• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Got back at PR. Really nice tournament and all. Im tired as **** and Im now heading for class... :/ Ill leave some shouts later. Grats to everyone!

17. HDL + Eval - ****!!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So glad everyone had a good time for the most part!

If you won money PM me with your address and real name so I can write you a check. Checks will be out within 1-2 weeks.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Ima just shoutout my hotel room cuz it was pretty fun and ****.

Cactuar - Nice actually getting to converse wit you, I've been listening to Ke$ha non stop

Hax$ - I'm mad you lost to armada and didn't find my bag, you suck. lol

Tag$ - You need to step your game up or some ****

THX - We suck

Iro Bot (Zeke) - SHOW ME YA MOVES!

DJ - That Snes **** is **** and you carry wayyyyy too much **** in your pockets

Now other shoutouts

Everlasting Yayyuhz - I never got to tell you who I was but I was the white kid that you were wandering around the hotel with as well as DJ and THX, you're a mad funny guy and I'm glad I got to meet you.

Hugs - Didn't really talk to you except for by the computer when you showed us that funny *** post on facebook and it was great

Jman - The whole situation sucks with all the things being said on both sides but don't worry, you got this **** next time.

PC Chris - Polish smashers yayyuhz

D1- Definitely loved the whole tournament mad hard

NY (Alukard, G$, Hazz, Reno, WK, Benny) - **** as always, good seeing you guys

HBK - Jets are taking the superbowl

Hungrybox - Nice to know one of the top players is a nice guy

M2K - Don't get discouraged by all this :[

My pool

S-man - Nice meeting you, fun matches.

Mikemoney - Sucks you didn't make it out but good matches

Blazing - Your link is sooo legit, such a close set

and last but not least

Plank: Thanks for running an awesome tournament and giving the smash community the biggest tournament of all time.

If I missed anyone then I sincerely apologize.

Edit: IF ANYONE FOUND A BAG FILLED WITH CLOTHES INCLUDING RED PAJAMAS AND A BLUE PLAID SHIRT PLZ LET ME KNOW! MY ZUNE SYNC CABLE AND CAMERA BATTERY CHARGER WERE IN THERE! :[

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the jman situation, I remember a lot of people thinking he just overslept before he actually got to the venue since no one could actually get in contact with him. A lot of ppl told me he slept in. However, when he did get to the venue. I found out what actually happened straight from him and warriorknight who came with him. Also when I told others what really happened most ppl were surprises because they were under the impression that he overslept.

Point is that he never actually told anyone anything about sleeping in. That was just what people thought before he got there.

Vain

Smash Journeyman
=)

The Pools for Melee are incomplete. Round 3 singles is basically empty so the points cannot be tallied nor is there a nice big old list like the Brawl Results has.
The All is Brawl Round 3 pools singles still needs editing.
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7348

Wondering if TheTantalus can do what he did for Brawl here with posting the Pools in the results page.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261884

Edit: Are the Melee Double pools anywhere? :(?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay...a few things before shoutouts

1.) The Jman thing is just over. It shouldn't have gotten as far as it did. The whole thing should have ended a long time ago. Please stop.

2.) Brawl players need to stop acting like they're so innocent. I've gone over this plenty of times. They give just as much, if not more than they get. They did whine first, and they did it while over half the venue was enjoying Melee matches. (Brawl players included.) Now...you guys got the most important matches streeamed. This is over..end...enough. The difference between Brawl and Melee? Brawl can have ALL their matches recorded because of replays. Please stop already.

3.) Melee players...stop giving back when you get crap. If something bothered you...oh well. This isn't Elementary school. Shrug it off and don't ruin a good thread with bickering that's so old it's pointless. When you start bringing up the past that makes you just as guilty. You're not all innocent, either.

The most important thing is that this tournament was amazing. Don't EVER forget that. It doesn't matter what minor things went down. The tournament was great and Plank with his crew did an awesome job.

I'll post Shoutots when I'm feeling a little better.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Yea, seriously everyone should just drop the whole DQ thing. You can't change the past. What's done is done. I just don't want people thinking it was Jman's fault or that he was late on purpose.

Great tournament, Plank.

Shoutouts later.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been @ pound4 but i was following
the live stream all the time. It pretty much felt like i was there ^^
So: Thanks Plank for organising the biggest Tournament of all
time!!!! Epic moment of smash history.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
wow most amazing tourney ever........

but yea guys i know i was poking fun at the brawl players since i knew most of them :D about how brawl wasnt on the live stream but seemed alot of them didnt care lol ......

but brawl players needed to bring more setups like having 28 setups for brawl wasnt enough and thats why melee players on the 2nd and 3rd day still had alot of friendlies going on ....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont want any more talk about the DQ situation. we all know what happened and why and whichever side of the fence you are on, its okay, we just need to move on.

i do want to clear up kiwi's name though. she had church in the morning so there was some miscommunication, she was NOT in the room w/ jman. also she knew who broke the bottle but it wasn't her, and she asked them to clean it up and they did so whoever it was although I wish you guys didn't enter a building you werent supposed to be in and smash a giant handle of rum on the floor, thank you very much for taking care of it on your own. i appreciate it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thank you sooooo much for hosting this tournament, Plank. I had a good time squandering at it. =p

Seriously though, this was an amazing tournament and I'm extremely happy I got to go. Thanks to everyone who showed up and made Pound so awesome.

I'll do shoutouts later today or tomorrow.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dude this tournament was absolutely amazing!

So many people to do shoutouts to so I'll just narrow down most of them.
Everyone was freakin awesome and legit!
Plank = too good
VGBootCamp = too legit
Alex Strife - Funny and great

SleepyK - thanks for making my brothers and my magic tricks the first pound 4 video uploaded haha.
Thumbs - find the dime man! Lol great time

Anyone who we did magic tricks on thanks for the fun reactions.

Europe crew - you all were so cool. And Adam and Amsah. Next tme I see you I will pronounce Ui (onions!)

AZ crew - too good

Everyone was too cool lol. My list would end up being about 100 people long and I don't have enough time for that right now =[ so more shout outs to come later.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
awesome tourney! shoutouts later? thanks to everyone who made this, you all made it so memorable. and of course biggest thanks to plank for all the work and stress that he went through to make the best melee tourney happen!

Animal

Smash Lord
that list of singles is probally the most stacked i ever seen. hax$ good **** and m2k keep playing melee you should have beat armada.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i thought i uploaded round 3 pools to TIO. ill try to load it again here soon and see if someone confirms it!

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Greatest tournament ever.

Shoutouts:

Plank: Your TO skills are amazing and this melee was ran professionally. It was fun being the only person rooting for you against HDL and thanks for that amazing hug afterwards ;). It sucks that you've gotten so much **** for the DQ'ing and people thinking you rigged the brackets. Would you like the USA vs EU crew battle results for the first post?

Rei's Room: You guys are mad gay/awesome/too goodz. Glad i got to share the room with you homos all weekend. Korn and EE should be comedians lol.

MD/VA:
Omni,Neo,SexySlimdude829,Greg,KM,Wife,Husband : Just seeing all of you at a tournament was a great boost and it reminded me of early 2007 when you guys dominated the tourney scene and it sucks that none of you entered Melee Singles.

HungryBox: Coolest OoS smasher ive ever met, and that picture of us in the Hotel room right before you beat Drunken ADHD in a friendly was mad sexy.

Vidjo: Thanks for talking to us at Ihop when we asked you those questions. You may have been drunk and probably dont remember lol.

Team USA: Good Job ****** Europe, it was fun cheering you guys on and making them gargle your mayonnaise.

Hax: Your a cool kid and i was sure you had that match against Armada.

ChuDat: Hopefully you dont think im a stalker since i was cheering you on for the majority of your bigger matches lol.

Pool 1:

Darc: Your a cool guy and you completley tossed my salad even though i got the 2nd seed lol.
Crio: Good Matches
Tubes: Pretty decent Falcon, had me worried during the set.
Captain Jadde: Good ****, I didnt know what to expect from a european shiek and im glad i got to face you.

Pool2:

Kage: **** what an amazing G-Dorf. I did alot better than i thought i would by only getting 2 stocked in both matches XD.
Shroomed: Great Doc and you just read me like a book lol.
Chinessah: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- you hard, lol jk. I took a match off your marth and then you change to fox and just **** me. You eliminated my chance for 3rd round but im glad it was someone from MD/VA going.
Toph: Amazing set and i kinda felt bad for beating you afterwards when you looked at the screen and said your chances were gone for 3rd round.
Moogle: another close set, just like chinessah you beat me in fox dittos after the first round loss making me realize i need to be better at the matchup.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
shoutoutttss

SwiftBass, D20, Taki and the other guysin that room- had a great time playing with you guys sunday night and we talked mad ish and had lots of laughs. nice to meet you all.

Stratford- fun playign and rooming with you. maybe we'll meet again.

Solar- our drunk mm was so funny. "invincibility from the ledge!!! that something brawl doesnt have!! *** brawl i want invincibility!" hilarious. haha fun playing with you

Axe- loved playign your pika. ftilt -> tailspike should be banned.

Taj- mewtwo challenge is way to fun.

raynex, unknown, i.b, kk and sanuzi- nice seeing you all and chilling. sorry about the confusion with who was staying where on sunday night lol but i guess everything worked out

Plank- amazing tourny, i appreciate everything you've done for the community in hosting the biggest tourny ever. thank you.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
First big tourny ever - and now I am going to go to SMYM and many more due to the greatness of Pound!

Thanks to all the people who helped me improve, KirbyKaze, IB, Banks, and a few others.

More specific shoutouts later today after class.

How come there were so many cool people at this tourny?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I will do real shout outs when I am not on my Iphone but man did i love this event, no complaints here. PP lived up to his hype lol, I went there thinking he was overrated n that was not the case

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The only thing that bugged me during the tournament were that some people I talked to were bragging that they didn't pay to get in (Spectators only). While I did. And I even preregistered.

Wish that was kept on top of, but I understand the circumstances, so I'm not angry. I can just make up that money when I work.

Easy.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Tooo much fun, The falcon tourney was the main event though, **** WAS TOOOOOOOO HYPED, I was literally on the verge of tears during SS vs Hax$.

Shout-Outs:

NM Twins - Tourneys are gonna be lame without you guys around being funny and being all-around awesome d00ds.

Lovage - You're awesome. The amount of flash you play with is worthy of a Falcon main, thanks for spending some time on my friend and I. Hope I get to play you again sometime in the future so I can give you a challenge. YOU MADE IT INTO BRACKETS AT THE BIGGEST MELEE TOURNEY EVER!!! GOOD ****!!!

Hax$ - You made it in the $$$ at the biggest tourney ever, you got nothing to be ashamed of my brother. Thanks for the tip and the MM. <3 my Falcon main Brethren.

Mang0 - You can't from this Falcon Ditto forever!

Darkrain - ****, what can I say? Won the Falcon Tourney... 2nd Place in teams... Finished in the money in Singles...Why are you so good?

JeffSpectre - Most entertaining smasher to watch bar none. You and Darkrain in teams....OMFG. After you guys won your first bracket match I was like "best team ever" to anyone who would listen, then you guys actually took 2nd!!!

Ka-Master - thanks for the MM, probably the most Chilled out Smasher I've ever ran into. Keep it up!

KirbyKaze - You're pretttttty funny, I wanna be at the wedding!

M2K - Dont quit. You were like 2% away from beating Hbox in Winners Semi's, + he gave you 2 super-gimps in that same match. You can and will do it.

HBox - I didn't forget about you, Keep your chin up my man. You got scary amounts of better between Winterfest and This.

Zoap - You should probably shut the **** up with all the **** talk you directed @ HBox during GF. I'm all for ****-talk, dont mis-understand, but the fact that you talking so much **** to some1 who could probably 4-Stock you without giving much effort is laughable.

NorCal - Thanks for the fun night @ IHOP

Dr. PP - Told you you were gonna run through losers

Axe - You're too cool man, good **** in Brackets.

Thumbs - <3 Ill be better next time.

Plank - How foolish am i for forgetting the ****ing TO?!?!? You ATLEAST deserve everyone's respect for running this monster even if they disagree with the whole M2K/JMan thing.

VBM - Best troll ever, I really wish you had made it into brackets so you could rub everyones face in it. "VIRUS BLUE MAGE, *****ES!"

I probably forgot atleast 1 person, Ill edit this later and put them in.

Pakpak

Smash Cadet
i posted this in the thank you plank thread, but here it is again: pictures

shoutouts to:

my favorite DHC: holy crap our first national tournament!! let's get everyone to go to the next one! hawaii is awesome, and i love you guys so much <3 see you this friday XD

WA: eggz, silent wolf, toph, vish, ka-master, etc. etc. you guys are so funny and awesome XD it was so great to hang out with you guys at the venue/hotel/airport. when i come to wa, i'll let you guys know.

milktea/kiwi/cathy: you're honestly the first girl smashers i have ever met, and i wanted to thank you guys for the hugs/being so friendly with me. ^__^ <3 you guys

europeans: frick you guys are so hilarious, and i really want to hang out with you guys again. the euro smashers are seriously some of the nicest smashers i've ever met (first italy, and now netherlands and sweden). take care you guys, and visit me soon! thanks amsah for the coffee/zgetto for the fries too ^__^

vidjo: thanks for hanging out with me and my crewww and sorry about the number thing XD yayyy for being 21 too :3 now you know someone from hawaii as well ^___^

hugs: thanks for the talking about basically everything with us and being such a cool guy. i hope your hand feels better! i don't know if i massaged it well enough XD

falcomist: thanks so much for the sheik tips and all the friendlies we did. such a good coach XD i hope you guys bring norcal down to hawaii one day!

ss: thanks for taking all those pics with us ^__^ your falcon is so amazing to watch. i have a video of you and ka-master playing lol. oh, and thanks for the best hug ever XD

yoshi-timm: (i forgot your tag >__> sorry) thanks for the ride to the airport!! sorry we brought so many people.. lol starcraft/korean talks XD

my pool: dehf, you played the hardest falco i ever played in my life. ****kkkkkkk. chinesah, lol falcon on brinstar XD. pine, green greens!! psychofox, our matches were so close >___<. blind, did we even play??

everyone else i met/saw: thanks for the friendlies and everything ^__^ i was so nervous before coming to maryland, but the whole smash community is so welcoming and friendly. thanks so much for that you guys.

plank: i wanted to say thank you in person D: but you were so busy with everything. thanks so much for making my first national tournament one to remember. i'm so impressed by your t.o.-ing and how you kept everything under control. also thank you for arranging all the rides for us. you're such an incredible t.o., and i would love to come back for pound 5.

oh, and everyone, please don't come into our room when i'm sleeping next time >_____> so embarrassing.

by the way, it's like 80 degrees now <3

/shoutouts

edit: holy **** at my wall of text >__> sorry

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
All disagreements aside, I am truly glad that plank hosted such a ****** tournament for the good of the community, I truly thank him even though I was unable to make it, just because it was that important to every smasher.

D20

Smash Lord
Shout outs!!!

Mango: Congratulations... again.

HBox: I was rooting for you! Keep traveling. Keep ******.

M2K: I loved watching all of your sets. Don't quit Melee... we <3 you.

Armada: You were the only person to four-stock me... GGs.

The Dutch: It was awesome hanging out with you guys at the hotel... and talking about soccer (err... football).

Swiftbass: You are my favorite Fox! Pittsburgh misses you!

Drephen: You are my favorite Sheik! Pittsburgh loves you!

BigD: I loved the ****** lumberjack look you had going.

Vidjogamer: Way to come back to Melee! Your set with RaynEX was so intense.

Zhu: I was getting so upset because there was this scrub that kept two-stocking me in friendlies. Then I looked at this dude's name tag and saw the word Zhu... it explained a lot.

Pakman: I love chatting with you in between matches.

ihavespaceballs: Crazy Samus! I have never seen even half of those tricks before!

Wife: You do an amazing job with commentating. You are such a professional.

Husband: If you are ever in Pittsburgh again, let us know! Super Smash Friday needs you!

Taj: ****ing Shadowsteps and Deadly Throws… Mewtwo needs a nerf. See you in the World!

Jash: Play melee.

Ka-Master: I enjoyed our matches so much. It was awesome to play you. I panicked so much when you were on the offensive.

Vudujin: Way to get to the third round of pools!

TheLake: Low tiers for life.

Sanuzi: You got me.

Hazzard: I’m pretty sure you are the coolest smasher in the world. You wrecked me in pools.

Soap: We suck.

TRC: I think I might have caught whatever you had. Having three Young Link players on one screen was too good.

Rhan: So many bombs! GGs.

Quaz: We wander around too much.

KirbyKaze: I’ve got so much <3 for you.

JPOBS: Thanks for keeping us company!

PockyD: It was great to see you again! Plenty of good memories!

Renth: I’m glad we got to play a billion matches after not seeing each other in years. Keep that Ganon fresh!

Everyone that rode in my car: Thanks for making the trip awesome.

To everyone I forgot: GGs! There were so many of them! I'll be sure to edit this post accordingly as I remember people.

Plank: Way to make this happen. You are truly the best. I am willing to help out in any way I can for *Pound* 5.

In case anyone was wondering: I was the guy that played blue Young Link, and I looked pretty much like the guy in my avatar.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Here are the results of Europe vs USA:

USA EUROPE
32 32

DR.PP beats Strawhat 30 28

Renan beats Dr.PP 28 26

KA Master beats Renan 27 24

Amsah beats KA Master 24 22

Jman beats Amsah 22 20

Zgetto beats Jman 20 18