• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

K 2

Smash Lord
hmm...sorry this hasn't been updated. I've been on vacation in Hawaii and I just got back today. I'll start getting things rolling again soon.

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #5: Lylat Cruise

Ahh...The most hated of all neutrals.

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Characters:

Discuss away!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
honestly i dont hate it. there are enough platformns for platform advantadge yet enough holes for thudner to do its dirty work. with proper qa angles the stage shouldnt ever gimp you. it will however gimp others. i tend to cp this on people with crappy recoveries.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
this is a very good stage for QA > Falling aerial/B-moves - you just need to get the positioning down :)

if you can get your opponent on the platforms, you'll be able to do an aerial such as nair (if they're shielding), or QAC, in order to have them slip off of the platform and quickly get an attack in

King~

Smash Champion
i strongly dissagree with this stage as a neutral over all but thats just my opinon

ill let others get the pros

con-wise:
-u can get platform ***** by characters with reach(marth, snake, etc)
-tilting of the stage can mess up the occasional shorthop aerial
-while i agree with stealth, there is still the possbility of getting gayed by the tilting
- ill add more when it comes back to me why i dislike the stage

overall its playable, still gay though

gallax

Smash Hero
i love playing this level as snake and pika. as snake its especially hard to see any c4 plants and nades so i would definately recommend not playing snake here. but as pika playing others who have great vertical and terrible horizontal recoveries(e.g. marth/wario/mario/luigi...) i would definately pick it against them. there is always the chance of the random stage gimp.

this level is great for pika. many plats for many different tactical uses of the qa, the ability for SB to be effective when the level is angled, you can CG effectively(i believe stealth has said this though), and most importanly it has small sides for killing. this means that even your degenerated fsmash can still kill after a few uses. and thunder will be even more effective.

but, i would not play gaw or MK here. actually, gaw is 50/50 with his recovery. but any character who has a great horizontal kill move(mk/gaw for ex.) i would definately try to avoid.

K 2

Smash Lord
Tethers seem to do better here than usual, since they don't get gimped by the stage, while other characters might.

Can you guys think of any characters to CP on this stage. Any character that sucks tremdously here?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Marth, Mario, Luigi, and Snake have a hard time recovering here.

But for tremendously suck......I don't know.

Edit:
This is a pretty good stage for Pika, imo, because there are gaps in the platforms for thunder and room for good QACing.

K 2

Smash Lord
We need to add falco/fox to the list, since they gimped like crazy by this stage.

gallax

Smash Hero
exactly. the lylat trio need to be picked here. especially wolf. this is one of his worst stages. my friend who mains falco is always getting gimped by the edges here.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't think so, Peach's float goes far.

I'll give a tip bit about Ike: the stage does gimp him but not as much as others. The platforms are small making it **** for his uair and smash. No tech = eating that. Probably not gonna battle Ike here unless of state strikes (Ike will usually strike FD and SV) but tjolt does great when it tilts.

K 2

Smash Lord
While we go through these stage discussions. We need to think of the best stages to CP pika's hard matchups. We also need to think of CP stages for common tournament characters too.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Grats on your 1,500th post, K 2! :)

But on more serious terms...

I don't like this stage very much because about 1/2 of the entire stage you can't do an explosion thunder (thunder hits you) because of the platforms blocking it.

Though this does affect other people as well like Toon Link's Dair and Bowser's Down-B.

I don't know what makes this stage so bad otherwise.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I don't like this stage very much because about 1/2 of the entire stage you can't do an explosion thunder (thunder hits you) because of the platforms blocking it.
Normally, I'd state that it can be used to your advantage because it can't be reflected, however, the platforms are low enough so that Pikachu can be hit by his own "Aftershock" (see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxcn9fsJv0)

It's not frequent, but it happens, and it hurts.

I still like the stage because there's a bunch of platforms for QAC, and Pikachu doesn't have many problems getting on them with it. Not to mention that you can go under the stage, and gimp oters that try to go under the stage with thundershock.

K 2

Smash Lord
Though this stage might not appear like a good pikachu stage, you have to include how other characters do on this stage. Most characters get gimped really badly by this stage, so taking that into considerations, this might not be a bad CP stage.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Thunder guards work really well here depending on where the stage tilts. I'd say if you can place yourself in the position where you pressure opponents recovery more than they do you, PIkachu's should own. Since QA can recover with near limitless options (under a veteran) and other opponents can't recover in every way possible, thunder walls should be really good. Especially if you have an eye for when the stage will tilt.

1) Opponent is off, you do thunder wall

2) They will mostly likely not sweetspot (or less likely than they would usually do) equals lots of pain.

3) if they stay away from thunder (which is commonly done), then they'll be lower than most character's comfortability height and if the stage tilts away... the opponent's left for dead.

Although i don't hate this stage, my fears just comes from the "unknown factor" of the tilting. I don't really have any concrete cons for myself in regards to this stage.

Whenever i get stuck with this stage tho, I love FH b-airs. Since it autocancels on full hop anyways, it gives me more time to accomodate the cancel wherever the stage decides to tilt. The platforms can be fun if you like platforms--remember it gives people a false safety from thunder, as thunder pikas would use the chance to strike an otherwise-cautious opponent. I love weaving thunders through the SMALL gap in BF, and with lylat its easier. I guess its also some of my preferences. Remember pikachu can still go through the bottom of the stage.

Other than that i guess i'm done with my inputs.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

gallax

Smash Hero
never play snake here. ever. this stage is great for him. its hard to see the nades and any c4/mines. plus it has a fairly easy side wall for his ftilt to kill you.

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #6: Corneria

I <3 this stage.

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Characters:

Discuss away!

K 2

Smash Lord
Pros:
Short ceiling for easy vertical KO's
Permanent wall perfect for dtilt locking.
Irregular stage doesn't affect Tjolt, while it hinders most other projectiles

Cons:
Short blastzones mean pikachu dies really fast
LOTS of stage hazards

Avoid G&W, Snake, and DDD here.

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
Vertical wall area is always a plus for Pika. Very quick movement from lower level to the higher.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Watch for characters with Wall infinities.

Ike does pretty well here some he just needs 3 hits literally to kill you. granted Ike will also die quickly here too.. But he can bthrow to the fin to start his wall "infinite" (too 100% and finish with utilt)

The slope is great for tjolt. Pika can also spam tjolt at the bottom of the fin then make them come down for a dtilt lock :p

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Vertical wall area is always a plus for Pika. Very quick movement from lower level to the higher.
Just to add on to this, the vertical wall area is also great for mind games because Pikachu has so many options here. He can wall jump, QAC onto the ground, QA onto the ledge, use tjolt to crawl up the side, thunder from below, etc.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Sounds like this should only be played on verses certain characters.
I love reverse thundering under the "fin".
Also, just like in yoshi's island, the "dip" allows you to use tjolt while other projectiles fly above. Obviously depends where you and they are but still, it helped me a couple of times.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ahh, I love Corneria!

Pros:
- Invincibility can be abused on the fin "ledge" very easily with QA.
- For characters with no reflectors/absorbers, tjolt + thunder abuse from under the fin can be very annoying for them to get around.
- Low ceiling, yada yada, usmash/thunder ftw.
- The stage's shape makes it easy to flee with QAC, tjolt, and thunder if you get put in a tight spot, and for most characters, approaching Pika again on this stage is a hassle. If they choose not to approach, we can spam tjolts from very safe positions because tjolt > pretty much every other projectile on this stage.
- If someone decides to hang around the fin tip waiting for you to come up or anticipating a laggy thunder, you typically get free uairs because of how fast it comes out.

Cons:
- Auto-sweetspotting the fin ledge has broken my combos before.... happens very rarely, though, and overall the fin is still much more pro than con.
- Pikachu dies SO early from horizontal kills here.
- Pika has a dtilt lock, but lots of other characters have wall locks as well.
- Reiterating what K 2 said.... stage hazards. They're not too bad, but I've been saved from death by the laser underneath the front of the ship.... only to have it activate and blast me away. :mad:
- This could be a pro or a con, but on any of the angled parts of the ship, fsmash will angle as well. I kind of like it, because most opponents aren't expecting it, especially if they're coming in from the air. It might annoy others, though.

Characters:
- In general, characters with an easy to land, powerful side smash are a bad idea here (G&W)
- Snake will own you with utilt
- DDD - infinite wall grab
- I would be wary of DK.... he'll try to grab you, carry you to the wall, and dtilt lock you for days
- I wouldn't ban Ness from this stage, but between his absorber, bthrow & dtilt > bat combo, you can't use tjolt as effectively and the short sides of the stage mean you'll probably be dying early

Ahhh, I would write more, but my sister is rushing me off.

Rating? Umm... 8.5/10. I REALLY love this stage.

Roller

Smash Legend
This stage's usefullness varies incredibly depending on the matchup. The pros and cons have been stated, I'd say use as a CP for chars that can't abuse the wall.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pros
-Wall infinite with D-tilt
-Combo heaven on the fin. Uair to grab ledge to FF fair to uair to grab ledge, rinse/repeat
-T-jolt wraps around fin
-GREAT CAMPING LEVEL. You can run and t-jolt, then QAC passed them and T-jolt some more
Low ceiling so easy U-smash/Thunder kills

Cons
-Small blast zones + light pika = quick deaths.
-Lots of characters have wall infinites.
-People with disjointed hitboxes can hit through fin
-People can capitalize the fin comboes better than pikachu

Overall

It really depends on the charater. Know which characters are better on the level and which ones are worse.

gallax

Smash Hero
one thing you should not do on this level is edgestall on the nose of the plane. you drop down and you will get instantly ko'ed by the guns.

Top Bottom