• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

NNID
Budget_Player
What code? If you mean a decompiled code, then I can't help ya because I have no clue what to do with that kind of thing.

I downloaded the full package from Brawlplus.net (the NSTC version), renamed the RSBE folder to RSBP, replaced the .gct file with the PAL, and put the snapshot into the right folder. The GCT and Snapshot are both from http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9e6be94b80dbf0c5e5c3dee5769931eca60a2cf2af37cae2ce018c8114394287, which is the download link from b+.net...

Wait I'm stupid. :laugh: You were talking to someone else.

The Kitchen Sink

Smash Rookie
Two (or three?) things.

1. I can't seem to get the Move Swap codes to work. For example, I would use
077DC614 00000008
31809D75 002BBB20
to swap Bowser's moves with Kirby's. Is that right? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a prerequisite? When they're on, they do nothing at all, it seems.

2. Two code requests:
2a. Code request for a vertical version of Phantom Wings's "Wrap Around" code. Preferably also a version where only the bottom has the wrap effect, and the top still kills.
2b. Code request to replace "helpless" mode with normal air falling; effectively eliminate helpless mode. Or would the "Player Action Modifier" do that?

nightSN

Smash Ace
heres colored shields
Colored shields [Phantom wings] (20 lines)
4A000000 80F59A60
14000088 FF3AB700
14000090 FF000000
140000A0 FF000000
140000A8 00000000
4A000000 80F59ED4
14000088 00FFFF00
14000090 0000FF00
140000A0 0080FF00
140000A8 00000000
4A000000 80F5A348
14000088 FAF9E100
14000090 FFFF0000
140000A0 FFFF8000
140000A8 00000000
4A000000 80F5A7BC
14000088 88FCAE00
14000090 00FF0000
140000A0 00C00000
140000A8 00000000

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
this is the code Almas

Frame Speed Mod Data [spunit262]
065A9400 00000018
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV
FF000061 UKEMROLL
Format is [spunit262]
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is charactor id and need the following code to work.
YY is the first frame the speed mod is applyed (experimental)
ZZZZ is the action Id
LLLLLLLL is the multiplier for frame speed.
Notes:
1. The first one on the list that matches is used.
2. It detects the end of the list, by reading 00000000, this means that you can't modify Mario's standing animation starting with the first frame (who care), And you need to make sure that there are zeros after it.
3. FF is use as the Character id for every one.
4. You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Two (or three?) things.

1. I can't seem to get the Move Swap codes to work. For example, I would use
077DC614 00000008
31809D75 002BBB20
to swap Bowser's moves with Kirby's. Is that right? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a prerequisite? When they're on, they do nothing at all, it seems.

2. Two code requests:
2a. Code request for a vertical version of Phantom Wings's "Wrap Around" code. Preferably also a version where only the bottom has the wrap effect, and the top still kills.
2b. Code request to replace "helpless" mode with normal air falling; effectively eliminate helpless mode. Or would the "Player Action Modifier" do that?
i think some move swaps don't work if your exchanging the move set to someone with an extremly different body structure. for instance, i can't make captain falcon have charizard moves. to make sure your code is working, you could try switching pikachu to ganon. it works and it's comical

and here is the "no helplessness code"
infinite up b
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0010 40820008
3B80000F 60000000
939E0038 00000000
works with some side b's too
may cause some AT and Pokemon to stay out forever.

The Kitchen Sink

Smash Rookie
i think some move swaps don't work if your exchanging the move set to someone with an extremly different body structure. for instance, i can't make captain falcon have charizard moves. to make sure your code is working, you could try switching pikachu to ganon. it works and it's comical
Interestingly, I tried the "player action modifier" to try to make helpless into falling, and it didn't work. I suspected something was going on, so instead of using a giant text file of codes and enabling the ones I wanted, I made a much smaller text file using only the ones I wanted, and it magically started working.

While I suspect this may have applied to the move swap as well, it is true that Kirby is simply incompatible with Bowser. I tried Pikachu --> Ganon and it worked (omgrofl).

So basically my request is slimmed down to "vertical wrap around plz." Thanks.

codfish92

Smash Ace
So I'm now working with snapshot loading, because it seems like that's the only way to get it to work. The first time everything was in place, I looked at the image and it worked. So I redownloaded the package and reset everything to the right PAL settings and now the album crashes on me every time I open it! The spinning loading sign stops moving and the sound from the Wii to the TV turns into nothing but a high-pitched squeaky noise. What's going on here?
are you using any hitbox mod data, frame mod data, and or conditional action modifier data? if you are, i have noticed if you messup the byte count, it will freeze at the snapshot. also make sure ur using the PAL snapshot code, if your using another regions, it will either freeze the game or do nothing.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I few days ago I posted in one of these threads asking if someone had a texture to turn coins in coin battle a bloody red. All I got was "its probably somewhere" and that didn't help me actually find it. Could anyone tell me where to get this texture and perhaps PM me.

Another texture I was hoping to find for a character, if anyone could help me. Anybody played MadWorld? Could someone tell me if there is a texture to make Ganondorf look like Jack or the Black Baron.?

Much thanks in advance.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to hack into the trophies? It would be really funny for someone to hack into the trophy descriptions and write something completely different. Also, would it be possible to add trophies? That would be epic.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Why does the Debug Pause code randomly start grabbing when I frame advance?

Is there a newer version that fixes this?

FPSDars

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit new to Brawl hacking and such, so I'm pretty lost. None of the texture hacks I've downloaded are working. I have them all properly named and in their correct folders, and I'm using the latest Brawl+ code, which I assume includes the latest file patch. Brawl+ works fine, but texture hacks and even music hacks just outright refuse to work.

I'm launching the game with the latest version of Gecko OS, everything should be working fine. Are there compatibility problems with Brawl and certain SD cards maybe?

codfish92

Smash Ace
give us the path of one of ur textures and what version ur using (nstc-u, PAL, nstc-j) and if ur SD card is SD or SDHC.
(example of path j/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pcs)
if you give me those it will make solveing ur problem easier

and if your using the official brawl+ set and not the nightly build, music won't work. i believe that the official hasn't been up dated to file patch 3.5 yet.

FPSDars

Smash Rookie
give us the path of one of ur textures and what version ur using (nstc-u, PAL, nstc-j) and if ur SD card is SD or SDHC.
(example of path j/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pcs)
if you give me those it will make solveing ur problem easier

and if your using the official brawl+ set and not the nightly build, music won't work. i believe that the official hasn't been up dated to file patch 3.5 yet.
I'm using the nightly build of Brawl + and I'm on ntsc-u. Here's one of my texture paths:
I:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ike\FitIke01.pcs

My SD card is an SDHC.

Doval

Smash Lord
Why does the Debug Pause code randomly start grabbing when I frame advance?

Is there a newer version that fixes this?
I've asked about this at least twice and have never gotten an answer =/

It's not an elegant solution but the only way to reliably get around the problem is to use more controllers, so Controller 1 is used exclusively for frame advance and you test whatever you're trying to test with the other. Of course not everyone has that many controllers available, and it does lead to plenty of confusion shifting back and forth between that many controllers.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
When searching for texture hacks, I found an effect hack for Fox to make his Fire Fox blue in color. My questions are:

1. Does that same effect hack work for Falco as well since it's affecting practically the same move?
2. If not, is there a Falco Blue Fire effect hack in existence?
3. If not, where would I go to request one?

I'm not too big into effect textures, but think about it. Falco with blue fire just makes sense.

codfish92

Smash Ace
I've asked about this at least twice and have never gotten an answer =/

It's not an elegant solution but the only way to reliably get around the problem is to use more controllers, so Controller 1 is used exclusively for frame advance and you test whatever you're trying to test with the other. Of course not everyone has that many controllers available, and it does lead to plenty of confusion shifting back and forth between that many controllers.
you could try mapping the z button to do nothing.

codfish92

Smash Ace
When searching for texture hacks, I found an effect hack for Fox to make his Fire Fox blue in color. My questions are:

1. Does that same effect hack work for Falco as well since it's affecting practically the same move?
2. If not, is there a Falco Blue Fire effect hack in existence?
3. If not, where would I go to request one?

I'm not too big into effect textures, but think about it. Falco with blue fire just makes sense.
well texture files are just colors applied along the characters alpha lines, so you might be able to move fox's effect to falco and see if you get the same effect. if not, something else will just look weird. for instance, you can take a bowser texture and apply it to kirby, it would just look really weird since their colors, alphas, and models are different.

FPSDars

Smash Rookie
Well brawl can't read SDHC cards so it won't be able to stream off of it(aka load textures, music, animation, and models). if you move every thing to a SD card, everything should work.
Switched to one of my old normal SD cards, everything works! Thanks, man.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
does the level freezer work on wifi? and if so,what is the code for pokemon stadium (1 and 2)?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Can I have the codes for making marth act more like roy? I want roy, but with the latest nightly build.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
well texture files are just colors applied along the characters alpha lines, so you might be able to move fox's effect to falco and see if you get the same effect. if not, something else will just look weird. for instance, you can take a bowser texture and apply it to kirby, it would just look really weird since their colors, alphas, and models are different.
I just tried using the Fox blue fire effect for Falco, sadly it doesn't work: just ends up freezing the game before the match starts.

Is there anyone here who I can request a Falco blue fire effect from? I'd really rather not waste an account name on KittyCorp or StackSmash just to ask for one effect hack.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the codes aren't in the roy thread, the only text he has is the 4.1b codeset. He says the only thing missing from this text are the roy codes (but the roy codes are in the gct)

Specifically,

"The only thing not in here from that download are the Marth changes."

codfish92

Smash Ace
Does the 4.1 version of B+ come with the latest file replacement codes?
i believe the latest lightly build does. if it doesn't, download the text file and put in the latest code

I just tried using the Fox blue fire effect for Falco, sadly it doesn't work: just ends up freezing the game before the match starts.

Is there anyone here who I can request a Falco blue fire effect from? I'd really rather not waste an account name on KittyCorp or StackSmash just to ask for one effect hack.
unfortunately, not many people here can do texture hacks(that are good). the best are in kitty corp, stacksmash, and elitesmashhackers.

the codes aren't in the roy thread, the only text he has is the 4.1b codeset. He says the only thing missing from this text are the roy codes (but the roy codes are in the gct)

Specifically,

"The only thing not in here from that download are the Marth changes."
well then i'm afraid u'll have too wait until the creator update's the .gct. i thought they were in there, but i guess not.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Code request for a code that auto saves replays to the SD card after every match, Starcraft style.

swordgard

Smash Hero
don't think a code like that exists, and if it does if never heard of it(it might though don't take my word for it). and if it doesn't exist, a coder won't make it since the good ones are busy with brawl+ and BBrawl
Well, i thought you could request new codes here : (

But seriously, this could be a huge asset to the community, you could watch every match you do. We need someone to do this.

codfish92

Smash Ace
you can request, but very few get their request fulfilled cuz
A. most hackers are working on bigger projects
B. there aren't that many hackers still hacking brawl
C. there aren't that many hackers to begin with
D. Brawl has been hacked almost to it's near death. pretty much model hacks and animation hacks are the last big things to be done.

this is more of a help thread and requests for codes that exist as of late. i wish it was different

swordgard

Smash Hero
you can request, but very few get their request fulfilled cuz
A. most hackers are working on bigger projects
B. there aren't that many hackers still hacking brawl
C. there aren't that many hackers to begin with
D. Brawl has been hacked almost to it's near death. pretty much model hacks and animation hacks are the last big things to be done.

this is more of a help thread and requests for codes that exist as of late. i wish it was different
Im sad then : (

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
is there a code that lets you see what characters other players are selecting on the CSS on wifi matches with friends?

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
My wii freezes sometimes when i use colors of characters with the texture hack. I know i placed them into correct folders because the work sometimes, but other times they make my wii freeze

Top Bottom