though, any whirlwinds swirling around him will instantly disperse, so use with care.

*** TILTS ***

Forward Tilt – Steel Wing
Skarmory swoops his wings forward for average starting and ending lag as he lets out a cry. Average priority and range, 7% and below average knockback. Too laggy and weak to be all that notable.

This is usually a quite generic and useless attack, but this has an extremely important use and is vital to using Skarmory. If you use this within half a Battlefield platform of a whirlwind, you’ll increase it’s speed back up to it’s max, which also in turn renews its 6 second duration. This only works if you use the move behind the whirlwind, as otherwise you’ll be blowing currents against it, slowing it down. If the whirlwind is on it’s last two seconds of life, though, you’ll renew it as starts going back in the other direction, the whirlwind too slow to put up much of a fight against you as you kick up currents.

Using this move allows you to have multiple whirlwinds up at once due to being able to renew them. If you can manage to get multiple whirlwinds set up and then use Steel Wing to gust them into each other, the whirlwinds will fuse together, merging their sizes though unable to go beyond the max size of a single whirlwind. The main motive in doing this is that the max speed of the combined whirlwind will increase by 1.5X, also increasing the duration of the whirlwind when left alone to 9 seconds.

Up Tilt – Headbutt
Skarmory headbutts upwards for low lag on either end, but below average range and priority. This does 6% and weak upward knockback, making this a rather generic and useless move. If you hit with it, the horn coming out of Skarmory’s head will glisten briefly, indicating it’s getting harder. This will occur if you ram your head into something other then a player such as a platform (Drop through platforms work too), although the ending lag will be increased to above average due to Skarmory’s head getting stuck in the object, him taking some time to take it out.

Down Tilt – Egg Bomb
Skarmory sits in its crouched position like a bird in its nest. . .What’s he doing? Nothing seems to really happen when you press A besides give you some average lag. . .Once you come up from your crouching position, though, you’ll find that you’ve laid an egg! Maybe he isn’t a he after all. . .? You can pick it up from your current position quite quickly and then throw it forward. It has a 50/50 chance of being either explosive or containing an item like Chansey’s eggs, though won’t contain items if items are turned off. Explosive eggs deal 12% with average knockback. Egg bombs will automatically explode after sticking around as long as Link’s bombs and you can only have one out at a time.

*** SMASHES ***

Forward Smash – Sand Attack
Skarmory kicks up sand from the ground up into his enemy’s face. The cloud of sandy particles stretches out about Bowser’s size in front of Skarmory with mass decent priority disjointed flinching hits. This move has average starting lag though little end lag. Foes take 15-22 hits of 1% from this attack based on the charge.

If you kick up some sand as a whirlwind is coming into you, the sand will be added to the whirlwind’s mix as it flies around, adding an extra 3% damage per second that foes will take upon entering the whirlwind. This on it’s own isn’t all that spectacular and is harder to add to the mix then some of the other ingredients, but it’s use lies elsewhere. . .

Up Smash - Sandstorm
Skarmory turns to face the camera as he fully extends out his wings and lets out a massive roar. This has no starting lag, though a long duration, as long as Wario’s dsmash. By default, this move does nothing but push foes within three Bowsers in any direction away from Skarmory at the level of FLUDD’s pushing power, making this an excellent GTFO move, but it deals no damage or hitstun at all, making it useful for little else.

If Skarmory has any whirlwinds up, they’ll instantly change the direction they’re going to fly directly towards Skarmory, though unable to go through obstacles. Foes can still be hit by the whirlwinds as normal while you do this, so this can be a great way to directly control the whirlwinds, though you’ll be sacrificing them to perform this move. Once the whirlwinds get to Skarmory, they swirl around him briefly, then fly up off the top of the screen.

If there was only one whirlwind or if none of the whirlwinds had sand particles flying around inside them from Sand Attack, the attack ends right there. However, if the criteria is met, then a sandstorm brews. The sandstorm lasts for the duration of Steven’s remaining stock, though it’s far from easy to set up. The sandstorm covers the entire screen, obscuring vision exceptionally. Foes will take 3% per second for the duration of the sandstorm and will be constantly pushed very slightly in the way the sandstorm is going, the way Skarmory was facing when he activated this attack. Any spikes you had going around in the sandstorms will come flying across the screen, one per second, an infinite amount of them coming for as long as the sandstorm lasts. While a sandstorm is up, Skarmory cannot brew any more whirlwinds due to the sandstorm being far stronger then any whirlwinds he can make. Once you have a sandstorm up, you have little reason to keep Skarmory out and should switch to another of Steven’s Pokemon, preferably Aggron or Metagross for the KO.

When Skarmory goes to activate this move, foes will want to punish him ASAP. If he’s interrupted during the move, any whirlwinds instantly vanish as well as all of their contents, undoing all of Skarmory’s hard work. The best way to actually get this move off is to make it so two whirlwinds are going to go into each other (One with sand particles inside it), then leap in the middle and use your usmash. This will leave you with minimal vulnerable time, as once the whirlwinds go to go off the top of the screen the move can no longer be interrupted. This still requires a lot of setting up, but you can hide behind your whirlwinds while doing so and not make yourself vulnerable, making it a far better option.

Down Smash – Stealth Rock
Skarmory goes through an animation identical to spikes, but only takes out a single large rock with average starting lag and below average end lag. The rock buries itself into the ground afterwards. Whenever somebody goes over the spot the stealth rock is buried, it will pop out and trip the foe before going back into the ground. If the rock is hit during this time, it’ll be destroyed. Skarmory can only have one stealth rock up at a time, and this is very easily negated by using a dashing attack when going over the spot the rock resides to destroy it as you pass by, the stealth rock having bad priority.

If a whirlwind goes by the rock, the rock won’t be added to the mass of junk flying around in the whirlwind, but it will be lifted up out of the ground and go flying triple Ganondorf’s height upwards before falling back down into the ground. While it’s going up it’s a extremely high priority hitbox that deals 20-30% with high-very high vertical knockback based on the charge. The stealth rock will hit any foes in the whirlwind, shooting up through it. This is Skarmory’s ONLY KO option, and it’s very hard to pull off due to how easy it is to destroy the stealth rock.

*** AERIALS ***

Neutral Aerial – Welcoming with Open Arms
Skarmory turns to face the camera and extends out his wings, holding them open for as long as you hold A, around one Skarmory distance on either side. Upon releasing A, Skarmory clamps his wings together, catching anything inbetween them during that time. Both opening out Skarmory’s wings and closing them has below average lag, so the whole move has average lag if you simply press A. This move has grab priority. Upon grabbing someone, Skarmory will throw them upwards for 10% and average knockback. While this prevents the move from being used for gimping of any sort, this means the move can be used to help allies recover.

That’s not the main purpose of the move though. You can grab throwing items as they’re thrown at you/non energy based projectiles, such as Waddle Dees, then throw them back at your enemy. This makes Skarmory all the more defensive, even against camping against certain characters. In addition to these sorts of items, Skarmory can grab whirlwinds and throw them triple Ganondorf’s height upwards, giving you all the more control over your spinning traps of doom.

Forward Aerial – Steel Wing
This is identical to the ftilt, allowing Skarmory to fan the whirlwind while in the air to help with gimping. There’s slightly less lag on the aerial version, but the move will be interrupted if you land on the ground with bad landing lag, so this is generally strictly only used for it’s intended purpose: gimping. Still, if the whirlwind goes a bit farther then you intended and goes off stage, you’ll need to chase after it and use your fair on it to get it back onto the stage.

Back Aerial - Screech
Skarmory turns his head around in mid-air, then lets out a loud screech with the classic Red/Blue sound effect for the move. The screech is an invisible projectile that can go up to a battlefield platform away at an average speed, and the move has below average start lag with no end lag. Being hit by the projectile infinite priority hitbox will cause the foe to hold their ears in pain for a brief stun around half that of ZSS’ dsmash, but the stun time increases as their percentage goes up.

This is Skarmory’s only stunner, but the stun time is too small to follow the move up for a combo until getting to very high percentages. This also can’t be used for gimping due to foes gaining their jumps/up special back after being hit by it. The practical use of this move is to stun foes so they’ll be sucked into a passing whirlwind.

Up Aerial – Double Edge
Skarmory headbutts upwards just like his utilt, going through an identical animation. This has the same bad range as the utilt, but the starting lag is increased to average, the ending lag still being brief. Unlike the utilt, this move has good priority with super armor frames. If Skarmory hits a foe with this move, he’ll deal an impressive 15% with above average vertical knockback to the foe for a potential KO at high percents, but he’ll also take 15% and be spiked downwards with above average knockback. This makes the move deadly to use when not over solid ground.

This is where the utilt begins to serve an actual purpose. If you cause the horn on Skarmory’s head to sharpen 5 times from hitting either foes or other various objects with it, Skarmory’s head will harden from having been forced around so much and he’ll gain the rock head ability. Rock Head prevents Skarmory from taking recoil damage which eliminates the downside of this move. This makes the uair a viable KO option on a stage like Battlefield where you can ram your utilt into the drop through platforms, but very awkward on Final Destination where Skarmory will have to land the utilt on a foe 5 times with all of it’s horrible range and priority. Skarmory loses Rock Head every time Steven loses a stock.

Down Aerial - Roost
Skarmory extends out its wings and legs fully, falling very quickly downwards. This won’t end until you touch the ground. However; this isn’t a stall then fall attack, as this attack has no hitbox whatsoever. This has no start-up lag, but average ending lag when Skarm slows down as he reaches the ground then goes into his crouching position and falls asleep.

While you’re asleep on the ground, you’ll heal 1% per second. From here you have three button inputs. Pressing shield or moving the control stick causes you to wake up with average lag. Pressing A causes Skarmory to snore, emitting a small high priority hitbox for 5% and weak knockback in front of it. Far from a good option to defend Skarm while he’s snoozing.

Pressing B will cause Skarmory to perform his dtilt, Egg Bomb. If you’re asleep when the bomb goes off, Skarmory will be shocked awake for 5% damage, going into his regular crouching pose, but this also causes an explosion the size of Bowser around Skarmory that does 15% with above average knockback. This is a great way to punish foes attempting to disturb Skarmory’s rest, but if foes predict it you’ll just negate any healing you managed to get.

*** THROWS ***

Grab – Iron Grasp
Skarmory reaches out with his wings like in his ftilt/fair. This is one of the faster grabs but doesn’t reach out nearly as far as one would like.

Pummel – Rapid Spin
This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Pokemon move of the same name, as Skarmory rapidly spins the foe around rather then spinning around himself. Skarmory releases the grip with one of his wings on the foe, then whacks the foe to cause them to start spinning around rapidly, taking 2% per second. This lasts until the foe escapes the grab, or until you input the pummel input again which has Skarmory catch the foe with both his wings again. If the foe is facing the opposite way they originally were, Skarmory will quickly move around to get on the other side of the foe.

It’s very hard to get down a consistent timing for changing which way you’re facing, but it can help considerably if you grab a foe right next to a stealth rock you want to push them into with your fthrow but are behind it.

Forward Throw – Eye of the Storm
Skarmory starts kicking up a whirlwind like in his side special, letting go of the foe but them getting trapped in the whirlwind. Foes can escape by button mashing like a regular grab before Skarm releases the whirlwind, so don’t get too greedy with making the whirlwind big before letting it go with your foe swirling inside it. This is a particularly good way to force foes into your Stealth Rock.

Back Throw – Gone with the Wind
Skarmory holds his foe out behind him, the throw lasting forever until the foe escapes, being as hard to escape as a regular grab. This does no damage to the foe. The most obvious use of this move is using your foe as a meat shield from enemy attacks, as Skarmory holds them a good way behind himself. Use them as a shield from foes, stage hazards, whatever floats your boat.

What makes this less situational is that if a whirlwind is passing by Skarmory while he’s holding a foe out, the whirlwind will sweep the foe he’s holding into itself as it passes by. In addition, if there was a foe already in the tornado, the foe coming into the tornado will bump the one that was originally in the tornado out of it for 8% damage right into Skarmory, who will automatically grab them. In team battles with two Skarmories, this can potentially lead to an infinite (There are a lot of infinites in team battles, particularly double Dededes, but you don’t see that dominating the metagame), if the other uses ftilt/fair to keep fanning the whirlwind back into the Skarmory doing the grabbing and bthrowing.

Up Throw – Air Bombing
Skarmory flies up double Ganondorf’s height off the ground, holding the foe against himself as he flies. From here you can fly left and right at the speed of Ganon’s walk (He’s being weighed down a lot) and foes can still escape out of the grab. Once you release A, Skarm will drop the foe, them being in a footstooled state for the distance Skarm is off the ground then regaining their jumps. This is mainly used for dropping foes into whirlwinds or spikes, though can also be used to gimp characters with horrendous vertical recoveries for an early kill. This throw happens quite quickly (Aside from Skarm’s flight speed) and any foes Skarmory throws down will deal 10% and average knockback to other foes, making this throw exceptional for FFAs.

Down Throw - Dig
Skarmory digs a whole in by drilling into the ground with his beak, throws the foe into the hole, then buries them within it, kicking the dirt back over them. Foes take 5% damage per second while underground until they button mash their way out, it being as hard to escape as any other grab.

If a whirlwind goes past the foe buried underground, they’ll be brought up out of ground and sucked into it. In addition, if Skarmory uses this move over a trap buried underground such as Snake’s mines, then the victim will suffer the effects of the trap when they get thrown underground. Why disable Snake’s mines when you can use them against him?

*** FINAL SMASH – AIR LOCK***
Skarmory’s got the smash ball! About time. Skarmory lets out a cry ripped straight from the Gameboy games as the screen zooms in on him. When the screen zooms out, he’ll have a sandstorm set up. The sandstorm will be treated as if it had maxxed out toxic spikes. Skarmory’s done his job. Time to switch out to somebody who can actually do something worth a d*mn in the sandstorm, seeing Skarmory can’t make whirlwinds when a sandstorm’s up. The sandstorm still lasts until Steven loses a stock, as always.

If the final smash is used when Skarmory already has a sandstorm up, though, the sandstorm will die down just enough so that Skarmory can still make whirlwinds, enabling him to actually continue playing in it. When able to make whirlwinds in a sandstorm, Skarmory functions exceptionally well due to the sandstorm helping him gimp foes, assuming he knocks them off the platform in the right direction, enabling him to get lots of early KOs. He also doesn’t have to worry about setting up more spikes to damage, as the sandstorm’s already taking care of all the damage racking. All Skarmory needs to focus on is gimping the foe to all hell and the occasional stealth rock.

*** SITUATIONALS ***

Ledge Attack - Rush Saw
Skarmory lets go of the ledge and flies from the edge, off the screen...Suddenly, *****, Skarmory comes back onto the screen from the same side he left, charging fowards at a high speed at a height that would place him just above the ground of the platform he left. He charges fowards until he reaches the platform and then he neatly lands on the ground. During the charge, Skarmory is a high-priority hitbox that deals 14% with above average knockback to anyone in his way. If there are any obstacles in his path during the move, or he is hit, the move will be instantly canceled.

Ledge Attack Over 100% - Mocking Bomb
Skarmory slowly climbs back onto the platform. As it does so, a farting noise is heard as a little white glop falls from his butt. EWWWWW! So, Skarmory's -ahem- dropping has no priority, and falls at quick speed. If it hits someone, they will enter freefall instantly from the foul smell. Since this is done over a pit where characters will be recovering, this can be a nasty edgeguarding move.

Rising Attack (On Stomach) - Buzz Dash
Skarmory starts to quicky beat its wings, slowly lifting itself off the ground as it remains in a flying postion. As it beats it wings, they are average priority hitboxes that deal 2% per hit, for a maximum of 6 hits. After it is off the ground, it will then dash fowards through the air as far as Luigi's dash attack at a similar speed. This part has below average piority and deals 7% with average knockback. Skarmory then neatly lands on its feet for low end lag, but it is able to dash off the edge of platforms.

Rising Attack (On Back) - Slight Readjustment
Skarmory will quickly flap its wings upwads once and then get back up to is feet. The wing flapping creates a very small gust of wind that pushed enemies away as far as Bowser is tall, and it can also slightly move any whirlwinds Skarmory has active. A simple move but it has its uses.

Tripped Attack - Fake Egg
Skarmory chirps for a moment, which is the only indication that it has done this move. After Skarmory moves away from the spot it tripped, you can see a little egg that Skarmory supposedly laid. Any character, including Skarmory itself, can pick up the egg and throw it at enemies for 6% and average knockback. Only one "egg" can be laid at a time, and yes, it is entirley possible for Skarm to simply stand up on the spot and immediatley pick up the false egg, but that would be very predicatble, wouldn't it?

*** OVERALL PLAYSTYLE – THE WIND WAKER***
Early on in a match, Skarmory will want to be setting up his toxic spikes while playing as defensively as he can. Skarmory is nothing if you don’t take your time to set up. While Skarmory is plenty good on defense, he’s more then likely to get behind in damage count at this point. After setting up the spikes, it’s finally time to start building up a whirlwind. Your foe probably won’t give you much time to make it too big, but don’t worry. So long as you have one up at all, setting up additional whirlwinds is much, much easier.

Once you have a whirlwind up, you’ll constantly want to be hiding behind it and fanning it, building it up by pushing additional whirlwinds into it until you max out it’s size and speed. Always keep the whirlwind between you and your foe so they have a bunch of swirling traps to go through to get to you. While you let your strong toxic spikes rack up damage on your foe, you can choose to either set up a stealth rock, or if you’re daring make another whirlwind with some sand in it and try for a sandstorm. It can be quite difficult to keep two whirlwinds going at once, so your best bet is to try to make the second one close to the first and use usmash in the middle of them ASAP so your foe has less time to interrupt you.

If you do get a sandstorm up, you’ll sacrifice your whirlwinds and thus lose your main way of KOing (Stealth Rock), but your foes will start racking up to insane damage percentages. Your best to KO from here would be uair, but why force poor Skarmory to KO someone when one of his good buddies like Aggron or Metagross could do it for him? The heavy hitters will love having a sandstorm set up for them, as all they have to do is sit and wait for the foe’s damage percentage to rack up before easily slaughtering them with their beastly KO moves. If you insist on using Skarmory for the KO, you could work on making your uair usable by spamming utilt, although this will only work all that well if there are platforms for you to use it on.

If you don’t go for a sandstorm, then Skarmory can far more easily KO the foe himself by setting up stealth rocks in the path of the whirlwinds. Still, stealth rocks can easily be destroyed by the foe, so the best time to set them up is in front of a whirlwind with your enemy trapped inside, so they’ll have no chance to disarm your trap. Using your fthrow to force foes into a stealth rock is also an excellent option.

Once the foe goes flying, Skarmory is an excellent gimper, assuming he has a whirlwind by his side. You can manipulate the whirlwind to your heart’s content with your nair and fair as you use it to push foes to prevent them from getting back to the stage. You may actually NOT want anything in your whirlwind when you use it for gimping purposes, as if they’re hit they’ll regain all their jumps, so making a new whirlwind when they first get knocked away is a good option. Don’t worry about Skarmory’s lack of a way to make the whirlwind to go downwards, as it slowly descends on it’s own.

Skarmory is rather complicated and will generally scare off newer players due to his heavy reliance on his whirlwinds and actually using his moves in unison, but those who have the patience to figure out how the steel bird works will find an excellent team player, just like in the Pokemon games. While Skarmory can be played alone, he works considerably better as a damage racking machine for the rest of Steven’s team.

***​

*** EXTRAS ***​

*** Extra Animations ***​

Up Taunt - Reflection
Skarmory suddenly starts reflecting light off his well polished steel, becoming very bright briefly and lets out a magestic cry.

Side Taunt - Quick Adjustment
Skarmory brushes the spike on the top of his head with his wings as if he were combing his hair, the spike shining briefly as he does so. Seems he's a bit too concerned with his looks.

Down Taunt - Itching for Battle
Steven extends out his hand with Skarmory's pokeball in it and a red beam shoots out from it to try to recall Skarmory, but Skarmory dodges it, squawking in annoyance, turning to glare at Steven as he furls up his wings and puts them on his hips. He clearly still has more fight left in him.

Win Pose 1 - Spotlight
Steven pumps his fist and lets out a satisfied grunt, smirking, but then Skarmory comes out in front of him and spreads out his wings and lets out a cry in the middle of it, letting out a cry.

Win Pose 2 - Hatchlings
Steven is nowhere to be seen as Skarmory is in his crouching pose, asleep. The sounds of eggs cracking open is suddenly heard underneath him, which causes Skarmory to stand up and back away to look at what was under him to reveal there baby Skarmories hatching from three eggs, letting out cries. Guess he's a she. . .

Win Pose 3 - Wrong Pokemon
Steven strikes the same pose as the first win pose, but instead sends out Aggron, who lets out a mighty roar. Suddenly, a whirlwind comes by and blows Aggron away, and Skarmory comes from the side of the screen, his wings furled up and put on his hips as he glares at Steven, who just shrugs.

Loss Pose - Steel Clap
Skarmory claps his wings alongside Steven, who also claps. Skarmory occassionally increases his clapping speed and starts making a whirlwind, but Steven glares at Skarmory, him hanging his head in shame and stopping.

*** Kirby Hat – Spiked Puffball***​
Unlike most other Pokemon kirby hats, Kirby simply gets Skarmory’s spike coming up out of his head. Kirby gains the ability to use spikes as his neutral special, spitting out the spikes, though he also gains Skarmory’s neutral A, drill peck. Instead of using a beak, Kirby uses the horn on the top of his head to do the drilling. Swallowing Skarmory (Or any of Steven’s Pokemon for that matter) also makes Kirby immune to the automatic 3% per second of sandstorm due to turning him into a steel type, making sandstorms less potent against the pink star warrior.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
In any case, if you're going to be illogical about what Soul Calibur characters are likely and not just assume it's going to be Nightmare, then you can break Sakurai's rules. I'm doing this just for the heck of it.
Screw the rules, I have money

Me...too?

They're more like guidelines, anyway

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Blech. Ugh. Arghlflarble.

Conker's a bad character. His games (at least the ones I've played) are decent, but he was never really a "mascot", he's owned by Rare, and he is so lacking in unique traits that his very creators had to make a "NSFW" spoof just to keep him afloat.

= Bad Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom