• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

K 2

Smash Lord
Just so you guys know, you can land on the guns and stand on that area. This is helpful in recovering sometimes. Just don't stay there too long or you will be vaporized by the guns.

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #7: Pokemon Stadium 1

Ahh, this week is Pokemon Stadium 1. We need to discuss all the transformations, so be sure to stage which transformation you are talking about.

Some more pics:

Fire

Water

Earth/Rock

Grass

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Character counterpicks:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
idk much about this stage... KLo did her best against me on this stage though so I think Pikachu does pretty good here.

Masky

Smash Master
thunderjolt goes a REALLY far distance on this stage for some reason, at least on the Earth/Rock transformation

also qacing onto the windmill is kinda fun

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Ugh, as a rule, I hate this stage. I have a friend who will just camp on the left side during the Earth/Rock phase. He plays Ness, so any tjolts I send his way will only heal him. Meanwhile, he won't hesitate to spam PK Thunder.

Kroova

Smash Rookie
If you can camp on the left during the fire and earth/rock stages, it's pretty decent; if you're playing someone like Ness or Lucas who can absorb your projectiles and even camp you back... it's not so decent.

Aside from that, the stage is pretty nice. Lots of room to QAC on normal, water, and grass. Really nice against chain grabbers since there are lots of small platforms and slanted angles and how stage changes breaks the grabs.

Oh, and it's a pokemon stage :p

Edit:
Fire:
Pros:
Semi-camp on left side
Dtilt Lock
Cons:
Below the left branch = bunch of weird locks

Water
Pros:
Can easily QAC around and take advantage of windmill
Cons:
Thunder blocked by many platforms

Earth/Rock
Pros:
Camp on left
Dtilt lock in middle
Cons:
Locks in middle =/

Grass
Pros:
QAC QAC
Cons:
Platforms blocking thunder?

Nromal
Pros:
Flat and long = easy QACs
Cons:

All
Pros:
Weird edges and many shorts platforms
Tjolt travels well for camping, controlling
Utilt goes through stage near edge
Cons:
Weird edges and many shorts platforms

K 2

Smash Lord
Ugh, as a rule, I hate this stage. I have a friend who will just camp on the left side during the Earth/Rock phase. He plays Ness, so any tjolts I send his way will only heal him. Meanwhile, he won't hesitate to spam PK Thunder.
Hey, were you at TILT? I saw this pikachu named Cam yesterday.

Can you guys use a more orderly format?

i.e.

Fire:

Pros:
dtilt lock
tjolt can travel along the irregular surfaces

Water:

Cons:
Platforms and windmill may hinder thunder.

I would greatly appreciated it if you guys would use a format similar to that. It will make it MUCH easier for me to discern between each transition and it will make it much easier for me to write the summary. For the character counterpicks, we have to consider all the transitions as a whole, not as individual transitions.

Thanks.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Contrary to Pika Cam, I <3 this stage.

The neutral form of this stage is excellent for QAC and combos, and the various transformations still allow you to use mindgames and make good use of t-jolts.
The irregular structures and such can be maneuvered through quickly due to Pikachu's speed and cause problems for your opponents.

K 2

Smash Lord
The irregular shape may hinder pika's CG on many characters.

This stage has a lip, which seems to gimp Marth a ton.

K 2

Smash Lord
I'm planning to do Weegee's mansion after PS 1. What stages do you guys want to do after that?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pros
Beginning transformation:

Flat so CGs are possible
Lip can gimp many characters, and can also let you attack through them to get away from the pressure
Platforms encourage comboes

Fire:

The little notch in the tree is 100% guaranteed jab lock the entire time. If you hit them down in there, you jab lock until the stage transforms again.
If you are winning, go to one side of the stage. The opponent will have to come for you
3 places to D-tilt lock
Many places to QAC to and across

Water:
Windmill comboes
Platforms mess up other characters more than you
Windmill can save you from strong hits. Make sure to DI into it and try to tech

Grass:

Top platform makes U-smash kills very easy.
Tech chasing on platforms makes pika a happy camper

Rock:

4 Places to Jab lock infinite
2 places to D-tilt lock
If winning, you can stall out with T-jolts
From top platform, T-jolts wrap around the whole rock (from right to left)
If you are in the pit, thunder can hit most people trying to come down

Cons

First transformation:

Platforms can be hit through my people with good range, so beware landing on them
Lip can catch you if you don't QA at the right angle
No shielding from projectiles

Fire:

If you are losing, you will be forced to approach, which is a position pika does NOT wanna be in
Characters with disjointed hitboxes hit through trees
Beware people's wall locks

Water:

Beware windmill comboes
People can hit through windmill
Platforms can get you comboed

Grass:

Weird platform positioning can get you hit
People who are good when opponents are above them flourish here
Don't get gimped off the top

Rock:
Easy wall locks
Easy camping
If losing, opponent can force you to them

K 2

Smash Lord
Anyone else want to add anything?

Any particular character counterpicks on this stage?

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah. dont fight snake/falco here. play marth here. the edges can gimp marth and the space as well as the various changes make this a great pika stage. idk about olimar. never played one here. i would say no to playing olimar here. as for ROB...i would say yes. go for it.

K 2

Smash Lord
Why not snake/falco/ROB?

I only see the stage transformation has a hinderance to falco's lasers.

K 2

Smash Lord
Uhh...What stages do you want to discuss after Luigi's Mansion (I'm about to put up that thread soon)? Can you guys give me a list of a few CP stages that you want to discuss? Perhaps any stage you particularly like/dislike.

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #8: Luigi's Mansion

spooky...

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Character Counterpicks:

Discuss Away!

K 2

Smash Lord
Ban this.

That's all that needs to be said. No need to discuss strategy, just ban this. Simply that.

gallax

Smash Hero
now wait just a minute...lets be calm about this. we know this is a bad level. but is also a bad level for another char and would that work in pikas favor? thats what we need to be asking.

Do NOT EVER PLAY HERE: Snake/Marth/Olimar/DK/Tink/Mario/Luigi(duh its named after him...lol)

Lets think about some chars who might hate this stage:

Gaw/Peach/DDD/ROB/Lucario

GaW: I have a lot of experience vs this one. And experience has taught me that this level is great for fighting gaw. His usmash CANNOT kill you when the house is standing and when you are on the bottom floor. His dsmash can be teched since you will more than likely be hitting the cieling and the floor before you go off the stage. It makes gaw have to fight a close up battel...which make this way in pikas favir since we have the better ground game. I like this level against the 2d dude.

Lucario: The reason i say we may want to choose this against lucario is that they love to use their airiels and the cilieng can help keep their game on the ground which benefits us greatly. plus you can always stay near a pillar if lucario has a charged shot.

DDD: Almost the same reasons for DDD. The wall of pain is harder to pull off here. DDD's airiels are done here when the mansion is up. ALso his waddles less effective here due to a cieling and pillar(s). DDD has to stay grounded for the waddles to go farther.Combine that with a shorter horizontal kill range from the stage i like this so a fsmash can kill easier.

ROB: just speculating but his projectiles are hurt way more than ours here. i may be wrong though. discuss this.

Peach: seems like a good idea. lol. we can juggle her easier here which helps a lot.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
honestly my personal play style in this stage is to force the jab lock. no joke lol. it........works. it can force them to the center, and force them to hang out there. good usmash/utilt thunder bait. if you HAVE to play a char here that *****, bring down all but half of the house. dont even touch the top. make them break it the rest of the way and capitlise. your ideal kill move is ftilt since it is not often di'd properly. the columns absorb tshocks (bad) but slow down attacks and gives them VERY deceptive hitboxes. fsmash and dsmash ****. also remember that the columns can be used to refresh attacks (or stale them). use this to your advantadge. ways to get people into jab lock- Uthrow, most ideal but easy to tech. utilt/usmash easy to di but rarely teched. if they DO tech jump nair. i will add more if i think of anything. THIS good enough for you galax? O.o

EDIT: yes E i think it is, at least for me. it interrupts my personal play style. the thing is- even with the jab lock, can you think of a worse stage? i honestly cant.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ROB does great on Mansion. His Laser goes through pillars and bounce even more crazy so its even worse since you can't get out of the laser's way making it unpublishable. And ROB is a camp prince on this stage (MK beats him to it)

G&W o_O I can't see why he is bad here, K 2 probably can determine this better though.

DDD: ?? I think he might like that is little room for his long range. Plus he lives forever times 4.

Just no, either use your 2ndary here or straight out ban this stage. (OR live in NJ, its banned here)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ok i was wondering if his laser went through. hes a no then. but i still like gaw and DDD on this.
What are the chances of them counterpicking this stage? NONE!! (Unless they are .. not knowledgeable)

So yea... We aren't picking this stage just for them cause we have much more better stages.

Still knowing how to fight on the stage is important. Unless you plan to just use a 2ndary.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Lol, I once 2 stocked a Peach on this stage. 0_o
I used those pillars to my advantage. I'd attack and whatnot, and back off so I'm right on it. They chase thinking,"Yes, he's outside, I'll kill him easier there." Move out of the way so their attack hits the pillar, and punish.
It was surprisingly easy to do against that peach. Not sure if it is a safe strategy for everyone, but it works for me.

Also, this stage is about stage control and positioning. I find it great to allow half of the stage to be demolished while allowing at least the bottom half of the opposite side still standing. It's great for when you're at higher percentages. If they try to destroy the building, stop them, free damage. If they chase you, use your thunder then they're above, or tjolt when below to limit their options. If you get hit vertically, you won't die because of it's ceiling. Stay to the inside of the stage to live longer from horizontal attacks.

Keeping that last part of the building alive is crucial, this prevents the whole building from respawning. (Duh) So depending on the matchup of course, lure them away from it, especially because this stage is tall and flat without the house. (Great for pika ^^')
That wierd little platform on the side of the demolished house can be used in different ways. Like if I hit the opponent far, and they're coming back, I get on it and tjolt, FHFFtjolt, DJtjolt, and just jump off with a tjolt > QAC to keep them guessing. I do various kinds, and it's surprsingly worked on a good number of people.

I've got to go, so I'll write more of my opinions later.

Definately not a good stage, but you still have to work with what you got. Am I right?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
The problem with this stage is that it utterly ruins the momentum and combos and even thunders that a Pikachu can normally use in battle.
It slaps in the face everything that makes Pikachu, Pikachu.
Just ban it.

K 2

Smash Lord
G&W o_O I can't see why he is bad here, K 2 probably can determine this better though.
G&W isn't that good here. He doesn't have any GTFO me moves and he doesn't like tight spaces. His godly usmash can't kill you easily on this stage, since the ceilings are so high and you can tech the ceiling if you're on the first floor. G&W's general strategy (against a character with spammable moves, such as tornado, or robs/pikachus dsmash) is to break down 1/2 or 3/4 of the house and to fight his opponent from there. This is definately one of G&W's three worst stages.

You might want to scroll down to the bottom and read what I have written for the G&W stage discussion. Some of the stuff might apply to pikachu.

Official G&W Stage Discussion

gallax

Smash Hero
uhuh...just like is said. the experienced pika who plays gaw and who said that gaw hates this stage just as much as we do was just proven right. thank you. (head gets bigger)

on a more serious note though...gaw really does hate this stage and pika ***** him here. it is a legit choice.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I just played a few matches vs. Ussi on Weegee's Mansion yesterday, and all I can say is... I DEFINITELY agree with breaking down 1/2 of the house. The increased breathing room and ability to tjolt freely will make your life so much easier.

If you can't destroy parts of the house.... well, pretty much everything has been said.

I highly recommend abusing the pillars to extend the lengths of time that your hitboxes are out (especially the disjointed ones), but don't go overboard with it and only do it when you're absolutely sure you're safe from punishment if you miss. Hitting Ike with a surprise delayed fsmash = good. Missing and being stuck in your fsmash animation while Ike is doing his own fsmash behind you = NOT good.

Also, if you bother to learn jab locking, you'll find a surprising number of opportunities to do it on this stage. I wasn't even trying to set it up, and there were a lot of moments I (almost) wished I had practiced it. If your opponent is godly at teching, I guess you're out of luck, but the chances that someone will tech properly 100% of the time on this stage are slim to none. If you utilt, upthrow, and/or usmash enough, I'm willing to guarantee they'll end up on their back at some point.

Still, my opinion is to ban this stage. It was interesting to play on it but really frustrating as well.... it just doesn't fit Pika's playstyle at all. There are other stages I hate, but I would take a million BFs and Lylats over LM.

Top Bottom