• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Browny

Smash Hater
Because 50 pages of

:roymelee:

i ****, nou, [insert meaningless spam here]

:093:

PILE OF TOTODILE, etc

was beyond ********.

Tenki

Smash Hero
What would you guys do If you HA (for what ever reason) and your opponent shields leaving you with lag and tries to punish you with up smash or up air ?

Which would be more beneficial to sonic; spring up (possibly hitting them with the spring) or air doge or something else?
If your opponent reacts right away, you can't avoid it.

Though, you can probably escape a U-smash with spring or double jump. Or even a double jump (to aim) > D-air (use the 'stall' part to make them miss the U-smash, then nail them on landing)

I've got a question.

Why the f*** did two moderators close a thread okayed by another two moderators?
Because 50 pages of

:roymelee:

i ****, nou, [insert meaningless spam here]

PILE OF TOTODILE, etc

was beyond ********.
yeah >_>

It didn't reduce spam in the boards at all. It looked more like it encouraged it. I stopped reading after all the Sonic Unleashed talk, and only posted once in a while for random stuff that I didn't feel was for posting elsewhere.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What would you guys do If you HA (for what ever reason) and your opponent shields leaving you with lag and tries to punish you with up smash or up air? Which would be more beneficial to sonic; spring up (possibly hitting them with the spring) or air doge or something else?
Depends, I usually out of habit just Spring to safety just because my opponents will be able to retaliate... at the moment.

I wonder if another Sonic main can help you with this answer, though.

Why the f*** did two moderators close a thread okayed by another two moderators?
Global rules... and their closing it was at least somewhat justified.

Basically, they said "get a hobby!" because we spend way too much time here and therefore more social activity leads to spam.

IDC anymore anyway, this forum is boring 99.9% of the time. The only reason I still come here is to collect data to be able to place higher in the tourneys I attend. That, and to get things finished around here.

Edit: I like how two other Sonic mains posted at the same time or close to it... only further clarifies this place is boring, and we have nothing better to do.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Tenki you sound like you too have given up on this place :/ It disheartens me

Is there absolutely nothing you can do about a whiffed Homing Attack's landing lag?

Chis, ALL of the chatrooms have been closed this time, even the Peach Chatroom which has avoided getting closed multiple times
And the stuff posted just before it got closed was pretty out of order spam-wise

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
That's BS.

Then they should go to every other board and do the same. This one wasn't reported, it was approved.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Chis, go look at the other boards, they DID close every other chatroom thread.

MrEh

Smash Hero
IDC anymore anyway, this forum is boring 99.9% of the time. The only reason I still come here is to collect data to be able to place higher in the tourneys I attend. That, and to get things finished around here.
Wrong.

Look at the Bowser boards. We get like 10 posts a day over there. That is boring. XD

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
They went to a couple of boards already. But yea, I know why we just don't want the sBR as chatroom. It requires you to constantly go to the social groups and back to the boards which is too much trouble for the Sonic board princesses.

EDIT: Im gonna help the Bowser boards. Gf2tw to the rescue.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...I rest my case.

...Say, what brings you over to the Sonic boards anyway?

Still, this place isn't good for anybody to be in, nothing but crazy comes out of here.

Get out while you still have some sanity left in you.

MrEh

Smash Hero
...Say, what brings you over to the Sonic boards anyway?

Still, this place isn't good for anybody to be in, nothing but crazy comes out of here.
I'm here for no reason whatsoever.

EDIT: I was actually under the impression that there was steak here.

Get out while you still have some sanity left in you.
Take a good look at my signature. I never had any sanity to begin with.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
At some point where you have no sanity left it starts to turn into negative sanity where Sonic Boards just isn't enough. You need to infect other boards. I reached that point, I'm going to the Bowser boards.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This place is getting disappointing... hence the new avi.

BTW thanks Terios.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you don't mind lag I guess... go ahead to make the room, I'll be in shortly.

Edit: Nvm you're too slow, I have the room up and ready.

Tenki

Smash Hero
you get max distance with a perfect timing, less distance if you release a little later.

You can slow it down if you hold back, and you break the spinshot effect altogether if you attack or airdodge.

As for height, there's nothing you can do about it

Bluehedgehog

Smash Cadet
The 'shortcut' (down b and c stick) of the spin shot seems to be slower to me, some one else needs to confirm this as I am not 100%

Hey I got a question on Homing Attack what is the hitback and lag of the move?
Well I can't explain it too technically but if your opponent blocks/dodges the HA and it hits a wall, shield or floor Sonic is in midair for like 1-2 seconds where he cant do anything...

HA does 8% (i believe) and you can 'gimp' kill people with it ( some high percentages I have managed to SDJ to HA and kill them but this might not work on better players). Thats what I know about homing attack knock back, hope this answers your question...

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
The 'shortcut' (down b and c stick) of the spin shot seems to be slower to me, some one else needs to confirm this as I am not 100%
Down-B is faster by 2 frames.

That's alot. It might not sound like much, but trust me, that's alot.

In another note, is anyone else missing their "quick reply" box?

It's not showing up for me.

D:

Bluehedgehog

Smash Cadet
It is here for me I'm using it lmao

So are you saying the short cut is slower? And I can't seem to do it without the short cut, I think it might because I'm using wavebirds; I have heard there is like .001 sec lag or something...

Tenki

Smash Hero
[down-B] > [C-stick side] can only be used in the air, but cat says it's faster by about 2 frames. I'm not sure if it's really 2 frames, but you can kind of feel like it's faster.

[Side-B] > [jump/attack] can be used anywhere, ground or air

My personal input for it is [Side-B] > [A] (I slide my thumb from B to A). If you jump vertically, you're pressing A too early. If you don't jump very far, or you see a hop then double jump, then you're pressing A too late.

If you're doing the side-B spinshot, input delay doesn't really make a difference in whether or not this works, but the gap of time between releasing B and making Sonic double jump does. Input delay won't change the time between changes in input, so it shouldn't matter.

Bluehedgehog

Smash Cadet
[down-B] > [C-stick side] can only be used in the air,

If you're doing the side-B spinshot, input delay doesn't really make a difference in whether or not this works, but the gap of time between releasing B and making Sonic double jump does. Input delay won't change the time between changes in input, so it shouldn't matter.
Yea I tend to use the ISDJ because it has the hit box and jumps higher and also i guess some times my opposition are unaware if I'm going for a direct dash or jump. When i do side B i jump vertically on my second jump and cant move; like you said Im pressing it too early thanks I always thought it was too late and couldn't get it sooner.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Walljumps have saved me sometimes from deaths. Though probably another Sonic player will have to answer that for you.

As for a SS F-Smash, it's a simple trick used to gain some extra range on Sonic's Forward Smash.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Walljumps have saved me sometimes from deaths. Though probably another Sonic player will have to answer that for you.

As for a SS F-Smash, it's a simple trick used to gain some extra range on Sonic's Forward Smash.
Smash backwards on the control stick then quickly Fsmash on the C stick.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
In what situation should I use Side B or Down + B?

I know the different but currently, all I ever seem to use is Down + B, even for spin shots cause I just quickly jump up and do it with Down + B...the only time I seem to use Side B is to spam shielded versions of it

Top Bottom