• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Thats good to hear, and try not to use the word "mindgame" unless its a sweeping generalization, I tend to categorize what type of mixups, set ups, baiting, feints etc. I use. It will make situations easier to recognize and such easier to repeat results.

deadpooL`

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I came into the thread again and looked at KratosAurion192's videos, since I never heard of him. After seeing those, I realized why.....
lol. nice delivery there at the end; you reminded me of, well, me.

I think that Deva should make a "rule" where only "good" Link players should have their videos up...
i think deva is too much of a nice guy to discriminate, lol.

Skler

Smash Master
Ok, so I came into the thread again and looked at KratosAurion192's videos, since I never heard of him. After seeing those, I realized why....
I think that Deva should make a "rule" where only "good" Link players should have their videos up (it's something I was told to do with my Roy video thread). Reason? Not to be mean, but for the fact that video threads pretty much serve all one purpose- to show footage people can learn from, consequently, becoming more skilled with a certain character. By showing videos of a Link spamming the spin attack, I doubt new Link players will be learning correctly.
So to keep it simple and short, I don't think that just any Link should be on first post, but hey, it's Deva's thread.
I loved your Roy video thread. I picked up Roy for like 2 weeks because of it, then I realized Roy is even worse than Link and gave up.

On topic: NJzfinest is right, people constantly post their videos for critiquing on the boards instead of this thread anyways. There's a few of them up right now actually.

Mike05

Smash Cadet
NJzFinest and Skler are right. I want to see Link videos to learn more of how to use Link, so do you (I think) and because of this only the truly great Link players must be there (even if that means that my own videos wouldn't be in the first post).

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
NJzFinest and Skler are right. I want to see Link videos to learn more of how to use Link, so do you (I think) and because of this only the truly great Link players must be there (even if that means that my own videos wouldn't be in the first post).
I agree, but whos Link should we look up too?

deadpooL`

Smash Cadet
Why with the same avatar everytime? >_>.
why not? i'm not trying to trick anybody.

Also, I hope my new vids will come out soon so I can get some advice.
i've read some of the things you've said about me while i've been away, and i'm flattered. so, sure, i'll take the time to watch your new vids when they come out and give advice accordingly; that is, if i'm not banned, for the fourth time, beforehand.

do you even have some old vids up? if so, are they worth watching?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
why not? i'm not trying to trick anybody.

i've read some of the things you've said about me while i've been away, and i'm flattered. so, sure, i'll take the time to watch your new vids when they come out and give advice accordingly; that is, if i'm not banned, for the fourth time, beforehand.

do you even have some old vids up? if so, are they worth watching?
Probably not. XD I up b way to much and stuff. I am not that good (hence the word n00b in my name). If you want to search for my Link stuff, then go for it but don't say I didn't warn you.

You must like that avatar. XD

deadpooL`

Smash Cadet
i won't bother searching for your vids, but i may take the time to watch them if you send me a link. otherwise, i'll just wait for your new ones.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Here are the vids: I mess up alot in these vids for some reason. *hits self on head*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ulMxBVmw0 (against Falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfxtq_bsC0U (against Fox)

I need more advice than showing these vids for people to learn from, but whatever. XD

Edit: Decided why not show SOME old ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2821WshibKc (against Samus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFdkamr_PWw (dumbest sds ever. . . . seriously, against Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61YICkCRhYY (against Sheik :o)

deadpooL`

Smash Cadet
i watched your first match. you're not bad; however, if you want advice, it's imperative that you're very specific about the problems you're having, whether it's against a certain character or what have you. because if you're not, i would write way too much. i'll just mention this little, random tidbit: around 2:50 during the match i saw, you should've followed your first nair with a second jump>nair>then up-b back to the stage; it would've ko'ed him.

also, always roll using the c-stick. i'm sure you know why so i won't explain.

NES n00b

Smash Master
i watched your first match. you're not bad; however, if you want advice, it's imperative that you're very specific about the problems you're having, whether it's against a certain character or what have you. because if you're not, i would write way too much. i'll just mention this little, random tidbit: around 2:50 during the match i saw, you should've followed your first nair with a second jump>nair>then up-b back to the stage; it would've ko'ed him.
Thanks for the tidbit. ;)

Most of my problems comes from lack of experience (not reading opponents correctly, do not change strats or mix up effectively, do not mindgame with projectiles enough, not patient enough, etc). I am sure that I will patch some of these things up by playing more (and against a more people). Anything else that is wrong with my playstyle that is dead obvious, just say. XD

Edit: I do have problems with space animals but I really don't know why. I rather face Sheik. So strange.

deadpooL`

Smash Cadet
Most of my problems comes from lack of experience.
unfortunately, that's a problem that i can't help you with. unless, however, you would like to come to vegas and do battle.

I do have problems with space animals but I really don't know why. I rather face Sheik. So strange.
you do know how to take advantage of the space animals' natural fast-falling and arieal stun-time, right? i'm pretty sure you do. link can combo them quite effectively if you have the know-how and training.

Mike05

Smash Cadet
At first I thought that it should be democratically but that would be a REAL mess. I mean, imagine how many post are needed to agreed if just one video should be in the first post :ohwell: .

So I think the best solution is that the best videos should be arbitrarily elected by someone... and because this thread belongs to Diva he should be the one who select them.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
People who do a good job displaying how well Link can be played, therefore, serving as a good example to learning players (Azen, Trevyn, HDL, Aniki, etc).

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Here is one of me, it is a bit old but oh well. I have gotten a little better since this vid was made (I think it is about 3 or 4 months old). If you want to give me advice, go ahead. If not, oh well. I do know how to bomb jump, I just have days where I miss it every time (like in tournaments).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwwumwLtSqU

I recorded some more vids with a few other smashers over the weekend, so hopefully I can get them to put those up so I can have some recent matches for you guys to view.

DarkLink--Ita

Smash Cadet
Just One thing... please if it's possible, (I'm talking to the moderators of this section) update the first topic, beacuse there are so many new vids of Link and the topic should be updated... This is just a suggestion.. Thanks.

Deva

Smash Lord
Alright everyone, I'm back. Sorry for the absense. Been participating in tourneys here in Washington instead of spending time on the boards. Hopefully I'll be ranked 8th or 9th by the end of the month. I updated the thread so no worries DarkLink. Now, I've seen a few concerns about who should be on the first post so I'll see what I can do. I'd like to hear a few opinions on who should be on the first post. Now, many of the legendary Link players are good, AKA Aniki/Azen, but a lot of their stuff is outdated. They don't even use the light shield edg guard against Marth. I'll put a few of their vids up but I'd like a few mor recent players up...,even if I have to take myself off. For all the other players, just post your vids on the thread and they will be critiqued. If a vid looks really good, let me know and I'll add it to the list for now I just want a few opinions before the first draft.

Also, might get some new vids up soon. Possibly against Silent Wolf and Ka-master in the mix.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
yayy
can u tell me, how to perfectly wavedash? its so hard for me to get the full length out of it...
and no matter how much i practice it still doesn't seem to help me master it.

Deva

Smash Lord
^^^
You actually play pretty well. Only suggestion is to speed up a little. By that I mean don't stand around when planning your next move. do a little dash dance or wavedash a bit so your opponent doesn't know what you're planning. There were a few times where you stood there and DC unleashed the **** if you know what I mean. One trick against Falcon that you should use sparingly is when you see him approaching with the nair, cc d-smash as he lands if you time it right it should hit before he grabs. DOn't use it too much though since he can shield when he lands if he knows it's coming. If you get it off you can usually get two d-smashes before he DI's and after that you can follow up with a dash attack into a spin attack. Overall though Nice Link

edit: @Shaeman111, I'm a bit confused. At first I thought it was another noob who was like "OMG show me how to wavedash since it's all you did in your old videos...." Then I watched your vids and was really surprised at how well you play. I couldn't figure out why wavedashing was your biggest problem when you could do everything else so well. To top it all off, I'm very proud to see that you are one of the few Link players who watch their opponents movements. You really can't win as LInk if you don't, though the same goes for any character. Still especially Link. You know the FOx matchup really well so ggs. I look foreward to future vids.

deadpooL`

Smash Cadet
this is off subject, but it's vital to take time off from smash every now and then; it'll make you better. trust me.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
It does work, I have needed to take a break a few times.

On another note, I recorded some vids on Labor day (last Monday). So more of my Link are soon to come.

edit: Speaking of new vids, heres one...

the video posted here was moved to the below post.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
are there any videos of ss4 ricky anywhere? I can't find them

lime_backwards

Smash Lord

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
I would like to add here some europian Link-matches ^_^. i've been playing Link now rof a while and done quite well in Finland and here is just a couple of matches those have ended up on a tape. all matches take place in pokemon stadium... don't know why thou -_-'

so here are the Links. feel free o comment.

bËst (Link) vs. Coco (Samus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8Lo9yjaJ0

bËst (Link) vs. Coco (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gLK4Br1j-w

bËst (Link) vs. Coco (Peach) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwPhnWwLg5g

Top Bottom