• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you're delirious if you think SS can beat PC or Cactus.

/argument.
LMAO
you're missing the point completely.
i'm NOT saying SS could beat PC or cactuar.
i'm saying it's ignorant to say that person X can or cannot beat person Y, when they've never played before. there is no way of concluding this type of argument unless they actually played a set or two and/or you admit that both possibilities are, in fact, possibilities.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I hate these arguments. Maybe one day SS will have an epic showdown with me, and I will laugh at all of you when I sit down and pick Marth.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I hate these arguments. Maybe one day SS will have an epic showdown with me, and I will laugh at all of you when I sit down and pick Marth.
LMAO tooo good!!!! hahaha

p.s. we just became friends because of this post...
(but secret friends, so don't tell)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
darkrain is better than ss yea.. but not vs fox.. nooo way no how.

ss almost beat mango =/ and mango beat m2k sooo....

anyways we all have to see ss vs cactuars fox...

sorry for talking about that again but it think ss's falcon has the best chance vs cactuars fox..
I dunno is this has been said already but

I just had to say this was really ****ing dumb on many accounts. Jona I don;t see how could possible know who is better at the match up, seeing as how you have not played either of them with fox. And saying mango beat m2k has no basis in this at all, seeing as how mango won with jiggs, and this is a conversation on how good they are versus fox. Saying he beat m2k doesn't tell us how good his fox and more specifically how good his fox is against falcon. I don't even have an opinion on the subject I just needed to point out that this was an incredibly dumb post.
I also think Jona is biased because of all the recent ss vids on youtube.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
cactuar you would be such a homo if you went against ss and didnt pick fox. that would even be remotely funny.
you could laugh at everyone but if i was there i would just leave. thats stupid.

you should go all fox on him. just becuase that is like the dream matchup right there.

go marth if you wanna be gay. and be like "lol he cant even beat my marth"

stuuuuuuuuuuupppid

fox or dont even bother playing him

DrewB008

Smash Lord
why would somebody think SS has more experience vs spacies?

darkrain has gone to many more tournaments and played many more different spacies, SS just plays zhu tang lucky and mango over and over again pretty much

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
I dunno is this has been said already but

I just had to say this was really ****ing dumb on many accounts. Jona I don;t see how could possible know who is better at the match up, seeing as how you have not played either of them with fox. And saying mango beat m2k has no basis in this at all, seeing as how mango won with jiggs, and this is a conversation on how good they are versus fox. Saying he beat m2k doesn't tell us how good his fox and more specifically how good his fox is against falcon. I don't even have an opinion on the subject I just needed to point out that this was an incredibly dumb post.
I also think Jona is biased because of all the recent ss vids on youtube.
ugh

the fact that mango beat m2k makes him a better player right?

ok, so if ss could almost beat mango then hes pretty close to being at the top no?

i mean im pretty sure he could hang with mango and not get *****, he could maybe kinda
sorta do well vs m2k.

even tho i dont think so since everyone says hes pretty weak vs marth...or m2k could go sheik too.

but anyways, you see where i was getting at now?

i meant that he was a good player for being able to drag out the matches with mango...

unlike most people that go against him..

@Drew:

mango is like top 2 if not the best smasher in the US

darkrain has played a bunch of spacies and stuff but besides like PC's and Cactuars theyve all been a walk in the park.

i just think the level of spacies ss go against every month and stuff is higher then what darkrain goes against..

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
why would somebody think SS has more experience vs spacies?

darkrain has gone to many more tournaments and played many more different spacies, SS just plays zhu tang lucky and mango over and over again pretty much
actually, he i'm pretty sure he doesn't play lucky or mango too often.
(norcal and socal don't go to the same tourneys enough)

but you're still missing the point.
the point is that any claim of this nature can only be an opinion.
what's the point of arguing about an opinion? lol
(sorry if i sound like a jerk haha)

and jona, if he feels like he could do better with marth for whatever reason, he'd be dumb to avoid it. i'd be proud for jeff if he beat cactuar's fox. but that doesn't mean cactuar is ******** for not giving the fans the match up they wanna see. haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ugh

i read the first line and i'm already irritated with you. LMAO

that's the most common misconception.
you are hopeless. haha
just give it up, champ LOL

edit: sorry for double post. i blame jona for throwing off my composure.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
actually yeah im gonna stick with that. i think mango is every bit a good of player as m2k is.

mango 1 m2k 0
just because player A beat player B in a set, does not make him better.
haha i'm not doubting mango. i've watched counter pick himself and still 3-0 zhu.
he plays everyone but marth lol
he spaces AMAZINGLY well
and i couldn't imagine a better smasher.

but m2k has proven himself enough to where one set cannot throw all that out.

i vote JonaDiaper for the Most Ignorant Smashboards Account!

those in favor, say "eye" LMAO

edit: like i'm any smarter for even responding to you. lol.
(thanks for the post count, i guess...)

DrewB008

Smash Lord
vist beat mangos puff with luigi at pound 3, so by jona's logic vist is in fact the best player in the world

also, jona, you have no idea how many spacies darkrain has played because you dont know anything that isnt on youtube or that people dont tell you. he's beaten colbol, dashizwiz, tink, eggz, raynex, and those are just all the ones off the top of my head. all of those players have more notable tournament records than any of the 2 or 3 foxes silent spectre consistently beats.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
vist beat mangos puff with luigi at pound 3, so by jona's logic vist is in fact the best player in the world

also, jona, you have no idea how many spacies darkrain has played because you dont know anything that isnt on youtube or that people dont tell you. he's beaten colbol, dashizwiz, tink, eggz, raynex, and those are just all the ones off the top of my head. all of those players have more notable tournament records than any of the 2 or 3 foxes silent spectre consistently beats.
not to be an ******* here, but ss beat eggz. it's on youtube.
LMAO

i'm just going to troll jona's posts agreeing with everything he says until i hate my life...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
mango? top 2?

nah.

why do people forget about ken?

don't tell me he couldn't come back and poop on people if he wanted to, he destroyed evo world.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
mango? top 2?

nah.

why do people forget about ken?

don't tell me he couldn't come back and poop on people if he wanted to, he destroyed evo world.
because he doesn't play this game. >.> I think M2K has beaten mango in a set (a WHILE ago) so its not 1-0.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol i dont mind being called whatever.. but it makes sence.. im not stupid. videos on youtube do prove alot. every video of ss vs a spacie shows something amazing and it shows how well he does vs spacies... its not rocket science.. i really believe that ss has the best chance to beat cactuars fox... darkrain had his chance.. if ss cant do it, mangos falcon should try it...

otg

Smash Master
the spacies SS plays aren't really smart players...and they have HORRIBLE d.i.

Have you seen the combos he gets on them? geez
This.

You can't judge players accurately from youtube videos. If it was possible than some of the scrubiest of scrubs could be interpreted as the best in the world just because there opponents they play with are terrible.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ugh

ok, so if ss could almost beat mango then hes pretty close to being at the top no?

i mean im pretty sure he could hang with mango and not get *****, he could maybe kinda
sorta do well vs m2k.

even tho i dont think so since everyone says hes pretty weak vs marth...or m2k could go sheik too.

but anyways, you see where i was getting at now?

i meant that he was a good player for being able to drag out the matches with mango...

unlike most people that go against him..

@Drew:

mango is like top 2 if not the best smasher in the US

darkrain has played a bunch of spacies and stuff but besides like PC's and Cactuars theyve all been a walk in the park.

i just think the level of spacies ss go against every month and stuff is higher then what darkrain goes against..
I think you are missing my point. Like some one else sed, just because person A beat person B in a set and person B beat Person C doesn't make Person A better than Person C.
That disproved your whole argument right there and thats not even what I am getting at.

The matchup we are talking about is falcon vs fox. Mango beat M2K with jiggs, not fox. Even if He beat M2K with jiggs, it was not against M2K's captain falcon (and even if it was, m2k is not the best in the world with falcon but with fox,marth, and sheik). So saying that mango beat M2k says nothing about how good mango is at the fox vs falcon match up.

Your argument is that since SS has close matches with Mango's fox (note that he did not use fox vs M2K) and since Mango beat M2K one of the best players in the world. And darkrain was beat by Cactuar, and since we believe that cactuar is not as good as M2K, that SS > Darkrain at the falcon vs fox matchup. I don;t see how this makes sense.

I dunno if I'm saying this clearly enough, let me try to sum it up.

Mango beat M2K in a completely different match up then fox vs falcon. So this has nothing to do with how good mango is at this matchup.

Hence, SS coming close to mangos fox does not matter, since we do not know how good mango is at the fox vs falcon match up.

So your whole argument is debunked...

I said the same thing multiple times... do you get it now?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
cactuar you would be such a homo if you went against ss and didnt pick fox. that would even be remotely funny.
you could laugh at everyone but if i was there i would just leave. thats stupid.

you should go all fox on him. just becuase that is like the dream matchup right there.

go marth if you wanna be gay. and be like "lol he cant even beat my marth"

stuuuuuuuuuuupppid

fox or dont even bother playing him
You are an idiot. I don't often call people names, but you repeatedly try and prove yourself as being exceptionally uninformed. I can only assume you are trying to troll or that you really are just not intelligent.

Why would I base my character choice on what the crowd wants to see? I would have way more fun playing my Marth vs SS, and despite what you may think, I play to have fun. When it comes down to it, I will choose me over you + crowd every day of the week.

Fletch

Smash Master
You are an idiot. I don't often call people names, but you repeatedly try and prove yourself as being exceptionally uninformed. I can only assume you are trying to troll or that you really are just not intelligent.

Why would I base my character choice on what the crowd wants to see? I would have way more fun playing my Marth vs SS, and despite what you may think, I play to have fun. When it comes down to it, I will choose me over you + crowd every day of the week.
Oh no, you should seriously be willing to risk losing that matchup if that's what the crowd wants. Seriously, I want to see how your Pichu does versus SS's Falcon, and you'd be a total scrub if you went Marth instead.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol was jona trying to say that SS > Darkrain?

man...

When the Foxes SS plays against get raptor boost->usmash->uair->GRAB->DROPZONE...........you know someone ****ed up.

Its easy to see that SS is alot better than the people he plays against.

But when the people he plays against d.i. into every combo, fail most edge-guards, almost never combo or punish accordingly and have bad shieldwork/get hit by everything:

****, that'd make my sister look ****in' dope too.

Darkrain experience against alot of good players. He also beats alot of good players. I'm not saying SS is bad, but if we simply use common sense. I think we'll all come to the same conclusion.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'm a HUGE SilentSpectre fanboy. I think he's an awesome player. But the people he plays agaisnt do not understand... well... what RaynEX said.
You can't take his Falcon vs. Spacies as a solid example of what that match up is really like at the top level. Watch like Cactuar vs. Darkrain ;) Then imagine if Cactuar played gay (aka every shine = like 50 damage or more)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't care who's better.
but you know what's fun?

playing in teams with SS against a random fox/falco team...
man... i wasn't getting more than 2 kills a match. lol

it's really fun watching him against noobish spacies.
or in falcon dittos. too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom