• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Steelia

Smash Champion
All right.
I'm completely new to the Brawl+ scene.

Just curious as to what codes are recommended for usage for Brawl+. There are quite a number of them, so I have no idea what to go with and/or what to activate.

Thanks.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
Ive been using the default settings and it feels good enough to me.

since my homebrew and gecko and brawl+ are working with 3.4u, if i update to 4.0 will it stop working?
if i copy homebrew (or gecko channel) to my sd card and then copy it to another wii will it work on that wii?
I have another question: is it possible to rewind/fast forward in replays?

Almas

Smash Lord
SD Codes are one-time loaded when the game starts. Textures must be loaded each time from the SD card. So by removing the SD card after the game has booted, codes will be active but no textures will be swapped.

XACE-K

Smash Master
SD Codes are one-time loaded when the game starts. Textures must be loaded each time from the SD card. So by removing the SD card after the game has booted, codes will be active but no textures will be swapped.
Ah...I see now. Thanks for answering my questions Almas & cookieM0Nster.

-Real-

Smash Rookie
Hacks online

I just got HBC and I've been using the Inf. replay code online. It was working for awhile now whenever I try to join someone's room it makes a buzzing sound and freezes. Now I have a big problem, it freezes even when I don't launch my game from the HBC. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really need to know.

Edit: I forgot it works SOMETIMES but usually it dosen't.

PLEASE HELP D:

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
hey, i used to live near bellevue (im from seattle). does anyone know the answer to my question?

Bigman2491

Smash Rookie
Is there really a hack that you can have infinate colors?
I don't know if this is what your looking for as I've never used it but...

Code:
Pick Any Color You Want [Igglyboo]
0469A2B4 60000000
0469A3C4 60000000
04696FD4 60000000
04684E84 60000000

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
All right.
I'm completely new to the Brawl+ scene.

Just curious as to what codes are recommended for usage for Brawl+. There are quite a number of them, so I have no idea what to go with and/or what to activate.

Thanks.
everything in the .txt file provided. Yes, everything.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I've just downloaded the Central Highway stage (Falcon's stage edit) and there's that brstm file, where do I put it? It's for music, right? I'm too much in a hurry to look it up. Gotta prepare to go to bed. Hope somebody's going to answer a.s.a.p. Thanks.

LSDX

Wah!
Can somebody give me some info on how to edit the backgrounds of custom stages, I know it requires PAC's and Stash v1.0, but I'm lost from there. Help anyone?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
*looks around.. gets really confused* :confused:

I have a straight up never hacked before Wii. I need to know what all I need to download.
*note* I have downloaded some stuff but it's not working.

Basically treat me like a child and give me step by step on what I need to do.

thanks

rekrapadept

Smash Rookie
*looks around.. gets really confused* :confused:

I have a straight up never hacked before Wii. I need to know what all I need to download.
*note* I have downloaded some stuff but it's not working.

Basically treat me like a child and give me step by step on what I need to do.

thanks
I would recommend the BannerBomb and BootMii Combo.

Go to http://www.google.com. If you need more help keep asking questions and i'll do my best to answer.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
can somebody please give me the original wii easy menu hack folder. I already have ExtractNow to extract it once I get the original one. Everytime I try to redownload, it gives a corrupted "boot.dol" file.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If what you're looking for contains the homebrew channel installer (which iirc, it does) we can't link to that here.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is what your looking for as I've never used it but...

Code:
Pick Any Color You Want [Igglyboo]
0469A2B4 60000000
0469A3C4 60000000
04696FD4 60000000
04684E84 60000000
I'd like to ask, anybody has used it? Does it work?

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
since my questions weren't answered im gonna re-ask them with a new one.

since my homebrew, gecko and brawl+ are working with 3.4u, if i update to 4.0 will it stop working?
if i copy homebrew (or gecko channel) to my sd card and then copy it to another wii will it work on that wii? is it possible to rewind/fast forward in replays?

where/how do you make/insert graphs like this (unless there already is one for brawl +)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226315

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ok so i have run into a problem that kinda just popped up out of the blue.

so when i try to run Gecko OS 1.07b on my wii, the backround graphic pops up without a menu, and the icon of the gecko at the bottom left hand corner is colored green instead of grey.

btw i did not upgrade my wii or anything of the sort.

Almas

Smash Lord
Remove the memory card from your Wii, or update to a newer version of GeckoOS.

Cytrs, there is a way to safely update your Wii on the internet.

It is unlikely that there is a way to play replays at any speed other than what is currently available.

The graph was probably made in a very dull way. PM the creator of it, I'm sure they'll give you advice.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Remove the memory card from your Wii, or update to a newer version of GeckoOS.

Cytrs, there is a way to safely update your Wii on the internet.

It is unlikely that there is a way to play replays at any speed other than what is currently available.

The graph was probably made in a very dull way. PM the creator of it, I'm sure they'll give you advice.
wow....i cant believe it was something that simple that kept my gecko from working... i feel like an idiot

*slaps a ⑨ on his forehead*

/touhou reference'd

LSDX

Wah!
Can somebody give me some info on how to edit the backgrounds of custom stages, I know it requires PAC's and Stash v1.0, but I'm lost from there. Help anyone?

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Hey, got a big problem. The RSBE01.gct file for the nightly builds is suddenly telling me it's write protected and I can't delete it, move it, or even format my SD card because of it. Has anyone else had this problem, and how do you fix it?

EDIT:
NEVERMIND! Fixed the problem. Kids, remember to read the instruction manuals when using equipment you know nothing about. ~__^

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I have the frame by frame hack working but a have some questions for the people who have done this before.

Im getting Samus frame data.

1. What is the best way to gather the data. Press A then press start, then press Z to count the frames? Do i need to go to 1/4th speed?

2. How do i know when to start counting frames? Is it the MOMENT samus starts to change from standing position?

3. You guys make a thread on this sort of thing? Frame data CHANGED the way melee was played and it will do the same for brawl.

TO ALL: thanks fo rhelping me, it really means alot.

Almas

Smash Lord
I believe people count the first frame after the buttons are pressed as the first frame of the animation. Either way, the important thing is that you detail it.

Play at normal speed.

Frame data is located in character specific boards. Why would we post it here, where we are often changing said data?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I have the frame by frame hack working but a have some questions for the people who have done this before.

Im getting Samus frame data.

1. What is the best way to gather the data. Press A then press start, then press Z to count the frames? Do i need to go to 1/4th speed?
Normal speed. Using a modified speed adds/ removes interpolated frames from the animation. I recommend pressing start, then inputting your commands so you have an exact starting frame.

2. How do i know when to start counting frames? Is it the MOMENT samus starts to change from standing position?
Well, this one's pretty basic, once you debug pause the game, hold your inputs and advance the frame. That frame after you held the inputs for is the first frame of the action (assuming you did it from neutral position). You can tell endings by buffering a shield, or using a double jump for aerials (alternate frames pressing x/up).

3. You guys make a thread on this sort of thing? Frame data CHANGED the way melee was played and it will do the same for brawl.

TO ALL: thanks fo rhelping me, it really means alot.
Yeah, it's called the smash lab.

Top Bottom