• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

C.J.

Smash Master
Turn-around special- Doing a special but facing the opposite way from the direction you started. Press the direction opposite you're facing, let the stick fall to neutral, then press B

Breversal- Doing a special but facing the opposite direction while reversing your momentum. Press B then the direction opposite of the one you're facing (4 frame window).

Wavebounce- Doing a special, and receiving the momentum you'd get with a Breversal but in the same direction you're facing. Press the direction opposite you're facing (as in the turn-around special), press B, then press the direction you were facing (4 frame window).

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, will try that later this week. next question is what are some good camping setups in general on delfino and frigate?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
On Frigate stage transition 1, try C4 on top of platform and mine beneath, you stand on right side. The mine will go off if you set off the C4. On transition 2, you could try a similar setup, but it might get in your way. I usually do mine near edge, C4 on platform and Snake throwing nades everywhere else

There's sooo many different transitions on Delfino, try to keep the mine near an edge and a C4 on a platform or the middle of a stage.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
WB is pretty rare to see from anyone not named Lucas. It looks at first like you're just falling away but you have no decceleration.

ISJR is too hard to perform consistently, it's like 1 frame for error :p That and iirc you can't really SH dair w/o any lag.

@Nades, depends on what you mean by fast grab break. Do you mean to include K Prime's D-pad method on top, or just plain "speed mashing"?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
iirc - if i recall correctly

iirc, k-primes method involved changed the d-pad to mash commands, so you could press more buttongs to try to get out. against ics, i just make a fist with my right hand, and rub the front of my fingers across the right half of the control lol. japanese method ;)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
iirc = if I recall correctly

K Prime's method has D-pad (the one that has all the taunts) set to C-stick, so it gives you tons more inputs to break out, b/c C-stick = 4 I think while analog movement only equals 1, but a new input on C-stick can only be made if you return it to a neutral position.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11847996&postcount=6810
http://www.youtube.com/user/KPrime04#p/u/10/G4pHZUJGG0k

w/ K Prime's innovation it's possible to break out of grabs before a throw until at least 100% unless the throw is buffered.

With speed mashing, the one I learned is that you basically roll the analog stick around really fast, then with the other side you flip your thumb diagonally up + across c-stick to the A, B, X, and Y buttons (but you'll want to learn how to not hit jump if you're Wario) then return the same way down, you have to do it fast both ways.

I think w/ Prime's method you just replace analog or some of the weaker inputs w/ the D-pad as a secondary C-stick.

@shmot that's a good sounding method :)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If you mean just button mashing to get out of a grab then, if I was told right, you rotate the analog stick(Because every notch is an input), pressing both triggers, & either rotating c-stick, or just button mashing. I'm iffy on the c-stick though, because i've heard that it has the same kind of input capabilities as the analog stick, but i've also heard that it's just one input regardless of the rotating. So I guess button mashing with your right thumb would be a safer bet if you don't want to gamble/test with it.

Attila_

BRoomer
dont rotate the cstick; it will only register new inputs if you return it to a neutral position and then make another input. same deal for sdi.

although my method is broken; give it a shot :D

Attila_

BRoomer
utilting is a bad defence against peach imo, she can bait and punish it way too easily if she knows the spacing. fh bair (facing away from her) seems to much more difficult to punish... either way, camp the wench.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Has anbyody had a problem with shield dropping nades on WiFi? Today I tried to shield drop them but most of the time Snake would throw them as if I had released B instead. Might have been packet loss of some sort, don't think it's ever happened to me before.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey fellow snakes, need some help on winning snake dittos cause I keep getting outgrabbed/ftilted...

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about the "Velox drop", (where you drop a grenade and continue passing through the platform"

The Snake tech thread says when you're about 1 inch above the platform, hold down for a second and you drop"

Is that an inch on the TV or an approximate inch, if the characters were life size?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think it's on the t.v., there's a good exampe of when you should press down in one of those tutorial videos that Havoc made.(Sry if I used the wrong name there's just a rather good amount of them. o-o)

Attila_

BRoomer
I hold r while falling, and press down just about .2 of a second before snake lands on the platform. At the same time, I cant do it perfectly, yet.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Quick quistion, how do you insta grab the ledge or whatever(Basically just run off of the ledge and grab the ledge). Every time I run off of the ledge I never grab it.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I think it was posted a few pages back, but basically, you run off and continue holding the analog stick from whatever direction you ran off and immediately rotate it down and then towards the stage

In like a half-circle

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I don't think that method work well for snake, it is easier to just run off/walk off and tap the control stick down, just tap it.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I actually didn't know that worked, sounds much less accident prone.

But I know the rotating does work

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
is there anything we can do, if mk dashgrabs us at the ledge and pummels till we get "ground"released?
i always die in that situation >.<.

if i jump immediately, i get my 2nd jump dtilted and get gimped.
if i wait and jump uair/airdodge i get gimped.
if i wait and jump cypher i get gimped.
if i wait longer,cypher up, c4 myself, i get footstoolgimped.

yes, i play good mks >.<

what works best for you except of avoiding this situation?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
is there anything we can do, if mk dashgrabs us at the ledge and pummels till we get "ground"released?

yes, i play good mks >.<

Well for one make sure you mash jump as much as possible in case he messes up and you get an air release. Although that's not a great situation either

You could try jumping back, throwing a Nade to hopefully prevent hit from coming to gimp you and then proceed to cypher

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman

yes, i play good mks >.<

Jump and Cypher at the same time(Boost Cypher) away... Remember taking lots of damage is better than getting killed

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
How do you beat a projectile spammer?

Like... my brother uses Pikachu and Pit.

He stand on one edge of the stage and spams Jolt/Arrows. Since I can't crawl, and can't really jump, I have to attempt to PS my way through, and which point he either Smashes me away or I hit him to the other side. I can still win, but mostly because he sucks at the game, but x_x

Attila_

BRoomer
you outcamp pikachu. nade lobs and jumps will really help you out here. but you definitely can force pika's approach without excessive effort.

pit on the other hand, is a little more difficult. if he's on the stage, ps or sh airdodge through (spotdodges and rolls dont work), and remember dash attack or ftilt easily beat it when you're close. if he's on the ledge, get some distance, and outcamp him from afar (this gives you more time to throw your nades, and more time to shield the arrows). trust me, it works. match 2 in this set demonstrates it quite well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEW3NpYQ64

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, and should I walk or run when trying to PS the arrows?

Luckily he doesn't know about the ledge

Top Bottom