• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SBR Tier List in, Mid Tier!

Exile724

Smash Cadet
Not good enough

I want high, HIGH TIER!

>,< I'm being totally cereal about this.

...Seriously Sheik should be higher and the fact that Ike is just above her is just plan sick.
I want her to be high tier too but if she was high tier everyone would switch to her which would be really evil.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik looks like a boy, so I would definitely go with Zelda on this one.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think we can all agree that while zelda is most certainly the most 'beautiful' - but sheik is comin with the sex appeal.

you seen those reverse needle cancel fair edgeguards?

daaaaaaaaaaaaannngggggggg

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sheik is pretty cute her brawl outfit hugged her body well, the figure is a step up from melee where she had manly pecks

deeeeaaaamn too good tlaking about the sexiness of zelda and sheik on smashboards *gasm*

Charoo

Smash Champion

i love this pic too

but sheik only looks on with fan art though. I'm talking about ingame. The most u can see from sheik in game play is like her butt (no complaints here though haha).

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Zelda's only good looking in her black costume. And I though we all knew that Sheik was a boy? I can't believe that the most active thread on these boards is a bunch of dudes talking like middle schoolers about how hot Sheik is. rofl

If you guys want to get serious again, how do you punish predictable rolling?

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
For predictable rolls, usually I just running grab since I running grab everything and Sheik can usually get there in time... hit a few times then dthrow/fthrow, try to go from there, Sheik has some pretty good stuff off of her throws at lower percents. If they're rolling right behind me I might be tempted to use dsmash/fsmash, depends how close it is and how far away I can see it coming. (Good times charging fsmash with Bowser backwards against total n00bs and then having them roll BEHIND me to avoid it) If I really don't feel like approaching because I don't want to get dsmashed/tornado'd or because they're just randomly rolling too far away, I'll just chuck needles. If they're that far away you can charge some back anyhow.

back to serious discussion!

sheik is totally hotter than zelda I saw this girl the other day at school and she ledgehopped off her desk into a reverse-needle-cancel-fair off the edge and hit the teacher in the face and it was the hottest thing ever I asked for her phone number and she exploded in my face and it was totally hot it was like 10000 degrees now I have to buy a new face becuz the pizza in the middle school cafateariea is so good!!! served as hot as sheik man

ps - since when do dudes have boobs and act exactly like girls

unless

well

okay, yeah, it's a stupid theory

Mahjix

Smash Cadet
Wow, I really need to get back to playing Brawl again. I never would have imagined King Dedede being in the top tier.

As for Sheik... I think she should be higher.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ Radiation
how did we get on this topic? XD
Shiek is not a guy...she just disguised herself as one in Ocarina of Time, if she actually changed genders that would be too wierd honestly. But she's a cool character regardless of gender thats why i play her

ON TOPIC: The way I see it Sheik's metagame will progress, but so will all the other characters'. And its not like with the discovery of some new AT she'll shoot up to top tier (and if it did it would probably be banned). So the best way for Sheik to move up is for a bunch of determined Sheik mains to improve and show their skills through tournaments and such to break the perception of her.
Personally, i'm happy with her current placing seeing as she was being considered for low tier b4. But i would like to see her advance if possible.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
LOL @ Radiation
how did we get on this topic? XD
Shiek is not a guy...she just disguised herself as one in Ocarina of Time, if she actually changed genders that would be too wierd honestly. But she's a cool character regardless of gender thats why i play her

ON TOPIC: The way I see it Sheik's metagame will progress, but so will all the other characters'. And its not like with the discovery of some new AT she'll shoot up to top tier (and if it did it would probably be banned). So the best way for Sheik to move up is for a bunch of determined Sheik mains to improve and show their skills through tournaments and such to break the perception of her.
Personally, i'm happy with her current placing seeing as she was being considered for low tier b4. But i would like to see her advance if possible.
and the fastest way for sheik to improve by herself is with dacus.

..Oh look the whole discussion has just full circle back to the beginning.

Seriously guys dacus is too good and when it's armed with sheik it's **** near orgasmic when pulled off correctly especial when you combo into it and get a kill. Even if you think you only have like a 1/3 chance of pull it off that 1 could completely put the match into your favor.

Gimpy and Ankoku you may not wish to put the dozen of hours into practice it but it does help...A lot. I implore you both to learn it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Gimpy and Ankoku you may not wish to put the dozen of hours into practice it but it does help...A lot. I implore you both to learn it.
I was barely willing to spend the 30 minutes required to learn how to wavedash. Why should I spend over 10 hours learning something much more situational and much more technically demanding?

Squidster

Smash Ace
Wavedashing was totally harder than this... i never got that down... lol
Granted I didn't try much but erroneous!

And DACUS is fun... seriously...
And its useful... but i think Tristan's recent "yay DACUS" high (from some sort of drug) has taken care of that.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
no matter how much u train DACUS there will be times u miss because of the frame perfection involved, not that u'll necessarily be punished since u shouldn't be too close to the opponent when its attempted

i have gotten better at it now after i realized i wasn't getting the control stick up fast enough...its more like C-down+Up then R (set as attack) i think

so i'm sure it can be awesome but its not guaranteed

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
no matter how much u train DACUS there will be times u miss because of the frame perfection involved, not that u'll necessarily be punished since u shouldn't be too close to the opponent when its attempted

i have gotten better at it now after i realized i wasn't getting the control stick up fast enough...its more like C-down+Up then R (set as attack) i think

so i'm sure it can be awesome but its not guaranteed
Never give up! Trust your instincts!

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Tristan's attitude is great: none of us should settle for mid. I mean look at bowser. Everyone thought he was bottom and he turns out to be mid with potential for better. Someone at SWF said something like "if it can be done someone will do it." DACUS isn't even that bad so after a couple months of practice (this is all I do when I turn on my Wii... she's not even my main) you will definitely have it down.

I was barely willing to spend the 30 minutes required to learn how to wavedash. Why should I spend over 10 hours learning something much more situational and much more technically demanding?
Don't you have a thread about going competitive? Btw..... your avatar..... I'm in love. <3

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did being competitive with Samus in Melee involve being able to SWD? Did being competitive with Ness require being good at getting the Yoyo Glitch? Was Fox all about being able to rapid multishine?

No, and if being good with Sheik requires that I learn something that is not only difficult to perform consistently but is also a situational technique, then I guess that means I'll never go competitive with her. Which is fine by me, since any notion of doing so was more of an experiment than a goal.

Anyone who puts much value in tier lists or changing them is losing sight of the big picture - tier lists are determined by character performance, not the other way around.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Samus and Fox are solid chars in melee.... but, its not a particularly competitive attitude to disregard a technique that would make your Sheik more... competitive. And I wasn't being completely serious anyway.

Sometimes it doesn't seem that way. How many times has the tier list been changed essentially by one person (or a few people) in melee and brawl?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Too late, I'm done playing Sheik competitively in Brawl. Well, I kinda was since March, but whatever.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Did being competitive with Samus in Melee involve being able to SWD? Did being competitive with Ness require being good at getting the Yoyo Glitch? Was Fox all about being able to rapid multishine?

No, and if being good with Sheik requires that I learn something that is not only difficult to perform consistently but is also a situational technique, then I guess that means I'll never go competitive with her. Which is fine by me, since any notion of doing so was more of an experiment than a goal.

Anyone who puts much value in tier lists or changing them is losing sight of the big picture - tier lists are determined by character performance, not the other way around.
It's not that you need DACUS to become competitive it just helps.

I mean just look at Aniki link. He like never wavedashed and was regarded as one of the best Link users back in melee.

Also I think your the one not seeing the big picture. Brawl is still very new and even though a tier list is out it doesn't change the fact we don't know very well how good a character can perform or what might be found to help them.

When it comes to rationalize the impotents of the tier list I like to think of it as one big popularity chart and even though that's a **** poor comparison to the real workings there is some truth behind it. When someone new or even someone just looking for a good third or something look at the tier list they will of course start by looking at the top. The closer a character is to the top the more players will give them a chance. Although the odds of someone playing with every character all the way down to Sheik is low the fact that we are in mid tier is HUGE. The reason why this is so huge is because it's now unavoidable to say sheik isn't bad and with brawl decent balancing most people think everyone in mid tier is tournament capable.

With this increase amount of people looking into sheik her meta game will develop faster then that of someone listed near the bottom like Link. So right now the tier list is very important for character development as it help defines who will be used the most.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's not that you need DACUS to become competitive it just helps.
Noooot really worth it to me.

Also I think your the one not seeing the big picture. Brawl is still very new and even though a tier list is out it doesn't change the fact we don't know very well how good a character can perform or what might be found to help them.
I think you misunderstand what I said. I'm not interested in a tier list for prediction of the future, I'm only interested in one of description of the present. And the SBR tier list is definitely confused in whether it wants to be one or the other.

When it comes to rationalize the impotents of the tier list I like to think of it as one big popularity chart and even though that's a **** poor comparison to the real workings there is some truth behind it. When someone new or even someone just looking for a good third or something look at the tier list they will of course start by looking at the top. The closer a character is to the top the more players will give them a chance. Although the odds of someone playing with every character all the way down to Sheik is low the fact that we are in mid tier is HUGE. The reason why this is so huge is because it's now unavoidable to say sheik sucks and with brawl decent balancing most people think everyone in mid tier is tournament capable.

With this increase amount of people looking into sheik her meta game will develop faster then that of someone listed near the bottom like Link. So right now the tier list is very important for character development as it help defines who will be used the most.
wut

That's too bad; your Sheik had potential. =P
That's a funny thing to say, because I haven't really added much to her game since four months ago. Sheik deserves better. -_-

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Shouldn't be so hard on yourself though. Especially when you do a lot to help the Sheik community in general like making the Sheik/Zelda matchup thread, generally being helpful, etc. etc. I'm sure everyone would agree the Sheik community is better off having you.

Tristan's right about the top/high tier getting more popularity (i.e. Lucario). Doesn't matter though cuz the ppl attracted to the top by the recently posted tier list probably suck and won't bring much to said char's meta.

@Tristan: I konw he doesn't. And that's the point. ;)

jopez4u

Smash Apprentice
IMO DACUS is comperable to pivoting in melee. Sure it *****, but its really hard to do and its not required to win a match.

And Sheik wouldn't change at all if any big names picked her up. They would just be pro with whatever character they wanted to use. Its not so much the character as it is the player. The only difference would be a lot more tournament Sheik vids to watch and an influx of Sheik players.

love, the great leon

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wonder if sheik would change at all if someone like m2k suddenly switched to sheik...
No doubt, I think the best Sheik player currently is Gimpyfish and he's not exactly dominating the tourney scene. Not saying Gimpy's bad......I love watching him play and think he's fantastic, but we need an epic player to pick her up and completely master her. Then the rest of us can learn from that person and thats how the metagame grows.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No doubt, I think the best Sheik player currently is Gimpyfish and he's not exactly dominating the tourney scene. Not saying Gimpy's bad......I love watching him play and think he's fantastic, but we need an epic player to pick her up and completely master her. Then the rest of us can learn from that person and thats how the metagame grows.
If you want the best RyokoYaksa is the guy you want. I've never been so angry while play, so sad after losing, or felt so enlighten after beaten.

He's just pure cheap epic win....also the chain is too good.

Although with all honesty I would think Neo would be are best bet for "completely master" Sheik since Gimpy and Ryoko aren't too serious about this game.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
The DACUS can be comboed into!? Give me info nao1!! The only thing that stops me maining Shiek is how much I hate playing Zelda and if DACUS can be comboed into, screw ZElda!

Top Bottom