• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntercrunch

Smash Rookie
This is just me, but I think Pichu should stay at bottom of bottom tier, but they should move Kirby under Pichu in the "Garbage tier".

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
XD, I agree. Kirby is really unusable. you can argue the fact that Kirby has never been the very last, but if you consider all the Kirby mains, it's pretty pathetic.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
there are good melee bases everywhere except md/va

the only large brawl communities i can even think of are like, houston, md/va, ny, and wherever in cali

everywhere else is more focused on melee, i'd say for sure that the community is stronger now than it had been for the months leading up to this tier list coming out

and, more importantly, there are still way more melee players at tournaments than there are players for most other fighting games. just cause we were spoiled with an even better community in the past doesnt mean we cant still advance the metagame, its just foolish to think that less players=nothing new is learned

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i think mow deserves a lil bit more respect guys...hes been here forever... even if hes wrong, or rather we think his opinion is wrong, doesnt mean we should mess with him...

plus hes the one that put my falcon sexy manliness on the list lol

Oracle

Smash Master
there are good melee bases everywhere except md/va

the only large brawl communities i can even think of are like, houston, md/va, ny, and wherever in cali

everywhere else is more focused on melee, i'd say for sure that the community is stronger now than it had been for the months leading up to this tier list coming out

and, more importantly, there are still way more melee players at tournaments than there are players for most other fighting games. just cause we were spoiled with an even better community in the past doesnt mean we cant still advance the metagame, its just foolish to think that less players=nothing new is learned
Texas sucks for competitive melee. In general, texans are scrubs. They banned MK almost universally as well as IC's chaingrabs. They also ban just about anything

:(

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
i mess with whoever happens to be being arrogant and/or wrong at the time

"respect is earned, not granted" - 5150
That's a good quote but being a **** won't get you everywhere.

Umbreon was an asset to the latest melee tier list, whether or not people respect that. I would assume he's familiar with the current melee metagame, and I would also like to point out that M2K is still using the same habits he was using last year to grab/edgeguard/kill. He's still top of the bunch as well. So maybe there are people developing their characters/mains under him, but they haven't caught the peak just yet. Hence, progress in terms of highest level play = low or none.

Brawl is a hit with all the kids who don't have to learn many techs. People whose parents tell them they're "special" or "gifted" at logic are swayed to a game where they can just play in the offtime around friends and be tournament competitive. But that doesn't mean they always win, the dedicated players are always going to be better at Brawl, just as in any other game.

Melee is amazing, it won't die for quite a while, just as many other fighting games don't. But that doesn't mean its not dying. All games take a big life-threatening blow/ailment when new things like Brawl come out, and Melee is still in the hospital to recover. It just may never walk the same as it did before, but a crippled community is still a strong one psychologically.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
being a **** wont get umbreon mow anywhere either, come on man think about stuff like that before you make it easy for me

anybody who was in the back room at the time was an asset to the creation of the tier list, my point is that many of the members of the back room, such as umbreon mow, do not really compete on a high level anymore, or in umbreon mows case they dont even play zelda and mewtwo at a decent level anymore

i have no idea what point youre trying to make with your last paragraph, youre kind of saying melee is dying so we shouldnt bother but then youre kind of saying its not, i dunno

i played m2k's sheik about a year ago and it was not the same then as it is now

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Of course M2K has room to improve his Sheik if that isn't his best character already.

I meant to say that Melee might never be the same, the community took a big hit that it won't fully recover from and all it can hope for now is some gaming community leaders to take interest in it so that their friends and their friends' friends may follow.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
while i have no hard evidence of this, m2k has stated for the past couple years that his sheik was as good as his marth

and regardless, if he is the best sheik, which is likely, then any improvements he makes is a change in the metagame at this point in the community

unless kdj picks up sticks again, drephen is the only sheik playing right now thats really comparable, and his style is not really gonna make any changes in the metagame considering he hasnt discovered any new tricks for himself in like 3 years

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
:] alright, cool, good point

Speaking of which...I wish Samus wasn't so hard to win with at tournaments now :[

D

Deleted member

if I'm wrong talk **** on me, that's what makes the internet so fun :)

edit: I played m2k last friday. he hasn't improved.

I am still quite better than Illinois as Zelda, watch yourself.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No he just **** talks players that he thinks he understands and then looks ********.

Please continue Umbreon I like watching the fail.

D

Deleted member

No he just **** talks players that he thinks he understands and then looks ********.

Please continue Umbreon I like watching the fail.
you have a lot to say for someone who hasn't done anything.

D

Deleted member

I think the only way we can settle this then is a money match @ alukard's on the 7th.

let's start at $50. I'll raise you however much you want.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Texas sucks for competitive melee. In general, texans are scrubs. They banned MK almost universally as well as IC's chaingrabs. They also ban just about anything

:(
Try not to flaunt your ignorance too much. Texas was decent at melee. Fastliketree,Xelic,Caveman,Wobbles,Rayzorium all have done pretty well OOS. Cave/Xelic 3-1ed M2K/Isai at FCD and I think both placed top 10 at FAST for melee. I believe Cort even said Xelic had a better peach then he did, though don't quote me on that :p. Sure, we suck compared to some top players, but it wasn't that bad lol.

Also, texas DOES NOT ban the CG's/MK. That is ONE TO in texas who happens to run the houston tournaments. No other city in texas has those rules, so please don't judge our entire state by that. Especially considering Texas is one of the top states for brawl right now.

God I hate houston rules.

Also, Umbreon and KevinM...cool it please.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
oh snap i didnt know you were going umbreon thats cool..

mods fighting is kinda funny lol, but i saw some older vids of mow vs scar and scar got ***** lol

im just sayin.. but thats cool.. yo kev we gotta mm too cuz your mean and i like falcon lmao

D

Deleted member

sure, I'll behave as long as I get those money matches.

don't refer to those matches of me vs scar. I'm sandbagging horribly because I was trying to teach him at the time and he was still fairly new. It is not an accurate representation of either of us.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think the only way we can settle this then is a money match @ alukard's on the 7th.

let's start at $50. I'll raise you however much you want.
I don't have 50 dollars to be spending but I will gladly money match you, also now lets let you have the obligatory, "You don't want to spend 50 because you're afraid you'll lose it" post that comes after this where you think you prove your point, but money matching me doesn't prove you have any idea what you're talking about.

Edit: Not that I think I'll lose, just saying yo.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
oh snap i didnt know you were going umbreon thats cool..

mods fighting is kinda funny lol, but i saw some older vids of mow vs scar and scar got ***** lol

im just sayin.. but thats cool.. yo kev we gotta mm too cuz your mean and i like falcon lmao
I'm only mean because it makes you try <3.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's absurd. You could say settling your matters with a video game is more sensible than physical acts of violence, but to put money on it seems... well... stupid.
We play this game competitvly. Money is put on smash every weekend. It's common practice, not out of place at all.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
That's absurd. You could say settling your matters with a video game is more sensible than physical acts of violence, but to put money on it seems... well... stupid.
obviously you haven't watched/been to a lot of tournaments, because money matching is extremely common. Also, usually people only bet between 1-5 dollars, so it really isn't too big of a deal money wise, it's just more of a respect kind of thing. In friendlies, you can play decent, but when you money match someone, you have to put it all on the line because of the money at stake, and therefore, you are both playing your hardest and whoever wins is generally respected more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom