• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
yeah insane crazy guy, while were at it, lets let all the top/upper/mid tiers in low tier tourneys, but they cant l cancel

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
this is my last post in this thread.

Marth is one tier too high, fox has overall better matchups than falco but falco ***** matchups harder than fox. Sheik is the most balanced character in the game. Peach is fine where she is at. Falcon is overestimated.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Technically, shiek is better than fox.

if this were any other fighting game, shiek would be on top, followed closely by the other 3 topish tiers.

since tourney results factored so heavily into makeing smash tiers, fox was on top(he really shouldnt be as set in stone as #1 anymore, he's definitely lost some points in certain top and high tier matchups, but the smash community is pretty biased and fox being on top will most likely never change because people think impossible is possible).

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord

if this were any other fighting game, shiek would be on top, followed closely by the other 3 topish tiers.

since tourney results factored so heavily into makeing smash tiers, fox was on top(he really shouldnt be as set in stone as #1 anymore, he's definitely lost some points in certain top and high tier matchups, but the smash community is pretty biased and fox being on top will most likely never change because people think impossible is possible).
Or you simply can't grasp that Fox is the best due to his better higher and top tier matchups, resulting in Fox placing higher in tournaments, resulting in him being #1.

There hasn't been an amazing Sheik like KDJ besides m2k of now. The list of top Fox's atm is pretty large in comparison. Does this reflect people's "bias" towards fox, Fox's ability as a character, personal preference, or what? I suppose it is irrelevant since your posts against Fox are pretty irrelevant also as no matter what people say or tell you about Fox your just going to blow it out the other ear and say "your biased I'm right."

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
did i say sheik is better than fox?

no
If you have arguments that are legit, then feel free to keep posting. But when people respond and refute what you have to say, then admit defeat. Not just say "biased, I'm done postin." Many people have more than just bias - they have a few years and have played some of the best in the world under their belts.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
she is, technically(in a real matchup chart).

technically not being the circumstances, fox is better(since our tier list is based off tourney results)

makes sense.

i said this before and you took it as i said fox sucks he needs to be in kirby and pichus tier.

Many people have more than just bias - they have a few years and have played some of the best in the world under their belts.
thats right, since i havent played ken, isai, azen, chops, col bol, hungry box, and others.

and by the way, who are you tremor(and who am i?)?

ive never heard of you, so you prolly suck

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you have arguments that are legit, then feel free to keep posting. But when people respond and refute what you have to say, then admit defeat. Not just say "biased, I'm done postin." Many people have more than just bias - they have a few years and have played some of the best in the world under their belts.

"Technically", there's a difference then "technically" and "in reality".

Technically is usually used to draw that distinction.

Actually, the real issue is that smash weights it's match-ups (which every fighting game should do).

Sheik does great against characters that nobody plays, but has a lot more difficulty with the characters that actually get played in the metagame as compared to say, fox or marth.

That's why her amazing low tier matchp-ups are relatively irrelevant, hence why she's not the best even technically.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
she is, technically(in a real matchup chart).
technically not being the circumstances, fox is better(since our tier list is based off tourney results)
makes sense.
i said this before and you took it as i said fox sucks he needs to be in kirby and pichus tier.
Our tier list is the way other tier lists should be. It reflects what characters are actually played. As said by myself and adumbrodeus - it weighs the matchups.
thats right, since i havent played ken, isai, azen, chops, col bol, hungry box, and others.
and by the way, who are you tremor(and who am i?)?
ive never heard of you, so you prolly suck
Right. I do suck in comparison to good people. Those good people can look over my posts because I don't know as much. I don't pretend, like you, to know more than them and just believe their opinions to be due to bias.
i made my point and now i leave without making a ruckus(tremor looked stupid tho LOL)
*unsubscribes*
Yeah me and KK looked like real idiots :rolleyes:

"Technically", there's a difference then "technically" and "in reality".
Technically is usually used to draw that distinction.
The distinction should be defined then. He could have said "technically, due to sheik's better matchups, sheik > fox." He didn't. How was I to know he didn't "technically" mean something else. I don't know how educated of a smasher he is or where he is coming from.

I agree with the rest of your post though obviously.

Lovage

Smash Hero
ahh, this thread is so much nicer with blatt blvd on ignore, please stop quoting and feeding the troll so we can talk about the tier list

null55

Smash Master
This was probably already discussed before, but it's just really ******** that the SBR calls this thing "final." Unless that means that they just won't be making any more tier lists. Cause this **** is already wrong as ****.

Was it just cause Brawl had been out for 7 months and the Melee community was at a low enough point that people thought it was going to die or something so the metagame wasn't worth keeping up with anymore?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This was probably already discussed before, but it's just really ******** that the SBR calls this thing "final." Unless that means that they just won't be making any more tier lists. Cause this **** is already wrong as ****.

Was it just cause Brawl had been out for 7 months and the Melee community was at a low enough point that people thought it was going to die or something so the metagame wasn't worth keeping up with anymore?
The later 1 is true. People called Pound 3 M2K vs Mango possibly the last set ever.:laugh: It's funny thinking about it. Now Melee is being revived. At the current rate It'll be bigger then Ever in about a year. :)

null55

Smash Master
Lol being revived? **** is def alive, and at this rate will be bigger than Brawl in not that much time. So many people I know have left that game and have quit smash for SF/gone to Melee/gone to B+.

I think the "Final" in the heading of this thread needs to be deleted, then we can call Melee "officially" alive again. God**** it's a great game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Our tier list is the way other tier lists should be. It reflects what characters are actually played. As said by myself and adumbrodeus - it weighs the matchups.
Well, not even the characters that are actually played, the characters that are naturally played, aka, the characters with better match-ups get played more because they're better characters.

If we create a tier list based purely on match-ups, and then weigh the match-ups based on relative position on the tier list, if you repeat until you get the equilibrium point, you should basically get this tierlist.

Or... you just argue based on the fact that x,y,z characters are important and x,y,z characters are irrelevant.

The distinction should be defined then. He could have said "technically, due to sheik's better matchups, sheik > fox." He didn't. How was I to know he didn't "technically" mean something else. I don't know how educated of a smasher he is or where he is coming from.

I agree with the rest of your post though obviously.
Well, that's what the term "technically" is for, and he did say that it wasn't the case because tournament results are factored in so heavily.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
All I'm saying is Yoshi should be higher than he is. Kid's got a ton of potential. Imma have to work on bringing him up the tier list. Watch out for it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
cheaa

if you think a character has potential, it's up to you to flesh out his metagame and make him all he can be, not theorycraft about pichu's nair beating everything in the world

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Lolz, too bad he's gonna get ***** by 3/4 of the cast.
Well that's the thing, I think he can take down some of the higher tier characters. I recently took up Yoshi a bit ago, so watch out for it. I'll bust him out in a tournament if my Falco is domming too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom