• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Official Custom Moveset Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The 1312 set should be incorporated at EVO, who presumably won't start with this project until the deadline of March 27, and it should be incorporated by anyone who hasn't started loading the sets on to their 3DS yet. Even people who already have could consider adding it in too, of course.

Chibo you bring up a good point about the message possibly giving people the wrong idea. I would say the best plan of action is to leave it up until the EVO deadline and then just remove the message and parentheticals, seamlessly adding 1312 into the Gunner sets.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
The 1312 set should be incorporated at EVO, who presumably won't start with this project until the deadline of March 27, and it should be incorporated by anyone who hasn't started loading the sets on to their 3DS yet. Even people who already have could consider adding it in too, of course.

Chibo you bring up a good point about the message possibly giving people the wrong idea. I would say the best plan of action is to leave it up until the EVO deadline and then just remove the message and parentheticals, seamlessly adding 1312 into the Gunner sets.
The way it's phrased makes it seem as if it's optional or won't be standard.

"*Due to an oversight, 1312 Mii Gunner was inadvertently left out of the first release. Redoing Miis is a huge burden; those of you who have already built sets on your 3ds should not feel compelled to add this set. Those of you who have yet to build your sets should add it. As a player, just know it's not guaranteed to be present."

should be changed to

"*Due to an oversight, 1312 Mii Gunner was inadvertently left out of the first release."

This solidifies it as a mistake but shows it is an official part. Also next to Mii Gunner should read 19 sets, rather than 18. Of course, also removing the parenthesis.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Agreed, I think that change makes a lot more sense (and actually explains what happened), and leaving that message up until the Evo lock in sounds appropriate.

Also just to clarify, is the whole 2 optional sets to be removed for 3DS upload allowed events gone and not in place anymore?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Agreed, I think that change makes a lot more sense (and actually explains what happened), and leaving that message up until the Evo lock in sounds appropriate.

Also just to clarify, is the whole 2 optional sets to be removed for 3DS upload allowed events gone and not in place anymore?
From the OP

The largest of tournaments like EVO are only going to allow the quickly selectable pre-sets and should be sure to fill up all 10 slots for every character, but most other tournaments can and probably should allow users to import their own movesets from their own 3DS consoles and may want to leave those two spots open to expedite that process. Imported sets should not be "signed" to indicate they are not sets installed by the TO.

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
Can someone explain to me why is it so hard to add a new Mii moveset?
The way I see it I just have to create a new Mii Fighter on my Wii U... or am I missing something?

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Can someone explain to me why is it so hard to add a new Mii moveset?
The way I see it I just have to create a new Mii Fighter on my Wii U... or am I missing something?
It's ordered from Brawler->Swordfighter->Gunner, but in order to show it in that order, the sets must be entered backwards. You'd start with Gunner's last set and move up. This set is now at the very end, meaning it should be the first one inputted.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It's hard if you're trying to conserve the Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner ordering. Smash on both systems puts the most recently made Miis on top so you'd ideally want to create the sets in the reverse order in which they appear on the list, starting with the last set of Gunner and working your way up to the first set of Brawler.

Dang I got ninja'd.

Anyway, I do agree it makes sense to at least rephrase the wording on the set so it's a little less ambiguous.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Smash Rookie
I just hope that someone is going to use R.O.B. at evo with up3 cause that up special makes him an aerial menace. Just tapping it once makes your horizontal air speed increase and you still get to attack making R.O.B. able to attack airborn opponents quickly from the other side of the stage effectively making one of the best characters in the game. Me personally i think 1331 is the best set for him because side 3 is quick and actually saves your life because I don't know how many times I have side b'd when I wanted to up be and died as a result. With side 3 you don't have this. So in short I approve very highly of the R.O.B. Sets

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Rosalina's customs need to be fixed. Power Luma shot needs to be in 2 of her pre sets. Shooting Star Bit is NOT the only custom she has for her standard special and Power Luma shot can be useful in good ways, it's not broken in any way, but we need variety. Please fix this for Rosalina and Luma.

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
This project is reaching a pokemon level of discussion, it is like deciding fixed movements for every competitive pokemon

Oh wait, smogon.com does that Kappa

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Rosalina's customs need to be fixed. Power Luma shot needs to be in 2 of her pre sets. Shooting Star Bit is NOT the only custom she has for her standard special and Power Luma shot can be useful in good ways, it's not broken in any way, but we need variety. Please fix this for Rosalina and Luma.
The sets were already decided. They're not just going to be changed now.

Every Mii should list 10 sets only.
That would be too limiting for them, seeing as their customs are all different and not just variations of one base move.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
The sets were already decided. They're not just going to be changed now.
While I agree that sets should not be changed after a designated date, I feel it would be good to have a "grace period" where the officially decided custom movesets could be presented to the community, so that anyone who has an issue with it could speak up before locking the sets until the next update. Might be too late to do that for this iteration, but it's certainly something to keep in mind for future revisions.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I've asked you this before, but can you explain why power Luma Shot is good? Tell me it's strengths, weaknesses and how the strengths outweigh or negate the weaknesses to the point where it warrants more than zero sets.
Please?:chuckle:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Power Luma frame traps grabs and the large, lingering hitbox provides a "no-zone" for a while, which for a glass cannon like rosalina can be helpful. (Also lets her cover landing options more effectively in some situations)

I don't play rosalina, nor do I still think it's particularly good, but it does have uses.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
While I agree that sets should not be changed after a designated date, I feel it would be good to have a "grace period" where the officially decided custom movesets could be presented to the community, so that anyone who has an issue with it could speak up before locking the sets until the next update. Might be too late to do that for this iteration, but it's certainly something to keep in mind for future revisions.
I'd like to mention that there actually was a grace period, where me and Ampharos took a lineup of each character's custom discussion thread(we each did half the characters), evaluated their discussions, and decided on a preliminary 10 sets based on that. We did this about 10 days before the official release of this project, so people had plenty of time to discuss and change the sets(iirc every single character board continued to discuss after the preliminary set posts, so yeah).

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'd like to mention that there actually was a grace period, where me and Ampharos took a lineup of each character's custom discussion thread(we each did half the characters), evaluated their discussions, and decided on a preliminary 10 sets based on that. We did this about 10 days before the official release of this project, so people had plenty of time to discuss and change the sets(iirc every single character board continued to discuss after the preliminary set posts, so yeah).
Also IIRC (I can't remember if it was you or Ampharos that posted on Rosalina's thread) although Power Luma Shot was originally considered for a niche set, it was eventually rejected on the grounds that it doesn't actually help her overcome any of her bad matchups, it just lets her win harder in matchups she already wins to begin with.

Yikarur

Smash Master
That would be too limiting for them, seeing as their customs are all different and not just variations of one base move.
ever character is limtied to thoose 10 Sets. Mii's should be not exception.
What if a Palutena had 12 absolutely usable specials? (which might even be the case)
You are still limited to 10.
Mii's shouldn't get any extra treatment.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
What if a Palutena had 12 absolutely usable specials? (which might even be the case)
We just had an instance where Mii Gunner had 18 sets and even then, there was a problem because Chibo's set wasn't included. 18 usable sets and there was still one missing. Tell me how much sense it makes to limit it down to 10 when they are perfectly capable of having more. Miis shouldn't be limited based on the limitations of the other characters.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The main reason presets are even a thing are simply the logistics of unlocking customs + the logistics of selecting them. If TOs feel it unnecessary to limit those characters to 10 sets despite not themselves being subject to the unlock issue, I don't see the issue.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So keep in mind that while similar, Miis and their movesets are not technically "custom moves".
  • They use a different menu for creation.
  • They also have two size parameters.
  • They also have two cosmetic slots.
  • Their moves do not have to be unlocked.
  • There is no restriction on number of sets.
  • They can be selected even if customs are set to "Off".
Mii policy is completely separate from customs. For all we know, EVO won't even allow the Mii characters at all. (Though this would be silly, and I hope this isn't the case.)

They are only part of this project discussion because the process of speeding up tourney setup and configuration applies similarly to them.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Sad at the lack of Megabomb sets on Samus, I'm shocked that people think slip bomb is better. My fault for not taking part in the discussions though. I would've loved to have a 1233, 2213, or 2233 set :(

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Sad at the lack of Megabomb sets on Samus, I'm shocked that people think slip bomb is better. My fault for not taking part in the discussions though. I would've loved to have a 1233, 2213, or 2233 set :(
The Samus subforum themselves expressed almost zero interest in the move. Me and NinjaLink pushed hard for that 1 Mega Bomb set, and upon review we all agreed the move had serious merit. (Adding that 1 set was one of the very rare instances of the review altering/adding anything against the grain of the subforum discussion.)

Samus is one of the only characters I think has the possibility of evolving to significantly different sets in the future. (Also, Mega Man.)

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The Samus boards were originally set on having zero Mega Bomb sets, but upon NinjaLink showing us some tech with it, we decided to include the 1213 set which we believed was probably the most "general purpose good" Mega Bomb set. I do agree the move has some very solid potential even if right now most Samus players are more interested in the other down specials; Samus was definitely one of our bigger challenges since honestly other than "always use Relentless Missiles" there's a plausible argument to be made for any custom load-out with her.

Luma Warp is the special that dominated standard special, not Shooting Star Bit. The Rosalina boards, over more than a month of discussion, pretty much agreed to this. Even in the v1 discussion, no one talked about Power Luma Shot in a way that suggested "I'll use this in tournament"; every post about this move was always a hypothetical "it doesn't seem so bad". Dabuz vouching that it's just awful and should never be used was pretty convincing; in far fewer words than I'm about to use he's expressed that it's bad and shouldn't be picked.

As a Rosalina main, I've personally explored it a fair bit. Here's what I found. The priority and power is nice, but it's still something the opponent can beat unless you fully charge (and your opponent has to be a dummy to let you fully charge and then somehow hit). You lose complete control of Luma for the entire animation, and Luma projects out from Rosalina so slowly when you use this move that the area beyond your normal fsmash range cannot be effectively controlled with it wheras if you don't charge it so much that you won't hit you're generally better off just using fsmash in the first place to control that space (and random fsmashing isn't even good!). Approaching behind a slow moving projectile can be very useful in some match-ups and was a reason I kept suspecting the move had merit for a while, but in practice, I found I was always significantly better off if I desired that gameplay mode to use Floaty Star Bit + Luma Warp instead of Power Luma Shot + Shooting Star Bit since with the former I retain my full range of normal options whereas with the latter I am completely tying up one of my characters which is ridiculously limiting. Using Power Luma Shot made me ridiculously predictable; Luma loses almost all mobility, and that in a lot of ways is taking away half of my moveset. You simply cannot, if you pick this custom, project Luma beyond Rosalina's normal range effectively, and every time you hit the button for this move, you're basically simulating your 12.5 seconds of unhappy "Luma is dead" time with Luma still alive. Nothing Power Luma Shot offers begins to compensate for that kind of loss, and since Floaty Star Bit exists for your "chase a slow projectile" needs (and Floaty Star Bit is completely transcendent and actually does beat literally everything except reflectors), it's really hard to justify Power Luma Shot.

When I was playing opponents who didn't know what was going on, I was able to get some serious mileage out of the move since I could trick them into just running into it. Whenever I fought anyone who was a more competitive opponent, they would make me really regret picking the move every time without exception since they were smart enough not to get hit, they'd abuse that Luma was never going to move anywhere quickly in their spacing decisions, and if I used the move they'd aggressively bully the Rosalina who willingly locked her partner out from doing anything helpful for an extended period. In that sense, it was "useful" to troll weak players, but it was never, in any match-up, a tool that would enable Rosalina to win where she otherwise would lose. That's somewhat different from what you're saying @ ParanoidDrone ParanoidDrone . I was the one who said that, as a Rosalina main, that it helps against players who lose to you already since it's often easy to trick weaker players into getting hit by stuff they shouldn't, not against characters who lose to you. I do not believe it's helpful against any characters.

The progression of sets also has to be understood for Rosalina...

Dabuz has said that he would use the following six sets in tournament: 2311, 2313, 2321, 2323, 2111, 2121.

Of those sets, 2311 and 2313 represent by far the most common opinion of Rosalina mains, and we've also as a group been pretty convinced up-1 vs up-2 is a very subjective preference choice so 2321 and 2323 deserve inclusion even if dabuz doesn't exist (he's just a great, credible source telling us we're right). The two default Star Bits sets are sets he alleges are useful in the Luigi and Olimar match-ups (since both of those have projectiles, no Guardian Luma variants are necessary). To be honest, as a player, I don't see it, but I don't think any of us are in a position to credibly tell the best Rosalina player by far that he is wrong about this. We have six sets that are in regardless.

That leaves us with four to fill. By far the most popular move not in those six necessary sets was Floaty Star Bit, and as a Rosalina main I'm entirely convinced it's the best one remaining (it's not just me either). Giving 2211 and 2221 at least was pretty common sense. From here we have two sets left. Many Rosalinas who are not very experienced with customs want Shooting Star Bit but are not comfortable giving up default Luma Shot. Locally I have had many custom inexperienced players ask for this set, and I'm almost entirely certain that's a common experience. 1311 will be picked at EVO even though, to be real, it's purely sub-optimal. It had to be included.

The last set was always going to be either 3311 or 2331. Honestly someone asked for 2331 in a way that implied he would pick it whereas no one did the same for 3311, and that was the biggest factor. As a player, I do believe 2331 is the better set. Even though the attack on Launch Star Attack is seriously crummy, it does add hitboxes to your up special. There are a huge number of possible gimp set-ups against a recovery that doesn't hit, and I would easily believe that even the poor hitboxes on Launch Star Attack could protect against at least some of them. The recovery distance nerf is pretty harsh, but Rosalina's recovery is still serviceable with Launch Star Attack (to be honest, the distance is pretty excessive with the other specials). She can also use it, in a very niche way, in juggle traps since it lets her cover areas she otherwise can't hit (or can drag people off the top!), even if it has substantial disadvantages. Lastly, as a matter of game theory, it seems like it might have some use in the Peach match-up if she holds a float just above your usmash range; it would let you actually punish her sliding in and out and dairing you. None of it is truly "solid", but there are quite a few reasons that Launch Star Attack might be selected, and the case is a lot more compelling than for Power Luma Shot which has been explored by several of us and written off at the same time.

In order to add Power Luma Shot sets, some of the above has to be removed. I mean, to be honest, I think changing sets at this point would be remarkably poor judgment regardless; the public discussion for this lasted for over a month so everyone had a lot of time to be heard, and TOs have already begun implementing these sets on their hardware so it's a big burden to just start changing sets. I'm sorry if this isn't satisfying to you, but we sought to give Rosalina her best set of overall options and in doing so included the sets that every Rosalina main who participated in the lengthy and public pre-release discussion was wanting to use. As a Rosalina main myself, I would really advise you to check out the 2211 and 2221 sets if you like the slow projectile thing; they'll really up your game while letting you go for the same kind of thing.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I wasn't sure if this was worth it's own thread, but I'll post it here for now.

Our first version of The Custom Move Encyclopedia is finished! Thanks to @ newbzoors newbzoors , @ John12346 John12346 , @Twin Rhapsody and @SmashCapps for helping out. We plan to add more as time passes, but for now we have...
  • A description of every custom move and every default special for easy comparision.
  • The updated loadouts (Summer 2015).
Hopefully we should be adding more to the Encyclopedia as time goes on, making it a very in-depth tool for analyzing moves, loadouts and helping you understand the custom meta better.

Some ideas we had in mind were...
  • Custom move ratings.
  • Loadout explanations.
This version of the Encyclopedia may be best used for tablets or smartphones, but we are working on a printer friendly version, in case people would like to print it out in folders to be used in a physical form at tournaments. I highly recommend you save this as a PDF, so everything loads quickly and you can use the embedded bookmarks! If you have any feedback, feel free to let me know!

Here is the place where you click and stuff!

To save the doc as a PDF...
  1. Click File...
  2. Go down to "Download as" > "PDF Document (.pdf)"

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Mildly curious about how much discussion there was about Unyielding Blade for Ike, if you guys don't mind talking about that briefly.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Mildly curious about how much discussion there was about Unyielding Blade for Ike, if you guys don't mind talking about that briefly.
It's a nice niche move, but not worth more than 1 spot imo.

Details:
-Super armor begins from the point where he can release the attack (no super armor during startup)
-No super armor if you are in the air after startup. (If you land before the startup is over, you get super armor)
-Super armor ends after fully charging
-There is always super armor after the release of the attack

I think it's a good enough move, but the biggest problem is that uncharged is way too weak to be worth it. Uncharged should be dealing 12% worth of damage with some decent followups, but it instead does a measly 7%. This makes risking the move not worth it very much imo, and therefore makes it not so scary to approach. It's really helpful against opponent's who like to throw out many hitboxes or approach with a hitbox like Wizard's Dropkick.

Super armor while charging in the air would have made it a move that would be able to compete with the other Side-Bs. Sadly, it lacks that ability as well.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961

Our first version of The Custom Move Encyclopedia is finished! Thanks to @ newbzoors newbzoors , @ John12346 John12346 , @Twin Rhapsody and @SmashCapps for helping out. We plan to add more as time passes, but for now we have...
  • A description of every custom move and every default special for easy comparision.
Hopefully we should be adding more to the Encyclopedia as time goes on, making it a very in-depth tool for analyzing moves, loadouts and helping you understand the custom meta better.

• Custom move ratings.
  • Loadout explanations.
This version of the Encyclopedia may be best used for tablets or smartphones, but we are working on a printer friendly version, in case people would like to print it out in folders to be used in a physical form at tournaments. I highly recommend you save this as a PDF, so everything loads quickly and you can use the embedded bookmarks! If you have any feedback, feel free to let me know!

1. Click File...
Would like to add something to Ganondorf's Dark Fists: it has Super Armor on startup (frame 5) right up until the very frame the hitbox comes out, so it can be used to escape combos and even turn the opponent's own combo into an early Ganon kill (it kills off the top VERY early, around 50-60%).

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice

• Custom move ratings.
  • Loadout explanations.

1. Click File...
Really usefull, thank you for this !

For now I only took a quick look of my mains, but I have 2 suggestions : about Robin DownB, you could add that the customs doesn't scale with damage differences.
And for Zelda DownB 2 : "Charging the attack will not affect how far the phantom dashes out." You could add that it's actually always the maximum distance (not 100% sure tho, pls someone confirm), to be more precise.

It's definitely worth a thread IMO.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's a nice niche move, but not worth more than 1 spot imo.

Details:
-Super armor begins from the point where he can release the attack (no super armor during startup)
-No super armor if you are in the air after startup. (If you land before the startup is over, you get super armor)
-Super armor ends after fully charging
-There is always super armor after the release of the attack

I think it's a good enough move, but the biggest problem is that uncharged is way too weak to be worth it. Uncharged should be dealing 12% worth of damage with some decent followups, but it instead does a measly 7%. This makes risking the move not worth it very much imo, and therefore makes it not so scary to approach. It's really helpful against opponent's who like to throw out many hitboxes or approach with a hitbox like Wizard's Dropkick.

Super armor while charging in the air would have made it a move that would be able to compete with the other Side-Bs. Sadly, it lacks that ability as well.
I don't think there is even one though.

Unless I've misread the chart like 3 times over. Which is entirely possible.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, this is sure to be a useful resource. However, I think it would be convenient if each character's moves section also included that character's loadouts. That way, people who don't have the customs memorized don't have to scroll between the moves sections and the Current Loadouts section to understand the loadouts.

newbzoors

Smash Rookie
Really usefull, thank you for this !

For now I only took a quick look of my mains, but I have 2 suggestions : about Robin DownB, you could add that the customs doesn't scale with damage differences.
And for Zelda DownB 2 : "Charging the attack will not affect how far the phantom dashes out." You could add that it's actually always the maximum distance (not 100% sure tho, pls someone confirm), to be more precise.

It's definitely worth a thread IMO.
I just tested the Zelda thing, seems like custom 2 gets slightly less distance than a default fully charged. Either way, saying just how much distance it gets compared to default is good information, thanks for pointing that out!

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i don't like this custom moveset thing creeping in, does anyone else feel like it should just be stock characters and how far you should push them? this will change the game in a big way...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
i don't like this custom moveset thing creeping in, does anyone else feel like it should just be stock characters and how far you should push them? this will change the game in a big way...
So, there's basically three primary ways to play the game:

1. Party-Game: A game focused on unpredictability, with Free-For-All filled with random elements (crazy stages, items, FFA politics) to let everyone win sometimes.
2. Faux-Competitive: A game focused on simplicity, to give casual players a fast, basic game that requires minimal knowledge or practice.
3. Competitive: A game focused on breadth and depth of competition, where players play at their uncompromising best under conditions that test their adaptivity to prove who is the best.

The good news is, Smash Bros. supports all of these playstyles. Smash 4 added lots of new modes and content specifically catered to each as well. "Party-players" got Smash Tour/Run and crazier stages than ever before, to say nothing of 8-man FFAs. Faux-competitives got For Glory Mode and omega stages. And serious competitives got a diverse stage pool and customs moves. (Everyone got new characters, better balanced, and improved mechanics)

Custom moves allow playing characters to the peak of their potential, which is the true spirit of real competitive play. What's more, it salvages several characters (mostly heavies) who ordinarily are stuck with special moves designed exclusively for FFAs, and thus are at a fundamental disadvantage in 1v1.

Players customizing a loadouts to best fit the demands of the competitive environment and play to their top potential is common in almost every major modern e-sport:
  • League of Legends
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Call of Duty
  • Halo
  • Battlefield
  • Street Fighter 2: ST (old/new)
  • Street Fighter 4 (ultras)
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (assists)
  • Melty Blood: AA (3 movesets)
DotA 2, StarCraft, and Counterstrike do not have external loadouts, but instead have complex internal loadouts picked within each game itself. (LoL does as well.)

A core principle of competition is playing a game to the full potential of all participants. Allowing customs does not change the game, because this is quite literally what the full game always was in the first place.

Yikarur

Smash Master
So keep in mind that while similar, Miis and their movesets are not technically "custom moves".
  • They use a different menu for creation.
  • They also have two size parameters.
  • They also have two cosmetic slots.
  • Their moves do not have to be unlocked.
  • There is no restriction on number of sets.
  • They can be selected even if customs are set to "Off".
Mii policy is completely separate from customs. For all we know, EVO won't even allow the Mii characters at all. (Though this would be silly, and I hope this isn't the case.)

They are only part of this project discussion because the process of speeding up tourney setup and configuration applies similarly to them.
hey you have the same opinion about Mii's as me ! Why does no one push Mii's for variable Moves in a non-custom environment? I hate the 1111 trend atm. It doesn't make any ens; it has no base of argument.

well Mii's are still 3 characters and you shouldn't give them more options then the other. That would be arbitrary.

and I still think Customs might ruin Smash 4 because it will split the community. In germany we don't intend using customs. I don't know what our neighbours think about this.
But a game can only really evove if we have a united ruleset (see Melee) imo, so this will probably devolve the game :/

Coffee™

I need it....
A bit curious as to why there are no Shiek sets with Gale at all? Paralyzing Needle got a slot and I don't remember ever seeing much discussion about these guys.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
So, I know that the rules are 5 minutes, 2 stocks and only the stages from the list but how do you choose sets? I mean first you choose stages right? then people choose characters and at last they choose their sets, but who choose first everything? who strikes first, who choose character first and who choose set first? also when you win a game can you change the character? and what happens if the loser change the character? can you change your set after he changes the character or what? we really need a topic explaining all of this in full detail because yesterday someone told me I can't change my set if I win a game and he changed character his character from a melee figther to a long range fighter and with this I coudn't use my reflector custom move.

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
So, I know that the rules are 5 minutes, 2 stocks and only the stages from the list but how do you choose sets? I mean first you choose stages right? then people choose characters and at last they choose their sets, but who choose first everything? who strikes first, who choose character first and who choose set first? also when you win a game can you change the character? and what happens if the loser change the character? can you change your set after he changes the character or what? we really need a topic explaining all of this in full detail because yesterday someone told me I can't change my set if I win a game and he changed character his character from a melee figther to a long range fighter and with this I coudn't use my reflector custom move.
I don't think it's official, but here's how I heard people want it

Round 1
Blind Pick Character
Blind Pick Custom
Stage Strike

Round 2+
Winner Bans Stages
Loser Picks Stage
Winner Picks Character
Loser Picks Character
Winner Choses Customs
Loser Choses Customs