• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm... I haven't been to this thread in ages, Why is Xsyven's name on the title lol... :)

oh wait... spammy huh

anyway, Bowser does have somewhat a difficult time against the blue blur, especially considering he's fast and all.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Fair > d-tilt > bair > Spinshot > dair > spinshot >dair

With s-cancel and hitstun codes in effect lol

edit: OmegaKoopa. Yes, Bowser is one of Sonic's easier matchups.

:093:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
fikwefkldwpgf;eiaqsdasdasnpfnd

Whenever I argue a match-up, it always gets refuted, and no one ever agrees with me ;_;

The three match-ups I was most determined on changing popular consensus on was against Pit, Bowser and Ike.
I've already done the Pit one lol.
I will argue to the ends of the earth about Ike and Bowser being in Sonic's favour.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think most people agree that Sonic has an advantage on Bowser, but there's a good handful of people who believe that Ike is neutral.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Tenki doesn't D;

Ehh..Pit's neutral, but their boards had it a advantage Pit before I went to their thread and made them see sense and "lol Sonic has no priority"is not a valid reaon to have an advantage on him.

I've actually seen some of the Ike mains aaages ago claim Ike had a big advantage on Sonic because Sonic is really light and has no priority or range. Not just one scrub. A big pool full of scrubs.

I had to fork my eyes out and cry myself to sleep.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
fikwefkldwpgf;eiaqsdasdasnpfnd

Whenever I argue a match-up, it always gets refuted, and no one ever agrees with me ;_;

The three match-ups I was most determined on changing popular consensus on was against Pit, Bowser and Ike.
I've already done the Pit one lol.
I will argue to the ends of the earth about Ike and Bowser being in Sonic's favour.
You get my endorsement w/ Ike and Bowser. I love pounding on those two. Ike is a pain in the @$$ because 3 hits and you're done. D-U-N, done. But stay alert and you have him.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804

Is all you need.
Screw your weird card games I know nothing of.

So...more about match-ups?
Who does Sonic have the advantage on in your opinion?

DDM

Smash Journeyman

Is all you need.
Screw your weird card games I know nothing of.

So...more about match-ups?
Who does Sonic have the advantage on in your opinion?
I've been checking out all of the other character boards, the Yoshi folks seem to think they're 50-50 with they have it 60:40 on us. It's been eating away at me but I didn't bring it up because we're still on Meta Knight (insert "Well you managed to resurrect the Luigi discussion" comment here). Someone's gotta explain that one to me because I don't know how Yoshi has an advantage over anyone, much less the Blue Blur.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Really? I think that Yoshi has the advantage on us.

Well. I DID now that I've played a few more it's sketchy.

also looking earlier in the topic. My best "combo" is AMAZING

Fsmash, Fsmash, Fsmash, Fsmash, Fsmash, Bair

EXTREMELY degraded against a DDD's new stock. :3

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Yoshi has plenty of good match-ups.

I think Sonic vs Yoshi is in Yoshi's favour actually.

He has like an infinite grab on Wario, Yoshi beats Wario.
And ***** Squirtle, he can grab release to fair spike him at like 10% lmao.

Check out his grab release stuff, it helps him a lot.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Grab: Yoshi sticks his tongue out and eats the opponent, and spits him out in the specified direction. The down-throw is the best for combos, though with the floatiness of brawl the potential isn't very high. The side throws are good for getting opponents off of the stage, to set up for spikes or other aerial edge-guarding. Yoshi is infamous for having a slow, laggy grab. The situation hasn't improved much in brawl. He's got slightly more range, though, and with l-cancelling gone shield grabbing is a bit better option. You still need to be wary about using it, however, as it is punishable when you miss.
6. Chaingrabbing: About time I added a category on this. A chaingrab involves grabbing an opponent repeatedly without him being able to escape. Dedede is already well known for his, as was sheik in melee. Yoshi has one as well, though it works different from most chaingrabs in the way that he doesn't actually throw the opponent, he just chews them up until they escape, then runs and grabs them again. The tricky part is every character escapes differently. Some go almost straight up, and others go flying forward into the air. Some characters regain control over their character before Yoshi can grab them again, meaning they can't be chaingrabbed unless they aren't expecting it.
That chaingrabbing -- Eh, I gotta stop swearing. There are children present.

Oh well. He still has to catch us first.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I honestly think that 60:40 sounds reasonable with the Yoshi v. Sonic matchup. They have more range, an extremely good pivot grab, a projectile, and moderate "combo" abilities.

---

The other day, I jabbed at a recovering Yoshi during his second jump, and he just fell. He didn't realize the jab ate through the jump until it was too late.

Watching Yoshi's egg toss to recover in vain is the second saddest thing to see.
First being watching a Jiggz under the ledge trying to recover using rising pound after losing all of their jumps.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I still don't know how many jumps Jiggly has even though I second him xD
I never bothered to count.
1 Jump, 5 Aerial Jumps.

The loss of directional air dodging and meteor canceling through jump SCREWED her epic recovery.

I remember back in Melee...where I would get spiked three times in a row by godly Ganons...and still recover.

I remember I DI'd into a wall, teched it, and rested him as he continued to fall. Jiggz is so good.

-----

Also, what Tenki said.

Tenki

Smash Hero
1 Jump, 5 Aerial Jumps.

The loss of directional air dodging and meteor canceling through jump SCREWED her epic recovery.

I remember back in Melee...where I would get spiked three times in a row by godly Ganons...and still recover.

I remember I DI'd into a wall, teched it, and rested him as he continued to fall. Jiggz is so good.

-----

Also, what Tenki said.
that reminds me. I was playing vs a Ganon on Smashville on wifi, and I got spiked D:

I DI'd towards the stage and teched the underside of the slanted ledge lol.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, I saw your conversation with him, he's not budging. )=< Maybe I should though... maybe I should...

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've been to the pool room. It's not for the stuff you're thinking of. Also think why can other board keep thread chat room but not ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom