• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Dude I think we shoould play off the stuff that they have changed. They changed the stages therefore some people are more or less legit.

I mean PS being a counter pick and corn./poke flaots being banned helps puff when it hurts fox/falcon.

bowser. gannon,ice climbers get a boost from less stages that gay them to death

and etc.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
In my opinion:

[flameshield]
Fox, Falco, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Marth
Peach, Falcon, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers

And I don't know enough about the rest.
[/flameshield]

The crazy Pichu has a point. Step it up MBR.
:laugh:

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
do we need a new tier list? our metagame is doing just fine with an outdated list. not to mention it lets everyone have their own opinions without being flamed.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LMFAO @ 70 30 MARTH PUFF

you guys are ********

Puff clearly wins the matchup

Here's the REALITY of the matchup

Marth's fair has slightly more range than puff's bair. SLIGHTLY. AND PUFF CAN BAIT it because of her aerial moving speed

If marth hits a fair at low %, he might be able to get another hit off depending on how jiggs DIs

NOW AT MID % AND HIGH %, there IS NO EDGE GUARDING THE JIGGS AND NO COMBOS EITHER. Once marth is at like 40% or more he risks getting bair comboed or put in a REALLY bad position either at the edge having to get onto the stage, or off the edge about to be edge guarded (BTW Jiggs can do light shield to rest on marth VERY easily).

Jiggs can also run up and shield, and then jump out of shield and attack between marth's attacks. Mango does this a lot. Marth's grab does **** to her.

Marth only has the advantage when both of them are at really low %s (that's assuming jiggs doens't have rest either). Once you're at mid % or high % it's HEAVILY in jigg's favor. Everything marth is great at is negated (such as combos and edge guards), and one hit for jiggs on marth leads to a super big positional advantage (At the edge or off the stage) rather than marth's because combos and edge guards are negated on her.

D20

Smash Lord
do we need a new tier list? our metagame is doing just fine with an outdated list. not to mention it lets everyone have their own opinions without being flamed.
It is not "needed," but, for the sake of accuracy, it "should" be updated within the next few months. It is used as an informational tool and should be maintained as such.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
you also forgot that marth can't kill jiggs unless he gets lucky with a tipper or the jiggs messes up, but jiggs can kill marth very easily either through edgeguarding, bair combo'ing, or a rest.

Reigned

Smash Rookie
Seeing Marth in 2nd makes me happy and it's funny how in 08 the community for the most part thought of Jigglypuff to be on par with Captain Falcon and now considered to be on par with Sheik and Marth. I hope MBR decides to create another tier list for Melee for the rising popularity of both Falco and Jiggs (Dr.Mario and Ganondorf as mentoined earlier too).

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
m2k is sees it. ive been preaching it but no one believed me. puff beats marth.

if in the air marth must play campy and foresee baits. on the ground, u have to be able to predict her approaches. if shes in ur sword its over.

if she gets within ur sword in the air, u get *****. if she gets close on the ground, u need a great and unpredictable sheild game.

if u do something like dair oos, she can uair>rest u. u neeeeed good keep away skills. esp on high lv play

dch111

Smash Journeyman
get near marth. wavedash between shields seems to work, and getting grabbed isn't as dangerous for puff as for other chars. worth the risk. not like he has projectiles, either. if he gets hit and jiggs camps, he will also have a heck of a time attacking safely. tedious match for both sides. just my 2 cents

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Of course, what counts is first impressions, so naturally people's impression is that marth has a large advantage, since you always imagine how the match begins before anything else. Progress through the battle at mid-percents though, and you'll realize puff's constant threats outclass marth's fading threats. I think taking that into consideration, it's more like slight advantage marth rather than large overall.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'd say that marth's threat doesn't fade at middle percents. Only if he wants to rush and get an early kill. He could just continue spacing f-airs and just wait till the puff dies from those.

@GM jack: can she bait/counter his jab? (curious, not being rude)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Lets just say its easier for pichu to bait and punish fox's shine than puff to bait and punish marth's jab.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I'd say that marth's threat doesn't fade at middle percents. Only if he wants to rush and get an early kill. He could just continue spacing f-airs and just wait till the puff dies from those.

@GM jack: can she bait/counter his jab? (curious, not being rude)
I actually doubt it, but here, I suspect the risk reward ratio comes in. Jiggs successfully timing a Bair or WD into shield through the jab leads to many more opportunities than Marth landing a jab. So even though Marth is less likely to take it, out of 100 such encounters, assuming the timings are random, jiggs will get more out of the situation.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I knew that move was great but dayum... and if I'm seeing this right it's also disjointed? Wow.
Many moves on many characters have disjointed hitboxes.

The idea of a disjointed hitbox as something unique to Marth and other characters with weapons is completely outdated based off modern smash knowledge and what we now know (God bless AR) but since the bulk of the community is completely aware of how this game functions mechanically, the term was never updated or really given any serious revision.

Mass opinion go go go.

X1-12

Smash Champion

This, my friends, is why "keep Jiggs out forever" is a poor argument. Well, that and her aerial mobility.
Many moves on many characters have disjointed hitboxes.

The idea of a disjointed hitbox as something unique to Marth and other characters with weapons is completely outdated based off modern smash knowledge and what we now know (God bless AR) but since the bulk of the community is completely aware of how this game functions mechanically, the term was never updated or really given any serious revision.

Mass opinion go go go.

This isn't really disjointed though is it? IT extends beyond the hurtbox but its still connected to it

TresChikon

Smash Lord
This isn't really disjointed though is it? IT extends beyond the hurtbox but its still connected to it
The term is rather subjective, because if you define it as a hitbox that doesn't overlap the character's hurtbox, then Doc's f-smash could be considered as a disjointed move.

I'm not entirely positive on the term's connotation, but as of now, it's just something really broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom