• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

SmashPhysics

Smash Cadet
yeah, you have a decent link...
try goin to some low tier tourneys or regular tourneys for that matter and testing him out...
but besides that you didnt do you neutral air alot(except on the last life)...
try throwing boomerangs down at an angle...not that throwing them normally isnt bad...
everyones already said you use your up b to much... i think you should try to use more grab combos too...
that whole last life for marth you ripped him up. that was really good..

freddy 22

Smash Rookie
Personally I think you need to use your boomerang and BOMBS when playing against fox. Keep the battle on the ground because if it turns to an air match you will lose. Fox is just to quick in the air. I said to use bombs before because if you can hit fox it will slow him down and then you can get in a good smash attack on fox.

Jash

Smash Lord
Hello everyone, as you might know...me and 4eyez are in a crew called "Team Epic". Our other two crew members are K.D and Game *Doc and Peach* and we will have vids for them. 4eyez has recent vids up of his Link for you guys to rate, i did this for 4eyez because his computer is messed up at the moment so ill give you guys one video, but you can check the other nine if you want, but this is 4eyezs best vid so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m11X2xzpGpw

Link226

Smash Ace
Hey i got new videos...

Me and Jash had a few battles but they are very recent ones of us. We decided to play a new style...a proish type style just to see if it makes us better. so yes here are the videos of the new crew "Team Epic" Enjoy.

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Corneria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiIdJgMqu04

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Battlefield http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m11X2xzpGpw
Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Dreamland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoSIvap7Uxk

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Corneria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZEmFWNmSvM

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMC3xloTuoI

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbiZ1Kf-wo0

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0TjNG9u-A

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) YS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOeHTq6qU0

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Dreamland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8GCW2IErwI
Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yp34HcXmnw

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) Dreamland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urHd6SX9_bY

I hope you guys enjoy the videos. Most of our matches here are very close so its barely one sided all the time.

P.S : Thanks Jash for the training, your ****ing pro!!, TEAM EPIC!!!!!

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
don't stress over what he says, chip. he's obviously an illiterate nub and was completely incoherent in his last post. lol, i don't know why, but i love making fun of other people.
I'm an illiterate nub? Run that one past me, how precisely I'm either illiterate, or a nub. You have no gauge of my skill level whatsoever, and you're making pointless assumptions. Also, I consider my grammar above average. You're a failure because you have invalid points, merely try to insult to increase your own ego, and generally suck at life. 'kthx.

Also, let's see. You need to be a little better about when to stop throwing the projectiles, and doing things like when the Marth was on you that close, such as dashdance spam when he was running directly at you over retreating boomerang, or SHFFL'd fair. Learn to get the extra height from the bomb recovery. Generally when you do the reverse nair to edgeguard, you plan to drop low. The whole purpose of doing it reversed is to get a hookshot back up (Round 1, 1:50 mark). All in all, I'd say your best aspect is your spacing.

Shinki

Smash Cadet
Wow nice playing. It amazes me how you guys make it look so simple that it makes me think I could compete with you but in reality you would destroy me >.>.

You and Aniki used to be complete opposites, but now that you are heading in the more Aniki direction, you will soon reach that perfectly balanced middle point between offense and defense and own all. =O

Btw, fun getting hit by your own bombs eh? ;P Guess it happens to everyone once they start implementing more item using in their play.

VVB

SD Champ
I am actually most impressed by your change in gameplay. From perfecting a fast-n-flashy Link, to becoming a defensive Link player on a pro level is impressive. That takes a lot of skill to actually follow through with. Becoming an effective Link in both ways (or anyway you decide to play) is what shows your true skill and talent for smash.

Keep it up, bro. Its good to see your Link again.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Germ, to be honest I would always detract your play cause it was too flashy. Sure it would make the noobs swoon but I never approved how reckless you played. But these new vids are some tight stuff man. Keep it up. I've been playind dumb downed style for a while and to me that's the best option by far.

BTW, I wouldnt want to turn this into a flame war, but Aniki is down right sloppy. I haven't seen anything good from his part using Link.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I though there was too much link video thread, I decided to put them all together, including The GERM's thread. Every video I merged can be found at the first post of the topic.

NOTE: If you want your videos at the first page, post your videos here and mark this in your post:
First post

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Germ, to be honest I would always detract your play cause it was too flashy. Sure it would make the noobs swoon but I never approved how reckless you played. But these new vids are some tight stuff man. Keep it up. I've been playind dumb downed style for a while and to me that's the best option by far.

BTW, I wouldnt want to turn this into a flame war, but Aniki is down right sloppy. I haven't seen anything good from his part using Link.
I got to admit that germ really impresed me this time cause he really tried to play safe. but still saw you a couple of times getting desperate and used to many grabs that cost you. and some fights you really had them but well **** happens. Another thing ishe used so much the full jump + nair he become some what predictable wich is why I think SS was able to change the tables and ended up winning. Overall keep playing safe forget the flashy things.

On the matter of aniki Ohh come on you know he is the best link ever. lol just kidding. I really dont dig his style and he really hasn't showed me skill with link. I dont know why ken lost to him or why people say he is good I think he is overated in other words es un "flan"

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
DEVA, MAKE A NEW THREAD lol

lol, people are going to be confused about the previous posts since it's 90% about you :p

still, good work on collecting the videos ^_^

Chip.

you know what to do
I'm an illiterate nub? Run that one past me, how precisely I'm either illiterate, or a nub. You have no gauge of my skill level whatsoever, and you're making pointless assumptions. Also, I consider my grammar above average. You're a failure because you have invalid points, merely try to insult to increase your own ego, and generally suck at life. 'kthx.

Also, let's see. You need to be a little better about when to stop throwing the projectiles, and doing things like when the Marth was on you that close, such as dashdance spam when he was running directly at you over retreating boomerang, or SHFFL'd fair. Learn to get the extra height from the bomb recovery. Generally when you do the reverse nair to edgeguard, you plan to drop low. The whole purpose of doing it reversed is to get a hookshot back up (Round 1, 1:50 mark). All in all, I'd say your best aspect is your spacing.

No dude, Thrilla' was saying you basically didn't get what I said earlier... just in his own way :cool:.

Because you first said:

Fox doesn't have a hard time SHFFLing Link at all. Learn to mindgame into it, and Link will not outprioritize you. Out range you, yes.

Deva, you're far too reliant on the Up + B edgeguard, and in general. You're painfully predictable, as well. Every time the Sheik dthrow'd you, you would djump inti a dair. Personally, I think you could do with a heavier projectile game, but it's mostly because I'm an Aniki fan at heart. The hookshot is nice, but you're overusing it. At some point, your opponent is going to say, "Screw this." and nair you out of it. Try learning the bomb recovery.
Then I told you:

Umm, yeah I think you're a bit lost :laugh:.

..See Deva, you should've just made a new thread :psycho:, then it wouldn't confuse people so much with your old/crappy Link vids.
And then you said:

Just critiquing the Marth vids doesn't nearly as much. Marth plays harder strengths than others. It's different saying, "You need to learn to recover better," when you're watching Link vs. Marth, rather than when you're playing Fox. Also, I stand by my previous comments even when watching the Marth videos. More projectiles, less Up + B.
Remember when you said that? What I mean is that the Fox and Sheik vids are VERY very old when Deva was not that good. He has improved quite a lot since then, and you can view that in the MARTH vids and I think the PEACH vids against Brdy.

So yeah, no need to get so defensive :).

I'm an illiterate nub? Run that one past me, how precisely I'm either illiterate, or a nub. All in all, I'd say your best aspect is your spacing.
I'd also say that Deva has MASSIVELY good tech skill as well.

Deva, let's get some YLink vs Link matches soon, there sure epic....

SLH

Smash Journeyman

Deva

Smash Lord
Thanks, I'll put them up.

edit: wish someone would critique the matches vs Peach, the first two are must sees, really.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh god, if Deva can take care of this thread, it would be MUCH appreciated, seriously. I am quite ****************ing busy with any things these days.

Thanks Deva :)

SLH

Smash Journeyman
fsmash less, you used it a bit too much. also use more projectiles, a better player would've f*cked you up for trying to rush like you were kinda doing

also i felt you could've punished the peach's bad rolling habit a bit more. jab her shield, expect her roll then wd back->grab. if they start DIing behind like that, sh bair works well and can lead into a boomerang or a juggle

Giggidax

Smash Ace
@ deva

that lucky peach had it coming. who does he think he is pulling out a stitchface and then a bomb-omb directly after. thats like a 1/1000000 possibility.
pwnd brdy the next match.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
so? i played a peach who pulled out 2 bombs and a stitch face in one set >_>

SLH

Smash Journeyman
got hit by 1 bomb and the stitch :-(

don't remember how badly i beat him, but i might've jv 2 stocked him, or 2 stocked him at least

Deva

Smash Lord
Oh god, if Deva can take care of this thread, it would be MUCH appreciated, seriously. I am quite ****************ing busy with any things these days.

Thanks Deva :)
Hey no problem. You left the topic under my name so I felt it was my responsibility to take care of it.

Link226 said:
I would be very appreciated if you do...o and your Link is something....i wish we lived near each other...our Link dittos would be the ****.
Link ditto would be nice. Apparently, I believe CHip wants to ditto Jash.

@SLH, I was exageratting when I said she was the luckiest Peach in the world. It's messed up that it happened to you too, but was it for the winning kill when you were missing little percent and were ready to KO your opponent? Also, the first two matches were just funny, the first match we were goofing off and when I lost from that lucky combo at the end, I blew up the next round, hence, forward smashes galore. Watch the matches below that if you would like to see more normal matches.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
...i watched every match -_-

and i was responding to giggi more than you, but my friend IS the luckiest peach. i've actually seen him watch someone else play peach, who then told him to think about a stitch face. guess what his next turnip was...

Chip.

you know what to do
That means he's psychic, not lucky ;)

@Deva-Yeah, it's funney because Jash and I want some Young Link dittos like you and 4eyez do with Link :laugh:

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
like i said in the link combo vid thread...

i just recently played CHUDAT's young link. AKA the best young link in the nation.

our vids will be up soon. his young link is indeed scary.

Chip.

you know what to do
yeahuuuuz for Chu's Young Link.

But he's more like 2nd best when it comes down to popular opinion. Caveman's is better, that is if he still plays him anymore :chuckle:

All right Deva, we NEED to get some vids of us now

And Deva, I don't know if I can really go to (Jumpfreak) DAN's tournament anymore D=

I don't know, we'll just have to see how it all works out in the end

T_T

Top Bottom