• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
ok smash god, how the **** do you do that?
You learn how to do it once you're as good at Smash as I am, it comes with practice.

Tier List:

Top Tier -
All the male characters

M
id Tier -
A
ll the ungendered/animal characters

B
ottom Tier -
All the female characters

h
ttp://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/2009/battleship-women.jpg

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
I think he meant the color shifting. But, also, it's pretty sweet this is opened up again. :D

Anyways, did the tier list get a little bit more consolidated? Or, did I just have extra tiers in my mind?

Finally: Yay, Fox. :3

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Probably a greasemonkey script (or just a js protocol). Identify the char amount, set the interval of the fade, replace each successive character.

I should hope he's not doing it manually. =p

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
The easiest characters to learn are the ones you're most comfortable with, imo.

Y
eah, it's nice to use a character that your opponent doesn't know how to play, but that's not something you should take for granted.

Also, learning difficult things that pay off well are very much worth the effort.
I will learn how to do this

edit:too much hex

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Maybe around like... 1-2 minutes? Depending on how long my post is. If it's long, the post can take up some time. I gotta put the letters in all those colors, y'know?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ness and Yoshi should be Bottom of Bottom Imo because their UpB's always Betray them :(. On a serious note I wonder if IC's Should still be so high with the Wobble ban? I also can't help but feel some Middle/Low tiers are being seriously underestimated....but then again wtf do I know....?....

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Ness and Yoshi should be Bottom of Bottom Imo because their UpB's always Betray them :(. On a serious note I wonder if IC's Should still be so high with the Wobble ban? I also can't help but feel some Middle/Low tiers are being seriously underestimated....but then again wtf do I know....?....
I believe I once heard before that IC players tended to do better in tournaments where wobbling was banned as opposed to ones where wobbling wasn't. It's been a long time since I've heard that though, so correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah. Wobbling is basically just a much easier way to do what most IC players revolve their entire game around, so in essence it really doesn't effect their game at all. All it means is that ICs are more technically difficult again. So hooray.

Just my thoughts.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
ICs doing better at tournaments where wobbling is banned is due solely to the fact that those ICs will be less focused and trying to GET the wobble. This isn't a problem at high levels, it's mainly just a mind thing.

But yeah, ICs can rape with one grab, even if it's not 0-death.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
chu is amazingly fun to play against, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Holy **** bro, stop taking everything so god **** literally. People have their own opinions, just because YOU think it's fun, maybe somebody else doesn't. Don't be so judgmental. Maybe I don't find it fun to play Chu either, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** bro, stop taking everything so god **** literally. People have their own opinions, just because YOU think it's fun, maybe somebody else doesn't. Don't be so judgmental. Maybe I don't find it fun to play Chu either, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
actually thats exactly what it means. dont play stupid.

edit: youre canadian, nvm. theres no way you could have known I guess.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yoshi? yes. Ness? eh... it's not that bad since he can 1. slow down using his PSI magnet and 2. use his aerials to help his recovery as well.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
**** I didn't mean to start anything :(. I was just Mouthing off lol. Basically I was mad that I play some low/Bottom Tier Matches with a friend and Yoshi and Ness both decided to **** me over. LOL. He was giving me the Business with Mewtwo and Kirby...eh it doesn't matter. I'm just reminded of why I don't play the Low/Bottom tiers because it's just....gay.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
holy **** Bro, Stop Taking Everything So God **** Literally. People Have Their Own Opinions, Just Because You Think It's Fun, Maybe Somebody Else Doesn't. Don't Be So Judgmental. Maybe I Don't Find It Fun To Play Chu Either, Doesn't Mean I Don't Know What I'm Talking About.
You Madd!!!

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I believe I once heard before that IC players tended to do better in tournaments where wobbling was banned as opposed to ones where wobbling wasn't. It's been a long time since I've heard that though, so correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah. Wobbling is basically just a much easier way to do what most IC players revolve their entire game around, so in essence it really doesn't effect their game at all. All it means is that ICs are more technically difficult again. So hooray.

Just my thoughts.
I'd say it's because if it's not banned some noobs will use them and not make it out of pools

Smash Master
IC chaingrabs are escapable with SDI down and away. If you're capable of doing that, then it's just a 50-50 coin flip whether or not they get the regrab, since the Popo has to decide whether or not to turn around, and the hitstun ends before human reaction times can dictate that decision.

wool

Smash Ace
IC chaingrabs are escapable with SDI down and away. If you're capable of doing that, then it's just a 50-50 coin flip whether or not they get the regrab, since the Popo has to decide whether or not to turn around, and the hitstun ends before human reaction times can dictate that decision.
Except it's harder than it sounds. If they get away its usually because we **** it up.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
The only characters who need SDI to escape are fox, falco, falcon, and ganon (maybe dk and bowser?) The thing is, ICs have so many DI mix-ups and alternate ways to rack up damage that the escapability of d-throw d-air tends not to matter.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
to true I can throw out about 5 different chain throws and that's pretty bad because they have about.... how many again I know there is at least 10? with jab,nair,b,down-B,uptilt,and grab all set up grabs most of the time(their more ways but these are the common ways). It's hard to predict what they will do

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If he kept it throughout the match (as in, it simply replaced his B for the match entirety), he'd probably be low tier or mid tier purely by virtue of how good SHDL is.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea one move can really improve a character. If you gave kirby lasers from the start that he kept, he could camp extremely well. Also being able to duck underneath a bunch of the powershielded lasers.

kirby may actually move pretty significantly because of a **** projectile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom