• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
We stopped spamming a few days before it was closed because of SP. I'll ask another mod if I can remake it so it wont be closed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The Steak Break Room isn't as much fun as the ol' chat room. Not enough people in it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, true dat.

Is it an "offense" if I change the Steak Break Room name to "The Official SBR: Steak Break Room"?

or just "The SBR: Steak Break Room"

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I asked Xsyven if we could have an official spam topic, he said to go to the pool room. :( WHY? T_T, I LURV DA SONIC BOARDS. :(

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to interrupt this or w/e =p But I had a question...

Does anyone know of any reliable ways to set up jab locks? ...Or of any other ways? Uthrow at low percents could work, but it really shouldn't...Dthrow could be hard to use for this purpose...

Ideas, anyone?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Only really reliable way is footstool+spring. Like, SDJ(spin dash jump) to footstool then spring or ASC then footstool or spring, or anything to footstool and spring, then dair after the spring and jablock.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think any jab-lock setup can be teched... like they have to miss the tech when they hit the ground. Possible exception is footstool, I think that's untechable or smthg?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
You can literally set up a jab lock from a dair if the opponent is noob enough not to tech, so yeah.

Best jab-lock set ups are the ones mentioned, because they're fast enough where maybe the opponent won't tech.

Wii broke at a party, so usually, these li'l queries like the footstool being untechable I could answer... but I think out of hundreds of footstools, I've seen one teched, and maybe it wasn't even a tech.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the main problem with setups is teching...that's why I was looking for anything else. I'll have to give those footstool options a try, though :)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Does anyone think Sonic's meta-game has reach it's peak? Personally I see a lot of potential still left in our little blue hedgehog. He's quite adaptable around the player and has the largest learning curve, so we have yet to see what he can really do.

Discuss//

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Like I dunno if you guys remember, but back in the day before Sonic was in (a good few months b4) I made a kick @$$ move list for him. Sprites and everything. Made a few Level ideas our of ols Sonic game Sprites.
None f which game true in Brawl, but maybe one. But I had the loop as part of the level, not just the background. XD
I remember those, they were pretty good.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Does anyone think Sonic's meta-game has reach it's peak? Personally I see a lot of potential still left in our little blue hedgehog. He's quite adaptable around the player and has the largest learning curve, so we have yet to see what he can really do.

Discuss//
I think we may have found all, or nearly all the building blocks for the metagame.

There's still alot of things that either need to see the light of development/application. And on top of that, alot of people are far from 'perfect play', whereas some characters have the benefit of having players who are near that level

LuCKy

Smash Master
that sonic rpg game is pretty ****. . some brotherhood **** lol

brawl is cool <----- stayig on topic

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Unleashed is great. Best Sonic I've played since Sonic Adventure 2 (though there hasn't been much in the way of competition).

Well, the Xbox version anyway. I heard the Wii version was different, in bad ways.

Anyway, as for the metagame thing, probably. I don't think anything significant will be found to change gameplay now, and I doubt there's much more depth to Sonic. He's one of the more intricate characters in the game as it is.

There's got to be something about Homing Attack, a way of making it at least bearable. I've been testing random things recently but found nothing D;

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Well I heard that many levels are changed also that the way you play unleased in wii version makes up for it but just a question can you use Super Sonic in the game?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Send me public messages if you want more info on it (my private mess. inbox is almost full) so this doesn't get closed. :l

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=6847

Wii Unleashed --> Sonic Rush/advance + Zelda (lol temple puzzles and bosses)
360 Unleashed --> Sonic 4 / SA3 + beat em up + leveling system/RPG stuff

That's how the daytime levels compare with each other. The levels in the Wii version are shorter, and are basically 'run to the finish as fast as you can after you find the best shortcut so you can S-rank!' while the 360 version seems to encourage more of the old-school style platforming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdvhhekQokA&fmt=18 <-- 360's first level act 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RzLs_FUwQ&fmt=18 <-- wii's first level act 2 (looking at it, man, he sucks, but he managed to S-rank anyway lol) :<

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
On the Wii version, Sonic does some sort of ecstatic/energetic giggle/exclamation at :40, and it's probably the scariest thing I've ever heard in my life.

The wii version looks baaad D;

I should also say that getting S ranks on the 360 version is 100% impossible. In fact, I'm not even sure if there is an S rank, because I've never got one myself. I've done levels basically perfectly and only gotten A's ;(

It's not all done on time though, it's done on score. So rings/enemy deaths/time etc.

The day levels look better on the 360, I have to say. Though, the Shamar 360 level is so gay, I don't know what it's like on wii though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The Wii version isn't that bad... D:
I do wish to get the 360 version now though.

But as Tenki said, we don't want to get this closed so I won't really rant on about it.
PM Me or him if you want?

Sonic is cool in Brawl.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tenki what's with the sarcasim?
LOL the one time I didn't give you a sarcastic response, you suspect it :laugh:
congrats on level up.

edit:
ohh, i just realized that wasn't really a sig >_>

ROOOOY:
nightvision one more time, I updated it XD

No, there's no Empire City :[

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I want a general public opinion. Which move is worse, Homing Attack or Fthrow? Non-wifi lol.

Have to go with Homing Attack >_>

Tenki :
Eggmanland?! Nooo, spoilers >_<. I'm only on Adabat, collecting those 120 **** sun medals. Yeah, S ranks on the 360 are crazy hard, I'm unleashing full steak and only coming out with A's or B's D;
Is the "Empire City" area in the wii version (which is basically the United Steaks of America)? It's in the same "world map" bit as Shamar. There's no temple there or anything, just basically an extra level which has some relevance to plot. Just wondering, because I know stuff got cut from the wii version.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Fthrow Roy.

Homing attack~ Edge guarding, steals second jumps ASC 1st hit > HA at 100%+ etc

Fthrow~ Er...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah I'd say Homing attack for the same reasons Chis stated.

I only use Fthrow for DI traps. Like continuously use Uthrow, opponent learns to DI, use Fthrow and it essentially becomes a Uthrow. Awesome. (Even though it's been discussed so many times >_>)

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom