• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official European Brawl Tier List v1.0 (November 2011)

Steam

Smash Hero
how is it not a europe tier list when the people voting on it are from europe >_>
just because we don't have any lucario players doesn't mean he should be lower on the tier list
if it's just different people considering the same things then tier list should be the same and there's not much of a point in having an EU tier list :/

and for a true EU tier list the other metagames should really be ignored. The BBR choses to do it with pit who places phenominally in japan.

so... this isn't really an EU tier list. Marth would probably be 2nd in a true EU tier list ;P

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
European opinions under the assumption of a European stage list, it doesn't get much more European... If you want our tournament results, this is the wrong topic. =P

Alphicans: Not sure, I'll ask him to respond to it. You have to be aware G&W's presence in Europe is even more limited than it is gradually becoming in the US though.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Holy **** I saw luigi player voted GaW at 26th... Was he basing it off of european tournament results only or what?
I think G&W does reasonably well in Europe.

You kinda have to ask him personally, because that made me lift an eyebrow too.

omg put diddy down in A tier please adsfhldfgfd

it bothers the **** out of me arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Diddy is not in a tier of his own, I don't care what you think, your opinion is wrong.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It should've been required to put characters into tiers when voting too.

I think I'm pretty safe to say that the majority wouldn't have put Diddy in S tier alone.

THIS IS SO DUMB

Laem

Smash Champion
It should've been required to put characters into tiers when voting too.

I think I'm pretty safe to say that the majority wouldn't have put Diddy in S tier alone.
This has been carefully considered. Decided was not to do it.
(I personally did it anyway tho :D)

THIS IS SO DUMB
Maybe you just underestimate diddy?

D

Deleted member

Wow....the European Metagame must be interesting..

Honestly share Gheb's sentiments on it, but since it's based on a different Metagame, I can't really complain too much.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Some people actually did include gaps in their note, they all looked different. It's not something you can abritrarily decide after you have the votes and it's not something people will agree on either, so sticking to the data is superior imo.

Laem

Smash Champion

Honestly share Gheb's sentiments on it, but since it's based on a different Metagame, I can't really complain too much.
You think it's a bad list even though you don't know our metagame?
>.>

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Good list Marc and Shloka, thanks.

Gheb shut up, you lack experience, suck at the game and are biased as ****.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Alright, I think I fixed the problem.
Make sure to tell me if you see something wrong (and I wouldn't be surprise if there was a problem indeed.)

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Maybe you just underestimate diddy?
No, you guys overestimate him. He isn't even in the S rank in European Tourney Results.

Diddy doesn't deserve his own tier. Especially not in Europe where we barely have any Diddy Kong users capable of placing high.

Who seriously thinks Diddy should be in S tier alone? Just because we agree on 2nd place doesn't mean that he's a tier above 3rd place.

Laem

Smash Champion
No, you guys overestimate him. He isn't even in the S rank in European Tourney Results.
That, or you underestimate him. Guess which one is more likely? :p
Diddy doesn't deserve his own tier. Especially not in Europe where we barely have any Diddy Kong users capable of placing high.
There's enough of em compared to other characters.
Who seriously thinks Diddy should be in S tier alone? Just because we agree on 2nd place doesn't mean that he's a tier above 3rd place.
Probably not that many...but we stick to the data, cuz we're in fact done with the list :p

Also, note to all: We already have a thread that keeps record of tourneyplacings. This is a TIERLIST.

D

Deleted member

You think it's a bad list even though you don't know our metagame?
>.>
I think it's bad from a North American point of view. Like I said in the post, since I lack knowledge of the European metagame, I can't really complain. Of course it's going to be different.

Edit: I agree with Seagull's post.

Laem

Smash Champion
I think :peach: and :wolf: should switch at least...A tier list with :peach: above :wolf: is gross.

:018:
Oh I fully agree :). But Leon and Yami probably struck the hearts of a lot the voters with pure love

I think it's bad from a North American point of view. Like I said in the post, since I lack knowledge of the European metagame, I can't really complain. Of course it's going to be different.
............................................you know what, just nevermind.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
That, or you underestimate him. Guess which one is more likely? :p
Results(which, btw, are part of what makes a tier list) would suggest you.

There's enough of em compared to other characters.
Enough to compare, but not surpass.

Probably not that many...but we stick to the data, cuz we're in fact done with the list :p

Also, note to all: We already have a thread that keeps record of tourneyplacings. This is a TIERLIST.
Hitting backspace a few times isn't hard. We can pretend like this never happened. You're basically saying that we should stick to the results that puts him in his own tier because of wrong reasons ("Diddy is definetly 2nd, since we all agree on this more than who's going to be 3rd, then he's worthy of his own tier, YEAH")

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
The tier list looks fine. I like it, especially the Marth, Peach and Pit bump.
Lucario didn't drop much though.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Alright. Every problem I've been told so far has been fixed (I'm only talking about technical stuff, not the results themselves... I don't give a **** about these).

Also, game time : when adding the characters icons, I somehow lost the diddy icon, so I added another one.
Yet I just found were the first one went. It's still in the table, hidden very very well. Can you find it ?

Laem

Smash Champion
Enough to compare, but not surpass.
Under the assumption that diddy and other top tiers have equally skilled players (best case scenario for your argument), the character considered best comes out on top: Diddy.
Hitting backspace a few times isn't hard. We can pretend like this never happened. You're basically saying that we should stick to the results that puts him in his own tier because of wrong reasons ("Diddy is definetly 2nd, since we all agree on this more than who's going to be 3rd, then he's worthy of his own tier, YEAH")
That's just the way it works...Tiers were decided by gaps in average placing. Many, many ppl placed diddy 2nd, while 3rd place was hotly contended,therefore he gets his own tier.
Deciding gaps afterwards is prone to subjectivity, and apparently, not worth it. Understandable.

//goin to bed, ciao

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
But I'd imagine that practically everyone would agree that Diddy isn't in his own tier.
I'm not talking about any other characters who are subjects of more debate. I'm talking about Diddy only.
Diddy isn't worthy of his own tier. When most would agree, why use "subjectivity" as an arguement against it?

"Yeah we all agree Diddy isn't a tier above 3rd place, but since this is our subjective opinion, all of our identical opinions shouldn't be taken into consideration, so we're gonna stick to numbers"

Or something along those lines. I'm tired, I should've been sleeping by now, I should've read for a test tomorrow.... but this Diddy placement went complete ****** and I had to mention it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
edit2: I'm surprised Orion voted Bowser to be above Jigglypuff. Where the Jigglypuff hype at?
I'm not stupid.
W/out a LGL i think bowser has more potential than jiggs by a very significant margin. Although players still need to get better at grab releases : |
Lucario should really be mid tier...

also marth is too low prolly.
This isn't based off of results in europe though but moreso the opinions of active top players
....see about that

then it's not that much of an EU tier list if it isn't based off of EU results :I
what results anyway? :awesome:

gheb always has something to say most of us stopped caring.
i actually am surprised than ***** was allowed to vote :troll:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
90% of the people in this thread is stupid and ******** and should burn in hell forever.

Seriously though. The amount of **** people manage to disgorge here about 'derpyderp someone has his own tier', 'slurpherp i dont agree with this or that', 'garbledarble im a ****ing scrub' and 'SUP IM NORTH AMERICAN AND I DISAGREE WITH THIS LIST' is just repulsive.

I honestly feel bad for Marc and Shloka putting in so much effort just to have their product met with irrelevant criticism.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
I was under the assumption that we were trying to create a tier list that would reflect the European metagame better, and I feel like we weren't successful in accomplishing one. I'm still appreciative of your work though, Slhoka. I can't imagine this being easy.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I feel worse about everyone misspelling Slhoka's name. =P

But yeah, people vote the way they do and any complaints about that we can't even take personally as constructive criticism or whatever. The data should be fine now and we provided as many insights into the process as we could, take it or leave it. I personally don't 100% agree with everything either, but that's just how it works when you're taking into consideration more than your own opinion.

I've found the Diddy icon Slhoka mentioned earlier, have you?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Look's cool :)

Definitely have similar sentiments to Chair :p
Tier lists aren't just tournament results. Time and time again that point has to be reminded to the most stubborn people in the universe, but alas, we strive forward.

"What's the point of a European Tier List?"
it was a project that was sought out to reflect the opinions of European players, while the BBR is international, it isn't a stretch to say the tier list is mostly formed by the opinions of the US player base.

That's not to say either tier list is overly inaccurate, for the most part, character positions / the tier they reside in are similar to the BBR list.

I actually am surprised Snake got placed over Marth here, but I probably talk to the Marth hypers from Europe more so than I do the alternative, haha.

Starwave

Smash Cadet
This is really awesome, thanks for setting this up you guys. Its cool that the europeans regard pit as a superior character to Rob. I've always felt that Pit in metagame w/ mk legal is leagues above Rob.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Awesome job, thanks for such detailed info.

Just one thing, Edu was on the Spain list of voters and he told me he had voted meanwhile he appears nowhere in the data D: (dunno, maybe he changed his mind and asked personally for his vote to not be counted or wathever, but I was sure he had voted xD)

Flayl

Smash Hero
My bad guys, I forgot to give thanks for your efforts, especially to Slhoka - thanks for organizing and formatting the data.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Holy **** I saw luigi player voted GaW at 26th... Was he basing it off of european tournament results only or what?
No, I'm just realistic. GaW is just kinda bad, although I have to say I underrated him before (just a bit), so he's higher on my list than I previously thought he should be. With a stagelist that includes Brinstar/RC I might put him even higher though, dunno.

he voted lucario at 23rd lol.

he must actually be doing it right.
I know of the awesome results of Trela and Junebug (and Lee M., even Azen...), but frankly I just really had problems putting characters together and didn't know where to put almost all of them. You shouldn't take my list that accurately... characters could be switched around some spots (although not all of them xD).
In the end I decided to just vote based on my experience with Lucario... (it's not that much though; he really isn't a threat in europe :/)

I was under the assumption that we were trying to create a tier list that would reflect the European metagame better, and I feel like we weren't successful in accomplishing one. I'm still appreciative of your work though, Slhoka. I can't imagine this being easy.
A tierlist isn't there to show how our results are. It's to show what we think about how good the characters (with our ruleset) are... so it doesn't necessarily show how our metagame is, although results are surely taken into account at least a little.

It'd be really interesting to me how our list would look like without influence of america and japan... I know that I at least would see things way differently lol.

I've found the Diddy icon Slhoka mentioned earlier, have you?
Too lazy after opening it 3 times and reading about this after. :mad:

It's interesting to see Kaos voting Zelda so high and Diddy and DK so low. :x

Oh and I really think we should be doing the tiering thing. Diddy and Ganon shouldn't have their own tiers...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't really have desire to argue with you, but to say characters like kirby, rob, ike, sheik and sonic are better than GaW seems very unrealistic to me.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't really have desire to argue with you, but to say characters like kirby, rob, ike, sheik and sonic are better than GaW seems very unrealistic to me.
I understand, and respect your opinion. I just don't see GaWs greatness myself though. :/

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm embarrassed by some of the NA players posting in here.
Guys, it's their metagame. They know it far more than we ever will.
They've had to deal with a tier list with the majority being NA influence for 4 years, how do you think they feel?
Try and respect their opinion, Marc and friends put alot of work into this.

Good **** EU.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I understand, and respect your opinion. I just don't see GaWs greatness myself though. :/
Can you explain why :wolf: is lower then :peach: at least...? Based on :metaknight: being legal and :wolf: having better matchups and results then :peach: in Europe, I don't see how she is higher then him. Semifer has always brought in amazing results and I have not seen a :peach: equivalent in Europe. T also has usually brought in good results even if he uses more :dedede:/:metaknight: then his :wolf:.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Can you explain why :wolf: is lower then :peach: at least...? Based on :metaknight: being legal and :wolf: having better matchups and results then :peach: in Europe, I don't see how she is higher then him. Semifer has always brought in amazing results and I have not seen a :peach: equivalent in Europe. T also has usually brought in good results even if he uses more :dedede:/:metaknight: then his :wolf:.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Leon had better results than the Wolfs with Peach... although he did use Marth too a bit, but mostly against MKs. He still would've outplaced any Wolfs...

Now there are other good Peaches like Yami and reaper (and maybe others) that also bring solid results with her...

I can't talk for everyone but I personally have put Wolf somewhat low mostly because of his bad MUs. It's always difficult to judge good characters with a few awful MUs, but they were my reason to put him kinda low. :/ If it would just be one he would've been higher, but he has several.. ~_~

Top Bottom