• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Well boths Diddy, & Snake are good with item control, so as long as Snake can refrain from mines\c4, or Diddy can keep track of the explosives i'd say it'd be pretty nice.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Guys i've been wondering after how many MK's up b does it become so stale it can't knock us out of Cypher? I know Dair only knocks you off at the first time

ErikG

Smash Ace
Fatal and ADHD did really well teaming together.
From personal experience, if you have a halfway decent banana game, the team works well. Just make sure your partner is decent at being aware of explosions

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Guys i've been wondering after how many MK's up b does it become so stale it can't knock us out of Cypher? I know Dair only knocks you off at the first time
After 3 Shuttle Loops, Snake is no longer knocked out of his Cypher by Shuttle Loop

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

I'm saying that technically the jab doesn't cancel, you just wait for jab1 to end and then do a different attach, pressing the control stick down does nothing at all.
So I randomly poked around, and time to bust the lies in this one.

You do want to cancel with a "crouch". Here's the reason why. If you were to continue to use another attack (say F-tilt), you would continue to use your jab combo until after the attack animation is over, rather than at the optimal IASA point. However, when you crouch, you actually cancel the jab combo from continuing thus reaching optimal IASA. Of course, Snake's jab animation is really short overall, and this will make very little difference. :p

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah, i'm sure that the other boards is where you'll have to go for match-ups pretty much. A decent amount of Snakes contribute to the discussion so it'd pretty much be the same thing as our MU discussion for someone if we had it.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So I randomly poked around, and time to bust the lies in this one.

You do want to cancel with a "crouch". Here's the reason why. If you were to continue to use another attack (say F-tilt), you would continue to use your jab combo until after the attack animation is over, rather than at the optimal IASA point. However, when you crouch, you actually cancel the jab combo from continuing thus reaching optimal IASA. Of course, Snake's jab animation is really short overall, and this will make very little difference. :p
*ra ge* :mad:

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
The DK boards didn't have much on the MU other than just 50-50 and small tips for DK

FoolHater

Smash Rookie
At 0:09-0:10 in this video, what are the circumstances for Snake's cypher to explode? This sometimes happens to me, so I was wondering if I could take advantage of the explosion (that is if it is somewhat strong or ranged).

Sorry if I forgot to post the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7fxkIHb5g

Underload

Lazy
At 0:09-0:10 in this video, what are the circumstances for Snake's cypher to explode? This sometimes happens to me, so I was wondering if I could take advantage of the explosion (that is if it is somewhat strong or ranged).

Sorry if I forgot to post the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7fxkIHb5g
I'm pretty sure it's whenever Snake gets footstooled during his cypher. He also gets to use his cypher again if he gets footstooled.

The explosion doesn't do any damage, I don't think.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I swear abel, if you troll too many boards, people are going to get pissed at you

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
What tourney was that from?

EDIT:Also I have a question. I know that B-Reversing shifts our momentum when falling, so I was wondering what does it do when we get sent flying from a smash or something of the sort?

the man

Smash Apprentice
What is a good button layout for snake? I'm trying to experiment some controls. Could someone post a few suggestions?

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
tap off
R to special for b-reversals,c4 or cypher immediately after jump or jumping nade tosses
x to attack for nade fsmash xD (rarely use it)

What is a good button layout for snake? I'm trying to experiment some controls. Could someone post a few suggestions?
tap off
z jump
R attack
Y grab
X shield
L to jump. just for oos and ledge stuff.
tap off,
Y to grab
rest at defaults
Defaults with tap off
YEAAAAAAAAAH
tap off
R to special for b-reversals,c4 or cypher immediately after jump or jumping nade tosses
x to attack for nade fsmash xD (rarely use it)
Natural setup and tap jump off. I can do everything fine with natural controls.
Same as False, & Kuro.
No tap jump... You guys claw, right?
I use R jump, rest default (with Tap Jump)
tl;dr?

Default is best.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. I've been on the boards for almost a year now, and I love all the info you guys have on Snake, but my problem is: I'm not online a lot. So, I was wondering which info would you guys recommend I print out that way I can study when I'm not online? I understand that everything should be learned eventually, but I guess I'm asking is where I should start first.

Top Bottom