• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Vro

Smash Lord
that involves smash di. the multiple hits are easy to get out of with some joy-stick action.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Ummm shouldn't these nearly always autocancel when SHFFLing?

N-Air

Total: 39
Hit: 3-28
Auto cancel: <2 35>
Landlag: 12
Lcanceled: 6
-------------------------------------
U-Air

Total: 27
Hit: 4-9
Auto cancel: <3 18>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9
B-Air

Total: 59
Hit: 4-37
Auto cancel: <3 50>
Landlag: 18
Lcanceled: 9
D-Air

Total: 57
Hit: 14-26
IASA: 48
Auto cancel: 39>
Does damage 1 frame upon landing
Landlag: 26
Lcanceled: 13
F-Air

Total: 39
Hit: 10-12, 14-16, 18-20, 22-24
Auto Cancel: <9 34>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7

Jump: airborne on frame 4

Air time: 50
Earliest FF: 26
FF air time: 38

SH air time: 33
Earliest FF: 18
SH FF air time: 23

2nd jump earliest FF: 25

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I have no idea what character that is for, but only the uair can auto cancel in a shff. nair and fair can auto cancel in a full hop and fast fall, and all of them can auto cancel in a full hop w/ no fast fall.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
<2 35> means all the number in between or what? If so SHFFL it will L-cancel. This is pichu you can understand why it would be ssoooo sweet to autocancel everything and this has been confusing me for a long time.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Many ways.

I shield with L and WD with L, it's really just a release and grab motion.

People say it's awkward, but I say they're out of their gosh darn minds.

S l o X

Smash Champion
How do I WD OoS? Do I jump with X/Y or the control stick?
I use L to shield -> x (jump) -> wavedash.

Works out of shield and shine etc... just practice...do what feels more comfortable for you. In all honesty it seems really hard to use the control stick but give it a try.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
I simply can't remember! I can't have the X as jump button implanted, I keep using Up analog. They should have had a option...so it could get implanted in your brain to use button, not analog.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Hey peoples, its been ages since I've been on these boards. Aaaanyways...

I have a physical disability with my right side, lowering coordination and feeling, etc. Due to this I can only trust my right hand to press the A and B buttons, and occasionally up on the c-stick(my left hand hits it unless I'm doing an Uair). I can perform the necessary advanced techs as second nature without the x and y buttons... it just takes more speed and precision from the left hand. I wouldn't recommend it to others though, as I realize the control benefits x and y give.

However, more than I'd like to admit my right hand slips up and presses X,Y, and even R (my right thumb and index finger bend together) when intending to hit A or B.

So my question is this: With my condition, do you think it would be allowed in tournaments for me to mod my controller so that either the X,Y, and R buttons do not work or are removed entirely?

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how disabling button functions would be a problem as long as it doesn't 'auto' anthing. but its probably up to whoever the mod of the tournament is.

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
i'm positive you are allowed to remove buttons on your controller or disable them.
some people even do that to "claw" effectively (that x button can get annoying when claw-ing).

Tamoo

Smash Master
you could just use the c stick.

How do you do the arial up b without jumping though, if you already have a jump. I swear pressing up and b at the same time takes that jump

just wanna learn how to do that run off sing hug with jiggs lol, keep on jumping

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Grah, I meant to type Up Air...
I'm guessing that you're up-airing with the control stick and A. If you don't time it right you'll accidentally use your second jump. In this case you have two options.

1. You hit up on the control stick and A at the exact same time. If you hit up too early you'll double jump. If you hit up too late you'll do a nair.

2. You use the C-stick to uair. Instead of hitting up and A, you simply hit up on the C-stick. You don't have to press up on the control stick, so you don't have to worry about double jumping.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
It doesn't take longer to jump from crouching than it would from a standing position. The number of startup frames for jumping is character dependent.

Not sure about crouching.

Lovage

Smash Hero
QUESTION

is an attacks hitlag and shield stun directly related?
if a move has a lot of hitlag, will it also have a lot of shield stun? are there any moves with a lot of hitlag but little shield stun or visa versa?

i think the answer is yes, but i dunno

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
usually when one is high, the other is high, but afaik there is no direct correlation between the two.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Im guessing the difference in frames between not JCd and JCd.

*sigh* whenever JC grabs are brought up i get sad because Links grab cant be JCd. So lame. It would be so amazing...

Lovage

Smash Hero
wellz everyone's grab can be jump canceled, it's just characters with grapple grabs have a better dash grab than JC grab

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Im guessing the difference in frames between not JCd and JCd.

*sigh* whenever JC grabs are brought up i get sad because Links grab cant be JCd. So lame. It would be so amazing...
Why would it be amazing? It'd probably still be as bad as his standing grab.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. I suppose its just because i get so annoyed whenever i miss with it. Even if it would still have alot of lag, just that little less lag would be better. Youre right though. His grab would still suck.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me where to find the video on YouTube where mango beats m2k 3-0? And I've heard that he beat m2k with falco a few times so that one too please

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Okay this is pretty random and would have no practical use whatsoever.. But can you de-sync taunt with the ice climbers. Like de-synce > taunt with one by itself > taunt with other one by itself> repeat infiniately. That would be great. Just because.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah

choknater used to do that to chaingrab sheiks, dthrow chaingrab with popo while nana taunts so she doesn't mess it up

Top Bottom