• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So uhh..who thinks it bullshit that this is a "final" tier list?
The game is still evolving even now. Even after several years, new stuff is STILL being discovered as well as new match ups and such.
No need to cap the tier list even with brawl around, as brawl is a completely different game and has nothing to do with melee. And its not like melee is dead either. There is still a tournament every two-three weeks(in florida at least) and major tournaments seem to happen more often now.
Who agrees?

Vulcan55

Smash Lord

Luigi is Ryu because of the one hit "Hurricane kick" and one hit "Shoryuken" and because he's slower.
Mario is Ken because of the Multi-hit "Hurricane kick" and "Shoryuken", and he's faster, and is more beastly.
Peach is E. Honda because She's fat, ugly, and can't jump of her D-Throw and Side-B.
Fox is Chun because of his fast walking speed, and "Lightning legs", plus his gratuitous use of his legs.
Pikachu is Blanka because of his electricity, and his Nair/Side B are kind of like his Rolls.
DK is Zangief because he has awesome grabs and his "Lariat" (upB).
Spamus is Guile because of her super projectile spam and camping, plus an awesome "Low Forward".
Yoshi is Dhalsim because of something...I don't remember why.
Bowser is T. Hawk because of something...I don't remember why either.
Sheik is Cammy because she is a chick. There was probably something else, too.
Falcon is Fei Long because of his "flaming kicks" and his Nair is kind of like the "Chicken Wing", plus his fast walking speed and attacks.
Link is Deejay because he has good air kicks...I think.
Ganon is Boxer because he hits like a bus full of fat people.
Marth is Claw because they both space like a mofo and are homosexual.
Falco is Sagat because he is great with projectile spam, and without it.
Kirby is Dictator because his dash attack is like Psycho Crusher, and his Fair is sort of like Scissor kicks.

Tenthousand

Smash Rookie
falcon = m. bison(dictator) IMO
falcon kick = scissor kicks
raptor boost = psycho crusher
(dair = head stomp?)

maybe i just want them to be because they're both the most awesome characters in their respective games.

kr3wman

Smash Master
falcon = m. bison(dictator) IMO
falcon kick = scissor kicks
raptor boost = psycho crusher
(dair = head stomp?)

maybe i just want them to be because they're both the most awesome characters in their respective games.
Dic is reallyyyyyyy bland for a main antagonist.

QED

Smash Apprentice
Mario is Ken.

He has white blond woman.

truth k thx.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Oh ya.
Ganon and Boxer are both Black.
Shek's Uair = Cannon drill
Yoshi breathes fire (Just not in Melee. I think Jiggs = Sim, imo because of her stretchy limbs.)
Bowser is TH because they both blow.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion

Luigi is Ryu because of the one hit "Hurricane kick" and one hit "Shoryuken" and because he's slower.
Mario is Ken because of the Multi-hit "Hurricane kick" and "Shoryuken", and he's faster, and is more beastly.
Peach is E. Honda because She's fat, ugly, and can't jump of her D-Throw and Side-B.
Fox is Chun because of his fast walking speed, and "Lightning legs", plus his gratuitous use of his legs.
Pikachu is Blanka because of his electricity, and his Nair/Side B are kind of like his Rolls.
DK is Zangief because he has awesome grabs and his "Lariat" (upB).
Spamus is Guile because of her super projectile spam and camping, plus an awesome "Low Forward".
Yoshi is Dhalsim because of something...I don't remember why.
Bowser is T. Hawk because of something...I don't remember why either.
Sheik is Cammy because she is a chick. There was probably something else, too.
Falcon is Fei Long because of his "flaming kicks" and his Nair is kind of like the "Chicken Wing", plus his fast walking speed and attacks.
Link is Deejay because he has good air kicks...I think.
Ganon is Boxer because he hits like a bus full of fat people.
Marth is Claw because they both space like a mofo and are homosexual.
Falco is Sagat because he is great with projectile spam, and without it.
Kirby is Dictator because his dash attack is like Psycho Crusher, and his Fair is sort of like Scissor kicks.
i dont know what country your from but, boxer is Balrog, claw is Vega and dictator is M.Bison

lmao

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ok this derailment stops now, big deal that they're similar but lets stop.
You heard him :mad:

Out of curiosity, why is Mario rated so low. Like really low. =(

I though DJ Nintendo and Green Mario were reppin' Mario pretty hard.

The three mario chars don't have a lot of big-name pros in general though. ):

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mario is rated slightly lower then I think he should be but the main reason is because at higher levels Mario is just unable to beat the better top tier players. Fox can shut him down with just Bairs and it basically becomes Bair vs U-tilt which the smart fox can usually win with.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
What! What are you doing! this thread wasn't put here to talk about tiers! it was put here to talk about street fighter! this is SFWF, noob! :mad:

on topic: I don't know, I just feel, like Doc, Mario doesn't have that many good, (spammable) options. and then when in comes to that, Doc outshines him. the fact that mario is a worse clone (well technically doc's the clone but you know what I mean) really hinders how many people play him and are willing to discover new things for him. trust this from a Roy mainer.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I still strongly feel that pichu is a better character then Kirby.. sure kirby can float back on stage but pichu has a better recovery if done right.

And pichu also has combos like d-throw tech chases on spacies and falcon, not to mention two killer moves.

Kirby has absolutely nothing going for him, his throws are all useless and his not that much heavier then pichu survivability wise.

Laijin

Smash Hero

You heard him :mad:

Out of curiosity, why is Mario rated so low. Like really low. =(

I though DJ Nintendo and Green Mario were reppin' Mario pretty hard.

The three mario chars don't have a lot of big-name pros in general though. ):
Well. Thats how I feel bout' YL.
YL owns the entire tier list from mid tier downward..may have problems with samus though.
:| but thats just my opinion in match ups.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi needs to be way higher.

Haven't any of you seen Eggm play? He ***** pretty hard with Yoshi.

But I guess we need more Yoshi mains repping...

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I still strongly feel that pichu is a better character then Kirby.. sure kirby can float back on stage but pichu has a better recovery if done right.

And pichu also has combos like d-throw tech chases on spacies and falcon, not to mention two killer moves.

Kirby has absolutely nothing going for him, his throws are all useless and his not that much heavier then pichu survivability wise.
i'd give you a 8/10 for randomness. But I agree, Pichu is way better than Kirby. Kirby doesn't have any good options, whereas pichu has competitive grabs and combos. if it weren't for Pichu's lightness and his self-damage sh*t, he'd be (higher up) in bottom tier.

Yoshi needs to be way higher.

Haven't any of you seen Eggm play? He ***** pretty hard with Yoshi.

But I guess we need more Yoshi mains repping...
Yoshi is extremely diffucult to use, and true, eggm rocks, but it's not enough to bring him up "way higher". I personally cannot play Yoshi for my life and he's one of if not my worst character, but then, that really has nothing to do with the tier list.

Binx

Smash Master
I've been saying since the beginning that Kirby is worse that Pichu, at least Pichu is fast lol.

Yoshi has a garbage shield game, and it really hurts his options, thats why he is so low, even though he has *some* decent moves it just isn't enough to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom