• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Play anyone good, or anybody with reflexes, and watch yourself get punished 90% of the time for using it.

Do a write up if you want, I might steal it for the Moveset thread. I'd like to know if it has any uses at all aside from a momentum staller/punishing Falcon Punches.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Play anyone good, or anybody with reflexes, and watch yourself get punished 90% of the time for using it.

Do a write up if you want, I might steal it for the Moveset thread. I'd like to know if it has any uses at all aside from a momentum staller/punishing Falcon Punches.
I'll tell you right quick that it get's you through MK's nado.

Useless? Wait for the full thread.

:093:

Boxob.

Smash Lord
We do not need a whole thread for any move, least of all his worst move that has very little to discuss.
I'm making the thread so you specifically can use it just a little more, it has uses, promise.

U-smash will too. U-smash isn't used enough.
I agree with you on that, Usmash isn't used nearly enough, mainly 'cause of the ending lag, but if you can make it so you don't miss, use it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm actually interested as to what you're going to say about it though, don't let me discourage you or anything.

I just hate the move, not because I can't use it, but because I punish it practically every time it is used, even online, and I suck.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
IDK, we know that homing attack sucks to recover. We only use it against people who have never played Sonic or don't know anything about him, lol. You can even spotdoge while the Homing attack is "locking on" and it totally just messes it up. Homing attack is not a RELIABLE move for anything...

EDIT: lol, I love how many people come in to tear apart homing attack so quickly XD

No here is proof that HA isn't a waste though you are right about using to for recovery it's a very risky move http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pFNJtlAeRQ&feature=releated

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
2:20, you just got lucky xD Especially when you used it the second time, if Kirk was a little bit more on the ball he could've punished the ending lag.

4:12 ?? You just bounced off his shield lol.

And you hit at 4:38 just because for some reason he decided to unshield as soon as you released it lol.

Good match anyway, I usually hate watching Brawl videos lol :)

I actually have a video saved on my wii of me recovering offscreen at the bottom right hand corner on Smashville using just Homing Attack, and making it back to the stage and surviving.

That's...the only time the move has ever been of any use >_>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
2:20 neither of us were expecting that lag, and for me to be that close to the ground, the same thing happened again in that match when i landed a laggy f-air, and it dodged one of his atttacks.
its still a use.

4:12. i avoided getting punished for hitting his shield with SD

4:38 I bank on that alot, that why I go for the wifi combo so often. people always let their shield up right as the HA releases.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
2:20 neither of us were expecting that lag, and for me to be that close to the ground, the same thing happened again in that match when i landed a laggy f-air, and it dodged one of his atttacks.
its still a use.

4:12. i avoided getting punished for hitting his shield with SD

4:38 I bank on that alot, that why I go for the wifi combo so often. people always let their shield up right as the HA releases.
Can't you do a sheild stab when that happens?

Bluehedgehog

Smash Cadet
This is what I think of homing attack-
(Trying not to state the obvious )

Not to use it as a recovery because if my opponent is out of range this sends me downward at 45 degrees to sonic's death or more often increases the distance from sonic and the stage's ledge some times the distance is too far for the spring and youll fall.

I don't play a lot of pros so i do not know if this would work at 'tournament level' but usually when I SD-->SDJ-->Fair sometimes i like to finish off with a homing attack cancel, as the opponent is still in range of the homing attack and with the cancel reduces seconds off the charge.

[Edit] Just saw Boxob's thread lol.

da K.I.D Nice win, the last kill was impressive.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There are neutral B reversals, but it doesn't do much for Sonic considering the move sets it's own path towards the opponent anyway.
I thought Sonic's HA range increased if the opponent is in front of him, no?

woah the sonic boards are active. thanks for the info.
SnooPING AS usual I see!?

Eh but seriously you want see a board any livelier than Sonic boards.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I thought Sonic's HA range increased if the opponent is in front of him, no?

SnooPING AS usual I see!?

Eh but seriously you want see a board any livelier than Sonic boards.
Yeah it increases if a opponent is closer it helped me when I was recovering.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I know that, but I'm asking if Roy knew that, because from what I interpreted in his post, he didn't.

<3

infomon

Smash Scientist
Not to use it as a recovery because if my opponent is out of range this sends me downward at 45 degrees to sonic's death or more often increases the distance from sonic and the stage's ledge some times the distance is too far for the spring and youll fall.
Remember you can turnaround-B the Homing Attack so it always goes towards the stage if that's what you want. Basically, in the air tap Backwards on the control stick, then quickly Homing Attack, it will be a "reverse direction" HA. It has more range to lock-on the enemy in the direction it's facing, and if it drops at least you won't drop further away.

I don't play a lot of pros so i do not know if this would work at 'tournament level' but usually when I SD-->SDJ-->Fair sometimes i like to finish off with a homing attack cancel, as the opponent is still in range of the homing attack and with the cancel reduces seconds off the charge.
Yeaarrrrh, I always forgot about trying to immediately HA after an aerial as a pressuring follow-up. I just never think of it as an option... I'll try to remember to try it out tmrw and see how ppl respond, like if there are percents/situations where it works more often than not. Iunno.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
WT...

no.

not sonic R

wasnt that the one with airboards?
that game sucked..

not the point!!

stop going off topic...

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post my computer went kind of glitchy for a second.

EDIT: KID SonicR is one of those Sega games that were popular at the time it has nothing to do with the boards those are Sonic riders also let's get back on topic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the thread name is sonic rFAQ

my guess is that he didnt read far enough to see the FAQ part and saw sonic R and decided to post his feelings about the game...

i think thats what happend

infomon

Smash Scientist
X580, we're all allowed to post wherever we want/can. These boards are for the purpose of sharing knowledge, not dividing us into arbitrary groups. Indeed, we should welcome "outsiders" as much as possible.

:054:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am lol'ing at the effectiveness of DeliciousCake's obvious joke-post. He wins this round :)
Somebody else sees it, thank God.

X580, we're all allowed to post wherever we want/can. These boards are for the purpose of sharing knowledge, not dividing us into arbitrary groups. Indeed, we should welcome "outsiders" as much as possible.

THIS!!!!!

BTW welcome to the boards Cake, I knew you weren't a lie.

SonicX580

Smash Lord

Don't get me wrong I like the fact of more people coming here infzy it's just the fact that people but do not agree with posting stuff that's not relibate to the topic/thread that's all also I forgot welcome to the sonic boards cake.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't be a hypocrit X5, this is the Sonic boards.

If we don't stay on-topic, how do we expect anybody else who comes here to do the same?

@#$% you know what, replying to you is going off-topic, let this die now.

Bluehedgehog

Smash Cadet
What would you guys do If you HA (for what ever reason) and your opponent shields leaving you with lag and tries to punish you with up smash or up air ?

Which would be more beneficial to sonic; spring up (possibly hitting them with the spring) or air doge or something else?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've got a question.

Why the f*** did two moderators close a thread okayed by another two moderators?

Top Bottom