• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Crashic.... the face is important too.

Anyway, go back to discussing about MK. Enough with the wimminz for now =P

etecoon

Smash Hero
what if

meta knight had boobs

then no one would hate him(her), it would fix everything!

texture hackers get on it

Gnes

Smash Master
I've been with a girl who tried that **** while I was in her, it ****ing hurts. Your sig is lies.
LMAFO.

We are now friends ^_^. I always wondered what would happen in *That* sequence of events...now i know WAHAHAHHA

I thought the same thing, gnes, but in reverse order.
LOLZ

gness' signature is better

why is this more entertaining than the actual MK ban discussion lol
U cant get bored from discussing girls/women :)

I've actually been working on a thread dedicated to the subject of women. It'll be up today.

Its because women counter everything. Its why some people will temp ban women, so they can focus on other things and get **** done that needs to be and see how their life is without women, but women are too fun, so it never becomes permanent.
Ill be waiting

I cant wait for spring break...gonna go finally get decent mk practice with dojo ^_^

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Who was the Metaknight who beat ADHD at Genesis, and are there any top Metaknights that have shown to have large winning percentages against ADHD and other top Diddys?

Gnes

Smash Master
Tyrant beat adhd at genesis...and as far as I know tyrant had little to no diddy practice at the time of that encounter.

Dojo has beaten me 6-0 i believe and is 1-0 with ninjalink, he hasn't loss to any diddy ever in tourney. M2k has good percentage against diddys save Wyatt, i know hes beaten ninjalink the last times they've met and hes beaten me once. Inui has winning percentage against the diddy's hes played also save ADHD.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
We can't do much to ban Metaknight really. The only way we could do that is if we as TOs all started to ban Metaknight at our tournies until it became standard, or push MLG and BBR hard enough until it happens.

EDIT- that was at Dark Energy.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why don't pro-ban TO's all just start straight up banning him at their tournaments, and just never host a tournament where he's allowed, en masse, is what I wonder. The BBR isn't like some elected body. They don't actually represent anyone, and (at least officially) they don't pretend to have any power over a TO's decision. There's nothing stopping TO's from doing this.

Maybe some MK mains would complain and boycott the tournaments, but that would just mean they absolutely couldn't win money at the tournament.

NNID
Budget_Player
Why don't pro-ban TO's all just start straight up banning him at their tournaments, and just never host a tournament where he's allowed, en masse, is what I wonder. The BBR isn't like some elected body. They don't actually represent anyone, and (at least officially) they don't pretend to have any power over a TO's decision. There's nothing stopping TO's from doing this.

Maybe some MK mains would complain and boycott the tournaments, but that would just mean they absolutely couldn't win money at the tournament.
This is EXACTLY what we are trying to prevent (we being the sane pro-bans). Specifically that the BBR loses power/authority, and that the community splits in half.

etecoon

Smash Hero
doesn't matter, omni's already initiated that, the community is already split/ignoring the BBR

the BBR never actually HAD authority though...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The BBR had authority?

They're just a group of recommendation. The only reason why BBR is actually needed to make a "final" decision here is for a heavy persuasion method.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'll never be legit pro ban.

Ohp looks like BPC is completely wrong now ayup.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'll never be legit pro ban.

Ohp looks like BPC is completely wrong now ayup.
Well okay, allow me to fix my statement.

Well should we be *******s back and really kill the brawl scene, or continue schooling any and all counterarguments with reason until either the smash scene dies or everyone who isn't a ridiculously biased idiot or a ****ing ****** is pro-ban?

Is this a little more comfortable to your eyes?

To say, at this point, that you will never be pro-ban, is absolutely stupid. What you're saying is, no matter what metagame developments happen with this char, no matter how provably broken or overdominant he becomes, you will NEVER support a ban. Not even if top 8s become, in virtually every case, 8x MK.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you're still missing apathetic trolls like me. I don't care if MK gets banned or not, I'm just here to annoy people

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You do realize that at this point that statement is insulting about 40-45% of the Smash community seeing as they are anti-ban, correct?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well okay, allow me to fix my statement.

Well should we be *******s back and really kill the brawl scene, or continue schooling any and all counterarguments with reason until either the smash scene dies or everyone who isn't a ridiculously biased idiot or a ****ing ****** is pro-ban?
Oh we're definitely on the way to doing the former.
maybe we'll follow in SC4's footsteps and try to save our community by banning him after the majority has quit.

You do realize that at this point that statement is insulting about 40-45% of the Smash community seeing as they are anti-ban, correct?

No, because you see, some anti-banners have reason. they think CURRENTLY meta knight isn't bannable, but may be in the future if he gets bad enough.
you could learn from these people.
"i will NEVER, EVER ban meta knight" is the stupidest take on the MK debate and everyone with this ideal should just be ignored.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
An incredibly large amount are actually not anti-ban, it's varying degrees of Pro-ban now (Pro-Restriction or Complete ban).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The BBR had authority?

They're just a group of recommendation. The only reason why BBR is actually needed to make a "final" decision here is for a heavy persuasion method.
Welcome to the world of authority by popular consent, fundamentally every group with power has power either because of this or due to elites' consent, it's just a matter of how many levels you have to go through to find the elite/popular consent.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman

The BBR is still an authority. They represent some of the most active members in our community and to go against them would be a stupid idea. It would split the community and tourney attendance is slowly declining as it is.

I am pro-ban, but I think it would be silly to do something like this in response to inaction. Maybe if you wanted to speak out against them coming out and telling us to forget about a ban altogether, but inaction isn't worthy of such a move.

etecoon

Smash Hero
to go against them would be a stupid idea.
because people never do stupid things ever

wait

and it's not against the BBR's recommendation to ban meta knight, it's simply something they haven't recommended(yet), like the ledge grab limit.

and there's a rather large number of TO's claiming that they won't ban MK even if the BBR says they should, that's no different than if pro ban just started banning him now.

Gnes

Smash Master
An incredibly large amount are actually not anti-ban, it's varying degrees of Pro-ban now (Pro-Restriction or Complete ban).
Yeah former anti bans such as myself/razer (just for the namesearch) have changed to pro-restriction from "personal" experiences.

Also...ultmario...thats a pretty childish statement lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
granted I DO think DDD beats marth, not that badly though, but referencing character board MU threads = failure
Funny how people say this, yet lack valid proof for it.

And if they are wrong no one does anything to educate them on why they are wrong, all they do is point and laugh when they very well should be taking other steps to help them out.

edit: Honestly, people resisting a ban is going to happen in any game. People have varying opinions, sometimes they just need a push to get them to follow suite.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I didn't say they were wrong in this or any particular circumstance, I said they aren't necessarily a good resource in general, people should have some ability to form their own opinions

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Pro-restriction = Anti-ban, why? Because you aren't banning MK, you're restricting him rather than banning him. Since its NOT BANNING MK, its Anti-ban.

Also, on the topic of scene degretion, theres eight possible endings to this story, I'd like to detail them all to get a point across.

1. MK will stay unbanned, and between new techniques and discoveries, everything will work out fine, MK will be less dominant, and this thread will get the Silver Medal for the biggest waste of time ever, only second to Duke Nukem Forver.

2. MK will be banned, and tournement results will show a much healthier scene, everyone will eventually get over the loss of MK, and it'll all work out in the end.

3. MK will stay unbanned, and this unbanning will tear apart and degrade the scene until it is non-existant.

4. MK will get banned, and this will split the scene in half. Both these halves will be arguing and relatively weak, and this weakness will become more and more apparent, this will eventually cause the scene to destroy itself and vanish forever.

5 & 6. MK will be banned for a long period of time, but new discoveries will happen, and MK will eventually be unbanned seeing as there are ways to deal with him not known to us at this time. However, the scene might have been split and degraded from this banning period, this degrading could continue after the unban or we'll reunite and everything will work out in the end.

7 & 8. MK will remain unbanned, and may degrade the competative scene. Eventually its going to get bad, and MK will get banned. We may have enough time left to bounce back, or it could be too late and its over for the scene.

You see that the pro-ban should be saying nothing on "The scene WILL die from MK staying unbanned and will be perfectly fine if he gets banned" or some **** along those relative lines, because theres just as many ways banning MK could kill or save this community as keeping him legal could kill or save it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I didn't say they were wrong in this or any particular circumstance, I said they aren't necessarily a good resource in general, people should have some ability to form their own opinions
Then who do we trust?

Character boards at least try to put effort in making them accurate, at last they should, I don't see how they would be a bad resource for information unless it is perfectly clear there is some bias among that community.

Pro-restriction = Anti-ban, why? Because you aren't banning MK, you're restricting him rather than banning him. Since its NOT BANNING MK, its Anti-ban.

Also, on the topic of scene degretion, theres eight possible endings to this story, I'd like to detail them all to get a point across.

1. MK will stay unbanned, and between new techniques and discoveries, everything will work out fine, MK will be less dominant, and this thread will get the Silver Medal for the biggest waste of time ever, only second to Duke Nukem Forver.

2. MK will be banned, and tournement results will show a much healthier scene, everyone will eventually get over the loss of MK, and it'll all work out in the end.

3. MK will stay unbanned, and this unbanning will tear apart and degrade the scene until it is non-existant.

4. MK will get banned, and this will split the scene in half. Both these halves will be arguing and relatively weak, and this weakness will become more and more apparent, this will eventually cause the scene to destroy itself and vanish forever.

5 & 6. MK will be banned for a long period of time, but new discoveries will happen, and MK will eventually be unbanned seeing as there are ways to deal with him not known to us at this time. However, the scene might have been split and degraded from this banning period, this degrading could continue after the unban or we'll reunite and everything will work out in the end.

7 & 8. MK will remain unbanned, and may degrade the competative scene. Eventually its going to get bad, and MK will get banned. We may have enough time left to bounce back, or it could be too late and its over for the scene.

You see that the pro-ban should be saying nothing on "The scene WILL die from MK staying unbanned and will be perfectly fine if he gets banned" or some **** along those relative lines, because theres just as many ways banning MK could kill or save this community as keeping him legal could kill or save it.
Anyone saying definitive usually want people to side with them to depict someone as inevitable.

We don't know what will happen if we do ban MK, but hey we don't know what will happen when we step outside each day.

In life you sometimes have to take risks and see what happens.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion

When did any of our "smart" ppl here say w/o MK, the community will be garunteed better?

etecoon

Smash Hero
Then who do we trust?
yourself? I don't see regurgitating others opinions as being productive, if I'm discussing characters with someone I want to know what THEY think

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
yourself? I don't see regurgitating others opinions as being productive, if I'm discussing characters with someone I want to know what THEY think
You can place trust in others if they have more experience with the area they are talking about usually.

A character board is usually good because you will get multiple inputs on the matter and can discuss it to a point where a consensus can be reached. Learning what they think and why are important.

If you are unclear on an issue, you have to have some trust in others at some point. If someone is spouting BS or you think they are you can research it or ask others what they think and why.

salaboB

Smash Champion

The key to this is where the "may ruin the scene"s fall for likelihood. For instance, case 7 and 8 the "may" seems fairly likely given current trends -- how likely is the "may" in 5 and 6?

Limeee

Smash Champion
Lets go for number 2.
The brawl scene would be so much healthier and interesting if every character could be counterpicked/have a weakness.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Actually, if you are Pro-Restriction, you're admitting that MK is indeed banworthy, and if any of the rules do not sustain viably, then the last resort is banning. In which case, you're pro-ban, but at a much lesser degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom