• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stev

Smash Ace
well M2K DID say that sheik was still the best character in the game before RoM, so he may have been doing that to prove so because frankly, there hasn't been too many great sheik mains

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
beating Dark RAin, not to discredit him isnt gonna prove sheik is the best in the game. One way of proving that would be for him to stop maining marth and main sheik. Also to make a valid statement he would need to beat someone he couldnt beat with his main....mango.

he needs to beat mango's puff with sheik to make that stand.

I think he was just cp a respectable falcon

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
to clear up the confusion, me and darkrain had a few friendlies the night before Event 52. The first match i went fox i 4 stocked him somehow, only for him to beat me right back (altho that match was by 1 stock). I then switched to see how my Marth would do, and I won like 2/3rds of them I think (lost 1 or 2). My sheik lost won but won the rest, I forget how many we had. I don't remember if we had any falcon dittos. I forget how many friendlies we had, maybe 6-10? I could be wrong I don't remember it that well honestly.

Reason that I rarely use Fox in tourney is cuz mine is wayyyyyyyyyy too random. My best with Fox is really really good (there are no vids of it, just take my word... or don't I don't care I'm just explaining my reasoning) but my worst with him is really really bad, probably because I don't main him anymore and because brawl drained a lot of my tech skill. Fox varies way way way way too much, he is both my best character and the worst of my mains depending on how I'm playing. My Sheik and Marth are more consistent, and I also 4th falcon and 5th peach and I'm pretty good w/ them. I'm not even sure who I'd use if I fight SS, I could use Fox Sheik Marth or Falcon. I don't have a main anymore (and rarely ever touch melee anymore since it's not a big game anymore) so I'm never sure who to pick. I felt like picking Sheik vs Darkrain at that time, so I tried him out to see how I did. I won the 1st so I stayed her the 2nd.

edit - **** I just realized my marth is also random. One time Scar beat me in a friendly by 2 stock high % on dreamland, then in tourney like half hour later I beat him 4 stock 60% and 4 stock 30% in a row cuz I was playing so perfectly. My Marth has almost jv 5d Gregulate on TWO different occasions (1 hit away both times, one in 2006 one in 2007), but he's also beaten me several times in that match too. My Marth has 8 stocked (4 and 4) Jman's Fox in a set like half a year ago, but he's also taken a set from me too. This game is so random at least in my experiences. Maybe it's just me <.< idk or could be both. Probably both

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i'm surprised we haven't expand the maps for neutrals and allow 2 stage ban.

maybe up it to 10 stages.

@m2k lulz.....
really?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to expand the "neutrals" and alter the stage selection process to properly accommodate for the high number of stages that knock matchups off balance, but it's hardly surprising that this hasn't happened.

Melee is very hard set in our "neutrals" and takes a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" stance when faced with alternate rule sets.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
no. as much as I like luigi, Doc is just a beast overall. if there were a really good Doc main, you could see it. unfortunately there's a lot of good ones, but no Chu/Ken/M2K/Azen good ones.

Binx

Smash Master
Luigi should be above Doc.
I agree

no. as much as I like luigi, Doc is just a beast overall. if there were a really good Doc main, you could see it. unfortunately there's a lot of good ones, but no Chu/Ken/M2K/Azen good ones.
I've played Ka-master and Luigi has a lot of good moves for a lot of situations, he has a really good edgeguard game (yeah... who knew?) and is very fast on the ground and tough to combo, does this make up for his other disadvantages? not vs the top several characters in the game who have more range speed and priority along with a better projectile, but does Doc win in many of these categories? prolly not.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Luigi has a fantastic hold on the lower tiers. trust me, I know about Luigi (more than I know about Doc). And I'm not completely against Luigi being above Doc (partially because I don't give as much credit to Doc as others who think he should be above Ganon and Samus), it would still be wrong. Doc may not be great against the high tiers, but the fact that none own him too much makes up for a lot. frankly, there's not many characters in mid who are good against top and high. that's why they're in mid (great potential, but bad against tops).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I agree

I've played Ka-master and Luigi has a lot of good moves for a lot of situations, he has a really good edgeguard game (yeah... who knew?) and is very fast on the ground and tough to combo, does this make up for his other disadvantages? not vs the top several characters in the game who have more range speed and priority along with a better projectile, but does Doc win in many of these categories? prolly not.
Trust me thats not luigi, thats KA. Its not even that he is so oppressive with luigi its that he knows what you are going to do. That man IS experience.

Good recovery, but is floaty. You can outspace him and just single hit your way through that matchup.

I feel that doc has more gimps and a little more power against the top tiers[on spacies its easy to combo into Fsmash, plus the cape, and double bairs.]

I think that overal doc just gets the job done faster while probably taking less damage.

Ka doesnt travel alot and so he doesnt get to spread his luigi butter, but the more you play him the more you realize that its not his character that is so **** its his crazy ability to read and be preimptive that puts ppl stocks behind.

otg

Smash Master
Doc is better than Luigi but not by much. Can cg 1/3 of the cast (and most of them are people that actually matter), better aerial mobility than Luigi and as a result his edgeguard game is much better, usable projectile, throw->finishers on every character in the game except Samus.

I can't stress how good it is to just Bob$ someone to death at 0% with a few bairs. Nothing is more satisfying.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I agree with what someone said in that Doc doesnt have and has never had a breakthrough player really make him shine.

There is/never has been a Bum/KA/Kage/Taj/Hugs/Chu of Doc. granted there has been good players like Bob$ but no Doc main has ever really broken through.

Doc as a char is good and the problem with middle tier is that they tipically get trounced by 1-2 of the top and maybe even a high tier. Doc really only suffers against Marth, he's got weapons to fight against the spacies and shiek, and no one in high tier overwhelms him either.

If a standput player was to come forth with Doc, i'd recon he'd be the one of the middle tiers to see a the biggest increase in tier position/notoriety relative to the others (ganon, samus, luigi etc)

Binx

Smash Master
Meh, Luigi can double aerial, shield pressure, gimp off the ledge, and basically do everything that doc can, while being harder to combo and faster on the ground, what he doesn't have is pills. Luigi can hit Marth with run off dairs during his recovery, can tilt spacies out of fire fox and forward b's, can combo the *** out of Fox Falco and Falcon when he hits them, and his recovery is better (in my opinion, but yes, still gimpable)

They are both bad, but Luigi is harder to hit so it makes him better, once again IMO. I don't think that anyone in the tier list is misplaced enough for it to be significant.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think the point was that Luigi does them better, not that Doc couldn't.
Right, I think you need more practice on reading the boards cuz Im pretty sure that we are saying doc is better because he can do what luigi can do just as well or better[plus more]
And much, much more!
All this can be yours, for three easy payments of five-hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.
Man this was almost a good post. 599$ are u ****tin me. Havent you seen as seen on tv.

19.99 and give away free **** and you have a deal.

Drko

Smash Rookie
Samus....

Wouldnt you consider samus in the 8.0 range? From how i see players using him. i feel that hes a top tier contender. But idk much but i just think hes better than people make him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom