• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
if you love him go back. go back to melee *waves hands into the "hardcore" hallway of nintendo*

(saying that Brawl sucks and that you should play melee is acceptable in the Melee boards, right?)

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
It's obvious that Captain Falcon's manliness is above the rest. I'm actually surprised, though, that his manliness doesn't make the game crash.

I think you should also include Marth's manliness as well as it does rank a close second to Captain Falcon's manliness, because if only it weren't for his tiara which retains his manliness, in the case that he took it off or that it wasn't there to begin with, then he would probably destroy everything. That's why in Brawl his FS obliterates the opponent in one hit, because his tiara raised up slightly off his head.

Other than that, good list. I'm actually surprised Falco went down a couple spots and Mewtwo went up some.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
still angry about IC not even being tied with jigglypuff and c.falcon >< anger spam hate!
I'm sure you must be emotionally distraught about a list of video game characters being in a specific order that you don't agree with.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Mewtwo's automatic combo against the spacies is probably what raised him up 2 spots.
Mewtwo, although being the coolest character in the game next to Roy, will always and forever be complete garbage in this game.
Actually, to me, any character who YL can literally not lose to unless the player kills themselves 4 times in a row is considered a horrible to me..and M2 is that character.
Young Link will never lose the match, no matter how good the M2 is.

Geist

Smash Master
Mewtwo, although being the coolest character in the game next to Roy, will always and forever be complete garbage in this game.
Actually, to me, any character who YL can literally not lose to unless the player kills themselves 4 times in a row is considered a horrible to me..and M2 is that character.
I'm assuming you've never played Taj...?
I'd say Taj is the reason for m2's tier placement. If it wasn't for him, I think it would have been guaranteed that m2 was dead last.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm assuming you've never played Taj...?
I'd say Taj is the reason for m2's tier placement. If it wasn't for him, I think it would have been guaranteed that m2 was dead last.
I've seen Taj and I'm pretty sure it would'nt make a difference. I've played both MookieRah and Iori however(Best M2s in the southeast..especially Iori. That guy is awesome). It really is an impossible match up for him.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You will always lose to Taj. No matter how good you think you're Young Link is, you will always lose to Taj.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
well that's because taj is top tier.

Why do we rank it by character? It should be like national power rankings lol

M2K
Taj
artist formerly known as Ken
(insert a hell of a lot of really awesome players in some really awesome order like Jman, mango, cort, etc.)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL, no matchup is so bad it's impossible. that's a common misconception. the tier list is based on if you're the same skill level as your opponent. Taj=absolute and utter win. even if the matchup is 9-1 or 10-0, you'll still get creamed. have you seen Sethlon's Roy take down respectable Shieks? watch them, and then tell me what is and isn't possible.

Laijin

Smash Hero
LOL, no matchup is so bad it's impossible. that's a common misconception. the tier list is based on if you're the same skill level as your opponent. Taj=absolute and utter win. even if the matchup is 9-1 or 10-0, you'll still get creamed. have you seen Sethlon's Roy take down respectable Shieks? watch them, and then tell me what is and isn't possible.
I've played against Sethlon's Roy. Its awesome.
He beats random sheik players because they probably did not know what to do against Roy(Happens a lot).
Not knowing the match up is bad as well combined with Sethlon being an awesome Roy player.

And yes, some match ups are indeed impossible.
If I remember correctly, one of the best kirby's in the nation(omnigamer I think?) got completely 4 stocked by some random Fox player. **** is impossible. Kirby literally can not be Fox no matter what.
Same with Pichu. Have you seem t1mmy or t0mmy ever win any major tournaments with pichu and kirby? The match ups are just impossible. lol.
Which is exactly what im saying with YL vs M2.
The match up is not 9-1.
Its more like 10-0.
Taj is good. He is amazing. But that still does not mean M2 can suddenly beat YL.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
sheik v bowser

===////

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure gimpyfish could beat a sheik
Sheik vs Bowser really is that bad.
Do you see gimpy winning any huge tournies? Nope.

YL vs Bowser is an auto win for YL as well. Like I said, he destroys all of low and bottom tier and has advantages all throughout mid tier as well(Except for Samus and probably Pikachu).

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I've played against Sethlon's Roy. Its awesome.
He beats random sheik players because they probably did not know what to do against Roy(Happens a lot).
Not knowing the match up is bad as well combined with Sethlon being an awesome Roy player.

And yes, some match ups are indeed impossible.
If I remember correctly, one of the best kirby's in the nation(omnigamer I think?) got completely 4 stocked by some random Fox player. **** is impossible. Kirby literally can not be Fox no matter what.
Same with Pichu. Have you seem t1mmy or t0mmy ever win any major tournaments with pichu and kirby? The match ups are just impossible. lol.
Which is exactly what im saying with YL vs M2.
The match up is not 9-1.
Its more like 10-0.
Taj is good. He is amazing. But that still does not mean M2 can suddenly beat YL.
I'm guessin' Pichu is absolutely worthless on the tier?
Chu Dat once one a major tournament with just Pichu. Then again, Chu Dat also brought ICs up like 10 spaces. plus, Pichu isn't even Chu Dat's secondary.

EDIT: how good pichu can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSPQih4-bw Chu Dat 3-stocks a Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-hsIhFT5o&feature=related against phanna. yeah, you heard me. phanna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtfTkFTOR8w&feature=related against sheik. don't even try to tell me Pichu is good against sheik. and Tope is good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWbk8YXPok&feature=related Pichu just beat a Marth. What now?

I can't say I like Pichu, or think Pichu's that good, but believe me, tiers do not in any way make up for skills.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
4 videos.

That's convincing.

Video proof is not proof.

Numbers, common consensus, and tournament results are the only thing that matter.

Binx

Smash Master
Chu Dat once one a major tournament with just Pichu. Then again, Chu Dat also brought ICs up like 10 spaces. plus, Pichu isn't even Chu Dat's secondary.

EDIT: how good pichu Chu Dat can be

I can't say I like Pichu, or think Pichu's that good, but believe me, tiers do not in any way make up for skills.
Fixed, also I agree with the last sentence.

EDIT: some of those matches are from 2006, you can't really count them because the metagame has changed so much.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
4 videos.

That's convincing.

Video proof is not proof.

Numbers, common consensus, and tournament results are the only thing that matter.
Fixed, also I agree with the last sentence.

EDIT: some of those matches are from 2006, you can't really count them because the metagame has changed so much.
all I was saying was that nothing's impossible. I get annoyed at people who think one character will be another character, no matter what. if you need numbers for that Manalord, I'm sure you'll find it. I told you that that was mostly due to Chu Dat being a beast and that I don't think Pichu should be top tier (though personally I think Pichu>Kirby), but saying "OMG if I do a top tier character I can't loose" is dumb. plain and simple.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Young Link doesn't **** Ness lol >_>;
I'm pretty positive YL does indeed **** Ness.
I've played good Nesses.
Ness does indeed have absolutely nothing in his arsenal that can do anything to YL. . He has by far one the worst recovery in the game. He floats in the air for like 10 seconds, begging someone to hit him. Then when he actually launches himself up, he stays in the air for like 10 seconds. Its almost near impossible not to gimp this guy and if he tries to sweet spot, bomp drop d-air ALWAYS works or a simple edge hog. ;)
YL > Ness.
I'd say the match up is like 8-2 in YL's favor.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
This video is Phanna two stocking a player that is significantly better than himself.
True, LOL. still, a pichu getting 2 stocks off Phanna disproves any stupid Ideas that Samus vs. Pichu is like 10-0 and it's almost impossible not to knock off 4-stocks *cough* Laijin *cough* (yes I know you didn't say anything about Samus but it's just that attitude you had).

I've played good Nesses.
Ness does indeed have absolutely nothing in his arsenal that can do anything to YL. . He has by far one the worst recovery in the game. He floats in the air for like 10 seconds, begging someone to hit him. Then when he actually launches himself up, he stays in the air for like 10 seconds. Its almost near impossible not to gimp this guy and if he tries to sweet spot, bomp drop d-air ALWAYS works or a simple edge hog. ;)
YL > Ness.
Ness doesn't have one of the worst recovery. even if it is gimpable and Y. Link has a lot of gimps, there's still a lot of options a good ness can do. I don't doubt that Y. Link has the advantage, but I don't know how **** it is exactly. But whatever, I honestly can't say much concerning Y. Link (besides that he's a ***** to play with Roy. it's only like 6-4 Y. Link, but it's just a boring matchup for me). There really should be a new matchup thread.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I've played good Nesses.
YL > Ness.
The only good Ness' in md are hova. That's it lol. IDK if he even played Ness. It's definitely not an 8-2 matchup lol that'd make him harder than Marth X_X.

Ness does have stuff, like his fair outranging ylink. He deals with projectiles pretty well since he's mobile. Plus he can uair combo ylink for like 80 damage. His dthrow also actually combos ylink (one of the few characters in the game it works for).

Ness can edgeguard toon link pretty well. Bat/dair/pk flash (yea I know he has a tether but it doesn't work on every stage) > his up-b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom