• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Disturbing? LOL. but I agree. I think Falco should be third (Marth is overrated, but he's high because he's so easy to use everybody mains him) and Falcon should really be like 1 above peach. Iunno, maybe I underestimate defensive characters...

cykofox

Smash Ace
it is not just as tough as jiggs rest, jiggs can rest after uair, utilts, tech chases, she can probably duck roys grab, lots of options. and really, im almost positive if the jiggs DI's to either side, which they probably will be anyway just to move, it usually doesnt kill
jiggs can't duck his grab if he does dash grabs.

Binx

Smash Master
Sheik dominates the lower half of the list worse than Falco, and she is better vs Peach, and Marth than Falco is. Hence why she is third, also, she has amazing off the edge gimps, vs pretty much the entire cast and also is the easiest character in the entire game to use.

Marth's only bad match up is Sheik which is why he is second, and at a high level of play, its close to even from what I've observed and understand.

edit: jiggs beats roy because roy has no range.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
edit: jiggs beats roy because roy has no range.
LOL, saying "no range" is a stretch. you'd be surprised at how big the sweetspot is. and in moves like the Flare Blade and Dsmash you want to hit a tipper, and in the Nair, DED, and (of course) grabs, tippers barely hinder.

Wangster

Smash Apprentice
sheik should be top of tier list (my opinion) cuz i dont think she has a worst matchup. she can death-combo/gimp everybody. w/ fox n marth dey have a worst match-up. falco for fox n sheik for marth. sheik has even matches which r fox,falco n sheik. i really dont understand y sheik is 3rd in the tier list. she's broken as hell.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
The reason why Sheik is third is because not many people main her and she's hard to master. but it's not all about matchups. It would be weird having a top tier character that nobody plays as. but anyway, I hope this isn't the final tier list, because there's always more to explore, always.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's final in respect that smashboards was bought out by a brawl supporting body and that for some reason the moderators find it entirely their duty to destroy the melee community. There will never be another SBR final tier list and it doesn't really matter seeing as how melee will be played for a long time to come and it will keep changing anyways.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Yes, I realize that it was partly because they felt Brawl would take over and little will be left to play Melee like the small SSB64 community. they were wrong :(

Geist

Smash Master
sheik should be top of tier list (my opinion) cuz i dont think she has a worst matchup. she can death-combo/gimp everybody. w/ fox n marth dey have a worst match-up. falco for fox n sheik for marth. sheik has even matches which r fox,falco n sheik. i really dont understand y sheik is 3rd in the tier list. she's broken as hell.
Sheik is third because everyone has a Fox and he is the most successful tournament character. Marth is ****** everyone because of M2K and people like him, not because everyone is using him and he's easy to use, like some people have said.
Sheik lacks player support, or at least someone who uses her successfully and consistantly.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I sincerely doubt we're ever going to see him at a major thing ever again.

:(

As much as I would love for him to come back.

I think we need new people to step it up. Look to the future. I still think there is a future here. Hoping the old pros are going to come back isn't going to do anyone any good. If they come back, great, but what if they don't? Contingency plan plz.

DRD

Smash Lord
Well look. There's already new melee players just starting their tourny days, me included; surely a few of them have the potential. I'd like to think I do but probably not...

Point is, there is still an influx of new melee players. There will be new pros.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
brawl has been good for one thing.....attracting new melee players
brawlers always see melee>brawl and so they get curious and buy it..
if they play it long enough and figure out the AT's its already twice as good as brawl...
youll see alot of new players this year probably with all the brawl noobs playing melee..
farther in the future theyll probly change the list themselves

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
brawl has been good for one thing.....attracting new melee players
brawlers always see melee>brawl and so they get curious and buy it..
if they play it long enough and figure out the AT's its already twice as good as brawl...
youll see alot of new players this year probably with all the brawl noobs playing melee..
farther in the future theyll probly change the list themselves
Well, there is always Brawl+/Doubles Brawl which are apparently 18 times as good as regular/single Brawl which could live alongside Melee. But yeah, Melee is going to continue to grow long after regular Brawl expires.

But will there ever be any significant changes to the Melee tier list? Will we have any new characters cross the threshold into the above tier? Those are what people are going to be interested in, imo.

Fletch

Smash Master
Well, there is always Brawl+/Doubles Brawl which are apparently 18 times as good as regular/single Brawl which could live alongside Melee. But yeah, Melee is going to continue to grow long after regular Brawl expires.
This may be, but it will still never be close to Melee.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Try Brawl+ out. I won't sugar coat it, it's not as technically deep (auto l-canceling much) but it's a lot better than original Brawl, and it has a lot of potential.

Amide

Smash Lord
He said earlier in this thread:

"im a very smart kid and i know that if i had the ability to do/go where i want, i would be up there with m2k and mango. i know that for certain."

:/

Fletch

Smash Master
Try Brawl+ out. I won't sugar coat it, it's not as technically deep (auto l-canceling much) but it's a lot better than original Brawl, and it has a lot of potential.
I stopped caring about Brawl+ when everyone supporting it was against having the Melee air dodge/wavedashing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Good to see that tier list discussion still brings out thousands of posts of people not knowing what they're talking about.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
how long does a tier list stay the same? is there a set amount of time in between changing it and releasing a new one or is it when it just becomes apparent that the tier list is dated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom