• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think we ar eall waiting for someone to go off... and it's not me either. I'm pulling up a chair too. Does someone want me to grab drinks before I sit down though?
Well while we're waiting, I'll take a lemonade pleeeease.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
tier list
tier list
You two are doing it wrong. Please read my guide more carefully next time. Note how you guys aren't getting ATTENTION! Your goal is to get ATTENTION! No one is flaming you yet. Obviously your lists are inherently flawed to the point people are just going to ignore them. You don't want that! Don't try to overrate/underrate too many characters. Just the ones you like the most, the ones you hate the most, and Yoshi. Really, the two most important placements on your tier list are Snake and Yoshi. If you mess either of these up, then you won't get the ATTENTION you crave!

Oh snap, this could be interesting.

*Grabs Massage Chair and 6 Pack of Beer*

....Wait a minute, why am I grabbing Beer? I'm underage

*Throws away Beer, grabs Coke*

Much better.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What a waste of a good lemonade. =(

*Walks out*

Corigames

Smash Hero
I never thought there would be a day when I would be lounging around drinking cold beverages with a bunch of 08'ers. I guess fail can bring just about everyone together.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I never thought there would be a day when I would be lounging around drinking cold beverages with a bunch of 08'ers. I guess fail can bring just about everyone together.
Ouch. That hurt. T_T

*Sips lemonade*

Corigames

Smash Hero
*sip*

**** YOSHI. He doesn't even deserve to be on any list at all.

*Throws half-full cup at Jump Man*

I'm tired of your bull ****!!!

Great, now I'm thristy again. Well, while I'm up... Anyone want anything?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
*sip*

**** YOSHI. He doesn't even deserve to be on any list at all.

*Throws half-full cup at Jump Man*

I'm tired of your bull ****!!!

Great, now I'm thristy again. Well, while I'm up... Anyone want anything?
I'd like an '06 under my name and a sandwich please.

Corigames

Smash Hero
It would be:

"Smooth Criminal and I aren't 08'ers >.>"

And, no, you aren't. yet, you are a late 07 person which means you still probably weren't very prevalent in the scene pre-Brawl. However, I have a little more respect for this group, starting off, than the 08'ers. Still, we are all sitting around having a good laugh, eh?

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Do you actually know anything about Yoshi? People just put him on the bottom for....attention >_>

God**** it that dude was right.

Anyways, should I ramble on about how Yoshi is awesome, because I doubt you'll read it.

Yoshi is mid tier, possibly on the high low tier *sips tea*

Corigames

Smash Hero
*looks at Jump Man*

>_>

*Smacks tea out of your hand*

Don't group me in with the socially afflicted attention whores. Not only have I abstained from creating a God forsaken tier list, I have also kept from chewing out a completely ignorant newcomer such as yourself. What proof could you possibly have that Yoshi is mid-tier level? he is incapable of achieving anything as represented not only by his awful move set, mechanics, and style, but by his current tournament rankings and popularity. He has absolutely nothing going for him except that he's better than the absolute trash heap that is Samus and Falcon.

There is no evidence to support your ill-knowledgeable claim. Anything that you may even think you have up your sleeve has already been disputed here time and time again under bright, hot lights and a team of strong, smart investigators such as myself. There is nothing that goes without testing and application. Nothing. Try to bring up something that hasn't been discussed. JUST TRY! I've lurked about every character board on this site, I know more **** than most people know about their own main. I've got the details, I've got all of it. Do you? Do the things running through your mind click with the other **** in the world? I doubt it.

So how about before you try to pin justice or innocence on anyone in here along with ignorance or attraction to volatile comments, how about you reflect upon the reasons why you think Yoshi is consistently placed low. He is low/bottom material. He is not good. He has never been good. Nintendo most likly hates him, and Yoshi mainers have always dealt with it before. Whining about being treated unfairly is a stupid remark. Go back to the hell hole spawn which is the Brawl Yoshi boards. shoo.

Oh hey. I totally forgot I had cool-aid. I'm totally getting some.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
sigh

Yoshi has the top air sped in the game, SA on his second jump so he's tough to gimp, a great aerial game, a wavedash, strong smashes, ranged grab, combo machine, he's a ninja, eggs are spammable (lol, it's true) has six different colors, Dair deals a ton of damage and can gimp, bair can rack up damage and start a combo, nair is a strong sex kick, fair is a spike and fairly powerful (albeit a bit slow) uair kills easilly, tilts come out nearly instantly and have little lag, he can CG half the roster (including MK) his pivot grab can go through nearly anything (including MK's spammable tornado) he has better matchups against higher tier characters compared to the lower tier, he's a ninja, dair to footstool can easilly gimp characters, insane height on his second jump, he actually has a counter if you didn't know (his wavedash has SA frames) egg roll has great priority, he is the seventh heaviest character in the game and isn't as big as other heavy characters, he hasa fast run speed, and his shield doesn't shrink.

>_>

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
*looks at Jump Man*

>_>

*Smacks tea out of your hand*

Don't group me in with the socially afflicted attention whores. Not only have I abstained from creating a God forsaken tier list, I have also kept from chewing out a completely ignorant newcomer such as yourself. What proof could you possibly have that Yoshi is mid-tier level? he is incapable of achieving anything as represented not only by his awful move set, mechanics, and style, but by his current tournament rankings and popularity. He has absolutely nothing going for him except that he's better than the absolute trash heap that is Samus and Falcon.

There is no evidence to support your ill-knowledgeable claim. Anything that you may even think you have up your sleeve has already been disputed here time and time again under bright, hot lights and a team of strong, smart investigators such as myself. There is nothing that goes without testing and application. Nothing. Try to bring up something that hasn't been discussed. JUST TRY! I've lurked about every character board on this site, I know more **** than most people know about their own main. I've got the details, I've got all of it. Do you? Do the things running through your mind click with the other **** in the world? I doubt it.

So how about before you try to pin justice or innocence on anyone in here along with ignorance or attraction to volatile comments, how about you reflect upon the reasons why you think Yoshi is consistently placed low. He is low/bottom material. He is not good. He has never been good. Nintendo most likly hates him, and Yoshi mainers have always dealt with it before. Whining about being treated unfairly is a stupid remark. Go back to the hell hole spawn which is the Brawl Yoshi boards. shoo.

Oh hey. I totally forgot I had cool-aid. I'm totally getting some.
O_o

*looks through all the pages in this thread*

Oh yeah, you have discussed everything in the seven hundred and something pages here >_>

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay next person who downs Yoshi will get a--!!!

Strongly typed out arguement. XD

Corigames

Smash Hero
sigh
sigh

Yoshi has the top air sped in the game, SA on his second jump so he's tough to gimp,
He has nothing afterward, which severely GIMPS his recovery after that. You can't do as much as another character can. Try again.
a great aerial game,
Hardly
a wavedash,
The draconic *** grind is not a WD. It has even found an applicable use in fights yet.
strong smashes,
And slow, for maximum efficiency.
ranged grab,
That is super slow, just so the punishment is assured.
combo machine,
That obviously broke down somewhere between N64 and now.
he's a ninja,
Having a fetish for cartoon dinosaurs does not make you cool.
eggs are spammable (lol, it's true)
LOL, it's false. They are slow, don't do a lot, leave you open. You could have at least argued they help air movement.
has six different colors,
To show off just how gay he is.
Dair deals a ton of damage and can gimp,
If the person let's it. And I mean, seriously, lets it happen.
bair can rack up damage and start a combo,
You mean WILL be stopped and gets HIM stuck in a combo
nair is a strong sex kick,
If that's strong, you should see me break a pencil. It'll blow your mind.
fair is a spike and fairly powerful (albeit a bit slow)
You even said it yourself.
uair kills easilly,
About as easy as killing with a jab in the middle of the stage
tilts come out nearly instantly and have little lag,
And don't do ****. Also, this is suppose to be the strongpoint of the Yoshi debate, and you kinda through it aside like it's nothing. Tisk Tisk
he can CG half the roster (including MK)
Until 2%, then they break out.
his pivot grab can go through nearly anything (including MK's spammable tornado)
Until you realive that you are caught in it and there is no hope of servival... and most ranged grabs go through stuff >_>
he has better matchups against higher tier characters compared to the lower tier,
Fabricated facts aren't as good as real ones.
he's a ninja,
Nope, still not cool.
dair to footstool can easilly gimp characters,
Repeating a "pro" for Yoshi doesn't make it twice as good.
insane height on his second jump,
And then he has nothing. awesome
he actually has a counter if you didn't know (his wavedash has SA frames)
SA frames a counter makes not. Also, THAT THING ISN'T A GOD ****ED WD. It's a pathetic excuse for a conveluted roll.
egg roll has great priority,
Still a crappy move.
he is the seventh heaviest character in the game and isn't as big as other heavy characters,
Meaning he gets to fail on the screen for longer than 26 other characters if they all get hit by the same move.
he hasa fast run speed,
For running from his fights
and his shield doesn't shrink.
Yet it still sucks because you can't jump out of it and other ****. Not to mention it looks like crap.

D

Deleted member

Jumpman, by saying yoshi is low high tier, u obviously posses no knowledge of him, or the other characters in the game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The draconic *** grind is not a WD. It has even found an applicable use in fights yet.
Wow your a whiny little thing. The Draconic Reverse, say it with me, D-R-A-C-O-N-I-C R-E-V-E-R-S-E. It has many uses, KOing and spacing are just to name a few, I've KO'd several people with it and have used it for spacing. It has uses. End of this point of the arguement.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
you could make the same list of good things that you jsut made about yoshi about every character on the roster. yoshi is never going to be beter than any character that isnt crap. so yoshi is basically beter than captain and samus. face him off with anyone else and he gets destroyed. he has no significant third jump. his eggs move him less than half a normal jump. his jumps invincibility frames dont make him tough to gimp, they just make you think for more than 1 second on how to kill a character that cant refresh his recovery by being hit. the fact he has some frames where he is ok during his second jump may b the reason he is slightly better than samus.

gantrain05

Smash Master
YOSHI RULEEZZZZ!!!! WAHAAHAHA!, ok no, really, he sucks. how can u say he's low high tier? i mean, seriously? u know, i might even start considering falcon and samus above yoshi, because honestly, i've never ever ever in the history of brawl have i ever had trouble fighting yoshi, with any character, on any level, in any situation, he's bottom suck tier for sure, no argument, its over.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Wow your a whiny little thing. The Draconic Reverse, say it with me, D-R-A-C-O-N-I-C R-E-V-E-R-S-E. It has many uses, KOing and spacing are just to name a few, I've KO'd several people with it and have used it for spacing. It has uses. End of this point of the arguement.
ok double post, but seriously? the "draconic reverse" kinda sounds like u are trying to make yoshi sound like some sort of badass? well no, maybe if u called it the big stupid dinosaur turn around roll fake wavedash thing maybe, but yoshi still isn't cool, and it still doesn't help out his ****ty metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom