• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't have $50 either. I was going to borrow it from m2k and pay him back after I won.

Let's do $20 then. Surely you can conjure up $20 in 2 weeks. I would also like the set taped and edited into the first post of this thread.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't have $50 either. I was going to borrow it from m2k and pay him back after I won.

Let's do $20 then. Surely you can conjure up $20 in 2 weeks. I would also like the set taped and edited into the first post of this thread.
With the tag, no matter who won this I still don't have any idea about what's going on in Melee?

And 20 is fine.

oh ima try alright.. so what falcon/falco vs what???? name your best :mad::mad::mad:
Um, Fox/Sheik/Puff/Falcon take your pick love.

I'm done discussing this here, it's not part of the thread and its not going to go anywhere. Lets end it, take it to PMs if you have anything further.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
noooo wait i wanna ask, i saw m2k's sheik vs lol masters marth today and when lol master was trying to sweet spot an up-b m2k would i guess intercept/counter it with sheiks dash attack, and it worked...

would that change anything?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
hahahahahaha

the mods arent very good at their job jona, dont worry about it

stuff like that is why i give them **** all the time
Our job isn't exactly easy, and some are better then others,

Discussion back on topic before I start handing out infractions instead of Hylian.

D

Deleted member

hahahahahaha

the mods arent very good at their job jona, dont worry about it

stuff like that is why i give them **** all the time
why, because we argue like the rest of the forum?

read your posts aloud sometime before you click "submit reply".

when the highest level of play surpasses what we saw @ OC3 and Fast1 and FCD I'll be much more inclined to propose another tier list. I'm still going to say that it is unlikely and to consider this the final version.

Prove me wrong.

edit: on my tier list vote, I put both Samus and Ganon @ 7/10

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion

nah cuz i got an infraction for something stupid

unless you cant see when other people get infractions...

i thought i was the only one that got one..well 2 lol

also some of florida is going to the tourney on the 7th in ny

im 100% sure that tourney alone will prove u wrong

Grunt

Smash Master
Not really. I'm thinking that, genesis and some other big national near the end of 09 would need to contribute as well.

DrewB008

Smash Lord

when the highest level of play surpasses what we saw @ OC3 and Fast1 and FCD I'll be much more inclined to propose another tier list. I'm still going to say that it is unlikely and to consider this the final version.

Prove me wrong.

edit: on my tier list vote, I put both Samus and Ganon @ 7/10
because the mods generally post just as much off topic stuff as any other member, and are exempt from any punishment for it while they give out punishment to others

jona i didnt get an infraction, i dont really know why you did at all you were posting better than most of us in here

prove me wrong in bold, pretty badass. youve been using that type of argument the whole time, since you cant prove your point either you just tell other people to prove something impossible, similar to you talking about why other peoples opinions are invalid because they never accomplished much in melee and then ignoring me when i ask why we should still value yours if you dont still compete in tournaments and never really proved to be a top player when you did from what i remember, unless a false claim that your zelda is better than anyone in illinois counts as a reason

now this is dumb because even if you are decent at the game and know what youre talking about, your elitist attitude makes me not wanna respect any arguments you might make.

have fun responding/infracting or w/e, im done

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Usually when I give you infractions for spam, that's a hint to STOP.

No, you can't see others infractions.

If you disagree with me infracting you then take it up in Forum Disputes. I don't know how any of you could spam and then be mad at me for doing my job.

Stop spamming.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
sheiks metagame recently is being changed very much so, never has she ***** falcon so bad until m2k showed up at event 52 with his.

i watched several matches and just like his marth, he performed the same combos, tech chases.

you can't tell me that sheiks this whole time have been doing this to **** falcons horribly laggy getup.
1. miss tech, jab to grab again
2. tech in place, grab again.
3. tech backwards, grab again.
4. tech away, dash attack.

he got it everytime, also another thing i've noticed since i've recently been picking up sheik which i saw as i watched matches with him was that he'd knock you off the edge, simply wait, fall off, then hold his momentum towards the stage and as you approached the ledge he'd dj backwards with the momentum that he had used then simply fair.

its a done deal i do it all day for an edgeguard.

sheik>marth in all overall matchups, but i realize that sheiks haven't been placing the best, but regardless m2k has changed the metagame with sheik with what i've listed, at least for me i've improved.

Laijin

Smash Hero
sheiks metagame recently is being changed very much so, never has she ***** falcon so bad until m2k showed up at event 52 with his.

i watched several matches and just like his marth, he performed the same combos, tech chases.

you can't tell me that sheiks this whole time have been doing this to **** falcons horribly laggy getup.
1. miss tech, jab to grab again
2. tech in place, grab again.
3. tech backwards, grab again.
4. tech away, dash attack.

he got it everytime, also another thing i've noticed since i've recently been picking up sheik which i saw as i watched matches with him was that he'd knock you off the edge, simply wait, fall off, then hold his momentum towards the stage and as you approached the ledge he'd dj backwards with the momentum that he had used then simply fair.

its a done deal i do it all day for an edgeguard.

sheik>marth in all overall matchups, but i realize that sheiks haven't been placing the best, but regardless m2k has changed the metagame with sheik with what i've listed, at least for me i've improved.
I thought all sheiks were already doing that o_0.
I've been doing that for like the past two years with my sheik.
Hell, even yesterday thats exactly how I ***** every falcon I played.
So thats not a change at all in her metagame.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i guess my point is i've never seen a sheik simply do that EVERYTIME to a falcon, and do nothing else, thats honestly what i saw every single time he'd play a falcon with sheik.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
i guess my point is i've never seen a sheik simply do that EVERYTIME to a falcon, and do nothing else, thats honestly what i saw every single time he'd play a falcon with sheik.
I think it's a matter of style. It's always been a part of Sheik's game versus Falcon, but it's undoubtedly less pronounced in some players.

Smooth Criminal

Laijin

Smash Hero
I think it's a matter of style. It's always been a part of Sheik's game versus Falcon, but it's undoubtedly less pronounced in some players.

Smooth Criminal
Are you kidding me? Really? Thats how Sheik fights Falcon.
She d-throws and grabs him for the entire stock.
There are other ways, but that is by far the easiest with the least amount of effort to play the match up. Its nothing new.
Its also how Sheik fights Fox and Falco. Mostly tech chase grabs for majority of the stock.
Its been like this for the past 2 years.
Its nothing new in her metagame.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Are you kidding me? Really? Thats how Sheik fights Falcon.
She d-throws and grabs him for the entire stock.
There are other ways, but that is by far the easiest with the least amount of effort to play the match up. Its nothing new.
Its also how Sheik fights Fox and Falco. Mostly tech chase grabs for majority of the stock.
Its been like this for the past 2 years.
Its nothing new in her metagame.
>__>

I was agreeing with you, Laijin. Not disagreeing. ****** the hell out of Falcon with tech-chase d-throws is NOT anything new. I was just pointing out that not all Sheiks fight Falcon that same way (though, imo, they should).

I need to word things better.

Smooth Criminal

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i know its nothing new, its that its been pointed out that if you can react the way m2k does to cfalcons then sheik is like 80/20 falcon lol.

i just realized that honestly playing to win like that, which only m2k seems to do with sheik, seriously is just unstoppable for a falcon.

Laijin

Smash Hero
i know its nothing new, its that its been pointed out that if you can react the way m2k does to cfalcons then sheik is like 80/20 falcon lol.

i just realized that honestly playing to win like that, which only m2k seems to do with sheik, seriously is just unstoppable for a falcon.
Every Sheik player has perfected that like 2-3 years ago. Not only is it nothing new, but every sheik player ***** Falcon just like that perfectly. lol. The only Falcon can win this match up is if his execution is PERFECT and he gets a stock off of Sheik starting a combo 0-death with every hit he gets in. Otherwise, if your execution is not up that level. The match is unwinnable.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
laijin thats not true, 2-3 years ago only a couple sheiks were able to do it well, and now there still are only a few that can consistently do it nearly as well as m2k. the difference between even m2k doing it back then and doing it now is quite large

tope and drephen are good with the tech chasing i know, and there are probably a couple others but its not many

that being said, the matchup is still really bad for falcon

Laijin

Smash Hero
laijin thats not true, 2-3 years ago only a couple sheiks were able to do it well, and now there still are only a few that can consistently do it nearly as well as m2k. the difference between even m2k doing it back then and doing it now is quite large

tope and drephen are good with the tech chasing i know, and there are probably a couple others but its not many

that being said, the matchup is still really bad for falcon
Whoa. Seriously? lol.
I should've used Sheik in tournaments more 2-3 years ago. haha.

Scar

#HarveyDent
whether you do or not will not change the finality of the list, it will just make people bitter when they want to comment to it and are unable to.
Self-appointed finality, sir. It's actually not the final list btw. Jigglypuff is one of the best characters in the game and when asked for a legitimate reason for why she isn't top tier no one has one.

YO MOW YOU BETTER GET YOUR *** TO NY ON MARCH 7TH. Me and USA are gonna show you how good we got.

As always you're just gonna **** Tim sideways lmao but I'm gonna **** you, guess we have to MM too.

also
actually I went through and checked just to see how accurate that was

check this out suckkas

MELEE WILL NEVER DIE

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
who in FL is going on the 7th? o_0
i actually dont remember, i canr find the post either, but someone posted there gonna try to come to this with some people from FL

nevermind i found it

im trying to bring some ga peeps and fl..hopefully i can get siz and speedn out of there caves...
sooooooo florida is stoked for this we all want to come hopefully the plane tix will be cheap enough

Razor

Smash Journeyman
sheik is amazing, but i think marth is still just as good if not better. marth does noticebly better against spacies, does slightly better against peach, and does really well against IC's(hard for sheik). puff is hard too bc resting sheik is a joke. sheik's matchups are quite amazing, but isn't it obvious the top tiers all have their own strengths?

my main reason for being okay with this list being final:

i think the tier list will basically become a circular trend. the tier list will have slight changes that mostly reflect recent tourny trends, NOT the truth. falco is back to being 4th like he was in 03-04. fox has been number 1 for years. i'm okay with this being the last one. i would prefer if the melee community lasted forever, but is that realistic? no. like the lost boys, we have to leave neverland some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom