• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigman40

Smash Master
Kiwi and Burntsocks are like the only reasonable Yoshi users on this thread.
This post = fail. Make better claims than some bull****.

EDIT: and to the nubs who want to argue about yoshi being in bottom tier. State your claims or shut up. No one wants to hear, "he stinks", "he's different", blah, blah, blah. You can go jump off a bridge with stupid claims like that. That's the reason why I stopped talking in this thread (lurking FTW). It's too many idoits who can't make a decent debate about why this or that should be here or there.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
You two are doing it wrong. Please read my guide more carefully next time. Note how you guys aren't getting ATTENTION! Your goal is to get ATTENTION! No one is flaming you yet. Obviously your lists are inherently flawed to the point people are just going to ignore them. You don't want that! Don't try to overrate/underrate too many characters.
Says the boy whose posts recently consist of more ad hominem than anything based off reasonable observational inference--more importantly on SUBJECTIVE matter. Please, keep saying our lists are INHERENTLY flawed. How about this, logically-naive guy ( :chuckle:-- pats self on back*): explain how three-four characters are necessarily over/underrated. Of course, you could keep going with the flow and convincing yourself you know your rear end from a hole in the ground because a mob of conformists--excuse me, the "majority"--say so.

Either you're really a female or you're another stupid person who views high school education with a grain of salt--both people who rely on other views for support as if it increased the validity of their belief...

Teh Uber Parachuter

Smash Cadet
Says the boy whose posts recently consist of more ad hominem than anything based off reasonable observational inference--more importantly on SUBJECTIVE matter. Please, keep saying our lists are INHERENTLY flawed. How about this, logically-naive guy ( :chuckle:-- pats self on back*): explain how three-four characters are necessarily over/underrated. Of course, you could keep going with the flow and convincing yourself you know your rear end from a hole in the ground because a mob of conformists--excuse me, the "majority"--say so.

Either you're really a female or you're another stupid person who views high school education with a grain of salt--both people who rely on other views for support as if it increased the validity of their belief...
I died a little on the inside T_T

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You're saying females are stupid persons who view high school education with a grain of salt?

I really didn't get the female thing.

<is not female

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion

*insert Wario laughing victory theme clip here*

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
You're saying females are stupid persons who view high school education with a grain of salt?

I really didn't get the female thing.

<is not female
No, I'm saying they're stupid for thinking that high quantity of people, or people of supposedly qualified positions ( teachers, professors, any "professional" in something), increase the validity of their beliefs.

Any sensible person whose opinion is generally worth more than that which comes out of my rear (worms)
realize that they won't know ANYTHING until they see things for themselves and analyze from experience using OBJECTIVE logic.

This isn't important: just belittling coreygame for his awful way of thinking.

Why else are the females who read this thinking that I'm wrong? because their self-preserving-based intuition does or because no one else seems to think so. Many men at least feel the same, but their too smart to not manipulate you females into thinking otherwise. Otherwise, they don't get to be with that which they feel attracted to because females take everything personally( through exclusively figuring out what people mean by tone, REGARDLESS of precise word choice) and would ***** their will at them if someone said something socially negative about them. ( boo hoo)

Of course, not all men acknowledge this; why should they? They want to see your faces, feel your body, be intimate with you, and just feel your presence. You, females, are too close-minded to be with a man who through tone detection you verify as having selfish or just simply undesirable intentions. So, what do men do? Manipulate you.
Desperate men won't EVER say anything directly horrible to females, because females will turn on their auto-pms switch they seem to have, ***** and argue like a moron, and then not give the man what they want.

Females minus physical attraction= an obvious detriment to humanity and its wellbeing, due to their adding to the revolution of being more understanding or sensitive or intuitively pleasant instead of figuring out logical implications of reality. Ever consider why there is so much emphasis on a formal education and not on logic? Females!
females are told at a young age that performing well in school makes you smart. So they do everything they can to please their teacher, succeed, are graded well, are misinformed about their intellectual prowess, continue to do so, brainwashing kids into thinking formal education will make them smart, and the cycle continues because females provoked the universal conditioning in INTUITIVE THINKING, not rational thinking. How? By forcing their way into decision-making through threatning ( not directly or explicitly, of course) to leave the desparate males.

This is only posted to support a general stance.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong. I'd love to hear how.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, I'm saying they're stupid for thinking that high quantity of people, or people of supposedly qualified positions ( teachers, professors, any "professional" in something), increase the validity of their beliefs.

Any sensible person whose opinion is generally worth more than that which comes out of my rear (worms)
realize that they won't know ANYTHING until they see things for themselves and analyze from experience using OBJECTIVE logic.

This isn't important: just belittling coreygame for his awful way of thinking.
Ah satire.... yeah that's generally begging to get flamed unless done REALLY well, and even then, often you get flamed anyway.

Best policy is at the end of the post explain that you're satirizing something, "[/sarcasm]" doesn't work because it seems like you're mocking the person you quoted.

At least then people will know that you're not an absolute idiot who actually believes what you wrote down.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ah satire.... yeah that's generally begging to get flamed unless done REALLY well, and even then, often you get flamed anyway.

Best policy is at the end of the post explain that you're satirizing something, "[/sarcasm]" doesn't work because it seems like you're mocking the person you quoted.

At least then people will know that you're not an absolute idiot who actually believes what you wrote down.
No, trust me, he was dead serious just now.

gantrain05

Smash Master
This post = fail. Make better claims than some bull****.

EDIT: and to the nubs who want to argue about yoshi being in bottom tier. State your claims or shut up. No one wants to hear, "he stinks", "he's different", blah, blah, blah. You can go jump off a bridge with stupid claims like that. That's the reason why I stopped talking in this thread (lurking FTW). It's too many idoits who can't make a decent debate about why this or that should be here or there.
well, why don't u make an argument to get him out of low tier? or better yet show some tourney results? or post a video? isntead of saying we don't justify our beliefs of yoshi being low tier, when u don't justify yours for being NOT low tier? at least we have tourney results and matchups to back us up.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace

This guy won't know unless someone explains beyond " you're an idiot".

Perhaps it's too much to ask for.

Chaco

Never Logs In
ok double post, but seriously? the "draconic reverse" kinda sounds like u are trying to make yoshi sound like some sort of badass? well no, maybe if u called it the big stupid dinosaur turn around roll fake wavedash thing maybe, but yoshi still isn't cool, and it still doesn't help out his ****ty metagame.
They tried, I mean it has uses, it's not useless...

But it's prety **** funny if you ask me. Draconic Reverse....the only AT never to be named after it's purpose. You don't even have to reverse...XD. But seriously though, let's not take his cool factor into this...cause he's *****in. XD

Mmac

Smash Lord
well, why don't u make an argument to get him out of low tier? or better yet show some tourney results? or post a video? isntead of saying we don't justify our beliefs of yoshi being low tier, when u don't justify yours for being NOT low tier? at least we have tourney results and matchups to back us up.
Um....... aren't we arguing because everyone is saying he's BOTTOM Tier? Honestly, we want him to be in at least Upper Low Tier.

And I like to see your matchup's. I'll bet you $50 that it's the chart on this part of the forum which haven't updated Yoshi's part in about.... oh..... Early May.

And Tourny Results? Oh, I guess Sheik and Link are Bottom Tier now

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You're taking my sarcasm seriously and trying to base an opinion of me on it? Fun.

Everyone please pay attention to the sexy picture in my signature of Wolf reaching into Fox's pants. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

See, I just contributed more to this thread with this point then sudsy ever has or will.
:088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088:

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
It's about time ( assuming it hasn't been done yet) we place the Yoshi-sucks on the spot and have them thoroughly elaborate.

Ok-- coreygamer, gantrain, and pretty much the majority of Smashboards, analyze the statement :

Yoshi is comparitively good.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yoshi is the biggest egg-laying dinopimp in Brawl that comes in several naturally and artificially flavored fruit flavors. Can any other character honestly make that claim?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yoshi is the biggest egg-laying dinopimp in Brawl that comes in several naturally and artificially flavored fruit flavors. Can any other character honestly make that claim?
FTFW! No they can't, and I mean bring hum=Win.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
wow, seriously, stop trying to prove yoshi is anything but suck. he doesnt have a third jump. that automatically should make him be botom tier. on top of that, the really only good thing he can do is RAR pretty well, but that only gets you so far because luckily for your opponent they also have a shield and can grab the crap out of you after your legnthy back air. yoshi will never be anything but botom tier along with gannon. i think falcon and ganon should be bumped above him just because of the fact that they both have a third jump.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
wow, seriously, stop trying to prove yoshi is anything but suck. he doesnt have a third jump. that automatically should make him be botom tier. on top of that, the really only good thing he can do is RAR pretty well, but that only gets you so far because luckily for your opponent they also have a shield and can grab the crap out of you after your legnthy back air. yoshi will never be anything but botom tier along with gannon. i think falcon and ganon should be bumped above him just because of the fact that they both have a third jump.
Not that I'm for excessive tier bumpage of Yoshi, but this whole mini-rant is pure ignorance. Using this logic, Olimar should be bottom tier as well since he can be easily edgehogged and doesn't have Yoshi's advantage of being one of the heaviest characters in the game. Clearly we all know (or should know) that Olimar is absolute and is still underrated by most people. Yoshi's second jump is one of the highest if not the highest and has SA frames, so as long as you don't attack, he'll be ok. Egg throw is actually useful in recovery because it gives you the extra bump and attack you need to ward off edgehoggers. When you argue, argue better.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
that was a very,very terrible backup,''because he dosent have a third jump''?**** dude,youve ovbiously have never played smash let alone a human played yoshi,despite not having said jump,its one of the best recoveries in the game and is hard to gimp.

how about,you go play a little more before you come with your absurd comments

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
For all your bravado, Sudsy, you're still acting like a narrow-minded prick. You might as well be the pot calling the kettle black here because you aren't being much better than Coreygames.

And keep conformity/non-conformity out of this, mmkay? It sounds to me like you're still in High School and have clique issues. Admittedly not many people are being too objective here, but that's not the point. Vie for your character and try to persuade people.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom