• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRD

Smash Lord
Can this list really be "final"?

I predict that people will come back to melee; its already showing

As long as people continue to play melee and have tournaments, won't the metagame and the tier list continue to change?

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Yeah, but the SBR could choose to no longer make more defined tier lists, so it is the final 'official' tier list. But I doubt it, so you're right.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Can this list really be "final"?

I predict that people will come back to melee; its already showing

As long as people continue to play melee and have tournaments, won't the metagame and the tier list continue to change?
i'm seeing it too.
i don't think melee is dying.
i wouldn't be shocked if the melee tournament scene outlived that of the brawl community.
but we'll see.

btw, i posted something VERY similar to your post a while back. haha

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
we'll make a pseudo-sbr and release an unofficial one, LOL.

Most of them care more about brawl nao anyways =3

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
The cruel truth that keeps me holding 64 and Brawl along with Melee.

What did Kirby have over Pichu again?
Kirby beats Pichu in head to head apparently xD

Also Kirby probably has random better matchups among bottom/low tiers (obv they both get ***** by real characters)

Like Kirby does well vs Bowser while Pichu doesn't, for example (this is all from their character boards)

otg

Smash Master
kirby is the worst character in the game easily
Agrees. He might beat Pichu in a heads up matchup but that's probably the only good matchup he has (if infact its good for him at all lol). He just has NOTHING going for him. ****ty range, no projectile (don't be calling Final Cutter a projectile), very few usable moves, slow in the air, very little combo potential, a ****ty set of aerials, a HORENDOUSLY gimped recovery... I could rant on and on about this. The only positive aspect about him is Kirbycides, but guess how you get out of them? Fight Kirby in the middle of the stage and camp him out. Good bye Kirby

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
He just has NOTHING going for him. ****ty range, no projectile (don't be calling Final Cutter a projectile), very few usable moves, slow in the air, very little combo potential, a ****ty set of aerials, a HORENDOUSLY gimped recovery... I could rant on and on about this. The only positive aspect about him is Kirbycides, but guess how you get out of them? Fight Kirby in the middle of the stage and camp him out. Good bye Kirby
Reaper combo, son (u-tilt x 5411896819152
lol Smash 64
)

Seroiusly though, u-tilt is like his best move, and it's not that good. He has some okay things, but he's so slow and has such a ****ty approach that it's nigh impossible to land them.

Although a well-played Kirby is mad sexy.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Agrees. He might beat Pichu in a heads up matchup but that's probably the only good matchup he has (if infact its good for him at all lol). He just has NOTHING going for him. ****ty range, no projectile (don't be calling Final Cutter a projectile), very few usable moves, slow in the air, very little combo potential, a ****ty set of aerials, a HORENDOUSLY gimped recovery... I could rant on and on about this. The only positive aspect about him is Kirbycides, but guess how you get out of them? Fight Kirby in the middle of the stage and camp him out. Good bye Kirby
Way to list all of Kirby's bad attributes (yes, there are a lot of them) as if they're relevant to determining whether he's the worst character

I mean you're acting like you couldn't just make a similiar paragraph trashing Pichu...

They both get ***** by mid+ tiers. I don't think that's really disputable. So it's really their matchups against bottom/low tiers that determine who's the worst, right?

So name some matchups that Pichu actually does better in.

Also since Gimpyfish is here, would you say Kirby or Pichu does better vs Bowser? >.>

Fletch

Smash Master
I disagree with that logic, I think it's way more important on how they do against the top tiers since those are the characters you will see more often. Now don't get me wrong, both characters get *****, but at least Pichu has some better combos on the spacies including a CG (Pichu main needs to confirm this), whereas Kirby just does not but get ***** against everyone.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I disagree with that logic, I think it's way more important on how they do against the top tiers since those are the characters you will see more often. Now don't get me wrong, both characters get *****, but at least Pichu has some better combos on the spacies including a CG (Pichu main needs to confirm this), whereas Kirby just does not but get ***** against everyone.
I can tell you as a fact that Pichu does not have a CG on the spacies. And Pichu doesn't have combos. At all. He has Uairs and you can't even juggle with them for more than 3 or 4 so you get like, 9 damage max from it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
pichu is better than kirby, lol

pichu has a good recovery and a projectile, a spammable as **** nair, and decent smashes and is like super fast, that's more than kirby can say lol

kirby literally has nothing aside from kirbycides and his uair and bair pretty much

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Pichu's projectile is useless.

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
Ice Climbers 7.9

Regarding their top/high matchups, all I know is that both get ridiculously pwned by Marth and Sheik, and that Pichu's matchups on Falcon and Falco aren't too bad. Jiggly could be an OK matchup for Pichu/Kirby.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
pichu is better than kirby, lol

pichu has a good recovery and a projectile, a spammable as **** nair, and decent smashes and is like super fast, that's more than kirby can say lol

kirby literally has nothing aside from kirbycides and his uair and bair pretty much
Pichu has a projectile in the same sense that kirby does, in that it's slow, easily avoidable and useless, the only difference is Pichu's hurts him. Pichu's recovery is pretty predictable really, and deals anywhere from 4 to 15% to Pichu every time he uses it(Depending on which moves he uses) His smashes are anything but decent, they have obscenely low range and no real power. His Nair is spammable only because its his only decent move, and even then it's not that useful. It's easily readable and has such horrid range that any player with actual skill will be able to dodge/shield grab it. Pichu is a joke, anyone who thinks he's worth anything other than absolute bottom tier is insane(Yes, you too gimpy)

Fletch

Smash Master
I can tell you as a fact that Pichu does not have a CG on the spacies. And Pichu doesn't have combos. At all. He has Uairs and you can't even juggle with them for more than 3 or 4 so you get like, 9 damage max from it.
The guides on the Pichu boards say that the upthrow can CG Fox, Falcon, and Falco. Not really sure for myself though since I don't play Pichu, but I've heard it mentioned before.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The guides on the Pichu boards say that the upthrow can CG Fox, Falcon, and Falco. Not really sure for myself though since I don't play Pichu, but I've heard it mentioned before.
It does on Falcon at any percent. Fox at like 65% and Falco like 70%, but the amount of knockback the throw has horizontally from the DI is stupid so it only works for so long. LOL

Upsmash from pichu has some range (at the ****ing back of it >_>) and kills decently enough.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
It does on Falcon at any percent. Fox at like 65% and Falco like 70%, but the amount of knockback the throw has horizontally from the DI is stupid so it only works for so long. LOL

Upsmash from pichu has some range (at the ****ing back of it >_>) and kills decently enough.
The CG can actually be teched so it doesn't work by Fox if I remember correctly.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
are u guys honestly talking

about kirby and pichu

LOL

they both sucks who cares

hahha

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The CG can actually be teched so it doesn't work by Fox if I remember correctly.
Really? cause like they would have to tech a good amount above the ground...but then again, I haven't tried too much with the cg cause it sucks anyway.

are u guys honestly talking

about kirby and pichu

LOL

they both sucks who cares

hahha
But they have hearts of gold.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
then falco just dairs/utilts/ccs them out of anything they try to do and get comboed while they can't really do anything back

Fletch

Smash Master
Pichu has a projectile in the same sense that kirby does, in that it's slow, easily avoidable and useless, the only difference is Pichu's hurts him. Pichu's recovery is pretty predictable really, and deals anywhere from 4 to 15% to Pichu every time he uses it(Depending on which moves he uses) His smashes are anything but decent, they have obscenely low range and no real power. His Nair is spammable only because its his only decent move, and even then it's not that useful. It's easily readable and has such horrid range that any player with actual skill will be able to dodge/shield grab it. Pichu is a joke, anyone who thinks he's worth anything other than absolute bottom tier is insane(Yes, you too gimpy)
His smashes aren't horrible, the F-smash has some good power to it (can be DIed though) and the u-smash, although not great, isn't horrible either. Mango has a good point though, both these characters are too awful to discuss and are definitely the bottom two.

otg

Smash Master
Way to list all of Kirby's bad attributes (yes, there are a lot of them) as if they're relevant to determining whether he's the worst character

I mean you're acting like you couldn't just make a similiar paragraph trashing Pichu...

They both get ***** by mid+ tiers. I don't think that's really disputable. So it's really their matchups against bottom/low tiers that determine who's the worst, right?

Also since Gimpyfish is here, would you say Kirby or Pichu does better vs Bowser? >.>
lol jeez guy chill. Of course YOU could make a similar argument for Pichu. But guess what? I can't. Why? I've never faced a good Pichu, couldn't tell you why he sucks, even though it's pretty obvious. You ever fight a good Kirby? I have, and after playing him I feel I can talk about how ****ty he does vs. pretty much anyone.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kirby's a multicolored cream puff whose best move is blowing the opponent.

In fairness, Pichu is an emotional, self-hating rodent who attacks by throwing his face at the opponent so that's not any better...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I agree, Pichu is an emo mouse.

Binx

Smash Master
According to both T!mmy and T0mmy Pichu is worse, this in my experience however is false, at reasonable levels of play Kirby is a worse character because he has no aerial or ground speed whatso ever, this coupled with the fact that he has barely more range than pichu makes him more predictable. Unfortunately for Kirby he is the only character in Melee who couldn't destroy the entire brawl roster.

Pichu has better grabs and is faster, he at least occasionally can get a chance to get a character off the edge and gimp them, with Kirby if he isn't at the edge with them then he isn't fast enough to take advantage of the times where he does actually manage to hit them with something strong enough to get them off the edge.

Also LOL at pichu being a self hating rodent who uses his own face to hurt opponents.

Fletch

Smash Master
According to both T!mmy and T0mmy Pichu is worse, this in my experience however is false, at reasonable levels of play Kirby is a worse character because he has no aerial or ground speed whatso ever, this coupled with the fact that he has barely more range than pichu makes him more predictable. Unfortunately for Kirby he is the only character in Melee who couldn't destroy the entire brawl roster.
****, he is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom