• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

ADHD

Smash Hero
That doesn't add up at all. He has to have some kind of odd property to it, his spotdodge makes it incredibly hard to time fast moves to punish it and so does his airdodge.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i've never had that issue in the ditto. i also never get away with spotdodging, either.

although i have noticed that diddy can spotdodge through snake's hold 'a' jab, and ps upon returning from his dodge. i've only noticed d3/falco/diddy do this.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
i've never had that issue in the ditto. i also never get away with spotdodging, either.

although i have noticed that diddy can spotdodge through snake's hold 'a' jab, and ps upon returning from his dodge. i've only noticed d3/falco/diddy do this.
Marth too, he can spotdodge to up b out of rapid jabs, so gay.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
iirc, any attack cancels grounded nado, although mk typically has frame advantage.

also, you need tap jump unless you either claw or change your controls; you can't hold a nade and jump unless you do O_o
Well i've never had that problem with nades and i dont claw :p

However, ik alot of snakes that like their *unused* shield buttton as jump cuz it lets them sdi and spam jump when getting nado'd and it also helps with the other thing.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Well i've never had that problem with nades and i dont claw :p

However, ik alot of snakes that like their *unused* shield buttton as jump cuz it lets them sdi and spam jump when getting nado'd and it also helps with the other thing.
then how do you physically hold b and press y?

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Okay I have a few questions... I tried looking for them but there are 100000000 guides on snake and I have no clue where to look.

1) Is there any way to cancel Snake's side B move, basically is there a way to make it end early?
2) What moves of his beat tornado? I know Utilt and all his explosives do but is there anything else?
3) How do you do that rapid jab thing that he can do?
4) In one of the guides it says to leave tap jump on? Why? I see no reason why this is important is it?
about point 3: If you want to jab quickly while hitting an opponent, holding the attack button will input the standard combo. But if you just want to jab real quickly while hitting your opponent, you'll have to press A, down, Press A, down, etc. But pretty quick.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I haven't logged on in a long time.

Everything is so different.

Edit: March 2008? Damn, I'm old.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
<3 the asian girl avatar, good question guys, how do you over come a super arrow spammy pit that planks like no tmr??

-Ran

Smash Master
1) Power shielding.
2) Baiting/Conditioning.
3) Cooked grenades.
4) Maintaining your lead, and never approaching them.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
1) Power shielding.
2) Baiting/Conditioning.
3) Cooked grenades.
4) Maintaining your lead, and never approaching them.
I dont agree about the no approaching part...thats a bad idea. If he's on the ledge however 1) keep track of his ledge grabs 2) you can simply go to the other ledge and wait till u see him approaching. 3) set a c4 on one side and when he goes to the other follow and simply hold him off with nades/PS/spotdodge if uairs you with a nade he gets hit.

However, again if u have %/stock lead just go to the other ledge lol. In pits face is where you'll find most success against pit. Pit has enough options to get away/compete but up close is where-well i already said it- so ya.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yume are you saying that jab cancelling isn't useful? Imo its underused
I'm saying that technically the jab doesn't cancel, you just wait for jab1 to end and then do a different attach, pressing the control stick down does nothing at all.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure there's no difference? I've tried Jab > Grab (Z) with no down input and it registers as a second jab. It works with the down input

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
because when you put the down input it forces you to slow down, if you do them at the same speed there will be no difference.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Also helps you DI badly and thus die early if you get hit while doing it.
No jabing tht way has its uses. I don't feel like getting into a debate about it. Im just gonna say i've found success vs good players with it in certain situations and as a mixup. Also snakes jab cancel is a jab cancel. Like falco's or ikes. Som1 who's isnt would be...for example Pit. His is not a legitimate jab cancel he cant. If it works its cuz u let it with him there are way more frames inbetween then the first 3 listed who's are.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm fairly certain it's the 4th port, just because explosives don't hurt you when you have someone in a grab.
Lemme amend that, when you are grabbing someone or getting grabbed, if both of you get hit by an attack/explosion, both of you take damage, but only the one with the lower port gets sent flying, while the other person just have the release animation (think superarmor).

But if the attack/explosion hits only one person, only that person gets sent flying and take the damage, the other person releases/gets released.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033

Lemme amend that, when you are grabbing someone or getting grabbed, if both of you get hit by an attack/explosion, both of you take damage, but only the one with the lower port gets sent flying, while the other person just have the release animation (think superarmor).

But if the attack/explosion hits only one person, only that person gets sent flying and take the damage, the other person releases/gets released.
Thanks for correcting me ^_^

Mike2

Smash Ace
Ok I have no idea where to find this. If there's a thread about this or this info is in a thread and someone could point it out to me that'd be great!

Question:

What characters and till what % does uthrow "combo" to utilt? And is it guaranteed?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'd see it being fun, because I could see rob going along with aerials, & Snake doing nice on the ground, but I don't really have much doubles experience so I wouldn't really know all to well myself.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't that get in each other's way a lot?

Is it even possible to have that good of control over your hitboxes?

Top Bottom