• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
lol jeez guy chill. Of course YOU could make a similar argument for Pichu. But guess what? I can't. Why? I've never faced a good Pichu, couldn't tell you why he sucks, even though it's pretty obvious. You ever fight a good Kirby? I have, and after playing him I feel I can talk about how ****ty he does vs. pretty much anyone.
Why are you telling me to chill O.o

My post seemed calm enough to me...

Alright, we'll agree to disagree then.

@fletch:

Normally that's exactly the reasoning I go by in determining tiers (examine matchups, with top and high tier matchups being much more heavily weighted).

In the case of Kirby vs Pichu though, determining whether one has a 15-85 vs the other's 20-80 or whatever vs a top or high tier isn't going to be especially relevant. If either of them had anything even approaching a 40-60 then maybe it would be.

So I think it's valid to point out that Pichu basically has no EVEN matchups, let alone favorable, while Kirby can hold his own in some of them. Or so I've been led to believe by the discussions on the character specific boards.

Fletch

Smash Master
His D-throw (the only good throw besides Up-throw) on several characters gets him N-aired in the face and Rested by Jiggs. Of course he's that bad. Q_Q
Poor guy, I picked him up in SSB64 and can't believe the difference in Kirby between the games.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Even after all these years, I'm still appalled ANYONE considered Kirby fine for ANY type of play (even casuals should be shocked when F-Smash sends their opponent UP with no killing ability, or when he loses all his jumps if knocked out of a throw, after using U-throw/F-throw, and and if knocked out of Final Cutter. Not to mention that you have to tipper a ****ing hammer to kill with it. and 2 throws are near useless...

/end slight rant.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Even after all these years, I'm still appalled ANYONE considered Kirby fine for ANY type of play (even casuals should be shocked when F-Smash sends their opponent UP with no killing ability, or when he loses all his jumps if knocked out of a throw, after using U-throw/F-throw, and and if knocked out of Final Cutter. Not to mention that you have to tipper a ****ing hammer to kill with it. and 2 throws are near useless...

/end slight rant.
... Don't play Kirby?
Learn2TopTier
Lol j/k, play whoever you feel comfortable with.
Just don't complain if you lose (not directed at you).

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

/end slight rant.
last time I checked 4 of his throws are nearly useless

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

/end slight rant.
I agree. all my noob friends say, "Pichu does damage on himself! He should be bottom!", though really the small amount of damage is nothing. that said, the only thing real thing going for him is his slightly legitimate grabs. But Kirby is slow and near useless. the reason why Kirby isn't, and never has been, the very bottom is because for whatever reason there are tons of Kirby mains (either people were too into him in SB64 or they just like him). though it's strange to see these rants from a Kirby main.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure most players who main bottom/low tier characters realize their characters are ****ty. Gimpy does, lol.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
This tier list looks **** good to me, I'm gonna be honest. I'm also a tad iffy on the Doc/Gannon thing, but I'm not about to make a big deal out of it, their placement isn't going to change who or how I play. I was also surprised to see Fox so even with Marth after M2K's horrorshow of perfection, but again I can see it. Furthermore, are we legit making this a -final- tier list?

devina

Smash Rookie
I have got a business plan and I want to start my own business but equipment is so expensive. So I am looking for a business grant. I have heard about those grants all the time but can't find any information on them. I don't want to buy the book that tells you, I want the actual information, website or name of companies and to know how to go about getting them. Does anyone have any information on how to get them? Thank you so in advance.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I have got a business plan and I want to start my own business but equipment is so expensive. So I am looking for a business grant. I have heard about those grants all the time but can't find any information on them. I don't want to buy the book that tells you, I want the actual information, website or name of companies and to know how to go about getting them. Does anyone have any information on how to get them? Thank you so in advance.
What the ****?

GTFO of Smashboards with your unrelated ****!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i like this post i wanna sig it

and i dunno go make a thread :laugh:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Tier List is good, for the most part.

Of course Yoshi is low, because only dedicated mainers can learn how to master him. He's not the best character ever, but he can be deadly in the right hands.

<3 :yoshi:

And wow, Kirby is pretty low lol.

And how all of his grabs are worthless. :\

Miztik

Smash Master
Ill give ideas only if the business is used to run MELEE TOURNEYS!!!

if not

GTFO

LOL

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Meta, you fail for thinking Bthrow is in any way useless.
Once they are past the "breakout" percentage, puts your opponent closer to the edge for a potential edgeguard? Their is that when your opponent doesn't poke or camp you when you're near an edge (most people have wisened up to Kirby edge tactics in my area).

I just never really get to use B-throw for anything besides damage anymore. People will gay me into approaching. Doesn't help that B-throw just isn't that great (better then Brawl's at least).

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I think ness is far worse than kirby or pichu lol.
really? i've found that with ness you can actually do some stuff as long as you're still on the stage. a few minorly good aerials, the bat, dash attack has good range. kirby is just lag incarnate and pichu hurts himself with his own moves :p

there's this thing called 'google' that you can use to find forums on finances. or, for someone who really wants to go the extra mile, you could even just google 'business grant'. i know, it's a lot to take in, just breath, and remember, the sudden swellings in your head will decrease in severity after you reach IQ 40 or so. good luck with that

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
marth ftw!
lol judging by ur join date, ur a marth fan boy who is simply posting cuz ur characters is high on the list.

It was a good idea for the SBR to make a new tier list since the penultimate one since m2k started winning a lot w/ marth after that list came out, also its pretty obvious that a major factor in the rising of jiggs is based on Pound 3/the one and only mango(i saw him play doubles at WCSL, dude he is still beast)

I think that the top tier is by a general consenus of the melee community preety accurate, even if you dont like the placement, it is obvious those characters are the 4 best in tourney play.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lulz @ King XD

And I just recently learned that Ken's Peach Theory was like literally true lol

I thought it was just based on Peach's playing style but then I found out XD

heatran15

Smash Cadet
they should have bowser in high or medium cause I played bowser and he slams and is hard to escape I played him hes tough for other people.

Bandit000

Smash Cadet
lol judging by ur join date, ur a marth fan boy who is simply posting cuz ur characters is high on the list.
ummm...
how do you get that by my join date?
if someone had joined a year earlier and posted the same reply that i did would it mean something different?

it merely means that...
yes, i main marth.
and yes,
i was happy to see him at the top of the list.

funny thing is is that this "marth fan boy" could probably mob you so quick with marth that it'd make your head spin.

so i'll say it again... for old times sake.

MARTH FTW!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I think your quote is a lie lol I was surprised when someone told me Jeff said that lol I was like hahaha gud1...n00b XD

Then he pulled it out lol

All my friends don't post on here but dang they're super awesome! lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom