• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Soda man, it's actually called meta mindgames... a heightened form of mindgames, indeed.

Sonic really is Meta Knight... one day we'll find something to make him a soft-MK counter for sure...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Sonic is already a soft counter to MK... Or at least I don't have a problem w/ MK unless the M is REALLY GOOD.

Sonic has th emost mindgames cuz of the sound of his moves. Keep grabing and whenever MK upB's try to predict where he'll land and get behind him then grab, sideA or neutralA. Spinball EVERYTHING :-). O, the best mindgame for an MK is to Uthrow and chase them and Uair them(Uair owns MK when timed right for some odd reason). For MK's B. run away a lil and let him chase U. Block and when he's done spining... PUNISH!!! I hope this info helps every1.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Sonic is already a soft counter to MK... Or at least I don't have a problem w/ MK unless the M is REALLY GOOD.

Sonic has th emost mindgames cuz of the sound of his moves. Keep grabing and whenever MK upB's try to predict where he'll land and get behind him then grab, sideA or neutralA. Spinball EVERYTHING :-). O, the best mindgame for an MK is to Uthrow and chase them and Uair them(Uair owns MK when timed right for some odd reason). For MK's B. run away a lil and let him chase U. Block and when he's done spining... PUNISH!!! I hope this info helps every1.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master

No.

Never follow MK into the air.

You WILL eat his d-air.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's funny, Sonic has a lot of things that work to stop MKs specials.

Spring/Dair eats Tornados from above.
I've been able to cancel it with a Fair from the side.

Even if you just shield all the hits, Sonic is fast enough to punish the ending lag.

Spring beats shuttle loop. Shuttle loop is only a problem to me if it's a follow up after an Uair.
Uh...Sonic's Uair is purdy good against MK, but yeah...I wouldn't advise following him in the air, especially offstage where he has multiple jumps and a shuttle loop...that's much harder to avoid without all your jumps/specials.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
No.

You WILL eat his d-air.

Not true,

aim to the side of mk and wait until after he attacks and then unleash uair

Or

when u go after mk above the stage press r or l immediatly to dodge mk's dair and then do sonic's uair

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Not true,

aim to the side of mk and wait until after he attacks and then unleash uair

Or

when u go after mk above the stage press r or l immediatly to dodge mk's dair and then do sonic's uair
I think you're underestimating how fast his d-air is.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
No dude.

You could airdodge his dair, but then what next?

his up-air is even FASTER, disjointed as ****.

Hell, he could even tornado you.

Most MK's will expect the u-throw at high percentages.

Tenki

Smash Hero
No.

You WILL eat his d-air.

I use this notion as my secondary.

Or is it I second this notion.

anyway,

you're better off going after MK either from the side (his F-air high up has a bit of 'dead time') or from above (because spring outprioritizes MK forever in the air), and you can just reverse FF D-air.

But yeah, MK's retreating DJ D-air is such a bunghole.

though if he was in SH-FH height, you could probably shield or just FH F-air/N-air (full hop, because it rises faster) into it.

Japu

Smash Rookie
what's with the new fad of making a ban picture (with A1) your avatar? Because I kind of doubt you're all banned.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm totally banned.

EDIT: 3 people posting simultaneously is too good.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So I like how every1 is talking off topic... and NOT getting banned or anything after it happened to me...

BTW, thats Fing awesome. I came tell U guys are Sonic players cuz U guys mindgamed me...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its what we do best,

everything we ever do is mindgames...

we got people to believe that spindash from across the stage is our main approach. Than we tell them that it isnt only for us to do that anyway... and do you know why?

thats right, mindgames.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBFxqiLlF_0
replace 'degrees' with 'mindgames'

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

infomon

Smash Scientist
If we have a chat, please please please make it IRC-based, so I can login with my irc client not some slow tedious ad-ridden social-networking-wannabe flash+ajax-based web chat :urg:

:054:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Who would make up SteakBreakChat?!?!

Probably some posers.

Tenki

Smash Hero
what part of the down throw are you supposed to hit shield to tech it???
After the D-throw.

The D-throw itself has 3 hits, and the launch should be something in rhythm of that, so if you press shield on the '4th' hit (and DI downwards) you'll tech the floor in front of Sonic, provided your character weight and % are right.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we really do need a video of two sonics locking each other back and forth with this so people know what it looks like...

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out, your Sonic xat chat is already listed and linked to the Wifi_Room. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
How do you do a reverse forward smash out of a stutter step?

And what's the best way to do an instant edge hog? Street fighter reference? Sorry, I know this was answered before...

:/

Top Bottom