• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
The only good Ness' in md are hova. That's it lol. IDK if he even played Ness. It's definitely not an 8-2 matchup lol that'd make him harder than Marth X_X.

Ness does have stuff, like his fair outranging ylink. He deals with projectiles pretty well since he's mobile. Plus he can uair combo ylink for like 80 damage. His dthrow also actually combos ylink (one of the few characters in the game it works for).

Ness can edgeguard toon link pretty well. Bat/dair/pk flash (yea I know he has a tether but it doesn't work on every stage) > his up-b.
We're talking about the right game here right?
Assuming we are, being mobile does not mean you can deal with projectiles.
Fox is the fastest character in the game and with having a knowledge on how to spam projectiles correctly, you can pressure someone with projectiles very easily.
f-air does not matter when he has a bomb exploding in his face. I also don't think he'd be able to grab YL if the YL is throwing **** at him all day. Its extremely easy to combo floaties with projectiles, plus YL is faster than Ness and just overall has way more options(usually better options) than him in nearly every situation.
There is nothing wrong with lower tier character being a harder match up than a higher tier character. Although I don't want to argue how much harder the match up is, its definantly an uphill match up for Ness.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
The only good Ness' in md are hova. That's it lol. IDK if he even played Ness. It's definitely not an 8-2 matchup lol that'd make him harder than Marth X_X.

Ness does have stuff, like his fair outranging ylink. He deals with projectiles pretty well since he's mobile. Plus he can uair combo ylink for like 80 damage. His dthrow also actually combos ylink (one of the few characters in the game it works for).

Ness can edgeguard toon Young link pretty well. Bat/dair/pk flash (yea I know he has a tether but it doesn't work on every stage) > his up-b.
don't anger the melee gods

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

Conscience: remember wat mah usetah sai...if yah don't got anyting nice tah sai tah a BawrlTard, Don't say nottin' at all.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

Ness can edgeguard toon link pretty well. Bat/dair/pk flash (yea I know he has a tether but it doesn't work on every stage) > his up-b.
Ness vs Marth isn't an 8-2 at least?

Since when can Ness fight Marth at all?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Chu Dat once one a major tournament with just Pichu.
lol wut

He's beaten some decent people when they were starting out or about a year into the game or people he obviously severely outclasses but if you think he's going to waltz up to a good Sheik with his pichu and declare war with the expectation of having a good shot of winning you might be sorely mistaken (by "good Sheik", I mean, "Sheik he's not expontentially better than". Unfortunately, that slims the list quite a bit; Chu is too good).

Of course, I could be wrong. Chu's mind and hands are magical so what do I know.

Nurgle.

In any case, using Youtube like it's good evidence destroys your argument anyways because, quite frankly, you can find evidence for anything on Youtube. I could bolster some argument with Kirby being good through Youtube and find some mish mash of vids to back it up but I'd like to think that we've evolved beyond needing something drastic and inflated like that to illustrate the overwhelming stupidity of using Youtube to further your own point.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
yeah bowser will get 4 stocked by any good sheik

no matter how good the bowser
I'm skeptical of this sorry =).
I've had experience with Sheiks and my bowser still used to Nom on them.

However its definitely like 9-1 so I go Fox now rofl.

(I actually go Fox in every match-up now.)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Whose idea was it to call this the final tier list, by the way? I imagine it was Mow b/c he has this thing where he likes to assert with absolute certainty that Melee is dead when of course it clearly isn't.

But that should be changed. Once the SBR-M is up and running I'm sure in a year or so there will be changes that need to be made, a lot of people that still play have problems with Marth being higher than Sheik.

Apparently a ton of people have problems with the bottom half of the list too so I'm just saying, not a final list.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Since when can Ness fight most characters in the game?
I'm sorry guys, but I have a firm believe that Ness is only better than Pichu, M2 and Kirby, but sucks exponentially worst than every other character in the game.
no. Ness has good/even matches versus the rest of the low tier cast.

Binx

Smash Master
Marth wins more tournaments, he has always won more tournaments, so I have to assume he is better than Sheik, even though Sheik has a pretty good game vs him. I know there is something inherently broken about Sheik that I just can't figure out though haha.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Whose idea was it to call this the final tier list, by the way? I imagine it was Mow b/c he has this thing where he likes to assert with absolute certainty that Melee is dead when of course it clearly isn't.

But that should be changed. Once the SBR-M is up and running I'm sure in a year or so there will be changes that need to be made, a lot of people that still play have problems with Marth being higher than Sheik.

Apparently a ton of people have problems with the bottom half of the list too so I'm just saying, not a final list.
Thank you. "Final Tier list" had me scared there. hopefully soon all the good players will go back to Melee.

Laijin

Smash Hero

I'm so glad you agree with me. I said that a few pages ago and people freaked out. "WHAT. BUT THIS IS THE FINAL TIER LIST".
The game is clearly still active and alive. No need to make this the last tier list.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Genesis may help to reshape the tier list as well. A gathering of all the current best(including low tiers I hope) means there might finally be some application to this theorymon(Which is all you're doing Lai, unless you've ever actually played a top level Ness or Mewtwo you can't actually claim you know everything about the match up)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Genesis may help to reshape the tier list as well. A gathering of all the current best(including low tiers I hope) means there might finally be some application to this theorymon(Which is all you're doing Lai, unless you've ever actually played a top level Ness or Mewtwo you can't actually claim you know everything about the match up)
But thats the thing. I have indeed played top level M2s and Nesses(More so M2 than Ness).
Its been a few years for ness, but only about a year since I played a good M2(Iori). If you asked anyone who knows of Iori, they will tell you how good his M2 is and how consistent he is in tournaments.
So I do have experience with the match ups to be able to back up my opinions.

In the world of brawl, anyone who is not upper high tier or top tier is trash.
Thats just how balanced the game is.

Vts

Smash Champion
i'm going to say iori is 2nd best mewtwo, he wins tournament/ gets far in tournaments with just m2, he beats good ppl with low tier, and he is not human what more can i say.

i still feel that this tier list can change over time, its just smashboards most likely won't make another one.

unless Scar has some new powers that can possibly change that hint hint

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you think Iori goes only all mewtwo, then all of you are fools. He does play a really good Mewtwo but pretty sure he takes Fox more often.

Also, I want to be in SBR lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
For those concerned about the SBR-M, it's not currently active and asking to get you in isn't going to help, if you're good enough, and or knowledgeable enough, you're going to get let in.

Vts

Smash Champion
iori's fox kept up with darkrain's falcon, iori doesn't play fox as much as other but he kept up with the fox killer thats some skill right there.

iori doesn't really have a main he is good with everyone he just likes m2 more so got better with him.

pikachad is also really good with more than just 1 character, he started beating iori at their tri-weeklies, they hate playing each other but looks like chad has the upper hand this time around.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
smash seems to be the only game where if you dont play a character solely through a tourney, you dont "main that character".

Which makes no sense.

But smash is the "only game" for alot of things.

__

My point is the concept of a main gets lost alot around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom