• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

Deva

Smash Lord
L-cancel... You didn't L-cancel a singel aerial from what I saw. other than that, I can't say much since you weren't playing humans.

tendou5184

Smash Cadet
that is one of my weak points, thanks I'll work on that, tomorrow there will be some vids since my friend will be at school so I'll film some after class at his place, thanks

tendou5184

Smash Cadet
my 1 vs 1 sets I promised today

This is the first batch made in the morning before we went to class. Sorry about the quality, still trying to get used to using the encoding. Tomorrow I'll upload the second batch, I changed my name on that one to GEKI, so my link will be named that on those vids after this batch.

Hope I'll get more tips, still working on learning to be a better Link user, all tips are welcome.

Match 1: Still working on those tips you gave me from before.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XVr_GtN1SWc

Match 2: Timing is getting a little better, but still had a few bad points. sorry for the half a second pause there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGV59WV0rI0

Match 3: Nothing much I can say about this match it was going either way

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QKQ8HwUACf4

Match 4: Interesting match we had, we were getting each other off guard

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PxqJkQtE4kA

That's what we have on todays set up, tomorrow I'll post the afternoon set it's late right now and I have class in the morning. He's getting better, still spamming though, but he's starting to use it less as he goes, got me a few times though on tomorrows set.

Pug

Smash Apprentice
Let's take a look-see ... you play as Red Link ... same as me. Good start ...

I'll leave the real advice to the experts but in my opinion make sure your projectiles are on target, or at least that they force the opponent to go where you want them to.

linkskillsKILLS

Smash Cadet
Ok well i didn't see any shffl-ing, which is a must for a link player! On top of that it seems like you don't hav a great overall feel for link yet. You miss a lot of attacks and its not because of your oponents allusiveness. Train alot to get a good feel for how link moves and responds in the air to even the smallest DI. You should probably work on some combos too, none of your moves seem to string together. Practice using you projectiles more often and dynamically. It also helps to have better competition, no offense to your buddy. The best way to get better, is to play against better people, look for tourneys and get into a massive amount of friendlies! Remember when training its not practice that makes perfect but "perfect practice makes perfect"a note from Bobby Ross (chargers super bowl coach)

Pug

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like he knows what he's talking about. If you lose to someone else, you're winning in the sense that you're learning from your mistakes. It sounds corny, but it's true.

tendou5184

Smash Cadet
It also helps to have better competition, no offense to your buddy. The best way to get better, is to play against better people, look for tourneys and get into a massive amount of friendlies!
That advice would work on my friend too, if he keeps playing against me he'll get to a competitive level then after that it's gaining of the other shouldn't it?

I'm working on that, trying to find other players around here, found a gamers guild at my university but it's out for the summer so I'll continue the search, if I have to I'll find a place and host a tourney.

Aesir

Smash Master
Tendou you clearly can't combo well if at all with link.

every time you used down throw on Roy, you would up tilt...why? nothing good came out of it when you did. what a bair? a uair? meh spin attack out of down throw is probably your best option vs most characters especially Roy.

not only that there wasn't enough projectile in your link based off the match I saw, no matter the stage your main game should be control them with your projectiles and to give you a more favorable outcome.

Now I give to you the most amazing thing on the internet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zehSA0wX0f4

tendou5184

Smash Cadet
every time you used down throw on Roy, you would up tilt...why?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zehSA0wX0f4
in another thread there was someone we spoke of who everyone pretty much said was an idiot, that person put that habit in, starting to break it though, give it a few days but my playing will get better, just yeah. Had no teacher and was taught by him, then I found the light here lol. Training will have to start from the beginning so expect better to come.

tendou5184

Smash Cadet

ancientevil11

Smash Apprentice
Link vids

Alright, the videos that were requested have been updated.

BTW, I finally got some vids recorded with a good Fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr5Lhg5zxOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKY-chQSUcU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgeJnS4FkMU

comments welcome

There's about three or four more vids from these matches to upload though
great matches Deva. i always like watching your Link play. i suggest when you use the Fair, when you are grounded that is, to always try and connect with the tip of his sword to achieve maximum spacing. Link doesn't like to get grabbed...especially by Fox.

i look forward to watching more of your vids.

Chip.

you know what to do
Skler, judging from your vids, I'd say you should spam more. Don't try and not spam to get style points with your Link. You have projectiles, USE them! SHFFLd nairs, jabs, and utilts won't always cut the job. Mix your projectiles with your melee game more often, that should prove more efficient.

Deva, wasn't that Rat King's Fox you were playing with? I thought I heard he once was the best player in Oregon at one point in his smash career before he retired. Anyway GG'z.

Chip.

you know what to do
hence he's retired >_>

He hasn't played for a long while, perhaps that's why he appears so rusty and plays in a passive manner?

He'd play campy in some areas and aggressive in others ( like the 2 stock gimps on Deva in the first match :/).
Even if he was most often "passive" in the matches, they were only friendlies anyway, I don't think Ratking really had a drive to win, nor did Deva XD.

Aesir

Smash Master
Point is, good fox's will pressure you so you can't spam even if you start out spamming they'll get inside of you. Thus saying spam more, isn't valid advise.

Jash

Smash Lord
Point is, good fox's will pressure you so you can't spam even if you start out spamming they'll get inside of you. Thus saying spam more, isn't valid advise.
I agree here, This is the reason why some Young Link and Link players who spam find Fox hard to beat. Spamming makes you open, and fast aggressive characters will destroy you while trying to do it very often. When you have space, take out a bomb and use it wisely, after that use your combos to destroy Fox because Link does that well.

Chip.

you know what to do
LOL, I don't think I ever have gone against that, have I? The advice wasn't directed towards the Fox match, it was to his Link in general. He played the Fox relatevely the same when he did against the Mario. I just noticed he didn't spam enough in his matches (moreso the Mario match, the Fox one is invalid cuzofwatusaid). Get it? I was just giving advice to his overall Link, not the specific Fox matchup. I should've specified that, my apoligies. He has a great melee game, just spamming would improve his game more, amirite?

Deva's Link is too good.

Discuss

Aesir

Smash Master
Link = disjointed hit box. Mario = crappy range. he could have done both things and it probably would have been the same. >_>

I've played skler enough to know when the match up requires spamming, he does it. TO THE EXTREME

Sklers > Deva. >_>

edit: I can't type.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Aiser is his true name. Someone made him make a new account to Aesir.

Mann, those Link videos are greaat. I like the part where the Links, do the bombing to the opponent and also when they use the boomerang. How exactly do they do that? Link is so hard to use, jeez.

Mr.C

Smash Master
me > everyone here LOL

thnx i love you <3
/flex

so far only people i have seen with potential is skler and deva, who seem to both lack professional experience.

Deva you wavedash for no reason...it seems you also have a problem of just repeating moves you know how to do instead of paying attention of what your opponent is doing and capitilizing. You should really stop downtilting lols that move is horrible.

Skler you just need more experience.

here are some pointers that may help link players if you dont know about them already or dont use them in your gameplay.

If you full jump nair everyone knows your capable of doing two nairs before hitting the ground. Well if you full jump nair while someone is shielding, your capable of jumping out as soon as you hit their shield usually causing them to try and shield grab... this is where you can waste your second jump and come down with a dair.... ofcourse this is if they went for the bait and actually shield grabbed.... its pretty mindgamish. If they didnt fall for it you can just jump away and try again later.

You can also minihop bair shield and most people will try to shield grab....you can jump out of your minihop bair and come down with a dair if they tried to shieldgrab.

always catch your boomerang...it allows Link overall game play to be smoother
usually throwing it without an angle will get it back to you faster allowing you to spam more
if your boomerang hits someones shield it will come back to you istantly allowing you to throw it again pretty fast..most peole dont expect consecutive throws.

Yall should also start using your bombs as combo starters or stock finishers...
instead of just throwing them and hopeing they hit. Personally I like to keep bombs in my hand alot... for one while getting hit you can zdrop them which causes you to survive from hits you would normally die from... If you have one in your hand while being hit off the stage and you cannot recover.. you can up b and it may explode or you can do the bomb recovery.

and always remember UPB out of shield is your friend. =)

peace

Top Bottom