• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
That's not fair. Ivy is considered to be one of the worst characters in the game, and I'm sure that you would defend it, as would the Yoshi board with with Yoshi.
I've already accepted that most players don't respect Ivy. I will still play her as long as it's fun.

I just don't support the Yoshi argument.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I've already accepted that most players don't respect Ivy. I will still play her as long as it's fun.

I just don't support the Yoshi argument.
Still, I bet the Yoshi boards; or at least a some members; think the same about Yoshi.

I love Ivy, and think she is defensive as hell, and can rack up damage safely that way - but there is no point in arguing about Ivy, because no one cares, there is nothing going on about her, and will be disregarded by people like you (no offense). So it would be a waste of time typing it up..

Like this.... and that...and that.... and that....................and that.........and that..

Onxy

Smash Lord
Dude.. we just had a guy say that Yoshi should be bottom because he has no third jump; and that wasn't the only stupid thing I've read in this topic. Also, it starts getting personal because people just can't help insulting others. So yeah, basically.

Onxy

Smash Lord
He will be if he never gets any decent TOURNEY RESULTS!!!....... -_-

I thought people would like to use someone as unique as he is, but I was clearly wrong.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I want to enter too, but I'm far too unskilled to make a difference. I've seen what people can do, and I'm not ready to fight against them.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Lets make another green page.

Charizard is underrated in Gamefaqs board, Ivy on this, and Squirtle in the PT board. Funny eh?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's because it's populated by Ivysaurs, Luigis, and Yoshis.
I guess I ruined it with my blue ZSS, yellow Kirby, blue Jigglypuff, and blue Snake. Weeeeee... (no i don't like blue)

I personally think that Kirby needs to be put in a higher tier than "middle". I've been to a couple of tourneys, and I've seen some pretty wild kirbys here and there (sure, none of em have kirby-isolated advanced techniques like Snake's mortar slide, or speedy yet %-inflicting attacks like MK's sword). I've been the only ZSS so far to participate in tourneys in PR as far as I've seen, so I can safely say that a rank of mid/top mid would be OK... No one dares to use jigglypuff in case they lose because they thought they could, even though that in friendlies with tourney rules, she can kick some serious ***, but her rest got dumbed down too much to make it a KO move like Mango used to do back in Melee, so I'd rank her mid to bottom (not lowest)... And now Snake... I'll leave that one to you guys, since usually the top competitors in the tourneys I've been to end up being Snakes, Kirbys, D3s or MKs.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Cactuar is pretty green >.>'

Also
Charizard> Squirtle > Ivysaur?

I think Charizard > Ivysaur > Squirtle.

Squirtle's limited range, low knockback attacks are disturbing.

Squirtle is also affected by the whole chain grabbing nonsense that near half the cast can do, and Squirtle has no good spacing options, unlike Ivy.

Corigames

Smash Hero
AWW man. I see that I leave for about half a day and there was so much **** revolving around me and just me. **** it. So many Yoshi people hating on me, people not knowing if I'm a girl or boy, people thinking I'm a conformist, people saying that tiers blow, etc.

Jesus. I stay up around the clock and sleep in for 1 day and I miss everything. That blows. And yes, Yoshi still sucks no matter how many people try to stop me from saying it. Belittling me over the internet... lol. Like that means anything.

gantrain05

Smash Master
gantrain05 is ovbiously a troll adding nothing to this topic,also i dont really care for WoW(feel free to chop my head off)
lol, this topic is over, yoshi isn't going to move above low tier, he does'nt have the matchups, or the tourney results going for him right now at all, how can u argue a characters tier placement if he is unranked and never has won a tourney?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Why is there no discussion now. I mean, come on, it's almost 9 am here and there is no discussion? For shame smash.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Lol, Yoshi is so unloved.. Didn't the backroom forget to place him once in a Melee tier list?

Adapt

Smash Lord
you came along corey, so everyone left :p

I have lost what little faith I had in this thread... ppl are either upset about one single character's placement or posting the most ridiculous lists imaginable. This should have been closed after Xiivi made his post. That should have ended all discussion right there.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
No one dares to use jigglypuff in case they lose because they thought they could, even though that in friendlies with tourney rules, she can kick some serious ***, but her rest got dumbed down too much to make it a KO move like Mango used to do back in Melee, so I'd rank her mid to bottom (not lowest)...
If your rest is not a KO move, you're doing it wrong... Just learn your percentages, -10 because of dair, and you get something which kills at 50-70% with little start-up lag. Or punish lag and you have something which kills at 60-80% with no start-up lag, and that's on the ground.
Just because it got nerfed doesn't mean it's no longer a viable move, especially since stuff lives way too long anyways.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
lol, this topic is over, yoshi isn't going to move above low tier, he does'nt have the matchups, or the tourney results going for him right now at all, how can u argue a characters tier placement if he is unranked and never has won a tourney?
Yoshi has tourney results and the matchups. Don't use the outdated matchup chart here, and you can go see the tourney results. Yoshi has moved up above a few. His tourney rankings are still pretty bad, but hey, at least he's not last

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Nope. Yoshi has bad tourney results. He placed high in a few tourneys, but I think that's it. Here's what the ranking thread says:

Yoshi (5 top8, 1 top4) - 5.71875 - 36

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nope. Yoshi has bad tourney results. He placed high in a few tourneys, but I think that's it. Here's what the ranking thread says:

But we're working on fixing those results.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice

But isn't that just one guy? Playing the same people over and over?

If so, it doesn't really mean that much...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yoshi is the ret/prot paladin of SSBB

World of Warcraft that is

and I only have a prot pally and Yoshi to
Shows how much you know about WoW; Prot paladins are pretty much required for some fights and for the entirety of MH. Ret pallies are always useful to have around.

Yoshi isn't.

Once again, Yoshi mains, his tier position doesn't matter. Just go out and play with him. What the rest of us think about Yoshi shouldn't matter to you; or are you guys looking for justification to play him?

The tier list won't change how good Yoshi does or is; it's arbitrary. If you want to play Yoshi, play Yoshi. If you're looking for justification here, you're not going to get it.

EDIT: The rankings list is a compilement of tourney results. Most of the data does not include Ankoku.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
For all your bravado, Sudsy, you're still acting like a narrow-minded prick. You might as well be the pot calling the kettle black here because you aren't being much better than Coreygames.

And keep conformity/non-conformity out of this, mmkay? It sounds to me like you're still in High School and have clique issues. Admittedly not many people are being too objective here, but that's not the point. Vie for your character and try to persuade people.

Smooth Criminal
Narrow-minded? How so. I've thought about these things over and over, with the same behavior time after time.

I just finished high school, but clique issues? Lol. You couldn't do enough to convince me socializing itself realistically does enough for me to prioritize it remotely high.

How am I not much better? I can see how intuitively ( as in, not actually considering the validity of what I said with my specific word combination) I'm out of line, but I haven't heard any valid argument for why I'm wrong, other than " No. Just not, idiot." or " You're just wrong. Mkay?"--you know, arguments that come from mentally incapable people.

As far as people can explain, I AM right. Besides, I provided a lot of inferential support ( it's subjective, after all) for most my claims [about females].

Corey just ad hominem'd Jump Man and criticized him for not having thoughts others think are true. I'm just the opposite; I provided some examples people should consider.

I'm a prick, eh? That's a first for me.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
one reason that I dislike this discussion is the bias people present by their own mains
And I because of the ignorance people ( not like you or anything) present when not critically responding to our PERSISTENT explanations of how and why he's good. Hey--maybe you have better inference than we do--just explain it and I promise you if you do a good job we will change our beliefs.

( well, I'm only a causal Yoshier, but I know both sides quite well, I think.)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Oh yeah.

Where the hell is my PROOF?!? oh wait, you don't have any

Then where the hell is my MONEY?!?

And he has been ranked and we've been working on his matchup's, arrogant fool.

Also Ivysaurs are cool, but I don't like the other two at all...

If only I could just only use Ivysaur :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom