• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Javi sucks, he needs better opponents. Their philosophy is that speed(to react to any situation) and tech skill is king. This game has a series of option-trees and counters to them such that tech skill alone will not win you the match.

There are much better players to learn from than Javi.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
New vids of me. <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvbP4UX1e1k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTj2xs7ps1I

@ Kratos: Sorry to say this, but it isn't a problem of a few small things. There are alot of things. The main one being not to be able to punish someone effectively when they do something so predictable as full jump to dair/nair. You could beat it with well timed upsmash, upair, etc. Well whatever, the point is, you need to figure more about which moves counter what moves and how to combo, etc. In other words, you got to see what works (movesets for countering, combos, edgeguards, punishing etc) and how to read your opponents much better. I think these problems come from lack of tourney experience. You and your friend go to tournies and you will get better much faster. Sorry if I come out as harsh, but I am just saying really you and your friend need to go play good people so you can improve. I am not that good myself so maybe I shouldn't be talking. =/

Jiho

Smash Cadet
I got some more... my new buddy FANG... it seems like all I play is falco falco and more **** falco....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ni36O0IER7w
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ENn4wBnRbWM

Any progress for anyone who saw my other videos? I know I need spacing work and I've had a little too much fun with the bow since moving out to PA which has to stop... anything else?

Yo, if you block a dash attack, or a forward smash, up-b the crap out of him. Up-b out of shield is deadly but you don't seem to know the trick. You can even do it still holding the block button.

Also a favorite anti falco trick of mine: crouch cancel a dash attack and then start spamming down smashes. Fast way to rack up damage

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Yo, if you block a dash attack, or a forward smash, up-b the crap out of him. Up-b out of shield is deadly but you don't seem to know the trick. You can even do it still holding the block button.

Also a favorite anti falco trick of mine: crouch cancel a dash attack and then start spamming down smashes. Fast way to rack up damage
I know it... but most of the time they don't have enough damage for that to be useful...

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
I got some more... my new buddy FANG... it seems like all I play is falco falco and more **** falco....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ni36O0IER7w
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ENn4wBnRbWM

Any progress for anyone who saw my other videos? I know I need spacing work and I've had a little too much fun with the bow since moving out to PA which has to stop... anything else?
nice vid i like how you play towards falcos,but if i were you id uptilt a little more and try to keep your opponent in the air. since hes a fast faller you have to be quick about it but try useing the double hylan kick when he is off the stage he'll have less chance to recovery.

Gomi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.... mainly at high %'s.... which by the time, dthrow> upB....
dash atk to up b works well on falcos lolz and it simple but dont think of that as your only option use your brain fellas dont be a robot youll get owned

Skler

Smash Master
I'll mm you at Pound 3.

Hey I finally got videos up of me at a tournament. Ignore the fact I miss almost every tech (and hookshot), the matches are pretty decent aside from me getting comboed like hell.

Skler (Link) vs Unknown Force (Sheik) on Dreamland 64

Skler (Link) vs Unknown Force (Sheik) on Rainbow Cruise

Yeah enjoy that last one, 7 minutes on Rainbow Cruise. Look closely at the first stock, that's what happens when you miss every single tech against Sheik.

If you want to see my Link in teams here are a few matches of it...Link isn't too bad in teams.

Pup n' Suds vs PC and Cort

Pup n' Suds vs Dreamland 64

Pup n' Suds vs Dreamland 64 (2)

Some day my videos from VLS pools will get up and I can have videos up where I win. That'd be just swell.

Deva

Smash Lord
I added a Pros list to the thread, it was originally created by Skler on the Link semi instructional thread. If you want to be on it, let me know if you meet the criteria and I'll see if I can add you.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Aslong as I'm able to go to Pound 3, I sure I could get known as a good Link player.

Spife

Smash Master
Houdy, I posted some matches a while ago (didn't realize I could post here and get help). Anyway I got some more friendlies and well here they are. (You can find the old matches for comparison under that youtube account). There is some swearing and I apologize :ohwell:

TGS vs. Pef7 (4)
TGS vs. Pef7 (5)
TGS vs. Pef7 (6)
TGS vs. Pef7 (7)
TGS vs. Pef7 (8)

The first one was a warm up (and as you can tell, I was NOT expecting him to be that successful at spiking). There's a few more but I don't have access to them right now. What's a good way to get on the side of the stage? I mean I can wavedash off and all but I usually have to turn around to do it, is there an efficient way of doing this?

Any additional help would be great, I'm entering my first tourny this weekend.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Come on. Not only am I on here, but they are old vids of me. You will get on unless Deva doesn't see your vids on this thread.

So anyways, next time we should actually play more.

Spife

Smash Master
Wut wut? New vids?
Mm

Misc. Tourny Matches

Spife vs. Reno

Spife Vs. Reno 2
(Reno if you're reading this, Ow.)

Spife vs. Zoso

Spife vs Zoso 2
Second one got cut cause Matt.Lame reseeded the brackets.

Spife vs. Skler

Spife vs Skler 2

Spife vs Relax
(Ignore the 7 dairs at the end, please)

Spife vs Relax 2

Spife vs Relax 3

There are more but those are all the tourny matches I got. Maybe I'll organize my youtube account. Or maybe I'll go smoke cheese.

Edit: Wait, do people actually still play Link? Lol

Aesir

Smash Master
Top Bottom