• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hitting cstick helps too, it just has to be returned to the neutral position before a second input will be recorded.

I use prediction for di all the time; it helps a lot more than it hinders. And my di has something of a following from anyone I play lol

Pivot grab or boost pivot grabs? That is the question!

I boost pivot grab and never pivot grab. I miss so many grabs because of the stupid slide puts me too far away where a regular one would have worked better. I think its only good for punishing rolls and airdodges.

Someone explain to me how to boost grab and boost pivot grab.
Dash forward -> c-stick down -> grab
Boost Grab

Dash forward -> c-stick down -> grab -> control stick shove opposite way
Boost Pivot Grab

Those are the basic controls. The boost pivot grab I am a little hazy on when exactly you have to shove the control stick the opposite direction. I do it so often I don't think about what I'm doing anymore. So, it might be a tad sooner. Experiment a bit to find the right timing.

Do you hold down on the cstick when you input the grab?
You can if you want, it really is not needed though. The important thing is the timing of when you press c-stick down, grab and hit the control stick the other way. Which happens to be really close together and in that order for the boost pivot grab.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
You can if you want, it really is not needed though. The important thing is the timing of when you press c-stick down, grab and hit the control stick the other way. Which happens to be really close together and in that order for the boost pivot grab.
Xeyload what is your sig I dont even...

It's an 18 wheeler jumping over a broken part of a bridge.
What else could it look like? :3

From Halo Reach: Fails of the Weak.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so now there is a way to grab opponents behind you? I'm trying to say this right, but I do remember doing somthing where while I was running, and I [somhow] quickly turned around and grabbed the opponent who was behind me in a split second. It involved trying to press the Z button and the C stick and the A button.

I pretty much forgot how to do it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
is there a way to grab opponents behind you and in front of you at the same time? this could be really useful for tech chasing

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Iv'e done it before. Plus, how am I trolling? I was submiting a piece of advice or somthing that I thought you guys could figure out how to do.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
can anyone shed some light on some practical grenade cooking methods for midrange to short range explosions?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
What exactly can keep a stage texture from being legitimate for use in a tourney? Because I added some textures to my Wii and some of my friends have complained about them, & have said that they aren't good for use in a tourney. ;-;

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
What exactly can keep a stage texture from being legitimate for use in a tourney? Because I added some textures to my Wii and some of my friends have complained about them, & have said that they aren't good for use in a tourney. ;-;
Those guys think you're using model hacks, which there is a HUGE difference between model hack and texture hack.
Or maybe they are against hacking all together.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
when snake is sent flying, is there a way to tell which way he is facing? cause I unintentionally do fair instead of bair for momentum cancelling at times...

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn't be using Bair anyway.

Use Airdodge when sent horizontally, and fastfall Uair when sent vertically.

I don't know of a way to tell though. Just watch him, most attacks don't mess him up too badly

etecoon

Smash Hero
that. air dodge/uair let you live the longest, use uair if you aren't sure/if it's diagonal

you can also tell because any time you are hit you are automatically turned around to face the opponent, you should always be facing them after being hit except for reverse hits like sometimes when you're right on top of them and it randomly sends you in the wrong direction

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
thanks I'll do just that. Also any tips on the pika match up? I seem to be outcamped by thunder bolts... and fighting close range has been pretty hard...

etecoon

Smash Hero
pikachu is kind of unique in that thunder gives him a deadly punishment to one of your most reflexive actions(momentum canceling), you really have to be aware of this because if you try to momentum cancel something that won't kill you anyway you might die via thunder

and his chain grab is one of the gayest in the game, I hope all pikachu players get eaten by a bear!

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
One time I was in Sudden Death and a Kirby tried to use Down B above me. I airdodged it and counter-attacked it with a grab and I threw Kirby and killed him.

Another time I was in Sudden Death and I was fighting a Ganon. So I threw a grenade, and before he could throw it back, I shield dropped another grenade, which caused his grenade to drop, and it blew him up.

Good stuff.

Let's talk about our pwns on Wifi with Snake shall we?

Top Bottom