• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Kirby is GOD

Smash Rookie
Kirby should be the fifth top tier

I vote for Kirby to be higher than Link. He is stronger than anyone if you know how to use him, but he has to get way stronger in tournaments if he is to become a top tier, like beating Marth.

rhan

Smash Hero
I vote for Kirby to be higher than Link. He is stronger than anyone if you know how to use him, but he has to get way stronger in tournaments if he is to become a top tier, like beating Marth.
Funny thing. Link can beat Marth. lol

And a bunch of other characters that Kirby can't.

So that's about the whole cast.

SDC

Smash Lord
Get the **** out of here.
Aight, conventionally speaking, what he said may sound a little outlandish, but RRR really is a knowledgeable and more than sufficiently capable authority on Kirby. Normally, I avoid gambling like an anorexic avoids Country Kitchen Buffet, but I'd wager money on his Kirby. Furthermore, I'd be more than willing to traverse into the abyss of opinionated presumption and declare that RRR is arguably the best Kirby in the country. That being said, please listen to what he has to say before immediately and thoughtlessly discounting it; we may be on the cusp of an interesting discussion.

I'd like to hear what RRR has to say about that matchup. Obviously he won't proclaim the matchup as advantageous to Kirby, but I'm sure he'll have some words of insightful variation to offer.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
marth ***** kirby. just because kirby players can play a marth specific MU vs a very basic marth wall and not get 4 stocked doesn't mean kirby goes hard in the paint.

every low tier says that marth isn't too bad, thats because they train in the mountains for years trying to figure out how to beat him, and marth pretty much shows up after taking a ****.

MU knowledge is so 1 sided and kirby still gets ****ed up.

edit: from what I hear, armada/silent wolf/mango have beast mode kirby's.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hack plays PAL Melee, where Kirby isn't as bad. different game.
it'd be like me coming in here and telling you guys DK is better than he is on this list because Sheik can't CG him in PAL when it says NTSC in the title.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
marth ***** kirby. just because kirby players can play a marth specific MU vs a very basic marth wall and not get 4 stocked doesn't mean kirby goes hard in the paint.

every low tier says that marth isn't too bad, thats because they train in the mountains for years trying to figure out how to beat him, and marth pretty much shows up after taking a ****.

MU knowledge is so 1 sided and kirby still gets ****ed up.

edit: from what I hear, armada/silent wolf/mango have beast mode kirby's.

:phone:
LOL, I found that analogy pretty funny.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
hack plays PAL Melee, where Kirby isn't as bad. different game.
it'd be like me coming in here and telling you guys DK is better than he is on this list because Sheik can't CG him in PAL when it says NTSC in the title.
Could you please sum up the differences between PAL Kirby and NTSC Kirby ? Or (even better option) link me to something that sums up all the differences between the two versions ? I have been looking for such a thing, but couldn't find it eventually. :(

All I know is basic stuff like Sheiks's dthrow, Fox's recovery or Ganon's fair.

nZocob

Smash Cadet
totally having nothing to do with the above comments lol, i only dont like 1 thing about this list: JPuff is way to high up there (in my opinion)
i mean, sure, i used to main her, but she's just not anywhere near better than marth or even IC's (still in my opinion)
but hey, its no like im a melee genious or anything, just wanted to put out my opinion :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I agree that puff is better than ICs, but i also don't think she is top 3 in the game. Falco/Fox in top, Sheik/Peach/Puff/Marth in high. Thats how Im seeing things right now, spacies are definitely in a class of their own.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
totally having nothing to do with the above comments lol, i only dont like 1 thing about this list: JPuff is way to high up there (in my opinion)
i mean, sure, i used to main her, but she's just not anywhere near better than marth or even IC's (still in my opinion)
but hey, its no like im a melee genious or anything, just wanted to put out my opinion :p
:evil: .

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Space animals are not their own tier. They might very well be the two best characters but the top 5 or so are pretty close at the end of the day...

Doctor Mario sucks. Unless something new is discovered with him (he probably needs several things but whatever) he's going nowhere past 9th. The top 8 are too solidly better than him at the moment for him to warrant much discussion in that direction. If anything I'm surprised he's that high. I think Ganondorf is probably a better character overall just because his chain grabs / set combos actually kill and he doesn't get ***** as hard by simple Bair camping.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Could you please sum up the differences between PAL Kirby and NTSC Kirby ? Or (even better option) link me to something that sums up all the differences between the two versions ? I have been looking for such a thing, but couldn't find it eventually. :(

All I know is basic stuff like Sheiks's dthrow, Fox's recovery or Ganon's fair.
PAL kirby vs. NTSC kirby
Run Speed 1.5 from 1.4
Weight 74 from 70

and that should be it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Space animals are not their own tier. They might very well be the two best characters but the top 5 or so are pretty close at the end of the day...
I think the top 6 are pretty close, are you saying there is no tier division between them?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think it is divisible into

space animals top tier
not space animals top tier
high tier

because there isn't a significant enough difference in power between the space animals and the other good characters

john!

Smash Hero
spacies are quite clearly the two best characters in the game. i think they deserve their own tier like they had back in '08, until the puff players start wrecking everybody again

Top Bottom