• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hi everyone, any tips on tech chasing ROB? I seem to get broken whenever he gets up and just dsmashes.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If you think he's gonna d-smash before you get the regrab, i'd assume that just running up to him and trying to shield grab or something of the sort would help. o-o

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Thanks, and should I walk or run when trying to PS the arrows?

Luckily he doesn't know about the ledge
walk. otherwise he can catch you while beginning your dash (before you can shield cancel). it also makes tilting the arrows (up close when he is also within range).

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Kay, thanks I'll try this out tomorrow

It doesn't help I made a major change to my controller setup, still getting used to it

Nic64

Smash Lord
Crawling actually gives you more time to shield against anything that would be coming from above like that, because you instantly stand up so you can PS it after it's entered your shield space more easily

Attila_

BRoomer
any pit who knows the mu will aim arrows done consistently (almost everytime). and even then, you get less lag from a powershield anyway.

crouching is useful for countering his sh nair, however.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
If they don't aim them down just so they use less effort, I can usually get away with crawling for a short while.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone any tips on how to actually catch a TL playing camp a long? sometimes it's hard to chase down the little goblin... spamming arrows, bombs,etc...

Attila_

BRoomer
remember, he's got to land somewhere. block spaces with explosives, and force him to land where he's vulnerble. dash attack is your best friend here.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
ok will put this to use next TL MU, also as a side question what's a good way to improve DI since I apparently have slow reaction time...

Variable

Smash Ace
I really struggle with projectiles. If I'm in a really good match with a marth or even a wario or any viable character with out a strong projectile I'll do fine. Whenever I play Falco's, ZSS, Mario/Luigi, Diddy Kong or others I have a little trouble.

Take Falco for example:

Obviously and can crawl under them, but when you're crawling you're pretty vulnerable and don't have much threats., and if you stand up you're immediately lasered to death.

There are others which annoy me but I don't want to make a huge list, any advice in general on avoiding projectiles? I can only think of using nades more and a lot of the time that works very well, but not always.

ps. pk fire is gay

I

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I really struggle with projectiles. If I'm in a really good match with a marth or even a wario or any viable character with out a strong projectile I'll do fine. Whenever I play Falco's, ZSS, Mario/Luigi, Diddy Kong or others I have a little trouble.

Take Falco for example:

Obviously and can crawl under them, but when you're crawling you're pretty vulnerable and don't have much threats., and if you stand up you're immediately lasered to death.

There are others which annoy me but I don't want to make a huge list, any advice in general on avoiding projectiles? I can only think of using nades more and a lot of the time that works very well, but not always.

ps. pk fire is gay

I
First off a good falco can hit u in crawl :awesome: second honestly just get grenades in their area and then PS approach. Pk fire is easy once u know how to PS its one of the easiest projectiles to PS.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

Take Falco for example:

ps. pk fire is gay

I
I main falco so i know about this matchup, laser has plenty of lag on falco's side. if he is doing shl or shdl, you have until he lands to do stuff, if he's doing standing laser, he lags from that alot.

obv if he's on the opposite side of the stage, you want to close the distance (unless you believe you can outcamp him with nades, i'd think not). after you close some of the distance, drop a nade, do it at a distance so that if he phantasms away, he'd blow it up and it hits him or it hits him when it blows up. then just approach and grab/tilt him. powershielding will def help, but if not youll just eat a lil bit of damage. remember you can hit him out of phantasm too as he has lag at the start up and he has a hurtbox in middle of phantasm for a frame.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033

Take Falco for example:

ps. pk fire is gay

I
I find messing with people who do have projectiles rather easy myself. For Falco I just camp him until i'm at around 40% and then just DACUS close to him so that I can do some up close damage to close the gap in damage. For Diddy Kong's bananas I just do what I see Diddys do when I throw bananas at them, & that is just to simply shield it and jump up and grab it. About the others I don't really get to play them much aside from Fox who's camping only really hinders your own camping, & so you can just simply get close to him for the most part.

predict, DI is just holding a direction lol, anyone can do it.
I think that he may have meant momentum canceling instead of DI, because I used to have that misconception as well.

JonT

Smash Rookie
will there ever be a thread were it shows liked all power ranked snakes? id love to see that

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I find messing with people who do have projectiles rather easy myself. For Falco I just camp him until i'm at around 40% and then just DACUS close to him so that I can do some up close damage to close the gap in damage. For Diddy Kong's bananas I just do what I see Diddys do when I throw bananas at them, & that is just to simply shield it and jump up and grab it. About the others I don't really get to play them much aside from Fox who's camping only really hinders your own camping, & so you can just simply get close to him for the most part.

I think that he may have meant momentum canceling instead of DI, because I used to have that misconception as well.

yes, my bad on being too general, like what is a good way to momentum cancel and how early should I be inputting the commands? also Astick vs Cstick which is better option? thanks

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Ralph, a good diddy will punish your tendency to shield when there are bananas by using their hump..
I was meaning if they throw it from a distance, & I don't mean hold your shield for too long. o-o If they're right in front of you i'd think it would be common sense not to shield alot. I know this works, because i've done this with AZ before.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Okay I have a few questions... I tried looking for them but there are 100000000 guides on snake and I have no clue where to look.

1) Is there any way to cancel Snake's side B move, basically is there a way to make it end early?
2) What moves of his beat tornado? I know Utilt and all his explosives do but is there anything else?
3) How do you do that rapid jab thing that he can do?
4) In one of the guides it says to leave tap jump on? Why? I see no reason why this is important is it?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Okay I have a few questions... I tried looking for them but there are 100000000 guides on snake and I have no clue where to look.

1) Is there any way to cancel Snake's side B move, basically is there a way to make it end early?
2) What moves of his beat tornado? I know Utilt and all his explosives do but is there anything else?
3) How do you do that rapid jab thing that he can do?
4) In one of the guides it says to leave tap jump on? Why? I see no reason why this is important is it?
1) press shield trigger will "cancel" it as in it falls there and you start the recovery from it.

2) anything disjointed that hits mk while your hurtbox do not touch the nado will beat it, utilt is best bet but well spaced nairs will work.

nado also has a hold in the middle, so if you attack the eye from the top you will beat it with just about any move.

nado has a good amount of startup lag, like the animation starts before the hurtbox, so hitting him then with anything will break it.

grounded nado can be cancelled/clanked with a strong enough attack.

3) hold the attack button.

4) idk, i leave it off.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you're better off with tap jump off for snake. easier to utilt instantly, angle shield up instantly, lets you cypher without ALWAYS getting the boost etc

it's kind of character dependent, I play snake and sheik with tap jump off, MK and marth with tap jump on

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the tap jump on thing in one of the guides really was confusing me, because I saw no reason to UpB OoS like MK or Marth, and it would make Utilting soooo much easier, thanks guys.

Attila_

BRoomer
iirc, any attack cancels grounded nado, although mk typically has frame advantage.

also, you need tap jump unless you either claw or change your controls; you can't hold a nade and jump unless you do O_o

ADHD

Smash Hero
Does snake have broken frame data on his spotdodge/airdodge? He seems to be invincible for quite a while on them.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Does snake have broken frame data on his spotdodge/airdodge? He seems to be invincible for quite a while on them.
Not quite, Spot Dodge is 2-20/25 and Air Dodge is 4-29/39

Compared to the best Spot Dodge being 2-20/22 and best Air Dodge being 3-29/39

Attila_

BRoomer
iirc diddy stays in the background for londer than that, kinda like d3.

snake's airdodge is good cause his fastfall speed is ace though.

Top Bottom