• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
First of all, great tournament, lots of setups, interesting matches, awesome players, I really enjoyed myself and all hosts have done a great job hosting this. That being said, I would also like to know what exactly went wrong with the housing. I really don't want to add anything to the DQ situation or Plank's placing in the tournament since I don't know the details, but I had to spend about 100 dollars on extra hotel costs because of the airport pick-up thing/no housing on sunday and that bothers me. All I would like to know from Plank is why exactly the housing for the Dutch on sunday was cancelled last minute and if there is a chance of us (the seven Dutchies) getting (some of) that money back.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm only shouting out people I met or people I don't see very often. I'll edit this as I go (Sorry if I mispell any names):

Plank - Congrats on a great and well run tournament. I'm in debt to you for helping me get back to Cali. You did a fantastic job, one of the best performances as a host I have ever seen.

Ryan aka Snack Attack: Thank you so much for everything. You are **** cool and I hope you had fun kicking it with me at the hotel and getting to meet some of the greatest smashers around the world. Thank your parents for me. You will be taken care of anytime you come out to the West Coast. I promise you that.

Stippo - Thank you so much for helping me get to the airport, then taking me back when I found out I couldn't catch an early flight. You're the man. Once again, you'll be taken care of here on the West Coast.

ADHD - You're a d***head, and an incredibly rude person. I said "hello" like 7 times and you didn't once acknowledge me. I pointed this out to you and you still said nothing. Then you went and threatened plank for your money? He doesn't know you, you aren't cool with him.

I don't know who you think you are, but you need to stop being such a prick and learn some manners. Some people earn respect because they're really good, but you're only really good at Brawl, and you lose to randoms sometimes. So I guess your "skill" won't really make up for your s*** attitude. Sit down when you play too, you look like a douchebag.

JG Wentworth - It was awesome hanging out and being a part of your documentary. I'm telling you, get a hidden camera, you'll catch the better moments. Haha

Cable - Cool *** guy. I think i ripped on your DK way back on an AIB blog. My bad, haha. My WC pride got a hold of me. You're legit though. Nice meeting you.

Pierce - You'll get taken care of anytime you're in the WC. Cool seeing you. One of the coolest brawlers I know.

Amsah - It's a **** shame I didn't get to play you. I will definitely make it my business to play you next time you come around. Great job on 3rd, you're an amazing player. Lucky got you though :) Socal Baby!

More to come...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'll attempt some shoutouts.

Plank-Of course thank you for running this. Great to have another real melee tourney besides mine (and I won't be running those for a while) in MD/VA, and this experience was amazing.

Eggm- You clearly did not eat enough burritos man.

Strawhat dahean-when I first saw you in my pool I thought you were this other guy from NY, Strawhats, and I wasn't worried, then I found out you're one of the top players in europe XD. Good playing with you.

Hunterclass- Don't know if you'll even see this since i've never seen you on SWF, but you were definately better than I expected, for someone i've never heard of or seen post, you're getting there, you just need experience and to solidify your tech skill.

SPAWN- fun chilling/playing with you on friday and in pools, don't know why I did better with falcon than fox against your sheik lol.

Axe- you are such a nice person, and an amazing pikachu/falco, even though i got ***** i loved our pools matches.

m2k-I need to learn to stay away from you once i get the lead, I took the lead both matches and then you just baited and ***** me XD. As perfect as always.

THX-Your jiggs is getting there, too bad you missed a couple of those rests, you might have won the set...not that it mattered for either of us lol. I had to concentrate a ton playing you, jiggs scares the hell out of me.

Newb-man, you totally should have made second or even third round pools, just need to not get nervous next time, you always beat me when we play at chu's.

Moogle-You **** at ssb 64 lol, fun playing with you.

Ka-master-Your falcon is so fun, I love all the bouncy edge canceling you do. Sorry I got ***** in those 2 friendlies we played against darkrain+DJN, I'm just not at your level of play. I watched you play eggm later, sexy stuff going on there.

Anyone I played and didn't get the name of, I had fun in all my matches.

OOH, one of you played ness and some other characters, not the PR ness player a US player, you had red hair I think, you were mad fun to play with.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:02 AM] dreamthieve: are u serious
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:05 AM] dreamthieve: that janet said that to u
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:08 AM] dreamthieve: cuz that just justifies me 100%
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:29 AM] crismas: yes, but PLEASE talk to Janet first...cause Janet goes to me "i'm not blaming Plank for any of this, I'm blaming Jman because he wanted to sleep in"
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:22 AM] dreamthieve: **** janet
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:48 AM] dreamthieve: they drank rum and vodka and broke into a closed building in the side door and smashed a bottle of rum on the floor
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:53 AM] dreamthieve: and left an empty bottle of vodka in the venue
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:59 AM] dreamthieve: i was already pissed, then this on top of that
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:08 AM] crismas: wow...
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:10 AM] crismas: god ****nn
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:32 AM] dreamthieve: yep
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:34 AM] dreamthieve: this is coming out
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:37 AM] dreamthieve: cuz this is hurting my name
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:39 AM] dreamthieve: but
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:45 AM] dreamthieve: thank you for being honest
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:52 AM] dreamthieve: cuz my TO name was being slandered for no reason
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:52 AM] crismas: i know...yea...I agree, no one is sticking up for you
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:03:25 AM] dreamthieve: ty
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:03:26 AM] dreamthieve: <3

WHAT THE ****

I NEVER EVER SPOKE TO KWIII THAT WHOLE TOURNEY SO WHERE THE **** COULD SHE GET THAT FROM

SO NOW IM A LIER THIS IS JUST CRAZY

I NEVER CHANGED MY STORY IT WAS THE SAME MY DRIVER WK LOST HIS CAR KEYS I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ELSE SO STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH

if you have a problem with it go to kiwii cause obvious she just told plank what she said.

This is why you do not do stupid **** before a tourament

@rain - stop blaming brawl for wanting the same treatment. we will talk on aim about it.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Hmm...after Talking to Alex, I realized I may have come off the wrong way with my post.

I just get tired of the Elementary school "he did this so I'm gonna complain" nonsense. The two communities should let each other live. That's what I'm trying to say. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It did sound like that, but the apology is more than accepted. I was about to say, "After two days of Melee stream, how could you not expect the Brawlers to want some screen time?"

To be fair, I agree that it was important to stream the crew battles. I wish there were more livestreams, and I will make this happen at any future Melee/Brawl events I am a part of.

Also, someone said that Brawl isn't yet an established game. Sorry, but this is just false. Brawl has more tourneys, players, money moving, etc. I'm NOT saying it's better or worse, but I am saying it's established. Us Brawl players for the most part HAVE accepted the fact that Melee isn't dead. Only scrubs could possibly believe that. I'm just asking for respect.

And please don't look at me like a Brawl player trying to tell off Melee players. I snap HARDER at Brawl players who have disrespectful words towards Melee. I just want both communities to respect each other is all.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't understand at all why barlw and melee had to share a stream to begin with

the amount of overlap in the communities is just so tiny, there should've been separate streams for each from the start

frankly, aside from the whole money issue, i don't think barlw and melee should even share tournaments, much less streams

Ballistics

Smash Champion
i posted this in the thank you plank thread, but here it is again: pictures

shoutouts to:

my favorite DHC: holy crap our first national tournament!! let's get everyone to go to the next one! hawaii is awesome, and i love you guys so much <3 see you this friday XD

WA: eggz, silent wolf, toph, vish, ka-master, etc. etc. you guys are so funny and awesome XD it was so great to hang out with you guys at the venue/hotel/airport. when i come to wa, i'll let you guys know.

milktea/kiwi/cathy: you're honestly the first girl smashers i have ever met, and i wanted to thank you guys for the hugs/being so friendly with me. ^__^ <3 you guys

europeans: frick you guys are so hilarious, and i really want to hang out with you guys again. the euro smashers are seriously some of the nicest smashers i've ever met (first italy, and now netherlands and sweden). take care you guys, and visit me soon! thanks amsah for the coffee/zgetto for the fries too ^__^

vidjo: thanks for hanging out with me and my crewww and sorry about the number thing XD yayyy for being 21 too :3 now you know someone from hawaii as well ^___^

hugs: thanks for the talking about basically everything with us and being such a cool guy. i hope your hand feels better! i don't know if i massaged it well enough XD

falcomist: thanks so much for the sheik tips and all the friendlies we did. such a good coach XD i hope you guys bring norcal down to hawaii one day!

ss: thanks for taking all those pics with us ^__^ your falcon is so amazing to watch. i have a video of you and ka-master playing lol. oh, and thanks for the best hug ever XD

yoshi-timm: (i forgot your tag >__> sorry) thanks for the ride to the airport!! sorry we brought so many people.. lol starcraft/korean talks XD

my pool: dehf, you played the hardest falco i ever played in my life. ****kkkkkkk. chinesah, lol falcon on brinstar XD. pine, green greens!! psychofox, our matches were so close >___<. blind, did we even play??

everyone else i met/saw: thanks for the friendlies and everything ^__^ i was so nervous before coming to maryland, but the whole smash community is so welcoming and friendly. thanks so much for that you guys.

plank: i wanted to say thank you in person D: but you were so busy with everything. thanks so much for making my first national tournament one to remember. i'm so impressed by your t.o.-ing and how you kept everything under control. also thank you for arranging all the rides for us. you're such an incredible t.o., and i would love to come back for pound 5.

oh, and everyone, please don't come into our room when i'm sleeping next time >_____> so embarrassing.

by the way, it's like 80 degrees now <3

/shoutouts

edit: holy **** at my wall of text >__> sorry
Marry me!

I will be a good husband/falco, and a great father/fox to your children.

i don't understand at all why barlw and melee had to share a stream to begin with

the amount of overlap in the communities is just so tiny, there should've been separate streams for each from the start

frankly, aside from the whole money issue, i don't think barlw and melee should even share tournaments, much less streams
There were many people who would have liked to stream, however, VGBootCamp incorporated or whatever they are, decided that they were the only ones allowed to stream and told everyone else not to stream, so i hope that clears up any confusion you have.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It was not VG bootcamps fault. The venue itself said only one stream would be allowed. Please do not say things that are not true.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
no it does not. I remember plank telling me the situation beforehand about the venue only allowing 1 stream. Just because a TO rents a venue does not mean they do not have restrictions.

Lobos

Smash Master
Finally got a chance to get on my computer, will be uploading what video footage I got and putting it online today!

pockyD

Smash Legend
they negotiated for one stream from the venue

i don't know how it actually went down but i'd be at least a little surprised if they couldn't have negotated for two streams had they thought it necessary

i think the hangup was more against the whole "public access" type thing which would've involved 200 people hopping on the internet and clogging it up as opposed to restricting it specifically to one stream

Linguini

Smash Master
sick tournament! had a dopeeee *** time hanging out with all my peeps and meeting new ones haha.

gotta thank plank for organizing one of the best tournaments ive ever been to and congrats on the job man.

shoutouts later, there's way to many!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yup that was one thing bad about the tournamnet but regardless this was a fun experience.

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm not even sure what people are *****ing about but yall *****s is gay

pound 4 amazing......except for me not getting ANY CHIPOTLE!?!?!?

Good **** plank/tant/and everyone else that helped!

sorry i didnt play anyone who wanted to play me the last day, i really just wasnt up for it. =P

nice seeing everyone again/meeting everyone

im not going to do shoutouts, but i had a great time with everyone i hung out with

thank you plank

ill step it up next time hugo.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Well guys it was pretty fun. I left early the second night pretty uncharacteristically but it was worth it. It sucked that it didn;t make a difference whether or not I even went, placing wise. Friday was pretty rough. Stomach virus ftl. Congrats to me for even manning up and going. Man!! Biggest tourny ever and that happens ain't that a B! Welp what can ya do.

Cocaine cowboys
good **** fellas

mw-
ROFL

puerto rico
what up bubbleman first victim nothin baby stomach virus or not it doesnt matter baby!!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Awesome tourney, fun times. I got wrecked more than I expected but hey thats what happens. I'm surprised the tourney was able to run as smoothly as it did with so many people.

I wish I got to play more people, but I guess there is always Pound 5.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Zoap - You should probably shut the **** up with all the **** talk you directed @ HBox during GF. I'm all for ****-talk, dont mis-understand, but the fact that you talking so much **** to some1 who could probably 4-Stock you without giving much effort is laughable.
you sir, are dumb

ANYWAYS

this was an amazing tournament

im glad to have made it into bracket and lost to the best IC's of all time

and mother****in PC Chris!

this was well run plank, pound 5 incoming!?!?!?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
First of all, great tournament, lots of setups, interesting matches, awesome players, I really enjoyed myself and all hosts have done a great job hosting this. That being said, I would also like to know what exactly went wrong with the housing. I really don't want to add anything to the DQ situation or Plank's placing in the tournament since I don't know the details, but I had to spend about 100 dollars on extra hotel costs because of the airport pick-up thing/no housing on sunday and that bothers me. All I would like to know from Plank is why exactly the housing for the Dutch on sunday was cancelled last minute and if there is a chance of us (the seven Dutchies) getting (some of) that money back.

The problem with housing was that when I agreed to house everyone I was not living with my gf. She is really shy and has panic attacks when she is around a lot of people and even the FIVE people in our house for those days was creating a HUGE strain on our relationship. I did my best to help everyone the best I could who I couldn't house, but financially I cannot take that hit after all the other ones I have taken as well after this tournament. There was no malicious intent, I just didn't know the situation at my apartment was going to be as bad as it was until after the the dutchies were here and we had nonstop conflicts the ENTIRE week because she was so irritable and freaked out. I couldn't add all this last minute stress to figure something out for you guys to what I was already dealing with with the tourney drama, my gf, cleaning the venue, etc. I am sorry that it happened, and I don't want you guys to think I didn't care, I just felt I had already done way more than my share for way too many people and I just couldn't handle anymore.

The only thing that bugged me during the tournament were that some people I talked to were bragging that they didn't pay to get in (Spectators only). While I did. And I even preregistered.

Wish that was kept on top of, but I understand the circumstances, so I'm not angry. I can just make up that money when I work.

Easy.
Yeah, this was very disappointing to me too, trust me. I offered to let people pay spectator fee at the door because I trusted people, yet only a few people did pay for it at the door. This left me multiple hundred dollars shorter than I needed to be as well. It's a shame that people would rather collectively **** one person over who provided the tournament for them than pay $10 a piece to play and watch smash for the ENTIRE weekend.

I don't see how the venue could limited us in anyway! Plank rented the venue! Does that not give him access to use the venue's internet?
I had to push and pull to get the ONE stream. Could I have gotten another? Yeah, probably. But I have something you've obviously proven you don't in all the results threads: Respect for those doing something for you.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Shroomed, you're pretty dumb yourself. Sorry, but Reneblade is very correct in that aspect. Some ****talk is just plain disrespectful.

I was watching strawhat dahean play SS, and SS was up 3 to 1, and some guy standing right behind them while they're playing says "You came all the way from europe just to get three stocked." It was some random guy I'd never heard of, and I was just like, strawhat could kick your ***, why don't you just let them concentrate and watch two really good players play? How would you feel if I stood behind you while you were playing mango and said, man, Mango is ****ing 4 stocking you, you may have gotten to brackets in the biggest melee tourney ever, but who cares? Mango is ****** you, you should probably go home and cry because clearly you're *** at this game. It's not like two players trashtalking each other pregame and then duking it out, it's just some ***** who's way worse than either of the people playing insulting one or the other and being annoying.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey everyone nice tourney shoutouts inc soon.

few things learned:

SW makes tech skill videos in between peoples stocks.

I should never call soccer by that name again.

Im better at fox dittos than i thought.

fox still has a pulse in the metagame

algeria is gonna get ***** in the world cup

bubbleman was NOT dressed up as ness

VBM was the greatest troll SWF melee has seen

The fuel/desire to play increase from this was abundant in many smashers(at least i feel so).

Tantalus dosent know what "Im in a money match on the last stock means"

Dun be late

NYC smashers know how to ninja public trans(lol shuttle every morning)

USA chant effin blows. **** talk in general isnt rly cool. I dun wanna go to europe and get ***** via trash talk. I might have lost my voice being like the only one not from the MW cheering for drephen but like I never said anything negative. I know the following will never happen but, a good amount of silence during a match would be lovely.(saw a bit of that during darkrain vs zhu for one reason or another)

chipotle is still godly(kinda knew that already)

There is always room for improvement. I really dun expect huge tourneys like this to ever stop until they are executed with 99.99% precision. There were lots of gaps/faults at this tourney which I have no doubt will be improved upon next time. more on this later....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So what were the payouts?

1st:2000
2nd:1250
3rd:750
4th:250
5th:125
5th:125
7th:75
7th:75
9th:50
13th:40

Teams:

Melee Teams:

1st:1200
2nd:550
3rd:350
4th:200
5th:100
5th:100

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
@Chred
I saw the same thing happen when I was watching m2k vs over. Amazing set. M2k and over were both at the top of their game - except whenever over lost a stock some black guy standing near them would yell insulting **** at the Europeans (bc Amsah and Strawhat were next to over coaching him). It wasn't even funny. No one was laughing. Maybe if amsah and armada and their crew were d1cks then I'd understand. But they were awesome.

Although, Amsah was saying that over only lost to m2k because of the different sheik Up-b hitbox in NTSC. I mean come on amsah...;). I don't recall exactly, but he explained it to me and a few others right after the set.

Besides that though, I saw basically nothing but respect for the Europeans besides joking trash talk that was actually funny and not during the games

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hey everyone nice tourney shoutouts inc soon.

few things learned:

SW makes tech skill videos in between peoples stocks.

I should never call soccer by that name again.

Im better at fox dittos than i thought.

fox still has a pulse in the metagame

algeria is gonna get ***** in the world cup

bubleman was NOT dressed up as ness

VBM was the greatest troll SWF melee has seen

The fuel/desire to play increase from this was abundant in many smashers(at least i feel so).

Tantalus dosent know what "Im in a money match on the last stock means"

Dun be late

NYC smashers know how to ninja public trans(lol shuttle every morning)

USA chant effin blows. **** talk in general isnt rly cool. I dun wanna go to europe and get ***** via trash talk. I might have lost my voice being like the only one not from the MW cheering for drephen but like I never said anything negative. I know the following will never happen but, a good amount of silence during a match would be lovely.(saw a bit of that during darkrain vs zhu for one reason or another)

chipotle is still godly(kinda knew that already)

There is always room for improvement. I really dun expect huge tourneys like this to ever stop until they are executed with 99.99% precision. There were lots of gaps/faults at this tourney which I have no doubt will be improved upon next time. more on this later....
Self ran tournaments will always, ALWAYS have gaps and flaws. The only way to prevent that is for big companies to run tournaments. We do not have the supplies we need, and therefore, as TO's, need to rely on an unreliable community to supply us with things. On top of this it's extremely hard to keep organized when people take their **** over and over (this ruined our TV labelling system over and over) so really, the only way to fix this is to have like 50 setups for each game bought ahead of time. Full setups. But that costs way too much money.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
So...East coast has had one of these, West coast, and the south had winterfest.

MW where you at

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Self ran tournaments will always, ALWAYS have gaps and flaws.
guess this game will be around for a while then or at least until no one wants to TO

So...East coast has had one of these, West coast, and the south had winterfest.

MW where you at
winterfest was easily comparable to genesis and pound. They had like a million OOC players.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh, so, speaking of people taking ****... someone has my memory card and I have theirs...

mine has some tape on it that says either "Wesley Ruttle" or "Wes Ruttle" so I don't really see how someone could've F'ed that one up, but I don't particularly care. If whoever has it wants to swap back at w/e tourney we're next both at, that'd be cool, but I suppose since this one has all of Melee unlocked, I'm not too hung up on it.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Huge props to the europeans for coming here to play this game.

i really hope they enjoyed themselves cuz at some points in the weekend i couldnt help but feel bad for them. They were in a seriously anti-european environment and had to put up with some really dumb **** by some disrespectful players after they spent all the money to get here.

i hope that they had a great time and enjoyed themselves and didnt leave pound with any negative opinion just because of the idiocy of a few.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lucky: God**** you, you dare to comeback vs me!? I'll get you next time!!
Armada: Ya I pretty much got straight up *****, oh well.. GG =P
VBM: *Shakes head* My mindgames won't work eh? lol. If ever we meet again, we need to play, I had to leave early Day 3 since my fellow Canadians didn't want to play anymore.
Mango: Kage, where you at? Well I was in the US and got owned. That's all there is to it. Grats for winning!

I'll continue shouting out later.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I was the one talking smack while Strawhat was playing SS. Maybe the rest of the country has no balls, because on the West Coast we **** talk on everything. It's not meant to be serious, it's just part of game. Yes, I'd get ***** by Strawhat, but I also get ***** by 75%+ of the smash community [and just lose to the rest] so whatever. If you don't like what I say thats fine, but it isn't meant to be disrespectful and is all in good fun [from my perspective].

As for Zoap's **** talk, it's probably the funniest and generally 'meanest' I've ever heard. But, Zoap is genuinely one of the nicest guys on the West Coast and we all know that what he says isn't meant to be an attack.

As for the USA cheer:
After Genesis, I remember talking to a bunch of people about the USA chant. At least a couple of those people thought it was disrespectful to Armada, something I don't really understand. No one complained about the South [and others] cheering "Stack it Up" when PP was playing. I get that USA vs Europe is a much bigger size difference then say the South vs Cali [PP vs Lucky], but either way its one region expressing pride and trying to support their brethren.

There's no doubt that Mango used his 'homefield' advantage to help win Pound. That's not anything new, as I'm sure being in their home regions helped PC beat Ken back at MLG New York 2006 and Ken take the crown back in Anaheim. To me, that is just the nature of tournaments.

Top Bottom