• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo777

Smash Master
I'm betting based on some of the posts i read that M2K posted something in the melee boards like "Look at how dumb these brawlers are thinking MK should be banned. He's sooo NOT broken" or something like that.

On topic @Crow i like ur idea man never thought to have a high tier tourney before that could be interesting. Seriously tho guys temp ban sounds like the best idea. A temp ban could resolve this conflict in 6 months and then it might never pop up again. (probably will but at least u guys will have a leg to stand on other than the "we dont care what u say" stand point.)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I lol'd at the last sentences so imma let you have it.

and solecalibur shut the **** up idiot i just stated my opinion if you dont like it hop off my nuts you nobdody..

who the **** names themself after a game?

GUYS CALL ME TEKKEN 6.
Where?

I only know of 2 continents, East Coast and West Coast. Where is this ''europe'' you speak of?
I lol'd so hard at these comments.

And also I'm looking forward to Crows ruleset.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
why is

Originally Posted by Armada
we need justice and mk is justice
In so many signatures? It's a pretty ridiculous statement... but I guess it's quotable in a weird sort of way...

Back on Topic, Judo777 sums up a lot of people's stands on this issue with that second paragraph. Of course, I said that two dozen pages ago, and nobody cared, and then etecoon said it a dozen pages ago, and nobody cared. hm... I wonder what will happen this time?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Whats with all the melee people trolling this thread? >.>
I've been trolling this thread since before you started posting, this isn't new (because obviously, judging by the level of discussion, any attempt to seriously and intelligently discuss a topic is trolling).

I think someone posted a link here from one of the Melee boards to make a point, and now the obvious melee trolls are obvious.

0_o

M2k posted it on his FB.

Also: *obvious troll is obvious*

Armada

Smash Lord
bigbucks: I am a melee player but even if brawl was (and are) boring i played brawl at genesis (for example) and i also know a couple persons how play this game and that´s the reason why i written in this thread.

I can´t understand why you guys wanna ban mk.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Me and Orion were watching TKD vs Tyrant on his laptop and we facepalmed at a lot of the decisions that were being made.
tis' true sadly.

lol yeah, it's just like all the Falco mains who want super strict ledge grab limits because they main Falco. I seriously hate that selfishness, it's ridiculous.
this is also very true :ohwell:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
bigbucks: I am a melee player but even if brawl was (and are) boring i played brawl at genesis (for example) and i also know a couple persons how play this game and that´s the reason why i written in this thread.

I can´t understand why you guys wanna ban mk.
Let me summarize why this debate still persists.

- MK has the best moveset, recovery, ledgeguarding and edgeguarding in the game. This also contributes to him being exceptionally dangerous on counterpick stages. This is all fine, but this on top of his other traits are what have caused an uproar.
- IDC: Method #1 of making the game unplayable
- Planking: Method #2 of making the game unplayable.
- Scrooging: Method #3 of making the game unplayable.

So, at this point it's a just matter of banning the character vs limiting the character. This is controversial, because in the competitive fighting game scene, broken characters have always been dealt with by banning them, not by nerfing their strategies with arbitrary rules.
My above post sums up most of the situation.

It's simple: Pro-ban wants to ban him. Anti-ban wants to ban/limit his strategies. The SBR has not publically advocated either option.

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
you do know that if we keep limiting him there wont be anything left to limit? he would just be a sandbag, so why limit when you can completely erase him from any future tourney play? we could limit him to f-air,b-air forward tilt and his only recovery move would be drill rush. more limiting

-Ran

Smash Master
MK will never be limited to the point of being the second best character of the game. Nor, is there a case for a single move to be removed from his repertoire since it is not so much a single move that makes MK good, but rather the way that all the moves seamlessly work together.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
^Joined this group^

Liked what I saw, and even though I'm only the 50th member (yay! cookie for me!) I guess it's a start, considering it's only been up about a week... just putting that out there...

btw, Ran Iji, I have a question for you in the group boards...

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
Say, if that whole temp ban would actually happen, how would you determine the point where a permanent ban is to be considered, would it be something like that there is 1 "super viable" character (MK) and 3 "viable" ones (Snake, Falco, Diddy) at the moment and the number of "viable" ones had to increase to at least [insert number here] without there being a "super viable" one? Or when a character would jump from F to C tier? Or will it just be some kinda poll or the BBR discussing after a temp ban would be over?

TKD

Smash Lord
TKD as well would have a very easy time winning without MK's
Fox's MK match-up is a big part of what makes him good. Without Meta Knight, he'd be worse because of MK's popularity when selectable.

This is my stance on banning Meta Knight:
- I want to learn all there is to learn about the game. With Meta Knight banned, there would be no more need and much less possibility to learn about him.
- If you agree that he should be banned because he's the best character by far, then yes; he should be banned...in your opinion.
- Players like DEHF and MikeHAZE consider MK a challenge. This is somewhat of a goal and it would be...lazy to just avoid it.
- I think that what affects people's opinion the most is that you can make money off of placing in tournaments. Maybe the scheme should be changed into "all money goes to the venue" as japan has it so we leave the money making for MLG events. Many pro players wouldn't agree because they've grown dependent on making money from playing MK, but they're a minority.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think that what affects people's opinion the most is that you can make money off of placing in tournaments. Maybe the scheme should be changed into "all money goes to the venue" as japan has it so we leave the money making for MLG events. Many pro players wouldn't agree because they've grown dependent on making money from playing MK, but they're a minority.
This game would flat out die without the drive for money. In addition, people wouldn't be able to travel as much.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
At first I was for banning metaknight because he can be broken and just about invincible if you play cheap enough. That's if you have no heart, shame, or pride and would rather run/plank/scrooge all day until they get close then use a highpriority/fast/invincibility move.

But now I think MK is beatable. His widespread use has FORCED players to adapt and learn how to beat him, even with unfavorable matchups.

I'm just tired of seeing everyone and their grandma drop their main for MK because they want money

volume

Smash Apprentice
well if he is a challange how about we have a option to ban him in the match if we want?

eg. 2 people play, one wants to use mk the other doesnt want them to, so if the player that doesnt want them to play mk says no then the person who wanted to play mk gets to choose the first stage and strike 2 stages.
the people that dont want mk banned can choose to allow him in their match that they play.

only slightly unfair but it's the best i can think of.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
well if he is a challange how about we have a option to ban him in the match if we want?

eg. 2 people play, one wants to use mk the other doesnt want them to, so if the player that doesnt want them to play mk says no then the person who wanted to play mk gets to choose the first stage and strike 2 stages.
the people that dont want mk banned can choose to allow him in their match that they play.

only slightly unfair but it's the best i can think of.
Lmao, you can't be serious.

"Oh by the way bro, you're not allowed to play your main."

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
volume, probably not a good idea. Because unless there's an MK ditto, nobody will want to play MK, so this is basically a ban... there's no way the BBR would go along with that, and getting a CP and an extra strike definitely isn't good enough compensation for a broken character...

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Sorry, expected to be ninja'd...

Lmao, you can't be serious.

"Oh by the way bro, you're not allowed to play your main."
an interesting point of irony is that across america, people can't play their mains because of MK... but I agree that being able to strike a character like you would be able to strike a stage is ridiculous...

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
We're glad people are contributing their opinions instead of trolling, but if you think about that idea for a couple minutes, you can see that it's just not the right way to go about this.

volume

Smash Apprentice
We're glad people are contributing their opinions instead of trolling, but if you think about that idea for a couple minutes, you can see that it's just not the right way to go about this.
yea your right because if some one doesnt want to play as a different character they really dont have to but then it also gives the option of anning/unbanning also not to troll ect. but they have been telling us to get better and main some one else maybe they should do the same?

Judo777

Smash Master
*waits for anti-ban to jump to the idea of giving opponent another ban and strike option because it appears that they go for every idea they can get*

@Lance people HAVE been trying to adapt to MK since like the first few months the game came out. I dont think there is a single regular attending tournament goer that doesnt have a decent knowledge about the MK MU infact all of the top players know the MU very very well. And it doesn't matter cause they still get beat most of the time. I beat MK is one of allys best MU's. Everyone constantly plays against MK and he remains on top by a ton.

@TKD dont get me wrong man i like a challenge too however i sometimes get a little annoyed at occasionally losing to a much less skilled MK player because the MU is dumb. I also hate having to cp olimars to FD and BF (which i have had to do lol in our 3 out of 5 game i had to pick YI [not good sheik vs olimar stage] cause i ran out of neutral stages to cp to lol) because if i pick RC, Brinstar or Frigate im getting pocket MKed. However thats not why i even want MK banned I want him banned because I think this game would be amazing with him gone. Everyone would have semi-bad stages and semi-bad matchups and alot of the high tiers would have mid tier even MU's it would be great man.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
The game would not be amazing with him gone, most of the other best characters are just camping and chain grabbing. There needs to be less gay stages on. I voted against Rainbow, Brinstar, Norfair, and Green Greens being counterpick stages, but they put them all on anyways.

volume

Smash Apprentice
The game would not be amazing with him gone, most of the other best characters are just camping and chain grabbing. There needs to be less gay stages on. I voted against Rainbow, Brinstar, Norfair, and Green Greens being counterpick stages, but they put them all on anyways.
right now im kinda thinking wth do stages have to do with mk being banned atm? i see most match's being played on smash ville, ps1, fd, bf and yoshi's island. all of which mk has an advantage on oh wait even when you cp a gay stage he still has a advantage.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
but m2k. its more diverse. i wanna watch falco CG every character in the game. ddd CG 1/3 of the cast. pikachu CG fox/falco/mk/others and ice climbers 0-death CG instead of watching MKs.

volume

Smash Apprentice
ok? the *character* still has more of a chance against *character* then *character* does against meta also with ic you just dont get grabbed and space right... ddd has a good cg but it still isnt 0-death. pika's is only good against fast faller's if used against meta you can only cg twice then down smash and against floaty's its like one grab then your done. pika's forward throw stops at 20%? against most. falco is yea boring.

Gnes

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQZBcLb5Z8

Ya know...i think mk camps better than diddy...i mean...just a guess...could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD54aUDcAw&feature=related
same for this one

Brings back memories...i was so horrible against mk back then hahaha

Judo777

Smash Master
um yea all the good character Mk included are good at campers but at least the other character have to attack while camping lol. And more importantly every character has disadvantaged MU's and even ones in lower tiers. I'd love to watch IC's cg people on norfair. Normally we cant pick that stage cause of...... oh yea MK. Man it would be tight to see a falco laser camp me on..... RC so lets pick that staaaa....... oh yea freaking MK i hope they dont second him. Man this wario is giving my rob some serious trouble....I know frigate!.........crap they second MK.......(not sure what that MU is even like im just sayin) There are several stages that deter every other characters form of camping and cging......except MK's we cant find a stage that prevents MK from camping, (YI?) And more importantly camping with MK is just an option its not even required to win at high levels.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^ You can say the same about Melee Fox.

Popular secondary, good on any stage, camps like a champ, great MUs.

Banned? Nawww

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
^obvious troll is obvious.^

Seriously, stick to the Melee boards, where you have some credibility or knowledge... anyone with experience in both games knows that Melee Fox and Brawl MK are not comparable this way...

Fox has counters, not MK
Fox has bad legal stages, not MK
Fox has weaknesses, not MK
Fox is a part of the metagame, MK is above it.
Fox should be legal, not MK

EDIT - Ninja'd

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^obvious troll is obvious.^

Seriously, stick to the Melee boards, where you have some credibility or knowledge... anyone with experience in both games knows that Melee Fox and Brawl MK are not comparable this way...

Fox has counters, not MK
Fox has bad legal stages, not MK
Fox has weaknesses, not MK
Fox is below the metagame, MK IS the metagame.
Fox should be legal, not MK

EDIT - Ninja'd
fixed. ^_^

Judo777

Smash Master
^ You can say the same about Melee Fox.

Popular secondary, good on any stage, camps like a champ, great MUs.

Banned? Nawww
yea ur right fox is a solid character on every stage however fox is not better than 95% of the cast on 95% of the stages. Yea you can name maybe 1 or 2 stages that maybe 1 or 2 characters have the advantage on MK on but not many more. I can't think of very many character period that beat MK on BF, SV, YI, LC, CS, Halberd (inb4snake whos the obvious exception), Norfair, Brinstar, RC, PS 1 & 2, DP, FO. I think the only stages i didnt name were picto (cause i dont know) and FD (because u can actually avoid MK but its hardly bad for him) and one of those gets a ban so yea i dont think fox has anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom