• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I've been noticing a bunch of "kan i getz a c0dzors taht doz ______", and I thought it would greatly improve the cleanliness of our forum here to make a singe, centralized thread to carry out that facility.

If you have any questions regarding codes, any answers for your peer's questions, or any requests for codes, or any desire to find some codes but don't know what kind of code you want to find, come here first!

SymphonicSage12 said:
How to Set Up Your Own GCT​

By​
SymphonicSage12​

This guide will tell you how to make a text file of the codes you want for brawl, and then turn it into a GCT.

I'll first do a guide for the cheatmanager on Homebrew, and then one on the pc cheat manager.
But first, there will be a couple things you'll need:

NEEDED MATERIALS:

1.Notepad, Notepad++, or any program that can save text as a txt file

2.The Homebrew Channel, the latest version of the Homebrew browser, and the latest version of the Cheatmanager on the Homebrew Channel (the one with a green swishy logo, not WiiCm.)

3. Gecko OS on the Homebrew browser. v1.9.0.1 or later.

4.An SD Card (at least 1GB, don't go over 2GB), and an SD card reader/computer that can read SD cards

5.The codes you want, obviously

6.An official copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This is slightly obvious as well.

I have downloads for some of these materials at the bottom of the page.

Okay, so here are the steps:

Step 1. Open your text editing program (I use Notepad++), and make a new file.

Step 2. At the top of it, type the game ID for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Since I am in the U.S,
it is RSBE01 for me. For PAL, it's RSBP01. For Japan, it's RSBJ01.

Step 3. On the line right underneath that, type "Super Smash Bros Brawl" and then in parentheses right next to that
type (US) (PAL) or (JPN).

Step 4. Skip a line, and then type the title of your codeset. This can really be anything you want.
For example, "Brawlplusery Codeset v5.0 Beta"

Now is the time for the codes.

Step 5. Skip a line after the title, and type the category of codes in the section you want. This is optional,
but helps to organize your codes. What I mean by this is, for example, "Wii RD Codes" or "Cosmetic Stuff." If
you did this, now you need to skip a line after the category title and then put the code in.

Step 5 v2: Skip a line after the title of the codeset, and then put the code in.

NOTE: All codes need a title the line before the code. For example, you can't just put XXXXYYYY XYXYXYXY in the text file. You need a title for it
the line before, like so:

Unrestricted Camera (made by Person X) (x amount of lines)
XXXXYYYY XYXYXYXY

^^^^ The above code is simply an example.

Step 6. Now that you have all your codes formatted correctly, you need to save the text file.
Since this is brawl+, name it RSBE01 (or RSBP01 or whatever, depending on your region).

Step 7. Create a folder on the root of your SD card called "txtcodes" . Put the RSBE01 text file
you just saved into here. Don't put anything else in here just to be safe.

Step 8. Load up the homebrew channel, and load up the Cheatmanager. press a on the wiimote to load up the text file.

Step 9. Press the plus button on the codes you want to activate. Once you're done selecting, Press 1 to generate the gct file.

NOTE 2: Makes sure you have a "codes" folder on the root of your sd card. This is where the gct that is generated will go to.

Load up Gecko OS on homebrew, and enjoy!

PC CODE MANAGER GUIDE:​

Step 1. Get the text file ready in the same way as the first manager. Only this time, you need a code manager
for the computer. You can find the download to it in the downloads and resources section.

Step 2. Open the code manager, and select to open a text file; Open the one you made.

Step 3. Check the box on the left for each code you want activated. Once you're done selecting,
click "Export to GCT", and the gct should appear in the codes folder on the root of your SD card.

Load up Homebrew, and then Gecko OS, and enjoy! :)

This is for the Q&A section. This is where I will answer some questions that might be asked
frequently.

Q: How do I get the Homebrew Channel, browser, Gecko OS 1.9.1, and the Cheatmanager on the browser?
A: I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to help you with this. It's against this board's rules.

Q: Can I put the codes in a Microsoft Word document instead of Notepad or Notepad++?
A: Yes, but remember to save it as a txt file. The default is a .doc file, I believe.

Q: I can't find __________ code anywhere. Can you help me?
A: Try the code requests thread. It might takes several hours for someone to answer you.

Q: Does Brawl need to be in the Wii to start up Gecko OS?
A: Yes. Otherwise it will say "No DVD found."

THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE QUESTIONS ARE ASKED.

DOWNLOADS/RESOURCES SECTION:

I do note own the rights to, and was not the create of, all these materials. Please read a Terms of Use if it asks you to.​
Notepad ++: http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

Codemanager for the computer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TTX2R2A

Code Q&A + Request Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225238

Brawl Hacking Support Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199541

Brawl+ FAQ and Brawlplus.net thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

If you have any more questions, ask in this thread, or PM or Visitor Message me.

^^^Is a guide on setting up your own gct. :)

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
how about codes for longer taunts and preserving taunt bubbles in saved replays. i save a lot of my wifi brawls with a capture card but running back n forth to my pc between matches is ANNOYING! i'd like to save them in all their glory via replays and put them on my pc at my convenience.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
one BIG CODE REQUEST....

A CODE FOR A BETTER TECH WINDOW! (without the buffering code)

like Melee maybe...
This is being worked on, but will be very difficult, as teching in brawl focuses on a distance window instead of a time window. And it also seems that you can't tech if you are too close to the ground.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
1. Wavelanding but no wavedashing code?
Not something I want to really see in the official list, but I'd find it interesting. A code that would give you a normal brawl air dodge until you've been in the air for a certain amount of time, and then after that time is up, you're allowed to do a melee like airdodge.

More to come

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Great topic. Mine didn't work out but I'm glad this one will. Good luck with it. Here are the questions I see all the time.

2. Can I play online with these codes?

Once again, Yes and no. If you and your friends have the same codes then you can play online together. A few codes aren't usable online and cause freezes. The biggest one that is UNUSABLE online is the music hack. If you want to play online with a music hack then it is best to change all the music back?

If you are versing a friend online who doesn't have a hacked Wii are no codes usuable?

I plan on hacking my Wii sometime in the near future so I'm trying to figure things out as much as possible.

The main thing I'm interested in is "Infinite Replay"and "No Tripping", do these not work at all online? With anyone or with friends.

Edit: Lol at old post

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Infinite replay can be used regardless of whether you're playing with someone with hacks or not. However, no tripping will stop tripping on your wii, but not on the unhacked wiis, so whenever a trip would occur, you would get a desync.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Infinite replay can be used regardless of whether you're playing with someone with hacks or not. However, no tripping will stop tripping on your wii, but not on the unhacked wiis, so whenever a trip would occur, you would get a desync.
^.^ Thats awesome, thanks!

I have another question concerning Brawl+: Is there a way to "download" Brawl+ without the change in game speed and gravity?

Basically I would like to play Brawl+, but I do not like the idea of the overall speed and gravity being changed.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Hmm...the only few things I can think of are:

~Taunt Canceling (Mostly for fun)

~FF on projectile Specials (something I think you guys are still working on. I'm guessing it should only affect B and <B> moves)

~The ability to chose who you switch to when using PT (Someone mentioned using the L/R to cycle, and no autoswap otherwise)

~CC'ing affects KB...*shot* (Maybe it shouldnt affect strong moves, and hopefully, be disabled for crawling)

~Making Water Gun/F.L.U.D.D a bit better (I still dont see them as very useful outside of Team Battles, and even then...)

I think thats about it...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
^.^ Thats awesome, thanks!

I have another question concerning Brawl+: Is there a way to "download" Brawl+ without the change in game speed and gravity?

Basically I would like to play Brawl+, but I do not like the idea of the overall speed and gravity being changed.
You can edit the codeset to play however you like. However, just know that it won't be what everyone else is using, as such you won't be able to play your version except in your own small circle.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You can edit the codeset to play however you like. However, just know that it won't be what everyone else is using, as such you won't be able to play your version except in your own small circle.
Thanks again!

Sorry for all the questions, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this since it's an entire new concept for me ^.^

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Just out of curiousity, have you tried Brawl+ yet? You may end up really liking it, but to each his own.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Just out of curiousity, have you tried Brawl+ yet? You may end up really liking it, but to each his own.
I assume you are talking to me right?

I have not tried it yet, and thats mainly why I am asking a ton of questions. I don't know when I will hack my Wii but I plan on doing it soon ^.^

Judging on YouTube videos Brawl+ looks pretty fun, I don't know if my friends think the same, but, I definantly want to try it especially since you can change codes around.

Is Brawl+ able to save relplays? Wouldn't look like a normal match since replays are only a record of what buttons you pressed?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I know you guys have said you can't put Roy into Brawl+, but I ask why not? He IS a clone of Marth. Since you can alter properties of characters, can't you merely do a texture hack of Marth, make him heavier, slower, remove some hits from Dancing Blade and make it all red, no different colors, add Ike's fire property, move Marth's sweetspot from the tip to the center, and add the same property that allows Mario and Squirtle's Up B's trajectory to be controlled slightly? I know it'd take some time, but isn't the above possible?

Oh, and can you give Kirby a wall jump, since Ninja Kirby can stick to walls? Or make Extremespeed do minor damage (if to do that, his auto-sweetspot compensates, then forget this request)?

In fact, by mixing properties and doing some texture hacks, can't you create or return any character to the game that you want?

OH! Biggest request: change how Final Smashes are performed to fit a competitive scene. Maybe by combos, or only when you have one stock left. You can even balance the Final Smashes so Sonic's isn't so crazy powerful. Or boost them for lower tier chars and weaken them for the higher tiers.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Roy: Editing hitboxes is not an easy thing to do, and at the moment, it cannot be done. Also, editing upB would be very very tricky, I would imagine. The rest of that can be done either with texture hacks or existing codes. But the problem is... how would you select this character? We would be making the changes to marth. Maybe it would be possible to tie the codes to a specific costume, but... why? It's a lot of extra work for something that does not relate directly to our project. If you want to make a roy out of texture hacks and various other codes, feel free to, but we won't be making this a part of brawl+.

Kirby: I was about to say there's no animation for it, but then I remembered that all characters have a walljump tech animation that we could use. Still... no. By all accounts I've seen, kirby doesn't need to be buffed, especially when his recovery is already quite good.

Lucario: You're talking about adding a hitbox to a move where there wasn't one to begin with. I don't know if this will ever be possible, and considering how lucario is already as good as he is, I don't see why we would give him a buff.

Final Smashes: No.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Alright then. I figured Roy would be hard... I also figured Kirby's recovery is already really good, so... And Lucario, well, I'm good with him having auto-sweetspotting ledges. Tell me though, is this because of his Aura? Or is there another reason entirely you kept it?

As for Final Smashes... why not? If you could make them fit a competitive scene, why wouldn't you? On another note, for Jack Kieser's ISP, if it reaches Brawl+, could you change where items spawn so it's in the center?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
make him heavier, slower, remove some hits from Dancing Blade and make it all red, no different colors,
lolwut? In Melee, Roy's lighter than marth, moves faster than marth, and has exactly the same number of hits (and animations) for dancing blade, and does have different colors.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, yah got me on the different colors, but I mean Marth was floatier and I DO believe he was slower as well...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
We kept lucario's auto sweetspot for two reasons:

1) His recovery would suck horribly horribly bad if we screwed with it
2) We couldn't change it even if we wanted to; it's write-protected

For final smashes, there is simply no way to logically and fairly incorporate them into the game. It would also take many many more lines of code, so we couldn't include it right now even we wanted to. There is a huge disparity in the power of final smashes, and although I know you said that we could balance them with other codes... why bother? It would take a huge amount of extra work and balancing, especially considering that it's adding a whole new mechanic to the game. It just isn't within the scope of this project to incorporate final smashes into the gameplay.

For the item standard play thing... if the hackers make a code for them, then that's great. But again, it's not within the scope of our project, so it's not something that we're going to be working on actively incorporating. If a code gets made for this, it would be solely for the purpose of ISP, and not related to brawl+ in any way.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Oh! Question: What have you done specifically concerning the Pokemon Trainer? Samus?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Currently, PT has been split into his three component pokemon by removing the auto-switch mechanic and removing stamina (you can still switch by using downB). We want to get a code that will enable a player to choose whether they want to play as the component pokemon or as the whole PT, but we don't have it just yet.

Samus was given less lag on her missiles, although that is all we've done to her at this time.

Both have received custom physics mods just like the rest of the cast.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
About Samus, are you considering increasing her running speed slightly in homage to her Speed Booster? I hear she is the worst in Brawl+ since lagless aerial landings were a bit of a specialty of hers.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I now have another question about Brawl+:

When I load the first file and I go backwards it sends me to the black screen with an error code at the bottom. On the homebrew FAQ it said to re-format my SD which I did through the directions the site linked too. Same thing happend when I tried to load it again.

When I try to load the second file, I go backwards and it just freezes on the spot. No black screen or anything...

EDIT: Sorry, I never actually asked anything lolz

Do I need to buy/borrow a new SD card for this to work? Is there a chance I messed something up along the line?

Revven

FrankerZ
I now have another question about Brawl+:

When I load the first file and I go backwards it sends me to the black screen with an error code at the bottom. On the homebrew FAQ it said to re-format my SD which I did through the directions the site linked too. Same thing happend when I tried to load it again.

When I try to load the second file, I go backwards and it just freezes on the spot. No black screen or anything...

EDIT: Sorry, I never actually asked anything lolz

Do I need to buy/borrow a new SD card for this to work? Is there a chance I messed something up along the line?
Yes, get a new SD Card.

Revven

FrankerZ
My SD is 256 MB, and if I remember correctly that is the minimum amount.

Is there another way to format my SD through the website homebrew suggested?

(http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/)
You can format it with your computer, that may work as well. However, with every time someone that gets errors there's two things that you need to do.

1. Redownload the software required for the installation (hbc.hackmii.com/download)
2. If redownloading them and putting them where they belong again DOES NOT fix the problem, it is the SD Card.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You can format it with your computer, that may work as well. However, with every time someone that gets errors there's two things that you need to do.

1. Redownload the software required for the installation (hbc.hackmii.com/download)
2. If redownloading them and putting them where they belong again DOES NOT fix the problem, it is the SD Card.
Yeah... still doesn't work -_-

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
does the game measure velocity/height of characters? If so, would it be possible to make either of them effect damage/knockback of moves?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I have a code to request. Fix SDs.

Have it so that when you land on the ground, the ID of who hit you last resets back to zero. So when you land, and then SD, it counts as an actual SD and not a KO for the person who hit you 1sec - 5 mins ago. :/

**** bugged me from DAY ONE.

Top Bottom