• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pikachu Stage Discussion - Rainbow Cruise

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu is the best in this stage.
Because its the best place for him to charge up his spirit bomb. Remember to don't let let your guard down so every once in a while slap your opponent silly. In the game and outside of it to.
Then when you have enough ki charged you can go on top of the stage and knock the other player off with a mega kick. While you are doing the kick you at the same time yell out THIS IS SPARTA. Immediately afterwards unleash the spirit bomb. Although if not timed correctly you will not hit him.
As a result of missing, it will say Epic failure in front of the tv and you exploded in to little pika bits.

If its a success you opponent will die and don't be shock when the match is over to see your friend in a coma or blind from pure awesomeness. At moments might might crazily start shouting out the following. "ITS OVER 9000!!"

tat iz yz i thinkz pikaz bezt feild is tat
Shadowfire...be serious about this please.

K 2

Smash Lord
^^^ Yes, this is very serious.

Would you guys be happy with a 5/10 rating? A decent stage for pikachu, but he has better and worse neutrals as well.

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #3: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Yoshi's Island...

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Characters:

Discuss away!

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Pros: The platform!!!! It does for easy juggling and easy QAC around the stage if you ask me. Uair through it if your opponent is on it is an amazing thing and even QAC down to move around will trick them.

Short sides, Yoshi's Island has relatively short sides making for easy low percentage kills with Forward Smash or Sweetspotted thunder.

Cons: The edges, sometimes you miss when skull bashing and land on the stage which leaves you vulnerable to get hit.

High Ceiling, just sometimes makes it harder to get off the top thunder kills or up smash kills.

Summary - I used to not like this stage very much, I often banned it at tournaments because of the short sides (Until my DI became amazing and my Chu survived to 200% [Probably not so much amazing DI but amazing evasiveness from powerful moves :p]) But the stage is good for Pikachu, I like the platform and the stage itself has a slope for that ground QAC effect.

Rating - 7.5 out of 10

Characters - Well the stage is really good for Snake so watch out for that. Meta knight can also be a pain on this stage but isn't he anywhere?
Space animals hate this stage I guess cause you can kinda gimp all of them if they use their up b.

K 2

Smash Lord
The middle platform seems to get in the way of fullhopped tjolts.

You can hit the shy guys to refresh your moves.

Does tjolt travel down the side of the stage, or does it end at the edge?

Zylar

Smash Ace
Pros:
Flat - CGs
Spacious - <3 thunder
The single long platform hardly hinders pika.
Easy QAC traveling.
Shorter side blast lines - easier fsmash KOs
Higher ceiling blast lines - easier to live. Doesn't hinder thunder by too much.
(Wasn't this the place where thunair was discovered?)

Cons:
Shorter side blast lines - easier to die that way.
I dunno (Too lazy)

Stage:
The tilting platform - QAC > aerials, slightly hinders pika's tjolt options
Offstage platforms - Allows more offstage options
Shy Guys - Can hinder tjolt

Summary:
By far one of the best stages for pikachu. Maybe second best neutral?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Does tjolt travel down the side of the stage, or does it end at the edge?
It travels down the sides of the main stage.

If you're on the ghost platform that pops up on either side, t-jolts will not travel down the sides of the ghost. They'll kind of try to go around the platform sitting on top of his head, but they'll curl under once and then stop.

I'll try not to cover what other people have already said, but I rarely play on Yoshi's Island.... that's kind of weird, actually, since I know a lot of people who like it.

Pros:
Slopey sides. Good for avoiding a lot of projectile spam while Pika's t-jolts hug the floor.
Flat sides on the main stage, so you can wall-jump off of them for some cool recovery/edgeguarding tricks if you wanna.

Cons:
This is very minor, but sometimes the ghost will save an opponent who surely would have met his or her doom.... very frustrating. Pika doesn't benefit from this since our recovery is already ridiculously good.

Characters:
Other than Smashville, I think this is an okay neutral vs. ROB. You have to be extremely careful against his edgeguarding because of the close sides, but you can avoid a lot of his projectile spam by camping on the little slopes.

Miscellaneous:
Depending on how you thunder, you can achieve three different results when you thunder on the slopes at the very edge...
- Standing thunder: Gets you a normal, everyday thunder w/ T2
- Full hopped thunder: You get T2, but you'll pop off the edge of the stage a little bit
- Fast-falled thunder: No T2, and Pika will slide off the stage. Be careful how long you hold down, or you could fast-fall to your death

Summary:
I still feel better on Smashville or FD, but Yoshi's Island isn't bad imo. Better than BF as far as neutrals go.... 6/10.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
wow i hate yi. the slopes really make his fsmash go wild. the center platform really hinders my playstyle a whole bunch. i consider this pikas worst netral lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
wow i hate yi. the slopes really make his fsmash go wild. the center platform really hinders my playstyle a whole bunch. i consider this pikas worst netral lol.
Lol, it makes his dsmash (less important, but still) go wild too.... if you watch Pika dsmash on one of the slopes, the circle that's usually around him on the ground shows up at a weird angle.... he looks like he's surrounded by the rings of Saturn. :laugh:

Also, I forgot to add: you can platform cancel on this stage, which is very helpful.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I think YI is pika's worst neutral stage but if i had a choice BF wouldn't be on top of my list either. But i don't know what it is but i find it easier to land a upsmash on BF for some reason. Also the platforms along with ff fair adds for easier combos then say YI and lylat.

K 2

Smash Lord
Any characters to avoid here? Any characters to bring here (ex. they suck worse here than pika)?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
any char with a very vertical recvory is good to take here. you can walk tshocks or thunders for extra damage. avoid olimar on this stage, though this would only come on random and there are better cps for olimar.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I personally like this stage the most out of all neutrals (FD occasionally better for me vs. some chars), but that's just me. I kinda got used to some of the sloping and use some parts, particularly the left side of the slope going uphill, to add some extra damage like chaingrabbing some people (falco) one more time. On some of the sides, b-air ends earlier (probably not true autocanceled tho) on short hop which adds some mindgame for me > surprise fowards smash.

I kind of see myself more of a t-jolt pikachu. I like to double jump off of the platform and pull out t-jolts to autocanceled aerials or QaC after t-jolts. I find it harder for most people (exeption: ppl exactly like M2K) to powersheild t-jolts on those slopes. I like t-jolting down the sides especially against tether ppl who attempt to dangle.

I have the say my most favorite thing to do on Y.I. is a very short lagged thunder (thunder matrix) by T2'ing the shy guys. At least for me, it gets people every time at the biweekly's i go to. I normally get top 5 and top 3 in singles and teams respectively. That's pretty much where I got lagging thunder in the first place.

I don't know if this'll help but here you go.

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

K 2

Smash Lord
Geez, the pika boards are so indecisive. Half of us say its pika's best stage, while the other half say its pika's worst stage. Can we come to a general consesus?

What's your guy's rating for this stage?

K 2

Smash Lord
What stages do you guys want to discuss after we finish the neutrals? I plan to make a list of popular counterpick stages and we can start discuss CPs from there. I want to discuss Corneria really badly....

K 2

Smash Lord
Official Pikachu Stage Discussion #4: Smashville

Smashville.

Pros:

Cons:

Summary:

Rating:

Characters:

Discuss away!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Day or night, this is the most reliable neutral stage for Pikachu. It's like FD, but doesn't make campy projectile users all giddy to nearly the same extent.
It's flat. That means QAC is not inhibited here. There is really nothing stopping your combos or edgeguarding tactics other than that one moving platform. However, I wouldn't call it a hindrance because it seldom screws you over and it further distinguishes itself apart from FD.
It's my favorite neutral for Pikachu because it's the one I can count on the most.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
You can also use the moving platform to your advantage by...

- Standing still on the platform and using Thunder will make a nice Thunder Wall
- Using Parallel Thunder
- Using Hanging Jolts - not TOO useful
- Camping from the platform by firing jolts down
-While hanging from the ledge, you can wait for the platform to come your way, jump from the ledge, then QAC up then down to land on it

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
this stage is his best neutral imo. it is fd, and the platform allows for a slightly greater range of movement for pika. it gives the ability for pika to do whatever he wants at ease. <3 SV.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Corneria, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Stadiums....

Those are my choices. I know most people strike LM, but I think we should discuss it since it's without a doubt Pika's worst stage.... and some less experienced people might not be aware of why that is.

gallax

Smash Hero
the best thing about sv is that it allows pika to manipuliate the stage. it is small, but easy to use the edge tactically. ive seen this stage used many time against opponents who have terrible horizontal recoveries. a fairly high cieling means hat we can live longer too.

the bad thing that it is so small. but with the qac you shouldnt have a prob running or camping(if you can even call it camping with the tjolt). if you do then play this level more often to learn.

i do not reccommend playing against MK on this level. his ability to fly under the stage with the dsmash klilling mostly horizontally is a killer for pika. i wouldnt reccomend this on snake either. he can use the moving plat to his advantage and he can use less explosives to camp here. as for ddd dont play him here either. you want a lot of space when killing DDD and a low cieling. i would also not like to play falco on this level. one word. lasers. thats it. playing levels with plats are the best against him.

i would play rob on this level though. rob needs space to work effectively. you can pressure rob effectively on this stage. another characters is olimar. for some reason i just love playing olimar on this stage.

as for marth...i really dont know. i love this level as marth and as pika. i would say its even.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Smashville is perfect for Pika, not hard to get past projectiles here and there's only one platform to obstruct QACing, which if you were skilled wouldn't be a problem.

The con is, like Galax was saying, is playing Meta Knight here. Dsmash ftl. Another thing Galax pointed out was the use of Falco's lasers against you. Just try and stay on the platform if you can.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm agreeing with stealth and E on this one. It is my favorite stage to use Pika on as well. I especially like that it is shorter than FD which inhibits spamming from wolves/pits/etc, while at the same time allows you to play defensively when you need to and be offensive whenever you want, the fact that a double QA gets you across virtually the entire stage is extremely advantageous.

gallax

Smash Hero
I'm agreeing with stealth and E on this one. It is my favorite stage to use Pika on as well. I especially like that it is shorter than FD which inhibits spamming from wolves/pits/etc, while at the same time allows you to play defensively when you need to and be offensive whenever you want, the fact that a double QA gets you across virtually the entire stage is extremely advantageous.
no love for me???

gallax

Smash Hero
stealth!!!! my man. i cant believe this. im taking all my matchups and detsroying them now. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom