• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

K 2

Smash Lord
I heard DK does really well here. He has three spikes, the lava helps his recovery, and the blastzone compliment his powerful smashes. Down B also covers most of the bottom platform.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pros
Short blast zones everywhere for easy kills off the top and sides
Pikachu can go under brinstar to get away from pressure
The little connectly thingy and balls will make your hitbox last longer
Little ball things can refresh moves (uair through them)
Lava comboes = sex

Cons
Short Blast zones + lightweight = dead pika
Lava can hinder gimps with uair
F-throw CG are elminated for the most part
QAC not as effective here because of slopes and the smallness of the stage
Platforms are weird

Overall
Mediocre stage for pikachu. Be very wary of the blast zones, for you WILL die early. However, get your opponent in u-tilt or u-smash thunder and you will love everything. It really depends on the character you are fighting.
Characters to avoid: DK, ZSS, Snake, Ike, Kirby. If you are fighting DK, BAN THIS LEVEL NO MATTER WHAT. This is more important than banning BF. This was my CP that worked on everybody but one person in yesterday's tournament. If you pick up DK, go here every time, its sexy ;)

gallax

Smash Hero
well if im fighting a DK i would be more liable to ban luigis mansion. at least you can tjolt the **** out of DK here.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Brinstar is DK's best level. Trust me, ban this against DK. You can destroy the house if you want on luigi's and then fight him on open ground. Here...you just get *****.

gallax

Smash Hero
ok. so brinstar=fin amazin DK. what about lucas and ness? close in and they can pkfire us to death. then with the powerful throws and good airiel game. i don think i would want to fight them here.

i would like to fight ROB here though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Despite Brinstar being amazing for DK, I STILL LOST to a Snake here with DK. Fricking C4 is just too much here.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How about, don't use as a CP, but know how to fight on here type of stage. (Or use a 2ndary [DK and Snake are both good here])

K 2

Smash Lord
G&W dies at like 115% from the lava. There are better G&W stages, if you're looking for short ceilings and sides.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thank you, K 2! <3

Wow, I didn't know you could go through the bottom of this stage, lol. That really shows how little I know about it.....

Do you guys think it's better to leave the stage whole or try to break it apart for the extra ledges & space?

K 2

Smash Lord
I usually leave the stage whole while I'm fighting, but if I can (my opponent is respawning, or he is sent really far away), I just jab the middle section to try to break it up. The problem is that it comes back together really quickly. I wouldn't go out of my way to break apart the stage (unlike on LM, in which it is VITAL to bring down at least half the house), but if I can, I prefer to have the extra space to camp/QAC.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I've never intentionally fought here, and I do not ever plan to. The critically low ceiling compounded with short left and right blast zones make pikachu's light weight even more a negative factor than usual.
Pikachu's t-jolt gets stopped by the egg-like things on the floor and the platforms can help many characters more than it helps Pikachu.

Pikachu's thunder CAN **** here due to the low ceiling. I would recommend breaking up the stage when you can to give yourself more playing room *unless* you're fighting a campy player.

All in all, this stage isn't god awful but don't CP it.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
I would rather discuss Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Norfair, and Distant Planet(i REALLY want to discuss this one).

But this thread has been a great help. Keep up the god work. :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gotcha.

This was helpful. I never liked playing on Brinstar, but I wasn't sure if I just wasn't doing it right or if it really wasn't a good stage for Pika.

I still can't believe someone actually CP'd it on me, though, lol.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry I'm so behind on stage discussions. I've been so busy lately. I had to stay up to 1:30 in the morning trying to finish my homework. I'll get caught up soon.

I want to do norfair next. We can do distant planet after that.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Final Destination is a great place to set up thunder. You can spam it all you want without much trouble (Depending on the amount of players or what items may be on the stage.)

Pretty good discussion. Good for the pika newbs. Do Norfair next.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yesssss!!! Norfair is my magic juju stage..... I always do so well there. :bee:

gallax

Smash Hero
Final Destination is a great place to set up thunder. You can spam it all you want without much trouble (Depending on the amount of players or what items may be on the stage.)

Pretty good discussion. Good for the pika newbs. Do Norfair next.
lol. i dont know if you are trying to say if you are a noob or if the discussion was good for noobs or both!!

and spamming thunder on FD can be punished if you do not wave bounce it.

K 2

Smash Lord
Imagine Anther and his ledgecamping...on Norfair. Lolz, he would be so broken.

K 2

Smash Lord
I think this is one of ROB's worst stages. You might CP this against ROB. The tight spaces gives him no room to camp.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You should do the more common stages, or stages that are allowed everywhere such as Delfino, Halberd, and Castle siege before wild cards like norfair and distant planet. No tournament host has distant planet as on their CP list, regardless of what the SBR say.

K 2

Smash Lord
I try to switch between wild card stages and "official" stages since it adds variety. When we do regular stages, the discussion turns out rather bland and boring. The wild cards keep the stage discussions interesting.

gallax

Smash Hero
hehe. do not fight ROB here. his dsmash is outrageous here. plus his nair is way more effective with the plats being the way the are.

gallax

Smash Hero
castle siege is sucha a weird level for pika imo. the third transformaion is great. but i just cant stand the second stage. the first one is alright.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
You're forced to kill from the sides due to the high ceiling so Fsmash/Nair becomes your best friend. If you screw up QAC you will get a little wet...just a little. Sides are great places for Dsmash though. Um, ban this again Falco and Wolf. Great for Snake and maybe DK if you can camp him. QAC'ing across the stage is fun. Mr. Blue croc bites(don't trust that adorable face). Possible good stage against Marth if you can camp him (unsure how that would go). Ban against Falco.

Overall 3/10 or 4/10 since it forces Pikachu to lose half of his main killing attacks.

Top Bottom