• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SBR Tier List in, Mid Tier!

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
So, the Smash Back Rooms finally released their first tier list. And surprisingly (somewhat, though I always knew she was good), Sheik managed to ninja her way out of bottom tier. Sheik joins the Mid Tier, along with such characters as Zelda, Fox, Olimar, and Toon Link.

Finally, some recognition of the ninja's potential.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Not good enough

I want high, HIGH TIER!

>,< I'm being totally cereal about this.

...Seriously Sheik should be higher and the fact that Ike is just above her is just plan sick.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I'm unbelievably happy but at the same time don't you guys realize that over wifi we'll have old metaknight users trying to learn how to use sheik and make her look bad? haha

demodemo

Smash Ace
ike is above sheik wat

only placement that i disagree with is bowser's but everything else is unsurprisingly spot on. i thought ganondorf would be slightly higher though...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Not good enough

I want high, HIGH TIER!

>,< I'm being totally cereal about this.

...Seriously Sheik should be higher and the fact that Ike is just above her is just plan sick.
Sheik is not so good, she's just above crappy

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is not so good, she's just above crappy
I'm afraid not

Once someone masters DACUS then sheik will be good enough to be high tier. She wont even need that pile of bricks Zelda because she will have combos that will lead into finishes in the higher percents.

Give me six more months and I'll have it down ;)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm afraid not

Once someone masters DACUS then sheik will be good enough to be high tier. She wont even need that pile of bricks Zelda because she will have combos that will lead into finishes in the higher percents.

Give me six more months and I'll have it down ;)
I had the dacus down so well--probably the best out of any brawl sheik but nobody can master it because it's similar to samus' SWD just easier

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yup, chrome's right

if someone can be as good as phanna was at swd, you're gifted

1-frame stuff is really hard, and always will be

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So be it

If you are going to limit your sheik development with simple claim of "it's too hard" or "you have to be gifted" then so be it. I will shatter such barriers with hours upon hours of practice if necessary and will raise above all of you with just raw technical ability.

besides... I find reverse wave shining more difficult then dacus and people got that down pretty **** good back in melee.

You two shouldn't give up just yet if you had any motion to at all after all what if you are the "gifted" one?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i never said give up.

heck i can dacus 60% of the time.

i'm just saying, it's hard and unreliable, much like the swd was. i don't think it is possible to get it 100% of the time, and therefore it would be very risky to do in a pressure situation. if you are a real man, go ahead and take that risk, but just don't get punished too hard for it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i never said give up.

heck i can dacus 60% of the time.

i'm just saying, it's hard and unreliable, much like the swd was. i don't think it is possible to get it 100% of the time, and therefore it would be very risky to do in a pressure situation. if you are a real man, go ahead and take that risk, but just don't get punished too hard for it.
Well usually if your comboing into it you wont get punished too harshly at least that's what I've experience so far.

Doing such things as fair to dacus or grab break into dacus mostly means a light punishment if any when failed to doing it though when using to predict a jump or landing it can become real chancy.

I've personally pretty much stop using dash attacks except for like picking up items because of dacus speed and nearly similar range when used uncharged.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The DACUS is helpful, but eh, I don't think mastering it would move her up the tier list. I can already do her DACUS 80% of the time, and yeah it does help a lot, but not enough to move her higher on the tier list.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i can do DACUS at will, I just average at every thing else though which sucks =S. I naturally hold controllers in a claw position so its all good =D

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i can do DACUS at will, I just average at every thing else though which sucks =S. I naturally hold controllers in a claw position so its all good =D
That's a very bold statement ddonaldo, can you do it from a standing position or just from running?

...Also are you BS us?

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I feel like I'm the only sheik extremist left.

Oh well, Sheik/Zelda for high tier! ._.
u should be happy enough w/ mid tier...
besides tiers certainly aren't everything and are overrated. its more about matchups i think

i admit i was pleasantly surprised

Tristan_win

Not dead.
u should be happy enough w/ mid tier...
besides tiers certainly aren't everything and are overrated. its more about matchups i think

i admit i was pleasantly surprised
I would be happy enough with bottom of high to high mid tier.

Everything else is unacceptable to me.

We as a community should always strive to make sheik meta game better and push it to it's limits and beyond. If we let ourselves because lazy and settle down at the bottom of mid tier come next tier list we will be low.

I guaranteed it.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
ok that i can agree with

i'm just sayin ppl naturally look down on chars like ours, i would love to prove them wrong though
and at least we know Sheiks true potential

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jeez, I don't know what everyone's problem is. The SBR's just being extra lenient on the naming. You can easily separate it into

Meta Knight Tier
Mewtwo
Meta Knight

Covering for Meta Knight to make him not look way better than the rest of the cast Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

Can maybe go somewhat even with Meta Knight Tier
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Ice Climbers

Overrated Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wolf
Roy

Doesn't get completely destroyed by Meta Knight Tier
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Gets 2-0'd by Meta Knight Tier
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Goldeen
Magikarp
Captain Falcon

As you can see, there's actually a VERY big difference between Sheik and Lucas, the next one down on the list under Sheik.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's like saying "but Meta Knights will never strike Final Destination and always get grabbed by Yoshis, so that naming is flawed."

Yoshi might have something against Meta Knight, and might be able to bring the matchup to equal even on other stages or something. Fortunately for the Meta Knights, there aren't any Yoshis good enough to actually do that.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Jeez, I don't know what everyone's problem is. The SBR's just being extra lenient on the naming. You can easily separate it into

Meta Knight Tier
Meta Knight

Covering for Meta Knight to make him not look way better than the rest of the cast Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

Can maybe go somewhat even with Meta Knight Tier
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Ice Climbers

Overrated Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Doesn't get completely destroyed by Meta Knight Tier
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Gets 2-0'd by Meta Knight Tier
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

As you can see, there's actually a VERY big difference between Sheik and Lucas, the next one down on the list under Sheik.
Interesting idea, except I hear ZSS does well against Meta Knight, and Yoshi goes almost even with him. Other than that, it's hilariously accurate. xD

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
wowww ankoku that was too good.

Tristan i'm quite surprised with your take of Sheik as a character. With my understanding of the game I think she sucks so much, but that lets me understand how to play as her.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ankoku you're funny but don't fall into the trap of saying that metaknight is unbeatable

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight is as unbeatable as Yoshi is even with Sheik.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
That's a very bold statement ddonaldo, can you do it from a standing position or just from running?

...Also are you BS us?
tbh i have never attempted to do it from a standing position, dnt know why really. im not BSing either, I could upload a vid of me DACUSing continously or somethin. but trust me im not up to par on the basics imo.

Also the attitude you have with sheik, maybe you might end up being the chudat of ssbm =)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't remember Chu really saying too much about Ice Climbers' potential or whatever. In fact, the only things I really remember about tiers and stuff were Gimpyfish's early claims of Bowser being good and Taj and Gimpy's hilarious debate over whether Bowser or Mewtwo is better during FC Diamond. "Well, Mewtwo has 0-death combos." "So does Bowser!" "Oh, yeah -- off of a techchase!"

Squidster

Smash Ace
He is a buffet of manliness.

Looking at mid tier i definitely see room for sheik to move up. She is becoming more and more popular and people are refining her smecksy skills.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i'm sad that sheik isn't low tier. Now I can't use her in low tier also =(

DACUS is definitely the best way for sheik to kill without turning to zelda. Still, for now, DACUS is an unexpected move. People don't fight sheik enough on a regular basis to see the DACUS coming.

I know you see potential in it Tristan but as sheik become more known (thanks to a bunch of people using her now), people will be more aware of DACUS. So it will be even harder to hit later on (except on those guarantee ones like grab release and stuff).

Edrees knows the DACUS range now so he floats just out of range >_< before, I can get him without him seeing it coming haha

the sheik board is freaking blooming. Thanks to Ankoku's threads on other forums and Gimpy playing sheik now

Tristan_win

Not dead.
ok that i can agree with

i'm just sayin ppl naturally look down on chars like ours, i would love to prove them wrong though
and at least we know Sheiks true potential
Actually what I like about Sheik so much is that I don’t know her true potential. I might have a better grasp of it now because of dacus but I have yet to really see her true potential or at least that’s what I think. I spew things about high tier because that’s where I see her going with or without Zelda.

wowww ankoku that was too good.

Tristan i'm quite surprised with your take of Sheik as a character. With my understanding of the game I think she sucks so much, but that lets me understand how to play as her.
I was too Leon when Brawl first started I almost drop sheik completely because of all of her nerf and in fact I was well on my way to become a Zamus main, which I still believe should be high for a good couple of months after release. I still question at times if I made the right choice when I fight a good Zamus. What made me return to sheik was her lack of weakness(zamus has TONs) and great strengths. The most important being that she is able to control the majority of the cast with very reliable combos for a wide spectrum of percentages….She’s also a great camper and has a good defensive game. That’s of course not the only reasons but I rather not rant.

I guess technically if I wanted to I could switch to Diddy like Chromepirate did if I truly wanted the best ability of control but sadly I’m also against depending on something such as a item. Not because I’m against the principle, I just don’t like the idea of someone catching it or using it against me in general.

It wasn’t until recently though I had pick up the motion that Zelda wont be needed in the later sheik meta game. Although switching to Zelda is a great idea on small stages like battlefield but on big stages against characters who have range and speed she deteriorate to nothing more then a slow, predictable, target which can’t land even a single blow because of her fat.

i'm an extremist too. i think the combo is high tier.
… ~Hugz~

tbh i have never attempted to do it from a standing position, dnt know why really. im not BSing either, I could upload a vid of me DACUSing continously or somethin. but trust me im not up to par on the basics imo.

Also the attitude you have with sheik, maybe you might end up being the chudat of ssbm =)
DUDE…You have to learn to do it from standing that **** is critical. Fair to dacus, Grab break into dacus, bair, dacus, everything short of vanish, chain, and uair into fricken dacus!

All of those you more or less have to do from standing. Running is great and all but standing is where it’s at >.< …Have fun learning a completely different timing

Shielding to dacus is also good for moves that push you way….like really good.

And thanks but that’s unlikely.

i'm sad that sheik isn't low tier. Now I can't use her in low tier also =(

DACUS is definitely the best way for sheik to kill without turning to zelda. Still, for now, DACUS is an unexpected move. People don't fight sheik enough on a regular basis to see the DACUS coming.

I know you see potential in it Tristan but as sheik become more known (thanks to a bunch of people using her now), people will be more aware of DACUS. So it will be even harder to hit later on (except on those guarantee ones like grab release and stuff).

Edrees knows the DACUS range now so he floats just out of range >_< before, I can get him without him seeing it coming haha

the sheik board is freaking blooming. Thanks to Ankoku's threads on other forums and Gimpy playing sheik now
Yeah…. The people I play regularly online are starting to make counter measure against it. A lot of which actually are now reliable punishing me for even attempting it because I’m able to do it so often at times (at times being the key word, sometimes I‘m like fricken Jesus and pull outrageous combos out of my *** with it and at other times I‘m just normal 1/3 chance man. Constantly is my biggest problem.)

Haha… Your right though about people getting use to it but the fact you can reliable combo into it means that they are screwed anyways so I’m not really worried about it. Just because people know the ice climbers can chain grab someone to death doesn’t necessary mean they are that much worst.

I can’t say this enough though, Fair to DACUS = broken.

And yes, Ankoku’s threads and Gimpy…Gimpyness are priceless additions to the sheik community.

...I feel like I just wrote a thread.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm going to agree that the combo is amazing

sheik is good, but has glaring weaknesses

zelda is good, but has glaring weaknesses

combine the two....

*orgasm*

Top Bottom