• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frown

poekmon
Concerning Jiggs: I think she was considered bottom tier after the release of Melee, but she ended up middle.

(I don't know for sure how bad she is, she is my second least played character after Sonic.)

M.K

Level 55
Luigi is fantastic! I love to play as him, and it is surprising how many of his moves have priority over the enemy!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Ganon is not worst in the game. He's a total brick ****house.
I don't really wanna say it, but my worst in game award goes to either Samus or Falcon.
Falcon ;_; <3

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
For Yoshi mains trying to get him out of bottom, I give this reasoning.

1st, tournament results. He's not last, but ****, he's only beating characters that we believe are as bad as him, and not by much either. Essentially, all he's proving is that he's as bad as the people commonly place him with ie. Falcon/Ganon etc.

2nd, Matchups. Not many of them are favorable, and the ones that Yoshi mains claim are advantageous to him, are very debatable. Thus, those findings are frankly bogus unless you have results to back them up. So far we haven't seen that.

So... essentially you have a character that is all theory right now. Its hard to argue theory, because theory is fallible, while results aren't. A tier list is designed to allow player to recognize what characters they need to prepare for in the current metagame. In this current metagame, Yoshi has proven to be nothing more than suckage along with Ganon, Falcon, etc.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wow, Yoshi mains are that crazed about having Yoshi "top tier?" Yoshi is nigh trash. Doesn't deserve it.
Hmmm.... I wonder who's the worst type of person on this board. Us Yoshi's defending our character, People who come in here who rant about how Yoshi is garbage but have no Idea what they're talking about, the people who make the same basic Tier List over and over again with minor changes, the people who have no idea how to make a Tier List, the grammar nazi's, The people who come in here and talk about WoW and make this topic even more off-topic, off-topic people in general, or this guy above who think that we're crazy enough to want Yoshi in the ranks of Snake and MetaKnight, when in reality we just want him in Upper Low Tier/Bottom Mid Tier?

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like many of the placements of Chaofan's Characters, but he really did one awesome thing. He actually GAVE REASONS on why he placed everything. Some of the commentary wasn't very good, but it's obvious he's not a mindless ****** that bows at the whims of what others are posting (Not to say that what others are posting is bad, It's just nice to know he wouldn't jump off a cliff if someone told him too).

Can we please have a few more tier lists in this style? By style, I don't mean putting characters in a fashion simular to his, I mean REASONS WHY EVERYBODY IS EVERYWHERE.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hmmm.... I wonder who's the worst type of person on this board. Us Yoshi's defending our character, People who come in here who rant about how Yoshi is garbage but have no Idea what they're talking about
What about the people who rant about how bad Yoshi is, doesn't play as him, AND know what they are talking about?
the people who make the same basic Tier List over and over again with minor changes, the people who have no idea how to make a Tier List, the grammar nazi's,
What? Did you say something?
The people who come in here and talk about WoW and make this topic even more off-topic, off-topic people in general, or this guy above who think that we're crazy enough to want Yoshi in the ranks of Snake and MetaKnight, when in reality we just want him in Upper Low Tier/Bottom Mid Tier?
Ok, I'll make a compromise with you. How about instead of Bottom Middle Tier we put him in Middle Bottom Tier? It's like the same thing right?

Mmac

Smash Lord
What about the people who rant about how bad Yoshi is, doesn't play as him, AND know what they are talking about?
You mean You? who didn't even know that he could Airdodge during his 2nd Jump? Nor knew anything about his Pivot's Grabs?

Ok, I'll make a compromise with you. How about instead of Bottom Middle Tier we put him in Middle Bottom Tier? It's like the same thing right?
I c wat u did thar.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings

What? Did you say something?

for someone who's been here since 06',you really dont know too much >_>
FishkeeperTimmay made the olny useful point about yoshi,in all honesty,yoshi can stay bottom for now,and then when yoshi mains and nub haters make solid facts about him that arent so blantant,whose gonna say theyre wrong.

tl;dr moar progress is needed to proof.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Awesome, I'm glad you know that I don't know too much... about what? what are you talking about? Are you just randomly trolling? Is this about Yoshi? Is this about anything? Why are you posting in Orange?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
for someone who's been here since 06',you really dont know too much >_>
FishkeeperTimmay made the olny useful point about yoshi,in all honesty,yoshi can stay bottom for now,and then when yoshi mains and nub haters make solid facts about him that arent so blantant,whose gonna say theyre wrong.

tl;dr moar progress is needed to proof.
W00T for people understanding my points! xD

I understand the underdog, I was a Link main in Melee. I know how hard it can be to make people understand that your character is not trash. However, Link mains just proved his traits instead of talking about them, and thus we were able to get Link to be recognized as viable, even if his tier ranking sucked.

I feel that Yoshi mains need to do the same. If you kick butt at tournaments, and PROVE that Yoshi is viable (or at least MORE viable then say, Falcon?) then the community will take you seriously.

C'mon guys... its possible... it just takes awhile. ^^

gantrain05

Smash Master
im going to ignore the mass of yoshi fanboys in here because this has gotten out of hand,

soo... is there anything else to discuss other than how yoshi should be god/tier because he's totally awesome and has a pivot grab? or should i just go lurk somewhere else?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Gantrain the fact you keep seeing god tier when most of the yoshi mainers arguing have said lower mid tier really shows you need glasses.

Since when did we start disrespecting people when they wanted their character to be in lower mid?

Marty

Smash Apprentice
Gantrain the fact you keep seeing god tier when most of the yoshi mainers arguing have said lower mid tier really shows you need glasses.

Since when did we start disrespecting people when they wanted their character to be in lower mid?
Don't try to understand. It will surely lead to madness.

gantrain The Fact You Keep Seeing God Tier When Most Of The Yoshi Mainers Arguing Have Said Lower Mid Tier Really Shows You Need Glasses.

Since When Did We Start Disrespecting People When They Wanted Their Character To Be In Lower Mid?
Imma Firin Ma Lazar

..……………………….„~"¯¯¯”~„
.……………………..„”. (_). . . . .\
.……………………..|. . . . . . . . .|
.………………„-~^”¯”-„. . . . . . .„”
.……………„-”::::::::::::”~-----~^„………………_¸„„„_
.………….„”:::::::„^””””””~„:::::::::”-„…………„-“. . . . .”-„
.………..„”:::::::„”. . . . . . .”~„:::::::”~„…….|. . . . . (_).\
.………„”:::::::„”. . . „--~~--„_.”-„::::::::¯”~-„„\. . . . . . . „”
.……../::::::::/. .¯„-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”^-„”~„::::::::::::”~„„„„„„-~”
.……/::::::::/. “„-”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;¯"-„”~---„„„„_:::::::”„
.…../:::::::/.„-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-„. . . .”):::::::'|
…./:::::::/”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”. . . „”:::::::„”
.../:::::::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„-“¯._'. „”::::::„”
.ƒ:::::::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;(“. . . „”:::::::„”
'|:::::::ƒ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;¯**"„”::::::„”
|:::::::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”:::::::„”
|:::::::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”:::::::„”
|:::::::|„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”:::::::„”
|:::::::|.\__;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„”::::::„”
|:::::::|¯”\:;¯”^-„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'„”:::::':„” Shoop Da Woop
'|:::::::|-„.\:;:;:;:”-„;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ƒ:::::::„”
.|:::::::|. . \:;:;:;:;:”„;¸„¸;;;;;;;;;„~~|::::::„”
.'|:::::::\. . \:;:;:;:;:;:\;|:;”-„;;;;;\. . |:::::'{
..“„:::::::”~„”-„:;:;:;:;:”:;:;:;:”„;;'|. .’|::::::\
.…”~„:::::::¯”~„~--„:;:;:;:;:;|;;ƒ. .'|:::::::|
.'……..”~„::::::::¯”^~-„~-„_|;;/_. ƒ::::::'|
…………..”~-„_::::::::¯¯””~'¯-~”::::::'ƒ
.…………….…¯”~-„_:::::::::::::::::„-”
………………………..¯””^~~~~^”

Edit:lol hai ShadowLink

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Awesome, I'm glad you know that I don't know too much... about what? what are you talking about? Are you just randomly trolling? Is this about Yoshi? Is this about anything? Why are you posting in Orange?
i shouldnt feed the real troll but,um....your eyes are broken,it was ovbious who the post was about,and i always post in orange

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I leave for a few hours and this place goes CRAZY. Someone has to be bottom tier. My vote goes to Jiggs because of her light weight. I don't hate Yoshi, I just hate the Yoshi mains that post in this thread because they don't understand how tiers are made.

Yoshi is only doing as well as he(?) is because most people don't get a lot of experience dealing with Yoshis.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
So... what's the reason most people place Peach Low Tier?

I know she can rack damage with a lot of kinds of combos with her down air and forward-tilt. Her recovery is good. She can gimp easily. All her aerials can be auto-canceled. She can float, giving her an odd place in the air where the opponent might have trouble getting to. She has a versatile projectile...

But she is light.

gantrain05

Smash Master
So... what's the reason most people place Peach Low Tier?

I know she can rack damage with a lot of kinds of combos with her down air and forward-tilt. Her recovery is good. She can gimp easily. All her aerials can be auto-canceled. She can float, giving her an odd place in the air where the opponent might have trouble getting to. She has a versatile projectile...

But she is light.
you know, i've been trying to figure the same thing out, i main peach, and i really don't see any reason she shouldn't be mid tier at least, a smart peach players knows this is true, and what horrible matchups does she really have? i can't really think of any besides maybe R.O.B. is the only one i have trouble with anyways.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah I agree with Jiggs being light and all but man, I've gotten my *** kicked quite a few times by AgentAO's Jiggs. Maybe I suck, or he just plays a mean Jiggs. I think its the latter. I only beat him with MK. I suck so bad that I can't beat Jiggs with Link. :(

But on topic, Jiggs shouldn't be bottom. Maybe low tier. MAYBE! And when are all characters that are light bottom tier?

Just a thought...

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
Someone has to be bottom tier and I still think Jiggs is. I'm not saying she cannot be played well, any character can be. It just takes much more skill.

I am willing to change my opinion if someone can give me some reasons as to why she may be good.

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree with Jiggs being light and all but man, I've gotten my *** kicked quite a few times by AgentAO's Jiggs. Maybe I suck, or he just plays a mean Jiggs. I think its the latter. I only beat him with MK. I suck so bad that I can't beat Jiggs with Link. :(

But on topic, Jiggs shouldn't be bottom. Maybe low tier. MAYBE! And when are all characters that are light bottom tier?

Just a thought...
I remember that. 14 matches in a row, winning as Jiggs, right? Yeah, Jigglypuff does have some good points, her air game is good, though highly out-shadowed. Problem is, she doesn't have much to make up for the rest. She's definitely VERY low, most likely bottom. Though don't take my word much, I tend to play Sonic all the time, Jiggs only when I feel like it.

I just love playing Jiggs because its fun to beat people as a girly pink ball.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
For whatever reason, I'm going to take a crack at a tier list, with my somewhat limited knowledge of the current metagame. I'll try to expand any questionable placings the best I can.

"Top" Tier (S)
Metaknight (infinite Capewarping ftl)
Snake
Marth

"High" Tier (A)
Mister Game and Watch
R.O.B.
Captain Olimar
Falco
Toon Link
King DeDeDe
Wario
Pit

"Upper" Tier (B)
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Peach (Combos combos combos)
Donkey Kong (reconsidering; my knowledge on his tournament results is lacking)
Zero Suit Samus
Fox

"Middle" Tier (C)
Zelda
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Luigi
Sheik
Mario

"Low" Tier (D)
Lucario (Probably way off.)
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Ness (personal bias shouldn't be in tier lists, I know, but he seems a lot less hit-and-run, more chain oriented, and has better options with shield pressure than Lucas)
Lucas
Jigglypuff
Sonic (Meh, tourney results seem better than character impressions at the time)

"Bottom" Tier (F)
Bowser
Link (sluggish, horrible recovery, heavy reliance on Zair)
Samus (Like Link, but with less KO options. Better recovery at least)
Yoshi (Come on, he is NOT very bottom)
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Wow, I suck a making tier lists D:

exidid

Smash Journeyman
At least he didn't put Sonic at the top XD

Not horrible tier list in my opinion (maybe I'm just saying this because he put Peach at high tier :p)

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
You play ivysaur, yoshi is better than ivysaur.

/balls.
Welcome to the thread. If you had read any of this thread, you would know I was being sarcastic. Also, /balls would mean "end balls" or "close balls" because you put "/" before something when typing code to close a command in text.

Corigames

Smash Hero
i shouldnt feed the real troll but,um....your eyes are broken,it was ovbious who the post was about,and i always post in orange
So you didn't answer my question, you insult me, and you post in a different color just to gain attention...

I'm the troll?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, I like the people that think yoshi has a shoddy recovery. I can't remember the last time anyone gimped me when I'm yoshi (they usually have to kill off the top) and I'm sure none of you can remember the last time you guys gimped a yoshi (probably never even played one that wasn't 8 years old, your younger brother, or sister)

and yes, i might be what you'd call a fanboy since I use yoshi in every game he's available in. But yeah everyone should play at least a half way decent player for every character, I haven't played a good Ice climber, samus, or bowser. But i know they're out there and don't judge on the noobs that go to tournies using them.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Alright, that's it, time to break it up!

All characters are now bottom tier and you can't do anything about it. Just quit the game because no one is better and no one is worth because they're all on the same line as each other, not one on top of another, or below another. GG, argument over.

/life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom